First Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: First Expedition - The Caves of Chaos

#301 Post by badams30 »

Henry leaves the loot gathering to the others and helps Cormac to his feet, offering him some water. He'll offer a shoulder to him if he can't walk unassisted. "Hurry up everyone, we've got to go."

Yorick
Squire
Squire

#302 Post by Yorick »

Henry finds that Cormac is unresponsive and totally dead weight; the water trickles down his chin, and his breathing is ragged with wet gurgling from his throat and chest. When Henry tries to put Cormac on his feet, the big man cries out in pain and shudders, collapsing onto Henry and dragging him down by sheer weight. His body is slick with sweat, and his leg where he was cut looks particularly swollen and nasty, a sickly black ooze dripping from his thigh.

(spart I hope this fluff doesn't violate anything rules wise?)

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#303 Post by badams30 »

Henry - Cleric

Henry eases Cormac back to the ground. He looks back and forth and and says "Hey! Hurry up and finish that up, I need some help! We've got to get Cormac out of here, I don't think he's going to make it. Let's go, guys!"

Henry nervously looks about, and tries to comfort Cormac as he waits for the others to arrive.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#304 Post by Spartakos »

No problem, Yorick. I'd have been a bit less dramatic, but it works. :)

FYI to everyone, Cormac is dead weight right now. He cannot move, act, or communicate.

Yorick
Squire
Squire

#305 Post by Yorick »

Hey, being dramatic is half the fun! :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Zhym »

Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third grabs the heavy wool cloak and takes a closer look. If hung between two poles, could it make a stretcher?

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#307 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Zhym wrote:Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third grabs the heavy wool cloak and takes a closer look. If hung between two poles, could it make a stretcher?
ooc: Good idea! If not, we might be able to fashion something out of the bedding in the chieftain's room.
Failure is always an option.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Zhym »

Good point. We might also be able to chop up the bed to make the poles for the stretcher. Or just use spears, if we have two of them.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#309 Post by Spartakos »

Quick response: the cloak is well made, and could be used to fashion a serviceable stretcher. Spears would work for that purpose.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#310 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum Paharis

Noticing that nobody had picked up the orc chief's sword yet, the mage will take it. No point in leaving anything behind that the orcs could use against us in the future, especially if it could be worth some money. On that same note, he will grab the copper goblets as well. If nobody else takes them, he will also put the bow and quiver of arrows over his shoulder, as well as try to carry the broadswords and scabbards, wearing one if he is able. If someone were to give him a hand, he wouldn't object to that. One last thing, he will put on one of the heavy gloves, and using that hand, will stab and kill each of the scorpions with his dagger. No point leaving a source of poison behind for someone to use.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Zhym »

Anyone have spears to donate to the stretcher cause?

Scott308

#312 Post by Scott308 »

There were spears among the weapons carried by the orcs in the intersection.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#313 Post by Spartakos »

The two orcs you fought in the storage room likewise had spears, including 2 they threw at you as you approached.

From your posts, I gather your basic plan is to make a stretcher for Cormac (using spears and the cloak), then head for the cave entrance. Is this correct? If so, just tell me who's carrying Cormac and give me a revised marching order.

Eglistrum, I'll note the items you grabbed.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#314 Post by badams30 »

OOC: Henry will volunteer to help be a litter bearer for Cormac. Someone will have to carry the lantern though. We could try to withdraw to the site with our critters, and set up a cold camp for the night, enough to heal up our wounded and get some well earned rest.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Zhym »

Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third will carry the lantern.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#316 Post by Gelatinous Q »

OOC: Did we grab all the loot from the chest? I think Ampersand grabbed the cloak, but that leaves the broadswords and bow and arrows.

Lardo will take point. He reminds everyone of the net trap at the entrance. "Mind the lummox there, will ya, Henry?" he jokes nervously.

If they meet no resistance, he'll stop everyone short at the intersection just beyond the entrance and take a long look and listen around the corner in the direction the orcs fled after their first encounter.

Scott308

#317 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum grabbed the broadswords, the bow and arrows, as well as the orc chieftan's sword.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#318 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Sorry guys, been swamped!

Geert helps pack away any of the serviceable loot, paying special interest to the short bow and extra quiver. "Aye, lads, best be moving now." Being little use with carrying Cormac, the halfling volunteers to lead the way out of the cave once a litter for Cormac is set.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#319 Post by Spartakos »

Okay, nobody mentioned a marching order particularly, though both Geert and Lardo offered to take point. With that in mind (and going from the existing marching order), I'm going to be assuming this until you change it:

Lardo and Geert in the front
Henry and Eglistrum bearing the stretcher with Cormac (Henry in front)
Ampersand bringing up the rear

17th of Shining, 12:45 pm

After securing goods, crushing scorpions, and jury-rigging a stretcher, the group heaves Cormac's bulk onto it and prepares to make good their egress from this lair. Lardo pauses at the intersection, listening intently, but detects no signs of ambush or other mischief, so he gives the go-ahead signal. The party moves quickly across the intersection, and soon afterward exits the cave, minding the tripwire...still marked by the little line of stones that Aron thoughtfully placed.

After the darkness of the cave, the group stands along the cliff wall for a time, their eyes blinking at the sunlight. The sun is just past its apex, so a fair amount of light shines down into the canyon. Aside from the cawing of some crows, there is no sign of anything about.

Actions?

Just FYI, cormac is a heavy SOB...with his gear, Henry and Eglistrum are sharing an extra 300 lb. or so. Their move speed is currently limited to 30'.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#320 Post by Gelatinous Q »

badams30 wrote:OOC: We could try to withdraw to the site with our critters, and set up a cold camp for the night, enough to heal up our wounded and get some well earned rest.
OOC: Agree with this, though it'll be slow-going with the litter and we'll be easy to track and even easier to overtake. But I don't see much of an alternative at the moment. Lardo could take over Eglistrum's spot on stretcher duty if that'll improve our move rate.

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”