Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the Tail

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the

#181 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

She smiles dabbing some of the kohl about her eyes and then adding a little perfume on the ladies wrists so she can enjoy the citrus flower fresh scent. She puts her things away and looks to the others. "Everyone, meet Kadiga,
pronounced, ag-id-aK. She says we can have the fish."
Smiling sweetly to the woman she pulls out her small mirror and holds it up for the woman to see her little makeover not that she is brushed and has a touch of makeup and perfume.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb
Bathhouse

Thinking very hard, Dubb manages to say in broken speech:
".agidaK uoy teem ot erusaelP .ecin yrev kool uoy ,boj ecin a enod sah ereh ammE"

Dubb reaches for the bowl containing the fish, making sure the fish is covered in fresh water. He adds some if needed.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#183 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Seeing Dubb reach for the fish, Benham asks, Can we take the fish and get out of here now? Have we finished with this strange old woman?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal looks eagerly at the old woman's goods. Can he tell if any of them are valuable. He will ask the old woman if he can trade her for something of value. Perhaps his glowing charm or his silver mirror for the ring if it's gold, unbroken and expensive perhaps? He will ask her in her backwards tongue
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#185 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Chores

The old lady smiles and looks entertained and thrilled that the tasks asked to be completed are done. She does not stop you from taking the fish before you leave she offers a few of her treasures for the extra attention she was given. She offers Emma the small
crystal prism
, and to Jamal she offers the golden ring.

Kadiga looking at Jamal and Emma and smiling she says "uoy knaht"

If everyone is done the only way back out is the same path you took in though you could back track to the Cistern and go out to the cool room and be in the alley outside where you have choices either rush the fish to the ocean which is not far from the abandoned bath house or rush back to the grand bazaar and return the fish to the abusive fisherman. The choices are entirely up to the group.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal places the ring upon his finger and thanks the old woman in her strange backward speech.

"Let us leave via the alley entrance and see if we can maybe cause a distraction and get the fish back into the sea! If we climb out of the well no doubt the killer fisherman will be waiting for us.
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb
Bathhouse

Dubb thanks Kadiga and agrees with Jamal. "I didn't meet the man before the well fiasco, but I didn't get a favorable impression of him." Dubb looks down at the bowl of fish "Besides, I'd like to see a talking fish."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex is pleased with the outcome. "Good job my friends. I say we should let the fish go and just let the fisherman know it got away in the ocean and perhaps we can offer him some payment to help him and his family. Perhaps someone can find a spell to talk to the fish and see if there is more to the story here?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem smiles at the outcome and thanks Kadiga in her backwards tongue before leaving with his friends. "Indeed, I will do what I can to compensate the fisherman....it's not his fault really that he got a little carried away. If all your life was spent just catching fish and barely making ends meet, how do you imagine you would react when a fish that speaks suddenly finds its way into your nets? Still....I am MOST interested in learning more of this 'magical fish' tail".

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawing

She beams at the gift and thanks the old woman profusely giving her a hug and looking at the crystal in delight. She thanks her several more times on the way out and promises to come back and visit some other time as they leave.

To Rekeem "Tale," she grins stashing her new Crystal away in one of her small pouches. "Anyway, I agree that we should let the poor thing go. I don't much care for that fisherman, and he is likely to be jailed about not after the way he beat that man. I say that once we release the fish, somewhere safe, we can find out where the fisherman's family lives and help them directly. They might be out a provider at the moment. What if he has kids? A few coin can go a long way to help keep them fed at the very least."

She walks over to the fish and smiles. "Can you really talk? Do you need some water?" She holds out her waterskin of fresh water, her mind already trying to think of anywhere that would be good to let the fish go where he is unlikely to get caught again or worse, while still getting out to sea.

ooc: INT roll?

GreyWolfVT

#191 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:Emma Springdawing
ooc: INT roll?
Yes that or wisdom would work.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal will half cast his magic missile spell and then when his mind empties he asks Alara to head off for a change Self spell.
Within a couple of minutes the wind gen materialises hovering at the little sha'irs shoulder, and the spell appears within his mind.

Come on, to the alley then, keep hold of the fish will you until I am in the alley itself then pass it to me. I shall disguise ya both innocuously and run to the sea and free it back into the ocean!"
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#193 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says as they leave the old lady behind, "Maybe it cannot talk in water. Here let me hold the bowl and I'll prop it out of water but not near any place close to a water drain or pool of water."

Out of ear shot and making sure no one else is around. Abrex holds it out of water just barely if given the bowl with the fish in it.

"There can you talk better now?" If the fish speaks and need to submerge to get more oxygen he allows the fish to do so. "Please continue my friend before we set you free."

"You're lucky the fates allowed us to cross paths. The fisherman was going to sell you to help his family survive but since we found you I think you fare better. We will try to help the fisherman out ourselves."

Abrex waits for a response with the others hoping he doesn't look to silly trying to talk to a fish.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#194 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Why is everyone so quick to return the fish to the water? The fisherman worked hard to catch it and then had it stolen from him. Why should we not return what is rightfully his? That was why we jumped down the well in the first place, was it not? If we weren't going to return it, we could have stayed up top, nice and dry. As for the beating he gave the thief, I feel it was deserved. If someone stole from you, wouldn't you do the same? Or would you try to speak to the thief in a vain hope that he would feel bad and return it to you, only to have him realize no punishment would be forthcoming, allowing him to depart with what used to be your property?

Now, if it truly is a talking fish, and we have neither seen nor heard anything that indicates it is aside from the fisherman's wild claim, then I have no problem keeping it for ourselves and making our own profit off of it. But to let it go serves no purpose, unless you are then going to go to the docks and free all the fish caught by all the fishermen. If that is your intent, then have at it. I'll not stop you in that case, but I'll not assist you, either.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#196 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris AC 0 HP 11

Abrex say, "I see your point Benham Iskandar. We must handle this privately though. First let's hear the fishes side if there is one to be heard. The fisherman may find he is in jail for beating Kalid to a pulp. One step at a time my friends. I was mistaken and thought the fish was just mishandled and lost down the well. The Fisherman says he caught the fish but we don't know that for sure."

GreyWolfVT

#197 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I guess since in the module it does not tell me other than the opening story if the fish can talk it will just have to talk to sort all of this out.

Emma and everyone can hear what happens next. Though Emma determines that the fish must be something that merely takes on the form of a fish but is more than that.

The Fish.... talks? in more water than before actually talks "Please release me to the sea. My name is Salana.
Please release me into the sea so I can return home. Thank you for saving me from being someone's meal. I can reward you if you just take me back to the sea."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

Grins and walks over to the fish. "Don't worry, we'll do just that. This is a very nice fishform you have taken on. I'm impressed. My name is Emma, and we will be more than happy to take you home."

She turns to her companions and they see that smile replaced with the stubborn expression she gets when her mind is made up. "After all, we must remember the ways of hospitality."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- What shall be our reward. Following the others as they depart.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem had frowned and his face grew hard as Benham spoke about profiting off the fish; after the fish spoke, he nodded his head, his mind made up along the same lines as Emma's….

"Salana, my name is Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra, it is nice to meet you." Turning to the others, he continued with, "Well that should settle it; Salana here is clearly NOT a fish as she just proved with her words. Therefore the fisherman did NOT have any right to her and our reward will surely be Fate smiling upon us for saving a living being from an improper end. As far as I'm concerned, its our duty to return her to the sea. As for the fisherman, as I already said; I'll compensate him for his loss, none of you need lose any money over it"; the rough looking but kind-hearted Corsair finished up while studying his companions to see where they stood….

Return to “Archive”