It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1071
Jake

Seeing that he has slowed down the Eld, Jake repeats his grapple-tackle, intending to bear the Eld to the ground.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2780
Location: England
The Princess glides over to the table haughtily to retrieve her property, and a weapon as well if she finds one.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 4058
Wikerus delivers a blow to the prone Eld's head. (Unarmed attack is 1d4, but since you have him prone and pinned, we'll upgrade it to 1d6). He then leaps up and heads towards the remaining pole-arms. The Eld leaps up and dashes after him.

Jake continues to grapple with Cucumber-and-Rose.
[1d4] = 1 -1 (armor)
Cucumber-and-Rose, still unable to bring the cylinder to bear due to Jake's close quarters, attempts to hit Jake over the head with it.
[1d4] = 4

Horton and the remaining Eld spare with pole-arms:
Horton: [1d8] = 3
Eld: [1d8] = 2 -1 (armor)

The Princess retrieves her crystal wand, and Splinters grabs the mirror engine. Deet, with a groan of despair, sweeps the disassembled parts of the Crooked Theodolite into a sack.

Outside, there are sounds of clashing weapons, and the roar of a ape.

Actions!
Given how bogged down so many of us are at present, I'll schedule the next update for Friday.

_________________
Master of Game, Architect of Adventure, Domineering Hand of Dread Consequence, GARGANTUA, (Into the Odd)
Salt Peter, sailor, The North Spine Campaign (LL)
Jiminy Gurglesquelch, shoggoth, Tales of the Gam'A Zone (Mutant Future)
Abijah Dun, warrior, The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)
Coat-of-Nine-Hides, beast-master, A Company of Corpses (B/X)
Brother Dumphey, cleric, A Company of Corpses (B/X)

WEBCOMIC!==>>The Mummy's Sabbatical
Gaming blog==>> An Abominable Fancy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1071
Jake

You son of a whore! Jake slaps at the knot raised when the Eld clobbers him, then wades in, trying to grapple and bodyslam the Eld.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2465
Horton continues to desperately attack with the polearm. Under his breath, I wasn't made for this but these arrogant gits deserve a slap.

polearm attack [1d8] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2780
Location: England
The Princess runs over to the exit and peers through the wall with the aid of her crystal wand, hoping to see what action has befallen the ape and who in that fight is winning.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2184
Aware the EWld is hot on his heels, Wikerus will attempt to snatch a pole arm off the rack and swing it behind him in an 180° arc without looking, hoping to catch him with a surprise swat to the short ribs: "Take that, you creepy elf!" he yells, perhaps overconfidently.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 4058
Jake and Cucumber-and-Rose continue to grapple. They lock arms, each trying to overpower the other, but neither gaining the upper-hand. Jake has the superior strength, but the Eld has the advantage of height and reach. They both grow visibly tired.
Jake: [1d4] = 4 Now that both parties are equally committed to the grapple, I will not give the Eld benefit of armor.
Cuke: [1d4] = 3

"Son of a whore!" cries Jake.
"Atavistic lubberwort!" spits the Eld.

Horton and an Eld continue to apply polearms to one another's anatomy. With a sudden lunge, Horton skewers to lanky Eld, ramming the polearm entirely through his torso. But the Eld's final blow still lands, the butt of his polearm swinging up and knocking Horton's great blocky head right off his shoulders!
Horton: [1d8] = 7 I mistakenly attributted armor to this Eld, last round, so I'll apply a +1 to damage, this round
Crit Damage check: [1d20] = 18 Failed.
Eld 3:[1d8] = 7 -1 (armor). This brings Horton down to STR 8.
Crit Damage check: [1d20] = 13 Failed.


Horton's decapitated head is still alive, and vaguely aware of what is happening around him, unable to control his prone body. The blocky head is immediately kicked by the wrestling feet of Jake and Cucumber-and-Rose, and tumbles into a corner.

Wikerus takes up a polearm and attacks the Eld pursuing him.
Wikerus: [1d8] = 6

The Eld jumps back to avoid the arcing blade. Swinging the polearm back and forth, Wikerus is able to hold the Eld at bay, preventing him from arming himself with the last remaining polearm.

The Princess turns the vestibule wall transparent, revealing an eerie tableau: against a background of blue-green fire and purple smoke, three bears have cornered a great white ape. Another bear and ape lie, unmoving, at their feet. Two of the bears are armed with spears. Another moves as though several of its limbs are useless, but backs up its more capable colleagues.

Deet says: "There's bears out there, yup yup, and horse-men, too!"
Schroff barks assent.

Actions!
More on Saturday!

_________________
Master of Game, Architect of Adventure, Domineering Hand of Dread Consequence, GARGANTUA, (Into the Odd)
Salt Peter, sailor, The North Spine Campaign (LL)
Jiminy Gurglesquelch, shoggoth, Tales of the Gam'A Zone (Mutant Future)
Abijah Dun, warrior, The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)
Coat-of-Nine-Hides, beast-master, A Company of Corpses (B/X)
Brother Dumphey, cleric, A Company of Corpses (B/X)

WEBCOMIC!==>>The Mummy's Sabbatical
Gaming blog==>> An Abominable Fancy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1071
Jake

Remembering many fights in the barnyard when he was a kid, Jake tries to kick the Eld in the knee.

[1d20] = 20
[1d4] = 1

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2184
This pole arm is good, thinks Wikerus. Like a very, very long axe. He gives his new weapon, which he spontaneously dubs "Longaxe," a whirl in the direction of the weaponless Eld:
Fictional Pole Arm Maneuver From a Play Wikerus Saw Once: [1d8] = 6

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:02 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2465
Horton's dismayed head rolls into the corner, bleating at Jake: try not to damage that lovely cucumber and rose armor, please!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2780
Location: England
The Princess removes her wand from the wall, satisfied that there is nothing beyond with which she wishes to interfere.

Returning her attention to the activities of this room, she gathers up Horton's head and moves it back to his body, hoping to find a way to rejoin the two.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group