Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Table Talk

#281 Post by badams30 »

Yikes. Hope he's back on his feet soon!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#282 Post by Scott308 »

Take all the time you need. I hope he feels better soon.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#283 Post by Spartakos »

Okay! My son is home and mostly recovered (had a complication after surgery; abscess built up, that needed to be drained). Sorry for the delay, but we are back up and running. :)

I'm going to allow 3-4 days response time, since we're coming back off a hiatus.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#284 Post by Scott308 »

Glad to hear he's doing ok.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#285 Post by GreyWolfVT »

glad to hear your son is going well.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#286 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Spart's not been online since Dec. 2. I hope everything is OK with him and his son.
Failure is always an option.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#287 Post by Spartakos »

Hello all,

I apologize to everyone for my disappearance; my son did recover, albeit slower than expected, but he's fine now....I thank you all for your kind thoughts and words.
Unfortunately, life has been crazy since then, both at work and with my personal life (ongoing custody dispute with my ex). I think I need to shelve this for right now.

Thank you all for your participation, and I'm sorry for being a flake. Hope you enjoyed the ride while it lasted.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#288 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That is quite alright Spartakos. RL takes priority over this. Go be with you family and deal with all of your RL things. They are more important. Shelving the game is a good plan. We can always have it brought back out at a later time when you have things sorted out/taken care of in RL. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with it all. But believe me we all understand and have no ill feelings towards you brother. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#289 Post by Gelatinous Q »

No worries, Spartakos. You're no flake: real life concerns always take priority. I've had it happen to me on a couple games I've run. Good luck.

Once things get back to normal, if you feel like dusting this one off, shoot me a PM.
Failure is always an option.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Zhym »

Understood.

It always took me forever to come up with something for Ampersand etc. etc. to rhyme.

BTW, in the category of "now it can be told," this happened in a PM (emphasis added):
Zhym wrote:Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third listens in disgust. "Death cultists," he thinks to himself, rolling his eyes. "If they're so horny about death, why haven't they chosen death themselves?"

He considers his options. An illusion might be fun. They'd probably wet their pants if Thanatos suddenly showed up. Or if Orcus or Yeenoghu popped in to take issue with the priest's words. But, hell, they'd probably scatter at the sight of a large bear.

Shaking his head, he decides to head back quickly and as quietly as possible. "Fun will have to wait," he thinks. "People need to know what's going on here."

On the way back, he wonders how much longer he'll need to keep rhyming. He started it for fun, then kept it up as a game to see if anyone would say anything. But no one has, and at the rate they're going, Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third might be rhyming for months. Maybe years.

He shrugs and tries to think of rhymes for "Thanatos." "On your toes?" "One of those?" "Much too close?" Thank goodness the cultists don't worship Oranges.

Return to “Adventure on the Borderlands of Lamora (LL)”