OOC Table Talk

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Table Talk

#201 Post by KingOfCowards »

Treasure allocated. Done and done.
I saw no votes other than Lardo for the potion, and Ampersand says he will back out of contention due to the fact that he got a magic item last time. So Lardo it is.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Zhym »

Coin added.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#203 Post by Bloodaxe »

You are no doubt aware that perhaps a week or so ago, a merchant caravan was raided, by what we believe was either goblins or hobgoblins, or both acting in concert. It was thoroughly pillaged, and most who were present were slain...but one teamster did escape, and he said that prisoners were taken.
"Two of those prisoners were a master merchant named Gregor and his wife. While it is quite possible they have already met with a grisly end, I heard you have recently battled with these humanoids. If you were to continue your assaults, I would ask you to please look for them and if possible, rescue them. You would have the Guild's gratitude, which is no small thing."

======================

The Goblins or Hobgoblins might have these prisoners. We didnt see any in the Goblin lair, so maybe the Hobgoblins? That should be our first target, before any possible captives are killed. It cant hurt to get on the good side of the Keep head honchos and the Guild. The Goblins might be fixing up their defenses after our last attack, even though they have been weakened. I say we hit their bigger cousins the Hobgoblins- though they are tougher and probably better organized.
No guts no glory. (or gold)

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#204 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Lardo's going to try to get a little more specific intel before we set out, but I don't want to hold things up either.

Since we know they're inclined to feud anyway, I still think we should try to play the hobs and goblins against each other and go in for mop up work. It could also provide the diversion we need to sneak in for a rescue. Work smarter, not harder.
Failure is always an option.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#205 Post by Bloodaxe »

Time can also be a factor if there are live prisoners.

Maybe the Phantasmal Force spell can be used here. Make it look like the attack is by someone else.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#206 Post by badams30 »

Hey, we killed the ogre, killed some goblins, wonder if we could use some of that equity to influence the kobolds to help us? Maybe we take a few gold and buy some good and booze to ply them with and see if they have heard if any prisoners and would they help us. Might get us some help (doubtful) and might save us some time. Just a thought....

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#207 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:Hey, we killed the ogre, killed some goblins, wonder if we could use some of that equity to influence the kobolds to help us? Maybe we take a few gold and buy some good and booze to ply them with and see if they have heard if any prisoners and would they help us. Might get us some help (doubtful) and might save us some time. Just a thought....

Maybe the kobolds know something at the least.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#208 Post by KingOfCowards »

We might try to use the fake gold on the kobolds.
As for goblins or hobgoblins, we have weakened the goblins. But haven't explored their cave or taken out their leader. It would probably be a good first stop, and if the merchant isn't there we could find another prisoner to question.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#209 Post by Bloodaxe »

KingOfCowards wrote:We might try to use the fake gold on the kobolds.
As for goblins or hobgoblins, we have weakened the goblins. But haven't explored their cave or taken out their leader. It would probably be a good first stop, and if the merchant isn't there we could find another prisoner to question.
Im not sure if going right back at the Goblins is the best idea. They are weakened, but they probably have posted extra guards or traps. They might be expecting another attack and preparing. I think we should strike elsewhere then come back later after it quiets down a bit.
Id like to leave The Keep asap.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#210 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well the goblins numbers are far fewer than the hobgoblins aren't they?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#211 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Well the goblins numbers are far fewer than the hobgoblins aren't they?
Probably, but we cant be sure. We killed some, but there were probably more Goblins to start with. Goblins are usually more numerous then Hobgoblins.

If the group want to strike at the Goblins first- Im ok with that. But my preference is a new target.

Last we saw were the King a few bodyguards, a wolf, his concubines, and a couple regular Gobs.

This:
Before long, a tight group of goblins does venture through the secret door. 3 goblin warriors lead the way, javelins held ready to throw. Behind them come a pair of burly goblins in scale tunics, carrying shortbows with arrows nocked. Behind them is a very tall goblin, nearly 5' in height; he wears a mail shirt and flaring helm, and carries a polished metal shield and a short, heavy cudgel of black wood. Pacing at his side is a huge wolf in a spiked collar. Behind him, guarding his back, are a pair of goblin females; they wear short dresses, not armor, but carry wooden shields and shortswords like they know how to use them. Bringing up the rear is a quartet of goblin warriors, with javelins and axes.

GreyWolfVT

#212 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Either way we will have to fight both as we don't know which of the two has the captives.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#213 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Either way we will have to fight both as we don't know which of the two has the captives.

True.
I'm for setting off at the first opportunity.

GreyWolfVT

#214 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm good with going after the hobgoblins first if that is the consensus.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#215 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I'm good with going after the hobgoblins first if that is the consensus.
We can see what everybody thinks. If the majority wants to go after the Goblins, that's fine. I'd rather the Hobgoblins, but that's ok.

GreyWolfVT

#216 Post by GreyWolfVT »

that or change it up go after the kobolds but they weren't mentioned in the capturing of the merchants.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#217 Post by Gelatinous Q »

My .02: I think we should capture and charm a goblin to get a definite bead on where the hostages are located and save ourselves the trial and error.
Failure is always an option.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#218 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:that or change it up go after the kobolds but they weren't mentioned in the capturing of the merchants.
The prisoners might only have a limited amount of time. If we can pull this off it looks really good on us. Besides, how much treasure can kobolds have? :D

GreyWolfVT

#219 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bloodaxe wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:that or change it up go after the kobolds but they weren't mentioned in the capturing of the merchants.
The prisoners might only have a limited amount of time. If we can pull this off it looks really good on us. Besides, how much treasure can kobolds have? :D
likely about as much as an ogre I'd imagine. ;)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#220 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Bloodaxe wrote:
likely about as much as an ogre I'd imagine. ;)

I can imagine our triumphant return.

You have slain an Ogre last time. What did you accomplish this time?

We killed some kobolds.

What? I couldnt hear you.

We killed some kobolds.....

Oh....

:D :D :D

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”