Caravan Ho!

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Caravan Ho!

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

It is just after dawn that finds a mighty host outside the main gate of Dipur. Here is where the caravans assemble for their trek to far off cities. The sounds, the smells, the sights! Trade wagons bulge with silks, spices, and all manner of goods destined to markets far and wide. Swords for hire mingle with the drovers and traders before mounting their horses while scantily clad whores wave scarves from one large colored wagon. Before long, Massoud has the caravan ready and has it files down the ancient path, the caravan resembles one large snake twisting ever so slowly through the bleak land beyond the city.

Please let me know if your character is riding a horse or riding in a wagon. Please indicate everyone's general location. If you are with a wagon, are you inside or riding alongside the drover? Once we lock all that down, I will be rolling for encounters each day. Feel free to play your characters in little vignettes if you wish.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Caravan Ho!

#2 Post by Griffith »

Ustaim wraps a crimson turban around his head and across his face mimicing as best he can the other desert nomads among the caravan. I must protect my golden locks and fair skin, I am a northerner from Tharag Thulan after all. He climbs into the wagon of the silk merchant and sits next to the driver. He inspects his axe and long bow assuring they are ready for battle if need be.

Ustaim will flirt with the silk merchant's daughters when there is down time.

"Mulazir, Watts! are we ready?"

Ustaim is in a wagon, up front with the driver. His axe and bow at the ready. He has ring armor. He will wear it unless the desert heat will cause him harm. Otherwise he will bundle it up in his backpack.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by ybn1197 »

Watts will find a wagon where the drover is the only one seated in the bench and then climb on board next to him.

FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

Mulazir fans his ample bulk with a palm frond, "I hope it's not going to be too hot on the journey? I find being away from the cool breezes of the sea can be quite taxing. If anyone needs me I'll be under the cover of the wagon."

Mulazir intends to stay out of sight where he can study the map in greater detail, and stay out of the direct light of the sun.
"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do." - Larry Kersten

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Tamerlaine »

Because of the wagons, the caravans only make 6 miles a day.

It is the night of the eighth day and the caravan is broken up into several rings of wagons as a defensive measure. A few fires are scattered within each circle as men and women talk, laugh, drink and drink and play music. Guards take shifts watching beyond the perimeter. Mulazir, Watts, and Ustaim are doing whatever it is they do before bedtime when suddenly everyone goes quiet. Noises can be heard beyond the circled wagons, the cries of nocturnal animals perhaps? Some of the more hardened men get up, their heads turning here and there while drawing swords from their sheaths as the cries of men from the next ring of circled wagons can be heard.

Actions?

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Griffith »

Ustaim takes hold of his battle axe. He heads to the edge of the circle towards where the sounds are coming from. He uses the side of a wagon to shield himself. With his back to the wagon he peers around the edge.

Ustaim will use his Perception skill to detect whether there are men or creatures hiding in ambush.

He will also use his Sense Danger skill to detect any impending threats.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ybn1197 »

Watts will use Stealth to move into the shadows and work his way towards the other ring and Perception to see what is occurring. While moving, he will draw his long sword and dagger.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Tamerlaine »

OOC I'm going to give flightlessscotsman/Mulazzir another day or two to put his character actions in and go from there. I hope everything is going okay with him.

FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

Tamerlaine wrote:OOC I'm going to give flightlessscotsman/Mulazzir another day or two to put his character actions in and go from there. I hope everything is going okay with him.
Sorry for the delay. I get stranded over the last week in a cabin at Mt. Hood with no internet connection. Big Snow/Ice storm in the Portland area, We finally got a snow-plow to come up the road yesterday.

Mulazir climbs up on to one of the wagons where he thinks it would be harder for anyone to get to him. He holds a dart at the ready and scans the dark of night looking for any movement.
"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do." - Larry Kersten

Return to “Tomb of the Witch King Amun Thoth (Crypts & Things 2nd)”