OOC Table Talk

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Table Talk

#41 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Hey all: I'm out of town til Monday evening on a camping trip. Let's just assume Lardo will lurk toward the rear waiting to see the kobolds' next move.
Sounds fun! Hope the weather's nice! Been a beautiful week in Michigan, but the nights are finally starting to get cold...

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Great daytime weather, but yeah, the nighttime temps were definitely putting me and my gear to the test!
Failure is always an option.

Yorick
Squire
Squire

#43 Post by Yorick »

Hey everyone! Glad to be playing again after all this time. Im still catching up on the posts but I should start posting sometime this week.

Cheers and enjoy the unseasonable thaw!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by badams30 »

Yorick wrote:Hey everyone! Glad to be playing again after all this time. Im still catching up on the posts but I should start posting sometime this week.

HEEEEYYY! Nice to see you again! Welcome to the party!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by rredmond »

Yorick wrote:Hey everyone! Glad to be playing again after all this time. Im still catching up on the posts but I should start posting sometime this week.

Hey Yorick!
Your membership needed moderation, but you should be good to go now!
Enjoy,
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Spartakos »

With people dropping like flies, I thought I should bring this chunk of the house rules to everyone's attention.

Death & Dying; if you reach 0 HP, roll 1d4
1 = You are dead, the end.
2 = You will die in 1d4 rounds if you don't receive magical healing; if you do, recover 1 HP in 6d4 hours
3 = You will die in 2d6 rounds if you don't receive aid; if you do, recover 1 HP in 3d4 hours
4 = You will die in 2d6 rounds if you don't receive aid AND fail a Save vs. Death; if you do (either one), recover 1 HP in 1d4 hours

Now, those aren't as harsh as the old "reach 0 HP and you die 100%" rules, but they are pretty harsh by a lot of D&D measures. There is not a lot of margin for people going to 0 HP and getting back up again; half the time, if you hit 0, you will die unless you're lucky and someone has a Cure Light Wounds or potion in their back pocket. There is no comfortable pad of negative HP...if you hit 0, you are in big trouble.

A bit of good news; there's no long-term recovery (beyond what's described above). Once you're back to 1 HP, you're fine.

Yorick
Squire
Squire

#47 Post by Yorick »

How does poision work? Will Cormac be okay if we get back to the keep and rests up? or will I have to fork over some cash for a cure poision or something?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#48 Post by Scott308 »

Eglistrum will stick with Magic Missile and is fine with any watch shift.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Zhym »

badams30 wrote:Henry - Cleric

Unless someone needs it, Henry will save his CLW spell just in case. He also agrees that returning to the keep to get some new members and/or recruit some torchbearers and porters.
Would we add any PCs by going back to town?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:
badams30 wrote:Henry - Cleric

Unless someone needs it, Henry will save his CLW spell just in case. He also agrees that returning to the keep to get some new members and/or recruit some torchbearers and porters.
Would we add any PCs by going back to town?
That's a good question. Maybe I was jumping the gun. It would be nice to get some torchbearers or whatnot.

Yorick
Squire
Squire

#51 Post by Yorick »

Cormac is alive! Glory be!

Wouldn't King want to get a new character? at the very least we can grab a new pc. If we have the money for it a torchbearer or packrat would be good too.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

Yorick wrote:"Last thing I 'member s'that huge gorgon of an orc woman an' fire in me veins... I'm not going back in there today. With ye or not I'm going back to tha' keep.
I'll be honest: I hate it when players do this. Whether intended that way or not, it reads like an attempt to force the group's hand. What if someone else replies with the opposite—that whether people go back or not, he's going in? Then you have a group split at best, and probably an argument.

Personally, I don't see much value in returning to town if we won't add more PCs. We're pretty much at full health. We won't level by returning to town. And trips back to town always seem to slow down the action. Why not just got back in?

Yorick
Squire
Squire

#53 Post by Yorick »

Zhym wrote:
Yorick wrote:"Last thing I 'member s'that huge gorgon of an orc woman an' fire in me veins... I'm not going back in there today. With ye or not I'm going back to tha' keep.
I'll be honest: I hate it when players do this. Whether intended that way or not, it reads like an attempt to force the group's hand. What if someone else replies with the opposite—that whether people go back or not, he's going in? Then you have a group split at best, and probably an argument.
Noted.

I thought that we might have players that need new characters and it would be best to get them in the group asap... unless they shows up to camp and says hi? IDK though how Spart will play it. Furthermore we all have some pocket change... surely it would be better to have at least one hireling taking care of the lantern and torches rather than wasting a PC with it?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Zhym »

Carrying lights is what magic users are for when they've used their spell for the day. :)

If we need to go back to town to add characters, then we might as well do that. But let's figure out first if we have any PCs to add and if we have to go to town to add them.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Spartakos »

(Sorry for those who saw my IC post; I should have read the OOC jabber before making it, so I deleted it. Let's settle this biz first.)

KingofCowards has a new character ready to go. Going back to town is the simplest way to add him, but if y'all don't mind a little convenient coincidence, we can easily arrange for him to join up with you in the wild. Spearmint has decided to drop out, to focus on other games.

As for your status; you have a full complement of spells, but Cormac, Geert, and Henry are all wounded, and you only have 1 CLW for the day. Granted, you're all fairly fragile at 1st level, even with full HP, but a few HP can be the difference between life or death. Also keep in mind, that CLW might be the only way to save a badly injured ally (that's what happened to both Aron and Littbarsky).

I'm fine with doing it either way. Can we have a show of hands, or more discussion?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Zhym »

I'm in favor of resting in place and going back in, but Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third will go back to town if that's what everyone else wants to do.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by Spartakos »

Since pretty much everybody else favored going back, I'm going to go with that.

Long as I'm talking, let me lay out some stuff for back in town:

1.) Let me know how long you're staying in town, and under what conditions; to help make things simple, here's a breakdown of options.

Minimal upkeep is eating simple meals and sleeping in the common room. Cost is 1 gp per day.
Modest upkeep is sharing a private room with 1 other and eating hearty meals. Cost is 2 gp per day.
Good upkeep is having your own private room and eating fine meals, with plentiful drink as well. Cost is 4 gp per day.

Keep in mind there are only 8 private rooms to be had (though fortunately, none were occupied by NPCs, last you knew). When you left, Lardo had one, Geert had one, and Aron had one.

2.) For the non-cash items you've acquired, let me know what you'd like to sell and who's doing the selling. Most standard stuff would get sold to Susan and Ralf, the traders. Gems and jewelry would get sold to the banker, Hal Groening.

I've decided I'm going to tell you the value of what you've found, and give you XP for it equal to full value (even though you will likely get less than full value when you sell).

XP earned:

Monsters:

4 kobolds put to sleep (half of 28 = 14 XP)
1 kobold killed (7 XP)
1 elite kobold negotiated with (half of 15 = 8 XP)
12 orcs killed (170 XP)
10 orcs put to flight (half of 133 = 67 XP)
Orc Chief killed (113 XP)
Orc Chief's mate killed (18 XP)

Total = 397 XP

Treasure:

54 sp
17 ep
8 gp
40 pp
Silver belt with gold scorpion buckle (150 gpv)
Gold chain necklace (75 gpv)
Ivory bracelet (100 gpv)
2 copper goblets (5 each = 10 gpv)
2 broadswords (20 each = 40 gpv)
1 shortsword (10 gpv)
2 daggers (2 each = 4 gpv)
1 shortbow & arrows (15 gpv)
Chief's sword (100 gpv)
Magic hand axe (500 xp)

Total value = 1425 XP

Total XP = 1822, split 6 ways = 304 XP each

3.) On that note, I'd always intended to give you each a little XP to start, to speed the way to 2nd level (but never got it hashed out before we started the expedition). So everybody can also give themselves 15% of what they need to reach 2nd level.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#58 Post by Scott308 »

How encumbered are we with all the weapons and loot we grabbed? We could head back to town and sell things to free up space. Also, if we rest for a couple days, those that are still injured can heal, and Eglistrum can memorize Detect Magic and see if anything we got (I'm lookin' at you, orc chief's sword) is magical. And then the next day he can memorize Magic Missile again so he can contribute in combat. However, I am fine with staying here and heading back in.

Edit: Ninja'd by Spartakos. Well, I typed it up so I'll post anyway.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Sorry guys, I'm also super busy right now. But going back to town, dividing up the monetary loot, and seeing what magical items we have and who best can use them, all makes sense to me. Survivability goes way up with a rested party smartly deploying a couple of magic items, imo. :mrgreen:

I'll try to post something in character "in town" soon. If I don't specifically get to it, Spart, I think Geert would be looking for additional help to take into the caves as well as a connection to what's-her-face the Dame, hoping for maybe some "official" support from the Keep after showing at least minimal results. He'll either keep his private room or is willing to share a room with one of his new comrades.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by badams30 »

Regarding our hirelings: I was thinking 1GP was pretty fair, but I won't promise them more till they prove themselves (and survive, eh?) and I ONLY promised them a share of coin, not overall loot. I tried to word it carefully.

Henry is fine with taking their wages from his haul if others don't want to pay for these two....

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”