Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the Tail

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the

#161 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:Do they appear to have any markings, like where an animal had gnawed on them, or tool marks that might indicate using a knife or axe, perhaps? Are the bones intact, or are the long bones broken to get at the marrow?
The bones looks clean as a whistle something clearly ate all the flesh and meat off the bones leaving them clean no obvious sign of tool marks or much signs of gnawing are visible.
Bluehorse wrote:Emma Springdawning

Walks over the the southern entrance and examines the brickwork. Is it old or recent? Are there gaps where one might be able to peer through? Anything else of interest on or near the entrance?
The western exit is the only one walled off in this middle room the south exit is open and goes into another room to the south where the humming is coming from.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by Cwreando »

"MMMMM Something with the ability to clean a bone like that is a concern. I don't know if a magical fish can do that. Let's get moving", adds Abrex.

Abrex has his longsword and buckler ready and move to and through the south exit.
Last edited by Cwreando on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem nods at Abrex's words and he moves to the west, cutlass and dirk at the ready, head-on-a=swivel....

GreyWolfVT

#165 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Crazy Old Woman

In the center of this chamber, kneeling on a hole-ridden carpet, sits a withered old woman rocking slightly from side to side, all the while humming to herself unintelligibly. Three tiers of benches rise up around her, covered with strange objects. On the lowest bench sits a ceramic bowl. The ruby-scaled fish lies in the bowl, its mouth and gills gaping in labored breathing. The withered old woman appears to be an eccentric old woman, contentedly humming unintelligible phrases to herself.

Old Woman rocking back and forth humming and saying "SHIF YM, TFIG, YTTERP SHIF" then more humming and rocking "HSIF PEEK I DLUOHS, SHIF TAE I DLUOHS RO" the woman continues like that while the party all watches her.
Old Woman.JPG
Old Woman.JPG (53.01 KiB) Viewed 593 times
Spread out on the three tiers of benches behind the old woman, are an assortment of items gleaned from the streets of the city: two ceramic bowls; a dirty porcelain tea pot; a purse; a vial of perfume; some tattered garments; a wooden bucket; a silver spoon; a camel brush; a jambiya; a gold ring; a dented metal mirror; a silver earring; a worn-out broom; a gem-studded anklet with a broken clasp; a small crystal prism; and an elephant goad.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion

Asad shakes his head at the gibberish. "Lady is not right in the head! End her delusion and take your damn fish!" He proceeds to examine the room they are in for a way out of this silly chase.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Storm11 »

"Hello, I am afraid I don't know what you are saying Madame, but I think the fish is dying! Can we have it please, perhaps a swap, do you want this glowing gem perchance, in exchange for the fish? Genie fish, can you understand me?" Jamal asks stepping forward and bowing low.
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by Cwreando »

ravenn4544 wrote:Asad the Lion

Asad shakes his head at the gibberish. "Lady is not right in the head! End her delusion and take your damn fish!" He proceeds to examine the room they are in for a way out of this silly chase.
"Easy Assad. Praise the fates. Let us not be hasty my friend." To all "Perhaps some fresh water in the fishes bowl will help it breath."

Abrex takes his water skin to freshen the fishes bowl.

"Madam, can we help you? Someone lost this fish and we were sent to find it. Do you know what it is?"

Abrex turns to the fish. "Did the fresh water help? Do you understand us? A fisherman claims you but I feel he lost you so you are no ones property now. We are curious about you though."

Abrex stand ready with his sword.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma Springdawning

Her face looks puzzled as she steps forward. "Wait... she's... speaking backward... it's not really gibberish..." She pauses, her scholarly skills at work as she repeats the words in her mind, seeing the letters form. ""SHIF YM, TFIG, YTTERP SHIF" then more humming and rocking "HSIF PEEK I DLUOHS, SHIF TAE I DLUOHS RO"" She is saying Fish pretty, gift, my fish... or should I eat fish, should I keep fish..." She grins and nods opening her eyes and beaming, knowing she is right. She then pauses for a moment and is obviously concentrating before putting on her best smile for the old lady. "rehtomdnarg deronoh, olleh. hsif eht yub ew yam? hsif eht ekil ew! hsif eht rof edart ot tnaw ew. noic ekil ynnarg deronoh seod? slewej? nem yknuh gnuoy?" Whith this last part she gestures to Asad mischievously.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb
Bathhouse

Dubb stops humming and dancing as he ponders Emma's words. "You know, I think she's right! Nice catch Emma!" Dubb turns to the old woman, pauses while he thinks hard, then asks:
".ti ekil I ?gnimmuh uoy erehw gnos tahW .evah uoy ecalp ecin ,ereht olleH"

And with that, Dubb starts humming the same tune the old woman was humming.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Thinking this a wierd place for a lonely old lady to hiding. He stands back with his hand upon the hilt of his sword just in case there is trouble.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal waits to see what happens with the woman and tonsee if the fish responds to his question. He will keep his spell ready in case things turn nasty.
Greys Campaign.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem takes in the scene, realizes the woman is speaking backwards at about the same time as Emma and Dub, and he sits down near here; though far enough away to spring up quickly if needed, and he nods politely to her while saying; "It's an honor to meet you ma'am; how is your day going?" with the words backwards, in her fashion. He's doing his best to follow the practice of making small talk before coming to the point which was widely known throughout the lands of Fate....
Last edited by max_vale on Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#174 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir is of a mind to grab the fish and bring it back to the bazaar, but wants to see how events turn out first.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Old Lady

At first as some of your speak normally to the old woman she gets more angry and irritated looking. But then Emma is the first to discover the secret of the humming and odd speech, it's backwards like the writing on the wall back in the cool room with the centipedes.

Once talking back to her in her "native tongue" she looks much happier someone or at least half of you figured out how she is communicating. To Emma's questions she will reply "hsif evah nac uoy, uoy fo srovaf owt deen lliw tub. raih ym hsub, emoh ym peewhs dna"

Translation "Brush my hair and sweep my home." you notice the camel hair brush on the benches behind her can be used to brush her hair and there is a broom as well that can be used to sweep.

She smiles kindly at those talking to her.

The fish does not respond to Jamal using words but the fish blinks at him as if trying to respond to his do you understand me question the fish he could swear nodded to him?

Actions?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Storm11 »

Once the old woman's words are translated Jamal will grasp his glowing staff and motion for the unseen servant to pick up the broom and sweep the cave. Whilst it is doing so he will attempt to pick up the hair brush and will move forward to brush the old tangled rats nest upon the old dears head, without grimacing too much. :D
Greys Campaign.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion continues to ignore the prattling over the old lady and searches the rest of the space for an exit, something useful, etc....

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Bluehorse »

Emma

Seeing the broom start sweeping and then sees Jamaal move to brush the ladies hair. Emma will continue to praddle on in backwards speech, making typical courtly small talk with the woman, figuring she is likely to be started for attention. She takes off her backpack and offers her a touch of kohl and some perfume.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Dram »

Anuzal- Looks for a dust pan to help remove the dirt from the floor. .trid eht tup nac I ecalp a ereht si mam Looking for another room.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#180 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal- Looks for a dust pan to help remove the dirt from the floor. .trid eht tup nac I ecalp a ereht si mam Looking for another room.
The Old Lady nods and points back to the room with all the bones in it.

Return to “Archive”