Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 1

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates

#41 Post by Dram »

Anuzal will purchase the below items from the bazaar. When he is at Muluks exotics he will Purchase the driflight from Muluk.

Desert Camel (50gp)
Bit and Bridle (15sp)
Camel Barding1/2 pad(80gp)
Saddle bags(4gp)
10 Gallon Waterskin x2 (16gp)
Dates, 2 lbs. (4sp)
Figs, 2 lbs. (4sp)
Nuts, 4 lbs. (4gp)
Olives, 2 lbs. (16sp)
Raisins, 3lbs. (6sp)
Rice (5lbs) (5sp)
Salted Fish (100), (1gp)
Camel feed(1wk) (2gp,4sp)

Total spent 382gp,4sp

I am going to transfer the coin I have into platinum.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Seeing people purchase some foodstuffs, Dubb smacks his forehead and runs off. "A good idea is a good idea."

Dubb purchases:
2 lbs of figs 4s
4 lbs of nuts 4g

He then goes and 'Donates' a sum of money to the mosque of Haku, requesting that the funds be used to feed children. Possibly invalid children. Who lost their parents. 721g

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex says to the group, “I’ll hire 2 - 6 additional hirelings the elder of Zann recommends with group funds unless the party objects. We have 2 already and we can board our animals.”
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Next Day: Heading out for Talv (Journey Day 1-3)

It is early morning in Muluk, the group awakens and meets up at the gate of lions. The camels and supplies ready their hirelings waiting with the camels ready to head out. The sun has just began to rise and the sight is wonderful. Quite the splendor to behold. Rashad is geared up and ready he has found one of his brother faris of Hakiyah, Hazeem along for the journey to help guard the camels and camp. The camels are already loaded up and ready to head out they are only awaiting the word to start leaving Muluk. When Khalid arrives the young porter greets you all and tells you has has news to share.

Khalid says "I have word of Muli's fate. The assassin you captured and turned in to the sultan's guard is to be put to death, he will be hung in the center of Muluk for all to see. Ayyam sends word that she will not be coming with us but she will make sure your homes and any animals left behind will be well taken care of by her. She is very thankful that you have returned her life." he bows after telling the news and gets ready to head out.

Once everyone is geared up and settled onto their camels. The group heads out. The first day goes quite well being close to the river you stop as needed to get water and take breaks from the heat as the day gets hotter. Shade is easily found in the jungle environment around the Al-Zalim river. You encounter only patrols of the sultan's guards and other travelling merchants, the usual traffic seen other than that the day is fairly uneventful. You make camp the first night the hirelings take their watch shifts so that the group is able to rest.

Day two the journey goes about the same as the first day. You come to the Sakina Falls where you had been before there is a lot of activity here there are a group of the sultan's guards stationed near where you found the path to the secret entrance it looks like all of the items that were left inside the secret complex are being hauled out and the new owner is moving into the complex. You see a fair number of priest from the mosque of Jisan, they're working on converting the complex into to a religious shrine serving their goddess. It's quite the sight to see and you know the former owner is likely fuming at the thought if he has found out about this. You only take a brief break by the falls then move on to make camp further away from the old complex of Yodfah's.

Once more the hirelings take watch shifts allowing the party a full night's rest. Setting out the third day you get closer to where the Al-Zalim river gets smaller as the jungle turns to desert landscape. things go from lush and living to just mostly sand as far as your eyes can see. The barren land is something else to see for sure. Then a shout goes out that there is something moving and the group notices there is a number of things heading towards their camel caravan. The words will be remembered as everyone hears them... "SAND STORM!" one of the hirelings shout. Everyone looks to the distance and realizes they need to find shelter or set up a tent and fast.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Not sure who among them have traveled the vast deserts, Dubb takes the initiative and starts barking orders.

"Someone look for any possible rock outcropping nearby, a natural barrier of sorts."

Dubb pulls his 100ft rope from his camel. "I'm going to link the camels together. We need to keep them from scattering!"

"If we can't see any natural barriers nearby, we hunker down on high ground." Dubb points to his extra camel. "There are bolts of linen cloth in there. Use them to cover anything outside. The camels will naturally hunker down and be ok outside."

"Have them lay down and put tents downwind of them. If we can't get the tents up, cover your head with a wet cloth and curl up next to the camels."

Dubb starts racing around, trying to link the camels.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal whispers to Alara, and the djinnling disappears in a crackle of lightning.

[1d100] = 14 : [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 : [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7 : [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7 : [1d6+4] = 5+4 = 9

Whilst the gen is gone the halfling helps out setting up the camels and the tents.

approx how long before the sandstorm hits?

In 7 rounds Alara returns smiling and the halfling withdraws some parchment and some powdered corn extract, and casts a rope trick spell. ([1d100] = 8) successfully, watching as the rope rises into the air to hang suspended in midair.

He scampers up the rope and yells, five more people can fit in here!

Before he vanishes into thin air at the top of the 10’ of rope he glances over to the approaching storm and calls Alara to him. She floats over to his shoulder and they vanish together.
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad laughs loudly at the storm! "It is but a small test from Fate to challenge our strength and resilience! Fear not!" He remembers traveling previously in such weather and that hobbling the camels and wrapping ones self tight against them provides sufficient cover from such a storm.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer peers ahead toward the horizon and immediately realizes his intuition about the day's weather was indeed correct. Perhaps there is enough time to gain aid from the land itself in protecting the group from the tempest, nevertheless, he mentally prepares himself for the very real possibility of hunkering down in place. He gestures to members of his personal entourage (4 cavalrymen) to quickly scout for a section of terrain that could be used as a wind break.

"See my friends? It is just as I said, a sandstorm is upon us! We must take cover, and quickly!" the scholarly man calls out, above the increasing winds.

OOC: FYI, Ameer has Weather Sense, he probably suspected this was coming.

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#49 Post by Ullek »

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan looks towards the direction the storm is coming and says "Light Bringer protect us" He then proceeds to find a windbreak for cover and follows his groups actions on protecting all exposed skin, and getting a wet wrap around his head and face before he hunkers down his mounts with him under a secure windbreak.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote: approx how long before the sandstorm hits?
estimated roughly 15 minutes. based on those with weather sense NWP.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Zeromancer »

Ameer remains calm, and it becomes evident that this is not the first sandstorm the man has encountered. He guides his mount near Dubb, the dwarf, who moments ago had been giving out orders, presumably to the less inexperienced travelers.

"The storm will be upon us in about fifteen minutes. The way I see it, we have two options - first, we could attempt to make a run for Sakina Canyon, it is not far, but the timing would be close - the second option is to shelter in place. There is insufficient time to get that massive pavillion tent you brought along set up, which means we circle the camels on the highest ground we can find and cover ourselves with whatever cloth we have at hand and pray Fate is on our side today." he says from within the confines of his litter as he begins to unwrap his turban.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Sorry all, rl has been kicking my butt and I have neglected this thread. I have no idea what Emma's cut was... but... assuming everything is good I will work out the coinage later. Do I understand that Abrex purchased enough canvas for all of us?

Emma will buy:
Desert Camel (50gp)
Bit and Bridle (15sp)
Saddle Bag, Large (4gp)
Camel Litter, common (8gp)
Tent, small (5gp)
Signal Whistle (8sp)
10 Gallon Waterskin x2 (16gp)

Emma makes good use of her parasol as they travel, happily riding high on the camel in her little patch of personal shade. She looks around at the landscapes and prattles on about her years traveling with her father on his merchant caravans. Each night she makes it a point to cook for everyone and seems to have a constant smile of one that is happily returning to some routine or... dare they consider it... home.

The call goes up for the sandstorm and she jerks upright looking in the direction everyone is pointing and puts away the small umbrella and makes sure all the gear tied to the camel is secure, taking a long pull of water from a skin before replacing it tightly in place on the saddle. She then scans the horizons for anywhere that might offer shelter or a better place to ride out the storm.

INT (14) [1d20] = 20 :shock:

WIS check (10) [1d20] = 5 :D

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 32

He says, "Stay close to each other. If we need help we'll be better off being close to one another. We should check on the camels from time to time to make sure they are ok as well. I'm getting a drink too before this thing hits so I am hydrated."

Abrex guides his camels to join the others and link with the rope. These folks seem to know what they are doing. He wraps up in his clothing and wraps his cloth around his head to completely cover his face but still able to see. He wets it and wraps more around his head leaving just a single layered slit over his eyes. Still covered but not too thick to obscure his vision. He makes sure to cover any exposed skin as well. He hobbles all the camels as well so they stay put or assist others as needed.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb is glad to see people taking the storm seriously. He listens to Ameer's words. "I agree with you. However, I don't like the possibility of being caught unprepared if we run to the falls. I think the second option of high ground or a natural barrier is what we have."

"We can still put up smaller tents, I feel, and increase protection that way." Dubb smiles at the newcomer. "Fate is always with us, friend."

Dubb finishes linking the camels, and starts trying to spot a suitable location.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex Myzeen LN Faris: AC 0: HP 32

Abrex ties his rope to his camel and then to himself.

Abrex adds, "Once we have the high ground all set and ready I will climb the rope and join Jamal. Jamal will this keep us safe from the sandstorm and for how long?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Storm11 »

Yes indeedy it will, for nearly an hour and a half! I have sent Alara for a second such magic!” the small sha’ir replies before he pops into the extradimensional space at the top of the rope trick.
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Helps get the Camels all together. He then moves into cover with the others.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#58 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

Seeing the spell Jamal cast, the taller sha'ir decides to do the same thing. Fetch me that spell, Jafar, and be quick about it. The storm approaches rapidly. He will then secure his camel and the possessions it carries as he waits for the efreetkin to return.

Benham will cast it when Jafar returns in 7 rounds. Scampering up the rope, he calls out, There is room for more in here, but you need to hurry!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Can't remember anything of value about sandstorms form the stories she's heard other than and they were never heard from again, but then again... who came back with the story? She eyes the encroaching cloud as she sips her water and nods sure of herself. "there is no time for tets I'm afraid. This thing is coming in fast. Best we lay low and and heed Ameer's advice. I also worry if this thing may be producing lightening inside, so best to hug the ground."

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rashad merely points at Jamal's and Benham's spell created shelters "We would be smart to trust them at least ten of us will have protection that way the rest of us will cow the camels and cover ourselves with canvas and other smaller tents. We must act quickly." his friend/brother-in-arms Hazeem just nods agreeing with all Rashad is saying.

Return to “Archive”