Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Word on the streets: Out of Character Chatter

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Anyone who has not PM'd me with a 1d100 roll for their "Gift" please do so. Also it appears Computer +1 may still be having computer issues as he has not logged in since the 26th and still has not posted up a character. At this time I am not going to stop us from proceeding on. If he gets back and posts a character he can catch up to the group otherwise he may have to drop in down the road on the group. Everyone else has a character and we are good to go.

In short "We Are Live!" :) I wish to thank everyone for joining the game lets see what "adventure" we can unleash :D

Cwreando, ravenn4544, Scott308, Bluehorse, & Storm11 have already rolled and received a "gift" item.

So please max_vale, Dram, & Computer +1 PM me with a 1d100 roll and I'll give you the results of that from the magic item tables.

ravenn4544 once you make your post in the IC forum thread I can post an update for everyone's actions, unless anyone has anything else to post after some of the others have acted.

Thanks everyone,

~GWVT (Ed)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Storm11 »

Fantabulous :D
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

max_vale has his gift now as well just need a PM with 1d100 roll from Dram at this point. Computer+1 I can wait until you have a character posted.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Dram »

Welcome Storm. Reminder I will be out of the loop starting Monday night till Sunday the 15th for my sons graduation.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Welcome Storm. Reminder I will be out of the loop starting Monday night till Sunday the 15th for my sons graduation.
Noted :) Also note as a NPC you likely wont have your usual thieving tendencies :P

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Spoiler Alert: I hate to reveal this to you all but...
You are correct in thinking that you are being steered to going down the well, the adventure flat out says that nobody you ask will know where the aqueduct goes, essentially if you want to continue the adventure, unless I get very inventive you all need to go down the well and crawl through an aqueduct. I suppose if you wish to speak with someone in charge of Muluk and wait for a long period of time someone just might be able to give you some information on the wells that have been in the area since the city was founded and where each aqueduct leads. However for the sake of the adventure/module lets play along folks ;) get down that well crawl and get a little wet to figure out where it leads to. :D
That being said I'll post a DM update once everyone is ready for it, please let me know if you are all set and have no further actions so that I can do a DM update post.

TYVM everyone :mrgreen:

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mind you there is nothing in there saying that you have to leave your armor and gear behind either.

GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here is a little diagram I made up of the inside of the well at the bottom
Bottom of the Well.png
Bottom of the Well.png (9.61 KiB) Viewed 253 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Storm11 »

It will take a few rounds to get everyone into the well anyway. Two wizards and an armourless fighter can see if the rest would fit with gear on in the well and the aqueduct from their position right?
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Quite right. The well's dimensions are 50 feet deep to the water, the water is 20 feet deep. The well has a 6 foot diameter top site the well is surrounded by a small stone wall I'll say it is about a foot high. There also is a bucket and crank device at the top of the well to gather water from below. The aqueduct is made of brick and is 2 feet by 3 feet, filled with 9 inches of water.
well_bucket_25756_lg.gif
well_bucket_25756_lg.gif (14.07 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Storm11 »

If we are fast forwarding to Ben casting float and then Jumping into the well Alara would be back by the time the human sha'ir hits the water.

He will try and cast the successful retrieval of the feather fall spell upon whomever wants to come down the well. However he mooses the magic and the spell fizzles.

He will then send her off for a new spell whilst he climbs into the aqueduct and shines his staff into the whole.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm fine with that Storm and I didn't mind how Scott posted his in a fast forwarded manner I think it helps. Personally the only time we need to "count the time" is in a combat situation. I like the role-play and creative styles in the posts. I was laughing my butt off when Max stripped off his gear and dived into a 50 foot deep well without even checking if it was a dry well or not :lol: lucky him though I rolled and he managed to survive and hit the water. :D

So yes at the bottom of the well there is a sort of brick or stone ledge that you can stand on out of the water it's not super large like my graph drawing would indicate i'd say it's maybe 6" to 8" so enough to stand on if you place your feet sideways for larger folks smaller folks would be no issue. The aqueduct would be sort of bowled in the bottom to allow for the 9" of water to flow through the aqueduct. So for the human sized folks hands and knees crawling and likely having to either push packs in front or somehow drag them behind you. If that helps, sure some of the bulkier armor might scratch and scrape a bit on the sides but now it battle worn armor ;)

GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Just as an FYI all of the characters know one another, wasn't sure if i mentioned that but it is set in mind as you all know one another how I'll let you all make that history up as we go feel free to invent your own little backstory as to how you all came to be an adventuring group. ;)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Dram »

Single file, It would be best. In case one of us go under.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Storm11 »

Perhaps the corsair should go first followed by the Faris? The corsairs A/C 3 is pretty good and he won't suffer for the heat penalties of the faris in combat. Then maybe the Askar/Saluk for trap finding purposes, the little wizards followed by the big wizard and then the Lion brining up the rear maybe? What do you guys think?
Greys Campaign.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#57 Post by Scott308 »

That sounds like a decent order to me.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So if I have the correct understanding you're saying the following:

Single File Marching:
Rahkeem (Corsair)
Abrex (Faris)
Anuzal (Saluk/Askar)
Emma (Sorceress)
Jamal (Sha'ir)
Benham (Sha'ir)
Asad (Mercenary)

Does that mean that the double to two by two march would be the following:

Double File Marching:
Rahkeem & Abrex
Anuzal & Emma
Jamal & Benham
Asad

Please correct me if i got that wrong but Emma and Jamal are the shortest two and are mage class a Gnone and Halfling everyone else is a human and there is the one elf (Anuzal).

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Storm11 »

Anuzal is next to Emma and Abrex in the front for double. It's a plan. But am totally open to others that don't put Jamal in the front with his 4 hps :lol:
Greys Campaign.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Cwreando »

Looks ok to Me/Abrex but you have me on double files twice.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Return to “Archive”