Third Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Third Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

#101 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum Paharis

Looking in the direction of the voice, the Mage replies. Hmm. Two hobgoblins on guard in the first room, and four in the next. They'll likely become involved when they hear combat. Should we try to draw the two guards out?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#102 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Lardo looks to Sham and our two captives: "Can we get our friends here to call out the guards in the next room? We'll also need to keep those goblin lasses quiet."
Failure is always an option.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cormac "Perhaps we should have specified for our captives to lead us to the human prisoners not the goblin women."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by KingOfCowards »

Sham snarls at the hobgoblin captives,
In goblin
"You idiots. It's not the goblin prisoners I want, it's the humans.".
He then looks to Lardo to start formulating a plan. "We could grab one of those dead hobgoblins and position the body. Then have one of our prisoners call out for help, and surprise them when they come to investigate. But who knows if they will bring the other four with them."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Zhym »

"Don't be too quick with this route to ignore," interjects Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third. "Maybe the humans are past that last door."

GreyWolfVT

#106 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cormac awaits the hobgoblins to reply before jumping to conclusions. "I'm not here to save goblin women. Do I look like I care about goblins?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by Spartakos »

When Sham upbraids the hobgoblins, they seem unperturbed. "I know you wanted the humans; this is the way to them."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#108 Post by badams30 »

Brother Henry - Priest

Henry shrugs and tells Sham "Tell them if they guide us to the humans they can have these goblins - they mean nothing to us - and if it can help secure their temporary loyalty, then it's worth it to save the folks we are looking for."

Henry paces about nervously, anxious to get to the captives.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by KingOfCowards »

Sham nods with a snort at the hobgoblins reply, although he holds Henry's statements to himself, not wanting to cut any further deals.

Unless Lardo poses a better plan, he'll move forward trying to get the guards to come out.
He addresses the cooperative hobgoblin.
"Yell out to the guards and tell them there's a fire in the storeroom."
"Everybody except Ampersand getting ready to attack." If there is any way to better position ourselves to surprise hobgoblins coming down the corridor, I'll do so. But I am pretty sure there is too many of us to hide.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#110 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum Paharis

Eglistrum will attempt to position himself so he is not immediately adjacent to the door, as he is not a front-line fighter. If he is able to hide behind something he will do so, staff at the ready to smack a hobgoblin.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cormac ax in hand proceeds on wards ready to attack a hobgoblin if need arises.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Spartakos »

Sorry for the delay, folks.

25th of Shining, 1:50 pm

The party spreads to the walls on either side of the secret door, so as not to be immediately visible. Eglistrum hides behind a stack of crates, and others ready their weapons.

Sham orders the hobgoblin to call to his fellows, telling them there is a fire in the storeroom. He shrugs, and calls down the hallway in hobgoblin, a handful of words. He looks at Sham and says softly, "If I spoke in the goblin tongue, he would wonder why. We use it only to speak to our lessers."

The sound of running boots echoes in the dark secret passage.

Any last minute things? How are people positioned? Tactics when the hobgoblins appear?

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Lardo is positioned in the shadows to one side of the doorway for a backstab on the last hobgoblin to come through.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by KingOfCowards »

Sham will rush to the front of the line to attack whatever comes down the corridor.

GreyWolfVT

#115 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cormac will move to the front to aid if any battle ensues

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#116 Post by badams30 »

Brother Henry - Priest

Henry will stand aside with his mace at the ready, waiting to bash anything that gets in front of him.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#117 Post by Spartakos »

The group hastily moves into position, ready to assault the hobgoblins when they come rushing into the storeroom. But when two hobgoblins burst forth from the hidden passage, they are far from surprised, rounding to either side with readied spears. Even as they attack, jabbing at Sham and Cormac to force them back, another pair moves up into the entrance, raising their loaded crossbows.

Meanwhile, your bound prisoners begin fighting with as much ferocity as they can, considering their bonds. The talkative one tries to kick Kal--who took charge of him when Sham readied for battle--in the crotch, while the other attempts to head-butt Saeros.

Combat map attached, positioning based on what people have posted or my own best guesses. Ampersand does not appear because no one is sure where he is...Zhym, you may position him as you see fit, within reason.

Actions?

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#118 Post by KingOfCowards »

Sham is caught off guard by the sudden rush of hobgoblin foes, making his attack awkward an ill-timed. He curses and yells for Kal to execute the prisoners.
Attack with Broadsword: [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2, Damage: [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by badams30 »

Brother Henry - Cleric

Henry will attack whatever Hob is closest to him, swinging his mace at the thing.

[1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19
[1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#120 Post by Gelatinous Q »

His chance for a backstab lost, Lardo unsheathes his short sword and lunges at HSP2 anyway.

To hit: [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19
Damage: [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”