OOC Table Talk

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Table Talk

#21 Post by badams30 »

Henry is ready. As for marching order, he's happy to fall in toward the back or front as needed. His AC isn't great, but he'd be serviceable in the back or covering the spellcasters.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Spearmint »

Littbarsky is happy to go vanguard or bring up the rear.

So, we guys having a last ale or two in Stonebridge before setting out? Do we report to the Keep?

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Spartakos »

At game's start, you should all be at the Keep; if anyone would like to do some interaction before setting out, go right ahead! The thread "Back At The Keep" is good for all town stuff; I've added notes about common locations and details.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#24 Post by Scott308 »

My character is done. As he is quite squishy and prone to dying, Eglistrum would prefer to be somewhere safe...like in a fortified building. Failing that, somewhere in the midst of the party will have to suffice.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Spartakos »

For everyone's info, I have written up some rules for use of trained dogs. I'll have some rules for horses up at some point as well.

I have also sent out some PMs to everyone, with last minute details for finalizing your character sheets. I'm going to start a thread for your first expedition to the Caves in the next few days. If you'd like to do any RPing or final actions around town before heading out, or if there are any preparations you want to make, now's the time!

Keep in mind, you still need to firm up a marching order.

Scott308

#26 Post by Scott308 »

Spartakos, is there any chance you could put the tables in the House Rules threads in a spoiler tag? The error I get from them doesn't allow me to see the thread on my phone.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Spartakos »

Scott308 wrote:Spartakos, is there any chance you could put the tables in the House Rules threads in a spoiler tag? The error I get from them doesn't allow me to see the thread on my phone.
Let me try, stand by.

EDIT: Done, try now.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Digging the rules for dogs, Spart. See my char sheet for Aggie's stats. Looks like Geert is starting to train her to Heel then.

Proposal for a marching order, just to get us started. Feel free to propose changes everybody! My rationalizations may not match your own. :mrgreen:

Single File:
[Lardo/Geert as scout (dungeon/wilderness)]
Cormac
Littbarsky
Henry
Lardo
Eglistrum
Ampersand
Aron
Geert

Double File:
[Lardo/Geert as scout (dungeon/wilderness)]
Cormac _ Littbarsky
Henry _ Lardo
Eglistrum _ Ampersand
Aron _ Geert

Wilderness Spread 1:

...................Cormac ..............Littbarsky

Geert.........................Henry.......................Lardo

....................Eglistrum _ Ampersand

.................................Aron

Wilderness Spread 2 (w/scout):

..................................Geert

...................Cormac ..............Littbarsky

..................Henry.......................Lardo

....................Eglistrum _ Ampersand

.................................Aron

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by KingOfCowards »

Ragnbones marching order looks good to me.
It's a good looking group. Two sure-thing front liners, three spellcasters, two clerics, two rogue types.
My only suggestion might be to get Geert closer to the front in the double file order, but its hard to replace Lardo or Henry so I suppose we keep it the way it is for now.

Scott308

#30 Post by Scott308 »

Spartakos wrote:
Scott308 wrote:Spartakos, is there any chance you could put the tables in the House Rules threads in a spoiler tag? The error I get from them doesn't allow me to see the thread on my phone.
Let me try, stand by.

EDIT: Done, try now.
Much better. Thank you. One other suggestion would be to have a line telling what the spoilered table is, so people trying to look up a specific one can find it easier. Other than that, it works perfectly for me.

Scott308

#31 Post by Scott308 »

Marching order looks ok to me.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Marching order looks solid, with Geert and Lardo on point for scouting duties.
Failure is always an option.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

Looks good to me too.

Btw, I'm going to mostly skip the tavern talk and jump in when the expedition starts if that's okay. Life just got slammed busy.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by ragnboneshopper »

KingOfCowards wrote:Ragnbones marching order looks good to me.
It's a good looking group. Two sure-thing front liners, three spellcasters, two clerics, two rogue types.
My only suggestion might be to get Geert closer to the front in the double file order, but its hard to replace Lardo or Henry so I suppose we keep it the way it is for now.

Yeah, my thinking for holding Geert back is he's pretty handy with missile weapons. And his AC is low enough that he makes a good rear guard too. But if anyone up toward the front would rather be in the rear, happy to switch out. 8-)

Let's go then!

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Spartakos »

Quick heads up:

1.) I added a few new house rules, on foraging/hunting for food in the wild, and "friendly fire" (use of missile weapons while allies are engaged in melee).

2.) KingofCowards was kind enough to put together a handy table, so everyone has quick access to info like HP, AC, and memorized spells. I'll be trying to maintain it throughout the game.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zhym »

Nice!

The gnome's name, BTW, is "Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third." It's considered rude in gnome circles to use less than the full name.

Plus, I'm curious what happens to that table if Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third's full name is used.

If one must abbreviate, one should use initials: AMKHWB3. ;)

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Zhym wrote:Nice!

The gnome's name, BTW, is "Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third." It's considered rude in gnome circles to use less than the full name.

Plus, I'm curious what happens to that table if Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third's full name is used.

If one must abbreviate, one should use initials: AMKHWB3. ;)
Just keep that Wongdoodle to yourself, ok? :lol:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Spearmint »

I play a mage in another LL game on the forum, his 2st level Sleep affects 2d8 HD of creatures and there is no saving throw. Though this is taken from the advanced edition compendium. Is the spell different in the basic rules?

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Spartakos »

Spearmint wrote:I play a mage in another LL game on the forum, his 2st level Sleep affects 2d8 HD of creatures and there is no saving throw. Though this is taken from the advanced edition compendium. Is the spell different in the basic rules?
I find Sleep to be probably the most overpowered spell in D&D, up through 2nd edition. Therefore, I houserule it (one of the few spells I houserule). Please consult the House Rules thread for details.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Hey all: I'm out of town til Monday evening on a camping trip. Let's just assume Lardo will lurk toward the rear waiting to see the kobolds' next move.
Failure is always an option.

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”