Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

#161 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:What's next, people?
Jiao returns to the conference room. She wants to transfer her engineer's credentials, and see about getting aboard the ship for a familiarization tour.
You call up your email and find a form to fill out and email back. About 15 minutes later, you get another email telling you that your new certs can be picked up at OP's documents room.

Hardlin comes in, notices you. "Ah, Gospa van Stoddart. Any problems I can help with?"
Eris wrote:Jimi moves his gear into a room at the HQ building and then gets out his dress whites and checks them over to make sure they are presentable for the memorial service. Once that is done, he will double check on time and place to make sure he is there on time.

Next Jimi pulls up company data on the mission, the ship and the crew and starts studying. If anything strange, or off, presents itself he'll make a note of it and look for more information. Once he feels he has a good feel for the mission, the ship's capabilities, and the command level crew, he'll determine the earliest the crew can board the ship for familiarization and dry runs on the controls. Once he gets a date/time he'll fire off an email to the crew with that information.

Finally, if he has time before the memorial, Jimi will head for the ship yard to get a face to face with his new ship and have a chat with the Project Foreman on any issues or problems the refit team has run into, if any.
You pull up the Razor's manifest and maintanance logs. They're loading up an extended air processor plant into the main hold that will need to be hooked up. It displaces 15 tons, and the ship's power plant shouldn't have any problems powering it. The spares needed for the plant take up another 5.

The manifest includes 4000 hot bunks broken down in crates and 3500 adult fast drug doses, 500 child's doses in glucose solution. 10 tons hold boxes of ACR ammo, 135 tons of instaheats, enough to feed a couple thousand people for a month. And a 'shake and bake' starport, to set up a Class D port. Metal foam composite spray for a landing strip, a couple prefabs for a control tower and fuel bladders for unrefined fuel. There are also a dozen fusion powered trucks capable of carrying a couple metric tons each, taking up 5 tons displacement each.

The memorial is tomorrow morning, 1000 local time, on the grounds of a Cao Dai temple outside the Fence.
Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam cleans up quick, and throws on his dress black dress uniform and a pair of flight boots, sets his computer on his arm brace, and heads off for the conference room to meet up with Jiao.
You meet up with her and Hardlin in the conference room.

Actions?
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:You call up your email and find a form to fill out and email back. About 15 minutes later, you get another email telling you that your new certs can be picked up at OP's documents room.

Hardlin comes in, notices you. "Ah, Gospa van Stoddart. Any problems I can help with?"
Jiao sees Aadam come in as Hardlin speaks. "No, I just need to go aboard the Razor to set up my department, and start getting settled in."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by Eris »

Once Jimi has finished his original actions, he applies for a Captaincy Certification.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#164 Post by Ramona »

Go to funeral at appropriate time, buy all ny equipment on line prior to attending.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:You call up your email and find a form to fill out and email back. About 15 minutes later, you get another email telling you that your new certs can be picked up at OP's documents room.

Jiao sees Aadam come in as Hardlin speaks. "No, I just need to go aboard the Razor to set up my department, and start getting settled in."
Unless Hardlin has something to add, Jiao will go to the documents room, and then look for the Razor's berth.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#166 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam goes back to the suite and gets both his toolkits, and waits to get to work on the Razor. He is studying all materials on the ship and copying what he can to zeke, but either way he focuses on getting to work and being ready for this funeral...
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#167 Post by Ramona »

Ramona wrote:Go to funeral at appropriate time, buy all my equipment on line prior to attending.
((Just noticed that the funeral is tomorrow at 1000, go to the starship and find a berth to claim as my own.))

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#168 Post by Aadam Zal »

"Zeke, help me out... I dont know anyone here on this world.. Who's funeral is it?" Aadam said quietly into his comm deck. He was outside the group to a degree and didnt want to be indelicate...
-Captain Nemo

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by Ramona »

Aadam Zal wrote:"Zeke, help me out... I dont know anyone here on this world.. Who's funeral is it?" Aadam said quietly into his comm deck. He was outside the group to a degree and didnt want to be indelicate...
"He was Auntie GoGo's life partner and captain, pilot? I'm never really sure which of the very last rusted out old hunk of junk to eacape from the Carellian Belt just before Chin's fleet detonated a dozen nukes inside Topkai Hab." Ramona says putting down three large shopping bags.

"Lotus Unfolding, Jimi's got eyes on her now. I was getting civies aboard when the shockwave tossed blew me through the airlock and onto the ship. Threw some girl through the door and watched her family get vaporized as the lock slammed shut, don't remember much after that."

She looks about slowly before picking up her bags, "Comfortable, roomy. Anyone want tea after I find a cabin? Ivy taught me how to make tea when we were dirtside on one of our rotations."

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#170 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam watched the woman quizzically, rising from his ad hoc work station to help with the parcels..

"Then its a symbolic funeral? Is there a body?"
-Captain Nemo

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#171 Post by Ramona »

Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam watched the woman quizzically, rising from his ad hoc work station to help with the parcels..

"He was still at the wheel of his ship when GoGo found him a week ago." Ramona pokes her head in a stateroom, frowns and crosses the hall to look in another one, "The Lotus, mis-jumped, spent a year in the well, her crew all died when the life support ran out."

She wanders down to the next cabin and looks inside, "Was all over the news."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#172 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:

Hardlin checks his minicomp. "They're bringing it down in the morning. Still offloading some cargo. A port crew is bringing it down. According to the flight plan they've filed, should be down an hour or so after the funeral."
Eris wrote:Once Jimi has finished his original actions, he applies for a Captaincy Certification.
His application is kicked out by the system, reason being there is a Masters certification on file for you. You can pick it up in the OP Documents center.
Ramona wrote:Go to funeral at appropriate time, buy all ny equipment on line prior to attending.
What all you intending on getting?
Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam goes back to the suite and gets both his toolkits, and waits to get to work on the Razor. He is studying all materials on the ship and copying what he can to zeke, but either way he focuses on getting to work and being ready for this funeral...
Noted. See above for access time to the Razor
Ramona wrote:
Ramona wrote:Go to funeral at appropriate time, buy all my equipment on line prior to attending.
((Just noticed that the funeral is tomorrow at 1000, go to the starship and find a berth to claim as my own.))
Tomorrow, tomorrow, you'll hate me tomorrow, it's only a moment away... :D
Ramona wrote:
Aadam Zal wrote:"Zeke, help me out... I dont know anyone here on this world.. Who's funeral is it?" Aadam said quietly into his comm deck. He was outside the group to a degree and didnt want to be indelicate...
"He was Auntie GoGo's life partner and captain, pilot? I'm never really sure which of the very last rusted out old hunk of junk to eacape from the Carellian Belt just before Chin's fleet detonated a dozen nukes inside Topkapi Hab." Ramona says putting down three large shopping bags.

"Lotus Unfolding, Jimi's got eyes on her now. I was getting civvies aboard when the shockwave tossed blew me through the airlock and onto the ship. Threw some girl through the door and watched her family get vaporized as the lock slammed shut, don't remember much after that."

She looks about slowly before picking up her bags, "Comfortable, roomy. Anyone want tea after I find a cabin? Ivy taught me how to make tea when we were dirtside on one of our rotations."
Ramona wrote:
Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam watched the woman quizzically, rising from his ad hoc work station to help with the parcels..

"He was still at the wheel of his ship when GoGo found him a week ago." Ramona pokes her head in a stateroom, frowns and crosses the hall to look in another one, "The Lotus, mis-jumped, spent a year in the well, her crew all died when the life support ran out."

She wanders down to the next cabin and looks inside, "Was all over the news."
Go-Go comes into the suite. "Coydt tells me the Razor will be down from Kalinin tomorrow morning. I expect you'll all want to get aboard after the funeral." She sits down at the table with you. "Thank you for doing this for me. It means more than you realise."

Sorry, been busy myself last couple weeks. Things got seriously stoopid at work, then I got laid off yesterday. Upside is, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a new gig, starting rate is the same as the end rate where I was, so here's hoping...
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Hardlin checks his minicomp. "They're bringing it down in the morning. Still offloading some cargo. A port crew is bringing it down. According to the flight plan they've filed, should be down an hour or so after the funeral."
Jiao nods. "Okay, thank you." She goes to collect her documents from the document center.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#174 Post by Aadam Zal »

Mystery solved, aadam hangs his jacket on a chair and digs in to his pile of spec documents, as well as the Razor model.. He begins programming Zeke to fit the ship..

"Zeke, link to xray and start vacc suit check prep.. We'll do system check at the suite..
-Captain Nemo

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#175 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Hardlin checks his minicomp. "They're bringing it down in the morning. Still offloading some cargo. A port crew is bringing it down. According to the flight plan they've filed, should be down an hour or so after the funeral."
Jiao nods. "Okay, thank you." She goes to collect her documents from the document center.
You get directions from the girl at the front desk, and find it easily. The young man at the desk in Documents checks your ident, then has you sign a couple places on a datapad. "Your visitor badge, please," he asks. You hand him the white badge that the Port Authority issued you, he hands you back a green one with your picture on it. "Please wear this at all times outside the building, please, Gospa." He hands you a cert card showing you are a fully qualified Chief Engineer per the Interstellar Merchants Alliance, and a badge on a lanyard. "And your cert and company ID. Welcome to Gralyn and Outworld Partners, Gospa!"
Aadam Zal wrote:Mystery solved, aadam hangs his jacket on a chair and digs in to his pile of spec documents, as well as the Razor model.. He begins programming Zeke to fit the ship..

"Zeke, link to xray and start vacc suit check prep.. We'll do system check at the suite..
Duly noted.

Anyone else?
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: You get directions from the girl at the front desk, and find it easily. The young man at the desk in Documents checks your ident, then has you sign a couple places on a datapad. "Your visitor badge, please," he asks. You hand him the white badge that the Port Authority issued you, he hands you back a green one with your picture on it. "Please wear this at all times outside the building, please, Gospa." He hands you a cert card showing you are a fully qualified Chief Engineer per the Interstellar Merchants Alliance, and a badge on a lanyard. "And your cert and company ID. Welcome to Gralyn and Outworld Partners, Gospa!"
"Thank you," Jiao says with a smile. "This is an odd question, I suppose, but is there a place here where people practice with swords?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#177 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote: You get directions from the girl at the front desk, and find it easily. The young man at the desk in Documents checks your ident, then has you sign a couple places on a datapad. "Your visitor badge, please," he asks. You hand him the white badge that the Port Authority issued you, he hands you back a green one with your picture on it. "Please wear this at all times outside the building, please, Gospa." He hands you a cert card showing you are a fully qualified Chief Engineer per the Interstellar Merchants Alliance, and a badge on a lanyard. "And your cert and company ID. Welcome to Gralyn and Outworld Partners, Gospa!"
"Thank you," Jiao says with a smile. "This is an odd question, I suppose, but is there a place here where people practice with swords?"
The young man thinks for a second, then types at his console. "About half a dozen salles inside the Fence, couple more in Corbingrad as well." He looks up at you. "They won't let you work with live steel outside the Fence, of course, just wood or plastic." He taps a button. "Here's a list of the rated salles for you." He prints off a page and hands it to you.
In The Marches:

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#178 Post by Ramona »

Ramona looks at Gogo, the smaller woman looks so much older than she should all of a sudden, "I bought three outfits on the company credit, I probably shouldn't have."

"You were always fair with me Gogo, better than most. Understood, didn't judge, asked the right questions and were never cruel. I like that about you."

She puts her bags down on the table, "There's nothing left behind me anymore, nothing but ash, you point me in a direction and I'll go do what needs to be done. It's what I do and I'm glad you're okay G."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:The young man thinks for a second, then types at his console. "About half a dozen salles inside the Fence, couple more in Corbingrad as well." He looks up at you. "They won't let you work with live steel outside the Fence, of course, just wood or plastic." He taps a button. "Here's a list of the rated salles for you." He prints off a page and hands it to you.
"Thanks." Jiao goes to her quarters and contacts each of the salles, beginning with the ones closest to her building. She sticks with the ones inside the Fence, and asks if she can practice with a live greatsword.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#180 Post by Eris »

Jimi picks up his Certifications and gets to the funeral on time. He wants to be there for GoGo. After the funeral and wake, if there is on, he'll turn his attention to his new ship.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Return to “Candles Against the Night (Traveller)”