Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Funeral for a Friend: Gralyn RD 1835, 247-1125

#141 Post by joertexas »

Aadam Zal wrote:Seeing Jiao leaving, Aadam moves to catch up and move his gear to the suite..

"Hold on, Chief, I'll head down with ya. My stuff's across the street at the commuter tube hostel. I'll go get, and set up at a suite and get a engineering punch list going.."
Jiao nods. "I'll be particularly interested in her maintenance history. Where we're going is the last place to have chronic issues turn into failures. How much experience do you have on ships of her rate or larger?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Aadam Zal wrote:Seeing Jiao leaving, Aadam moves to catch up and move his gear to the suite..

"Hold on, Chief, I'll head down with ya. My stuff's across the street at the commuter tube hostel. I'll go get, and set up at a suite and get a engineering punch list going.."
Jiao nods. "I'll be particularly interested in her maintenance history. Where we're going is the last place to have chronic issues turn into failures. How much experience do you have on ships of her rate or larger?"
You two catch a cab back to Little Carrill and pack. It doesn't take long to pack up.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:You two catch a cab back to Little Carrill and pack. It doesn't take long to pack up.
Jiao reappears with two large cases on a grav dolly - and with a sheathed sword nearly as tall as she. "I'm ready," she informs Aadam.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#144 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam shows up with 2 cases and 2 tool cases, and sets them on the skip.. "Im ready. Glad to be out of that tube and into a room.. Lets go!"
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by joertexas »

Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam shows up with 2 cases and 2 tool cases, and sets them on the skip.. "Im ready. Glad to be out of that tube and into a room.. Lets go!"
Jiao smiles and points to the cab she called. "Here we go." After they are settled in, she turns to Aadam. "I'll be particularly interested in our new ship's maintenance history. Where we're going is the last place to have chronic issues turn into failures. How much experience do you have on ships of her rate or larger?"

Reposting the question since it got lost in the shuffle...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#146 Post by Ramona »

Ramona excuses herself and goes to get her dress for the funeral.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#147 Post by Keven »

Ramona wrote:Ramona excuses herself and goes to get her dress for the funeral.
You catch a cab to the shop. The salesgirl says, in fluent unaccented Erde, "Ah, Gospa Quinn. We've been expecting you." She glances you over and says "You'll need shoes, of course. And a clutch." She picks a couple items for your approval as another salesgirl brings your funeral dress in a dress bag to keep it from getting wrinkled. "The bill has already been paid by your company, Gospa."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#148 Post by Aadam Zal »

"I worked on a Scout Tender for 4 years, that was 1000 tons.. " Aadam said, searching for a place to buy a holdout snub pistol on his comp deck "this bird looks like a clean layout. Workin' on all kinds of ships gave me a knack for it. I think well be ok. Im gettin a room close to that drive deck.."
-Captain Nemo

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by joertexas »

Aadam Zal wrote:"I worked on a Scout Tender for 4 years, that was 1000 tons.. " Aadam said, searching for a place to buy a holdout snub pistol on his comp deck "this bird looks like a clean layout. Workin' on all kinds of ships gave me a knack for it. I think well be ok. Im gettin a room close to that drive deck.."
Jiao nods. "That's good. My experience is on larger ships, five kay tonnes or larger. Also, I'm from Solomani space, so I am not very familiar with some of the Imperial and other star nations' manufacturers of ships and equipment. I'll be looking to you and the other engineers to fill those gaps until I come up to speed."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Ramona »

Keven wrote:You catch a cab to the shop. The salesgirl says, in fluent unaccented Erde, "Ah, Gospa Quinn. We've been expecting you." She glances you over and says "You'll need shoes, of course. And a clutch." She picks a couple items for your approval as another salesgirl brings your funeral dress in a dress bag to keep it from getting wrinkled. "The bill has already been paid by your company, Gospa."
Ramona thanks the girl and quickly buys 3 other outfits before heading to a stylist to get made up for the event.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#151 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam shows up with 2 cases and 2 tool cases, and sets them on the skip.. "Im ready. Glad to be out of that tube and into a room.. Lets go!"
Jiao smiles and points to the cab she called. "Here we go." After they are settled in, she turns to Aadam. "I'll be particularly interested in our new ship's maintenance history. Where we're going is the last place to have chronic issues turn into failures. How much experience do you have on ships of her rate or larger?"

Reposting the question since it got lost in the shuffle...
The cab takes you back to OP. You unload your gear onto your grav trolley and take it in. The receptionist smiles and rings up an assistant. She leads you onto the lift, waves her ident at a scanner and presses '4'. The lift opens a minute later and she leads you to one of 4 doors on the floor and waves her ident at it. The door opens to a common area with two hallways off it. "Fresher is that way," she says, pointing down one hallway. "Please feel free to choose any room that's flagged green. If I might have your idents, please? They will be your room keys." She processes your idents in the room's computer terminal and hands them back. "Comissarry schedule and menus are on the terminal. You can set up your accounts at your leisure, of course. Welcome to Outworld Partners." She smiles, bows, and leaves.
Ramona wrote:
Keven wrote:You catch a cab to the shop. The salesgirl says, in fluent unaccented Erde, "Ah, Gospa Quinn. We've been expecting you." She glances you over and says "You'll need shoes, of course. And a clutch." She picks a couple items for your approval as another salesgirl brings your funeral dress in a dress bag to keep it from getting wrinkled. "The bill has already been paid by your company, Gospa."
Ramona thanks the girl and quickly buys 3 other outfits before heading to a stylist to get made up for the event.
Cheeky girl. The tab works on the other three outfits as well.
The stylist is pretty good, and follows your requests. She makes you look good. The cost is 25 reals.

Jimi? Ivan?
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:The cab takes you back to OP. You unload your gear onto your grav trolley and take it in. The receptionist smiles and rings up an assistant. She leads you onto the lift, waves her ident at a scanner and presses '4'. The lift opens a minute later and she leads you to one of 4 doors on the floor and waves her ident at it. The door opens to a common area with two hallways off it. "Fresher is that way," she says, pointing down one hallway. "Please feel free to choose any room that's flagged green. If I might have your idents, please? They will be your room keys." She processes your idents in the room's computer terminal and hands them back. "Comissarry schedule and menus are on the terminal. You can set up your accounts at your leisure, of course. Welcome to Outworld Partners." She smiles, bows, and leaves.
Jiao picks the first door that has a green indicator. She steps inside, makes a quick survey, and then brings her belongings inside. She sets the sheathed sword in the corner nearest the head of her bed, and puts her clothing and other items away.

TGM: What time is it?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#153 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam checks into his room, and lines up his gear next to the bed...
pulling up his sleeve, he kys a command silently on Zeke, his trusty computer assistant..

[[ scan room area for surveillance devices or signals... [[

he takes a precursory look around the room, at light fixtures, etc. seeing if there is anything obvious as far as cameras, etc

[[ begin scan [[
-Captain Nemo

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#154 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:Jiao picks the first door that has a green indicator. She steps inside, makes a quick survey, and then brings her belongings inside. She sets the sheathed sword in the corner nearest the head of her bed, and puts her clothing and other items away.

TGM: What time is it?
Noted.

Mid afternoon, about 1530 local now.
Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam checks into his room, and lines up his gear next to the bed...
pulling up his sleeve, he kys a command silently on Zeke, his trusty computer assistant..

[[ scan room area for surveillance devices or signals... [[

he takes a precursory look around the room, at light fixtures, etc. seeing if there is anything obvious as far as cameras, etc

[[ begin scan [[
All you find is the video pickup on the computer console for viddy calls. It's currently turned off.

What's next, people?
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:What's next, people?
Jiao returns to the conference room. She wants to transfer her engineer's credentials, and see about getting aboard the ship for a familiarization tour.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#156 Post by Eris »

Jimi moves his gear into a room at the HQ building and then gets out his dress whites and checks them over to make sure they are presentable for the memorial service. Once that is done, he will double check on time and place to make sure he is there on time.

Next Jimi pulls up company data on the mission, the ship and the crew and starts studying. If anything strange, or off, presents itself he'll make a note of it and look for more information. Once he feels he has a good feel for the mission, the ship's capabilities, and the command level crew, he'll determine the earliest the crew can board the ship for familiarization and dry runs on the controls. Once he gets a date/time he'll fire off an email to the crew with that information.

Finally, if he has time before the memorial, Jimi will head for the ship yard to get a face to face with his new ship and have a chat with the Project Foreman on any issues or problems the refit team has run into, if any.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#157 Post by Ramona »

Ramona heads back to the hostel she'd spent the night in and cleans out her locker, she glances at the men still playing cards at the table as they suck on their stim sticks and slowly consume their alcohol.

"It's been a slice fellas, shame about the ramen, I'm hoping you'll have moved sometime before I get back into town. If not I know an excellent topical ointment for hemeroids."

"You do something to face," the burly bald guy at the ebd of the table asked without looking over his cards, "you look like less of shit suddenly."

"I love you too Curley," Ramona sniped back as she grabed her bags and headed out the door.

The trip to the OP bunkhouse was a brief one and she quickly got changed for the funeral.

Aadam Zal
Strider
Strider

#158 Post by Aadam Zal »

Aadam cleans up quick, and throws on his dress black dress uniform and a pair of flight boots, sets his computer on his arm brace, and heads off for the conference room to meet up with Jiao.
-Captain Nemo

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#159 Post by Ramona »

Aadam Zal wrote:Aadam cleans up quick, and throws on his dress ...
((I read this like 4 times before my eyes made it down to the second line.))

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by Keven »

Ramona wrote:Ramona heads back to the hostel she'd spent the night in and cleans out her locker, she glances at the men still playing cards at the table as they suck on their stim sticks and slowly consume their alcohol.

"It's been a slice fellas, shame about the ramen, I'm hoping you'll have moved sometime before I get back into town. If not I know an excellent topical ointment for hemeroids."

"You do something to face," the burly bald guy at the ebd of the table asked without looking over his cards, "you look like less of shit suddenly."

"I love you too Curley," Ramona sniped back as she grabed her bags and headed out the door.

The trip to the OP bunkhouse was a brief one and she quickly got changed for the funeral.
The hostel was at Kalinin, in orbit, a 2 hour flight away. This happened when you checked out this morning. ;D
In The Marches:

Return to “Candles Against the Night (Traveller)”