Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the Tail

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Chapter #1: Introduction to Adventure One: Flick of the

#121 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The human sha'ir waits for others to enter the building. He is still trying to decide if their magic "fish" is not really a fish, or if we are all idiots for thinking a fish decided to leave the water and go for a stroll. He is currently leaning towards the latter.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#122 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Front Entrance to the abandoned Bath House

The front doors are shut and locked for the moment nobody can see or look inside. The bricks the block off all the windows appear much newer than the construction of the old bath house. It appears someone still uses this place for something and appears to enjoy their privacy.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#123 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar

The sha'ir picks up the efreetkin, beginning a whispered conversation, before the gen disappears.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb
Front door of bath house

"Soooo. Can someone open this door, or should we just break it down?" Dubb asks while examining the door, visibly excited at the chance to break it down.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem frowns at the sight of the new bricks and replies to the others; "Hmmm, perhaps we should knock and see if anyone is home?"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by Cwreando »

"It isn't right to just bust into someone place my friends. I shall knock", says Abrex.

Abrexs knocks on the door.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT

#127 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Voice on the other side of the door

"Go away if you wish to buy my wares you have to see me when I am setup in the bazaar! Now away with you!"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad the Lion, "A merchant?!? What in the nine shits of hell are we doing here?"

GreyWolfVT

#130 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Asad the Lion, "A merchant?!? What in the nine shits of hell are we doing here?"
Voice on other side of the door

"If you must know my name is Yodfah I pay good money to rent this area of the old bathhouse as a warehouse to store my goods in. The other areas are flooded and I've had them bricked off to keep my good dry. I care not and know now what is on the other side."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Dram »

Anuzal Shall we tell him that tracked something to his door?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex whispers"'Tis not right to just bust in. While we think the fish is in there perhaps, we do not own the fish ourselves. Unless you can get the individual to let us in to search."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

Dubb listens to the man behind the curtain, ponders, and then declares
"I think we made a mistake and tracked the wrong thing. Unfortunately, I vote we go back through the window and try the other path. Fish need water, yes?"

Scott308

#135 Post by Scott308 »

Benham Iskandar
Monsieur Rose wrote:Dubb

Dubb listens to the man behind the curtain, ponders, and then declares
"I think we made a mistake and tracked the wrong thing. Unfortunately, I vote we go back through the window and try the other path. Fish need water, yes?"
Iskandar smiles. Thank you, Dubb. I believe I have already pointed that out, but in everyone's zeal to find the magic fish, they forgot that is, in fact, still a fish, with all the biological needs and limitations that a fish would be expected to have. So, back through the window?

The sha'ir will clamber back through the window, into the underground bath house.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Storm11 »

"What indeed," the little wind sha'ir says enigmatically, clambering back into the bathhouse through the window. The halfling will swim back to the crossroad tunnel.
Greys Campaign.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by max_vale »

Rahkeem ibn Hamad al-Qudra

Rahkeem shrugs and is happy to get back into the water with the others, but he points out; "Let's remember that this fish just might be magical, and therefore it's possible it DOESN'T need air...or can shape-change....or who knows...maybe we're just dealing with a crazed fisherman. Either way, fate had led us here, so let's continue with the search".

GreyWolfVT

#138 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Back Tracking to the Northern Underwater Tunnel Passage

The group decides they trailed the wrong trail and decides to go back to the room with the cool pool in it. Then rigging up the same rope line to guide the ones whom cannot swim and to run the gear back out to the cistern area the group decides to take the Northern unlit slightly underwater tunnel. Once more re-rigging rope to keep gear mostly dry and guide the non-swimming folk safely through the northern passage.

The tunnel opens here into an 8-foot-wide cylindrical tube, filled with only 3 feet of cool water. This is actually a large copper boiler, fed by the cistern and used to heat water for the bath’s warm pool. The boiler has a wide hole punched through one side, the hole in the boiler is causing water to flood the basement of the one time bath house. Looking through the hole in the side of the boiler you can see into the rest of the boiler room. Slaves once stoked the fires here that warmed water for the hot pool and provided heating for the sweat chambers. Now, the domed chamber is flooded with 5 feet of dark, foul-smelling water. The tops of two arches, can be seen through the hole in the boiler.

Actions?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Storm11 »

Jamal orders the unseen servant to take his light staff and explore the darker underwater area near the boiler and beyond, shedding light into the place to see if the fish is here
for delay in rounds of the gen returning due to 100 roll. [1d10] = 2
Greys Campaign.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dubb

"Whoa! Smells like the bath after some of you have cleaned up. That, or there's a dead camel in there."

Dubb looks around, examining the boiler and it's hole. "Do you think it blew? What could have caused this hole?"

can he tell which side the hole was made from?

Return to “Archive”