#101 Post by Ramona »

Ramona smiles, "As long as they can cut a dress I'll be happy."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

#102 Post by Keven »

Ramona wrote:Ramona smiles, "As long as they can cut a dress I'll be happy."
Zharkova smiles and says "They do all my outfits." And she does look sharp.
joertexas wrote:Jiao stands and makes her way to the commissary for lunch. her mind races as she walks along. What the hell have I just gotten myself into? Running away from home was a good idea at the time, but finding a war wasn't what I had in mind. She sighs softly.
You five get to the commissary. It's set up smorgasbord style, with Carrillian and local cuisine available. Carrillian is mostly stirfry veggies and sometimes meat, various colored noodles in clear soup, small containers of green and red sauce. Ramona recognises them as hot and nuclear fire hot. She also sees the slightly reddish scrambled eggs of a typical hab lunch, though doesn't immediately see the crispy bacon. The local dishes are more like potatos and meat stew, green veggies.

Actions?
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:You five get to the commissary. It's set up smorgasbord style, with Carrillian and local cuisine available. Carrillian is mostly stirfry veggies and sometimes meat, various colored noodles in clear soup, small containers of green and red sauce. Ramona recognises them as hot and nuclear fire hot. She also sees the slightly reddish scrambled eggs of a typical hab lunch, though doesn't immediately see the crispy bacon. The local dishes are more like potatos and meat stew, green veggies.
Jiao lets her nose lead her regarding the food selections. She selects small portions of several vegetables and meats, and adds a small bowl of soup to her tray. She tops it off with a large glass of something cold and carbonated, and then sits down with the group.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by Eris »

Jimi buys a light meal, mostly stirfry vegetables and fish served on rice with a very light sauce. He drinks water.

"So, it looks like we're going to be crew, together." says Jimi, "Let's get acquainted a little."

"I'm a spacer and have been my whole life. My first 18 were growing up aboard various free traders with my folks and the remainder aboard other ships, the last 12 with Gogo on her ship. I can do just about anything that needs doing aboard a star ship, except work the engines. Keep me out of the engine room if you know what's good for you." Jimi grins, "I'm pretty handy with a pistol and cutlass and I've had to use them from time to time, but I'd much rather avoid a fight than be in one."

"My goal has been to have my own Far Trader and make my living trading the spaceways. I doubt I'd ever get rich, but I've always wanted to see what's in the next system over and making trades is a good way to earn enough to keep doing that. All the warring and the hard times we're in now have put a big crimp in my long term goals, but I plan to keep plugging away towards them."

"Having said that, I can truthfully that I'm sickened about what the Sollies did to the Carrilans, and a bunch of other folks out here. Helping get some of them from the hell hole they're in now to some place more safe, like here is something I can get behind. It's bound to be dangerous, though. I'm afraid this job really needs the heroic type and I certainly don't consider myself a hero. So, we'll see how it goes."

"Next?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Next?"
"I'll go next," Jiao says. "I'm Jiao van Stoddart. I am a certified engineer, formerly with Transstar Lines. I grew up in the Magyar Sector, Solarian League. Basically, I got tired of waiting for a promotion and left the company. I started traveling coreward, and here I am. I can shoot, and I'm pretty decent with a greatsword."

"Like Jimi, the idea of helping people appeals to me. I may be Solarian, but I can't agree with what they're doing out here."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#106 Post by Ramona »

Ramona scowls as she swipes through a dozen dresses a minute on her tablet, "Ramona, Ramona Quinn. I was a Peace Keeper for the Carrelian Assembly, which makes us sound a shit pile better than we really were, oh that's so ugly. I was born in the Carrellian belt, grew up in a little house over my parents shop. Started as a med student at Topkaii Polytech when I was 18, on a military sponsorship, some asshole put a bullet in the Emperor a year later and that was the end of me becoming a doctor."

"What the hell were they thinking with that jacket?" Ramona shakes her head and sticks a bunch of stir fried noodles dripping in red sauce into her mouth.

"Bounced around the Assembly putting out fires here and there, was on leave when Chin decided to take a run through the assembly and barely made it out of the belt alive." She sighs and swipes right, "I'm going to look like a bloody ghost at this funeral."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote: "Bounced around the Assembly putting out fires here and there, was on leave when Chin decided to take a run through the assembly and barely made it out of the belt alive." She sighs and swipes right, "I'm going to look like a bloody ghost at this funeral."
Jimi nods, "Yeah, I've got my whites, dress uniform, and it will do. I can't say I like wearing them, though. Ramona, just get something simple and hope you only every have to wear it once."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Ramona »

"Oh Jimi Jimi Jimi," Ramona says with a smile, "you men and your one suit for every occasion, wear the same outfit for a month straight and no one notices. You are so lucky."

"Yes the ubiquitous LWD and LBD are the mainstays of every womans wardrobe but there's so much more to it than that. There are rules Jimi, funeral is formal so it needs to be long with clean lines and, oh that's the one."

Ramona swirls up some more noodles on her chopsticks, "That jacket, those boots and we're done." She sticks the noodles in her mouth, "Still going to look like a freaking ghost."

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#109 Post by Aadam Zal »

It having been quite some time since Aadam had seen or enjoyed food not in a tube or vacpac, he reluctantly poked at the meal and fought his uneasiness watching others eat...

A rendered holosolid model of the new ship floated in front of him on the table, with a data field nearby as he ate. With his finger he deleted hull plating off the drive deck and zoomed into the engine room..

"Zeke, keep scanning for a registry match for this ship, see if you can get up to date specs.."
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by joertexas »

Aadam Zal wrote:It having been quite some time since Aadam had seen or enjoyed food not in a tube or vacpac, he reluctantly poked at the meal and fought his uneasiness watching others eat...

A rendered holosolid model of the new ship floated in front of him on the table, with a data field nearby as he ate. With his finger he deleted hull plating off the drive deck and zoomed into the engine room..

"Zeke, keep scanning for a registry match for this ship, see if you can get up to date specs.."
"Aadam, what about you?" Jiao says, taking a bite of her food as she waits for a response.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#111 Post by Aadam Zal »

"Im Aadam Zal, from 21 Worlds in the Old Expanses... Been a scout for the ESA for 28 years... Thats the Expanses Scout Agency. Had a detached duty scout too prior to my last term out, but now im out retired and now out lookin for my next work gig. Sorry. Got distracted by this bird... "
-Captain Nemo

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#112 Post by Aadam Zal »

"Been a pilot and explorer for so long, its all I know. Spacin is all I know. Bein on planets is the weird part for me..."
-Captain Nemo

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by joertexas »

Aadam Zal wrote:"Been a pilot and explorer for so long, its all I know. Spacin is all I know. Bein on planets is the weird part for me..."
"I see," Jiao says with a smile. She turns to Ivan. "Ivan?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#114 Post by Keven »

Aadam Zal wrote:It having been quite some time since Aadam had seen or enjoyed food not in a tube or vacpac, he reluctantly poked at the meal and fought his uneasiness watching others eat...

You pull up the plans and specs for the Carrillian variant of the Dakaar. The plans are fairly detailed, but you can tell there's a lot that's not showing. The original owner was Carrillines, the mortgage was assumed by Outworld Partners after the fall of Carrill. The current registration shows that Occam's Razor is flagged out of Gralyn.

Before you finish lunch, Go-Go comes by and says "If you people want, you can stay the night here at OP. We have a couple suites on the fifth floor here for 'visiting firemen', as well as company housing offsite for crews onplanet between runs." She smiles slightly. "It's bound to be a bit better than where you're all living at the moment, and I know Jimi and Ramona haven't had the chance to secure cubic yet. If you decide to stay with OP, you'll be eligible for the company housing, of course."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Before you finish lunch, Go-Go comes by and says "If you people want, you can stay the night here at OP. We have a couple suites on the fifth floor here for 'visiting firemen', as well as company housing offsite for crews onplanet between runs." She smiles slightly. "It's bound to be a bit better than where you're all living at the moment, and I know Jimi and Ramona haven't had the chance to secure cubic yet. If you decide to stay with OP, you'll be eligible for the company housing, of course."
Jiao looks up. "I'd like one of those suites, please."

JR
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ottarrus
Scout
Scout

#116 Post by ottarrus »

OOC:
Hey everyone, sorry about the delay posting. Been fighting off a case of the yuks. Mild fever, no energy, tough concentrating, that kinda thing :oops: I'm still in the game.
See replies below.
-- Carl Hicks Jr.
Price of Freedom:
Yojiro 'Yo' Akiyama
DEX: 2d+2 [Guns 4d, Dodge 3d]; KNOW: 2d+2 [Survival 4d]
MECH: 3d+2 [Drive 4d, Navig 5d, Commo 5d]; PER: 3d+2 [Search 5d, Hide/Sneak 4d]
STR: 2d+2 [Brawl 3d, Stamina 3d] TECH: 2d+2 [Electronics 4d, Computer Opn 3d]

CATN:
Ivan Erwin, Uplifted Ape UPP C7A895
Belter /Free Trader
Skills: Brawling 2, JoT 2, Navigation 2, Pilot 2, Vacc Suit 2, Computer 1, Engineer 1, Gun [Rifleman] 1, ZG Environment 1

ottarrus
Scout
Scout

#117 Post by ottarrus »

joertexas wrote:
Aadam Zal wrote:"Been a pilot and explorer for so long, its all I know. Spacin is all I know. Bein on planets is the weird part for me..."
"I see," Jiao says with a smile. She turns to Ivan. "Ivan?"
"Thanks, Jiao. I'm Ivan Erwin. I'm a certified bridge officer, working on Free Traders. Been in space most of my life, starting as a belter in the Confederation. Shipped out on a Free Trader when I realized that the Sollies considered me and my kind one step lower than their dogs. Been trading in the Lower Deep for over a decade now. I'm primarily a pilot and astrogator, but I have some engine skills to back that up. And like any merchie out there, I've had to apply myself to pretty much any job that comes up. I don't have a military background, but I've been taught to shoot and I'm pretty good in a fight. Problem is, some equipment, rifles and what all, needs to be modified for me."

The upApe leans back, smiles, crosses his leg and wiggles his 'foot thumb' at you.... :lol:

"Godspa Zharkova, with due respects, will your tailor be willing to work with an upApe? For that matter, will the presence of an uplift cause any unwanted stir at the ceremony? I'd hate to cause the family any distress."
-- Carl Hicks Jr.
Price of Freedom:
Yojiro 'Yo' Akiyama
DEX: 2d+2 [Guns 4d, Dodge 3d]; KNOW: 2d+2 [Survival 4d]
MECH: 3d+2 [Drive 4d, Navig 5d, Commo 5d]; PER: 3d+2 [Search 5d, Hide/Sneak 4d]
STR: 2d+2 [Brawl 3d, Stamina 3d] TECH: 2d+2 [Electronics 4d, Computer Opn 3d]

CATN:
Ivan Erwin, Uplifted Ape UPP C7A895
Belter /Free Trader
Skills: Brawling 2, JoT 2, Navigation 2, Pilot 2, Vacc Suit 2, Computer 1, Engineer 1, Gun [Rifleman] 1, ZG Environment 1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by joertexas »

ottarrus wrote:"Thanks, Jiao. I'm Ivan Erwin. I'm a certified bridge officer, working on Free Traders. Been in space most of my life, starting as a belter in the Confederation. Shipped out on a Free Trader when I realized that the Sollies considered me and my kind one step lower than their dogs. Been trading in the Lower Deep for over a decade now. I'm primarily a pilot and astrogator, but I have some engine skills to back that up. And like any merchie out there, I've had to apply myself to pretty much any job that comes up. I don't have a military background, but I've been taught to shoot and I'm pretty good in a fight. Problem is, some equipment, rifles and what all, needs to be modified for me."

The upApe leans back, smiles, crosses his leg and wiggles his 'foot thumb' at you.... :lol:
Jiao smiles at the gesture. She seems quite relaxed in Ivan's presence.

JR
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Eris »

"Ivan, no offense meant, but just what sort of humani are you?" Jimi asks, "I don't think I've ever seen a race like you and I know I've never heard of the Upape race. Do your people come from somewhere rimward of Terra? You say the Sollies consider you folks lower than their dogs, so are your people related to the Vargr in some way?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:Before you finish lunch, Go-Go comes by and says "If you people want, you can stay the night here at OP. We have a couple suites on the fifth floor here for 'visiting firemen', as well as company housing offsite for crews onplanet between runs." She smiles slightly. "It's bound to be a bit better than where you're all living at the moment, and I know Jimi and Ramona haven't had the chance to secure cubic yet. If you decide to stay with OP, you'll be eligible for the company housing, of course."
"Thanks GoGo, I'll take you up on the room." Jimi nods adding seriously and looking into his Captain's eyes, "Listen, is there anything we can do for you right now?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Candles Against the Night (Traveller)”