OOC Table Talk

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC Table Talk

#221 Post by GreyWolfVT »

some all of cleared a cave of em embellish it a little ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#222 Post by Spartakos »

I'm going to give folks more time to chime in on the IC thread at the feast, but in the interest of getting back to the action...

1.) Are you planning to head back out the day after the feast (24th of Shining)? If so, what time (keeping in mind you will need to take some time to acquire any gear/supplies that the Castellan offered you)?

2.) On that note, you've got 700 gp of gear available...what do you want, if anything?

3.) Planning ahead; you have time yet before making a decision, but I wanted to recap some of what's been tossed around.

--Saeros recommended going after the hobgoblins first; he also thinks the goblins will be more alert and their defenses higher after the recent attack.
--Lardo wants to play the hobs against the gobs, before striking decisively, but also favored capturing and Charming a goblin for more intel.
--Henry suggested going back to the kobolds, and bribing them for info (on prisoners) or possibly aid (against the weakened goblins?).
--Sham favored bribing the kobolds with the fake gold, but also with going after the goblins, as they are weakened, and trying to take a prisoner.
--Cormac is willing to fight either, or kobolds for that matter.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#223 Post by badams30 »

Henry thinks pumping the dog guys for info might be worth a try, as we seem to have a truce with them. And if we give them some food or something, they might trust us and at least tell us if they've heard anything.
Plus Henry is totally for doing anything to immediately find and return the captives (or their remains)

BUT Henry also is for taking advantage of any equipment we can get to assist us. Henry moves to obtain:
Spikes, hammer, some oil, holy water. And if possible, Henry will see if he can get a shirt of chain mail (used, if possible, but he can probably afford new - unless our benefactors are in a giving mood.

GreyWolfVT

#224 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Only additional thing Cormac might like is better armor or more throwing axes though he should have plenty for the moment in the way of ranged weapons.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#225 Post by Bloodaxe »

Equipment-
Saeros is for better armor too, but thats not going to happen now. Platemail is too dear. So.....maybe a couple throwing axes or other missile weapons. When we tackle the Undead- some holy water.

Leaving-
I think its best to get going ASAP. 1- the longer we wait- the more possible enemies can prepare- especially the Goblins or Kobolds, since they know we are around.

The Plan-
Im for going after the Hobgoblins or other targets besides the Goblins. But Im ok with making a deal with the Kobolds for information. A truce with Kobolds might be a good idea, they are certainly the lesser evil.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by KingOfCowards »

Spartakos - Is the local smith capable of providing any finer quality weapons? If not, holy water and adventuring equipment seem the way to go.

For our next course of action I am thinking we stop and speak with the kobolds again. They might know which group is keeping a pair of human prisoners.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#227 Post by Spartakos »

Alas, the Keep does not have a dedicated armorer at this time. Kent is good enough to effect repairs, but he can't even make average quality swords and armor (though he can make simpler weapons, maces, arrowheads, etc).

The most common requests I saw were for improved armor, as well as spikes, hammer, oil, and holy water. Henry mentioned some good food for bribing kobolds; Sham mentioned "dungeon equipment".

With that in mind, here is what Captain Caitlyn has delivered to you.
  • 2 sets of half-plate (500); these can be adjusted to fit Sham's shortness, Saeros's slimness, or Cormac's hugeness (your call as to which 2)
  • 1 mail hauberk (100), for Henry
  • 100 gp worth of food, booze, a few weapons, and dungeon gear
    • 4 throwing axes (for Cormac and Saeros, 4 gp)
    • 20 flasks of oil (2 gp)
    • 3 vials of holy water (75 gp)
    • 20 iron spikes and a hammer (2 gp)
    • 100' of stout rope (2 gp)
    • 2 gallon jugs of wine (8 gp)
    • 2 weeks of good victuals (7 gp)
If you want, you can swap one of the suits of half-plate for another 10 vials of holy water.

I will put up a new expedition thread, for when y'all are ready.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#228 Post by Bloodaxe »

Saeros is fine with letting Sham & Cormac take the armor. He grabs the two axes,a vial of holy water and is ready to go.

GreyWolfVT

#229 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Why thank you I would gladly take the armor and two axes.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#230 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Why thank you I would gladly take the armor and two axes.

No problem. The guys with the heavy armor can go in first. ;)

I'm going to save up for platemail. The extra missile weapons were a good idea. I'll hurl a few hand axes with you.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#231 Post by KingOfCowards »

Bloodaxe wrote:Saeros is fine with letting Sham & Cormac take the armor. He grabs the two axes,a vial of holy water and is ready to go.
Much appreciated Bloodaxe. It's a nice upgrade between expeditions. Hopefully it helps.

GreyWolfVT

#232 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll add that if anyone else can use Cormac's old chainmail armor he will give it to them otherwise he will have to puchase a chest to store it in with the horses at their camp. Also you said half plate but in the two LL rulebooks (Core & AEC) I don't see half-plate armor is it AC 4 like splint mail and banded mail armor?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#233 Post by Bloodaxe »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I'll add that if anyone else can use Cormac's old chainmail armor he will give it to them otherwise he will have to puchase a chest to store it in with the horses at their camp. Also you said half plate but in the two LL rulebooks (Core & AEC) I don't see half-plate armor is it AC 4 like splint mail and banded mail armor?
It's in the house rules equipment section. AC4. No splint/banded listed. Half-plate takes the place of those. 250gp

Next is platemail AC3 at 600gp

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#234 Post by Gelatinous Q »

I believe we're in agreement that we're going to treat with the kobolds for more info before we make a move against the goblins/hobgoblins. Were we going to try to trick them with the fake coin? I'd advise against it at this point. Kobolds are skilled miners and might have a better than average chance of seeing through the counterfeit, and I'd rather not waste hit points and spells in a fight that doesn't help us toward our goal.
Failure is always an option.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Zhym »

No, I agree that it doesn't make any sense to try to pass off the fake gold to the kobolds if we want to keep them as (uneasy) allies.

Now, if there were a way to make it look like the goblins tried to pass off the fake gold to the hobgoblins. that might kick off some fighting between them. But I don't know why goblins would be paying hobgoblins.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#236 Post by Bloodaxe »

Don't we have some casks of cheap booze to bribe the Kobolds with?
We are also taking out some of their competitors in the Caves area.
That strengthens their position.
I also agree to save the fake coins for someone else.

Two jugs of wine....

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#237 Post by badams30 »

Correct- the food and wine was purchased to bribe the kobolds with.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#238 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:Correct- the food and wine was purchased to bribe the kobolds with.
Ok, sounds good!

GreyWolfVT

#239 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bloodaxe wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:I'll add that if anyone else can use Cormac's old chainmail armor he will give it to them otherwise he will have to puchase a chest to store it in with the horses at their camp. Also you said half plate but in the two LL rulebooks (Core & AEC) I don't see half-plate armor is it AC 4 like splint mail and banded mail armor?
It's in the house rules equipment section. AC4. No splint/banded listed. Half-plate takes the place of those. 250gp

Next is platemail AC3 at 600gp
Thanks I just wanted to make sure i was correct in the AC 4 on the character sheet. Sorry I was in a rush this morning and forgot to run through the house rules side.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#240 Post by Spartakos »

GreyWolf wrote:I'll add that if anyone else can use Cormac's old chainmail armor he will give it to them
I don't think anyone else in the party needs it or can use it (now that Henry has mail of his own), but if Cormac were to offer Kal would gladly accept his old armor, and is brawny enough that it will fit him fairly well.

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”