House Rules

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

House Rules

#1 Post by Keven »

Rollup:

Throw 2D6 9 times, save the highest 6 rolls, place them where YOU want them in your stats.

If you flunk a Survival roll, you immediately muster out. I've got a table laying around here that will determine the results of a flunked Survival roll. <evil grin>

The following 'Classic Traveller' materials will be allowed for character rollups:
Book 1/The Traveller Book
Book 4 - Mercenary
Book 5 - High Guard
Book 6 - Scouts
Book 7 - Merchant Prince
Supplement 4- Citizens of the Imperium
Paranoia Press's Scouts & Assassins (recommended for non-Imperial Scouts)

Characters may also be rolled up using MegaTraveller's Players Manual, T4, or if you have it, T5 or Mongoose V1. Characters will then be converted to CT for play.

If you want to do a software-based rollup, I've got some old Windows, Mac, and Linux chargens from the dawn of time. PM me your email address, I'll send you some.

HOMEWORLD

Characters will determine their own homeworld by a simple method:

1. Pick a sector on the Traveller Map.
2. On the dice server, throw 1D16. This determines the subsector you were born in.
3. On the dice server, throw 1D8. This determines the column in the subsector you are from.
4. On the map, count the planets in that column. Throw 1d of that number.
5. Report the homeworld in standard format from the Sector listing.
6. If the homeworld discovered is nonsense, repeat Steps 2-4 until it DOES make sense.
7. Starting skills from homeworld are Level 0.
RESTRICTIONS:

Characters must restrict initial technology to Tech Level 13 or less.
Maximum skills allowed to a character are the combined scores of INT and EDU. Each level of a skill is considered to be a seperate skill for this purpose; i.e., Admin-4 counts as 4 skills for this determination. Skill level 0 does NOT count as a 'skill'.

GROUND COMBAT:

Per Mercenary, with CT range bands modifying your 'to hit' bonus.

Space Combat

As per High Guard with the following exception:
Distance die modifiers are based on Classic Traveller's 'Starships' booklet.

For field repairs to ship systems by boarding party or engineering crew, add the total Engineering skill of the crew, divided by the number of crewmen working on that system. Round off to the nearest whole number. This is the DM to be applied to the Damage Control roll. On a roll of 9+, the system is repaired.

Example: Three engineers with Engineering skills of 3, 2 and 2 are in a work party field repairing the power plant. The total Engineering skill pool is 7, the DM is +2. On a roll of attempt succeeds, the power plant regains 1 USP factor.

STARSHIP DESIGN

Not that you're likely to design and buy your own boat, but CT High Guard 2nd Edition is the basis for ship design IMTU.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

ottarrus
Scout
Scout

Re: House Rules

#2 Post by ottarrus »

How are we handling 'cascade' skills?

For example, Ivan has Slug Rifle [ZG Wpns] from his Merchant career. How will we handle it if he has to pick up an ACR? [quick note: he'll already be at -1 due to Uplifted Ape race adjustment]
-- Carl Hicks Jr.
Price of Freedom:
Yojiro 'Yo' Akiyama
DEX: 2d+2 [Guns 4d, Dodge 3d]; KNOW: 2d+2 [Survival 4d]
MECH: 3d+2 [Drive 4d, Navig 5d, Commo 5d]; PER: 3d+2 [Search 5d, Hide/Sneak 4d]
STR: 2d+2 [Brawl 3d, Stamina 3d] TECH: 2d+2 [Electronics 4d, Computer Opn 3d]

CATN:
Ivan Erwin, Uplifted Ape UPP C7A895
Belter /Free Trader
Skills: Brawling 2, JoT 2, Navigation 2, Pilot 2, Vacc Suit 2, Computer 1, Engineer 1, Gun [Rifleman] 1, ZG Environment 1

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Keven »

ottarrus wrote:How are we handling 'cascade' skills?

For example, Ivan has Slug Rifle [ZG Wpns] from his Merchant career. How will we handle it if he has to pick up an ACR? [quick note: he'll already be at -1 due to Uplifted Ape race adjustment]
Slug rifle is a slug rifle.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

ottarrus
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by ottarrus »

OK.
In the interests of fair[ish]ness, I'll presume that since Ivan didn't get his weapon training in the military, he has the 'Rifleman' skill, rather than 'Combat Rifleman'... That he can use single shot, but not autofire slug weapons. I think that means skill in 'Accel Rifle, Carbine, Rifle, Shotgun'.
-- Carl Hicks Jr.
Price of Freedom:
Yojiro 'Yo' Akiyama
DEX: 2d+2 [Guns 4d, Dodge 3d]; KNOW: 2d+2 [Survival 4d]
MECH: 3d+2 [Drive 4d, Navig 5d, Commo 5d]; PER: 3d+2 [Search 5d, Hide/Sneak 4d]
STR: 2d+2 [Brawl 3d, Stamina 3d] TECH: 2d+2 [Electronics 4d, Computer Opn 3d]

CATN:
Ivan Erwin, Uplifted Ape UPP C7A895
Belter /Free Trader
Skills: Brawling 2, JoT 2, Navigation 2, Pilot 2, Vacc Suit 2, Computer 1, Engineer 1, Gun [Rifleman] 1, ZG Environment 1

Return to “Candles Against the Night (Traveller)”