It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Central Vermont
Cormac will move to a position more defensible and less in sight.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 pm
Posts: 1117
Sorry for the unusually long delay. Also sorry to delay longer, but I need to know how this scene by the barricade shakes down before I can do a general update, as it will govern what the rest of the party sees.

Ampersand and Lardo:
PP check for cutting bowstring (49): [1d100] = 27
Do hobgoblins notice oil? (1-3 no 4-6 yes): [1d6] = 4
While Ampersand tries to pour oil on the barricade as quietly as possible, Lardo draws his blade and leans forward a bit, carefully drawing the razor edge across the bowstring of one of the hobgoblin's crossbows. It parts almost silently, and the hobgoblin does not notice as the cord goes slack.

His partner, however, is more observant...he leans forward to try and get a better view down the hall, and in so doing places his hand near the front of one of the crates. He then jerks backward, staring at his palm, which is wet with oil. He quickly growls something in his native tongue and leans over to examine the barricade's outer face. The widening of his eyes and the excited tone make it clear he has spied Ampersand's handiwork.

What now? Immediate actions. If Lardo is unable to post, as seems likely from his OOC comment, I will NPC him as I think appropriate.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third scampers invisibly back to the main group. "You'd better go! The hobs—they know! One saw the oil, so—oh, bugger, what rhymes with 'oil?' Um, um, our plan they did foil?"

"Lousy rhyme," he mutters under his breath. "It's hard to do that all of the time."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 423
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
"TOIL. So much for all your toil," Lardo replies to Ampersand as they fall back toward their comrades. "At least they're down one crossbow. We better get some fire down that hallway and soon."

_________________
Failure is always an option.


Last edited by Gelatinous Q on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 pm
Posts: 2317
Location: Western NY
Old Sham will fire a flaming arrow at the barricade.
Attack with Shortbow: [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17, Damage: [1d6] = 4

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 pm
Posts: 1117
Sham said he would fire at any sign of a "commotion", and I think the hobgoblin's actions on discovering the oil qualify; therefore, he will shoot before Lardo and Ampersand return to the group.

Initiative for monsters: [1d6] = 2
Initiative for party: [1d6] = 1

Seeing the hobgoblins react to something and begin gabbling, Sham looses his fiery missile down the hall. It strikes true into the front of the barricade, which promptly goes up like a bonfire. The group can hear shouts...but they sound more angry and surprised than pained.

Ampersand and Lardo announce their presence mere moments later.

Actions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
Brother Henry - Priest

Henry readies his sling and a stone, waiting till he sees a visible target and keeps an eye out for Lardo to appear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17459
Location: Central Vermont
Cormac readies the crossbow he took.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 pm
Posts: 2317
Location: Western NY
Sounds like a free attack to me, Sham shoots another arrow, albeit I expect it to be with poor vision.
Attack with Shortbow: [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4, Damage: [1d6] = 6

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:37 pm
Posts: 1117
Clarification (and apologies for its necessity): the amount of flame and smoke is sufficient to fully obscure the other end of the tunnel. Any shots taken will be firing blind, with random targets...you can't see anything other than orange and black maelstrom down there.

(also, Lardo has not 'reappeared' in the sense that he is visible, but he has returned to your group and announced himself vocally.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2491
Location: Oregon, WI
Eglistrum Paharis

Having already cast his spell, the mage grips his staff in anticipation of hobgoblins coming his way.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
Ampersand Mxyzptlk Kerfuffle Humperdink Wongdoodle Biddleshaft the Third waits, not wanting to lose his invisibility just yet.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 423
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Lardo claps an invisible hand on his friend's shoulder and says, "All's well, Henry, at least until those hobs regroup."

OOC: Spartakos, can we get an updated map?

_________________
Failure is always an option.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group