It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Ramona wrote:
Ramona looks at Gogo, the smaller woman looks so much older than she should all of a sudden, "I bought three outfits on the company credit, I probably shouldn't have."

"You were always fair with me Gogo, better than most. Understood, didn't judge, asked the right questions and were never cruel. I like that about you."

She puts her bags down on the table, "There's nothing left behind me anymore, nothing but ash, you point me in a direction and I'll go do what needs to be done. It's what I do and I'm glad you're okay G."

Go-Go pats her hand. "You're about the only family I have left, Ramona. I'll do what I can for you."

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
The young man thinks for a second, then types at his console. "About half a dozen salles inside the Fence, couple more in Corbingrad as well." He looks up at you. "They won't let you work with live steel outside the Fence, of course, just wood or plastic." He taps a button. "Here's a list of the rated salles for you." He prints off a page and hands it to you.


"Thanks." Jiao goes to her quarters and contacts each of the salles, beginning with the ones closest to her building. She sticks with the ones inside the Fence, and asks if she can practice with a live greatsword.

The first 4 tell you they'll only let you train up to it. The fifth, though, tells you that if you can show them you can handle it, they have no problem letting you work out and take courses.

Eris wrote:
Jimi picks up his Certifications and gets to the funeral on time. He wants to be there for GoGo. After the funeral and wake, if there is on, he'll turn his attention to his new ship.

You also pick up your green badge, for resident aliens.

Anybody else got anything before we continue on? We've been waiting a couple weeks now...

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Keven wrote:
Anybody else got anything before we continue on? We've been waiting a couple weeks now...


Nope. Jaio works out at the salle that will let her. Otherwise, she's ready to get to the ship.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 524
Location: Pace, Fl
joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
Anybody else got anything before we continue on? We've been waiting a couple weeks now...


Nope. Jaio works out at the salle that will let her. Otherwise, she's ready to get to the ship.

Same, ready to go.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
Nothing Ramona needs to do.

Ramona smiles, "And I'll keep your ship safe," she shrugs, "while it's on the ground because I can't promise anything while it's off the ground. Totally out of my hands."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Ramona wrote:
Nothing Ramona needs to do.

Ramona smiles, "And I'll keep your ship safe," she shrugs, "while it's on the ground because I can't promise anything while it's off the ground. Totally out of my hands."

Go-Go smiles, and leads you out to the air limo. She's all dressed in white, which Ramona and Jimi know is the traditional color of mourning in the Cao Dai Buddhist faith. There were a lot of Cao Dais in Carrill.

You take a 15 minute flight to the cemetary, walking the last couple dozen meters to the memorial wall. An orange-robed priest is sitting in lotus in front of an altar. Go-Go bows slightly to the altar and the priest. An urn is on the altar, and a stereo of Grey is hung on an easel off to the side.

Actions?

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 524
Location: Pace, Fl
Jimi isn't much of anything when it comes to religion, but he respects Go Go's beliefs. He copies her bows and follows her lead.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:50 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:53 am
Posts: 35
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Aadam lands into a chair, pausing from the workflow. This sort of stuff is lost on him, but he watches intently.

_________________
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Jiao doesn't attend the ceremony; as an outsider, she feels it would be an imposition.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
Ramona smooths her long white dress carefully after exiting the vehicle and follows Gogo to the memorial wall. She bows respectfully to the priest before moving off to the side.

Ramona has never quite understood the whole funeral rites and memorial system, the dead are dead, what do they care if we remember them? She supposed the ceremony was more about the living than the dead, perhaps she should create some kind of memorial for her family although doubtlessly there already were memorials for those who had not survived the destruction of the Carrellian system. It was all very confusing.

Ramona pushed the thoughts frpm her mind and returned her attention to the ceremony.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Jiao makes her way to the ship while the others attend the ceremony.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:53 am
Posts: 35
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Aadam leans into the ladies observing the ceremony after a bit and whispers..

"Misses.. Man, Im sorry about your friend but (checks comp..) we're gonna miss our launch window on this op if we wait too long... We gotta prep the Razor and saddle up... Please, misses, cmon now..."

_________________
"Almighty God! Enough! Enough!"
-Captain Nemo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
It does seem to be taking an inordinately long time doesn't it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
OOC Sorry for the delays, kids. I've been screaming at the navigator to get his ass in gear and post already so we can move on. I'm also prepping up a couple new players. Soon, peeps, soon...

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Keven wrote:
OOC Sorry for the delays, kids. I've been screaming at the navigator to get his ass in gear and post already so we can move on. I'm also prepping up a couple new players. Soon, peeps, soon...


Yaay!

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
OK, seems we have a dropout. Despite plenty of reassurances he would, Ivan's player has yet to post. Thus...

The funeral service itself is rather short, maybe half an hour. It's conducted in Galanglic rather than Erde or Novaruss. Helpful, to those of you offworlders who speak neither. :D

The eulogy is given by a man Jimmy knows as Chande, a buddy of his he haddn't seen in a year, on Grendal. The eulogy is followed by chanting by a group of Cao Dai monks. Ramona recognises the language they use as Nipono. And then Go-Go rises, walks to the urn, and places it in the niche prepared for it, behind the holo of Grey. She kisses her fingertips, touches them to the urn, and whispers something you can't catch.

You all are in the first row of participants. Ramona, you know that you're supposed to go to the niche, reach in, touch the urn, say good-bye, and light an incense stick from the pile provided with the flame in the candle.

Actions?

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 524
Location: Pace, Fl
Jimi catches Chande eye when he gets a chance and nods to him.

He'll follow follow Romona in turn. He'll touch the urn say "Good voyages, friend", light a stick and move along.

Once he gets a chance he'll greet Chande, "Good to see you again, wish the circumstances were better. What have you been up to since I saw you last, back on Grendel?"

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Eris wrote:
Jimi catches Chande eye when he gets a chance and nods to him.

He'll follow follow Romona in turn. He'll touch the urn say "Good voyages, friend", light a stick and move along.

Once he gets a chance he'll greet Chande, "Good to see you again, wish the circumstances were better. What have you been up to since I saw you last, back on Grendel?"

Chande grins. "I'm still with OP, of course. Getting ready to do a run to Lanixohn in a few days. Skippering a Dakaar class freighter for Go-Go, the 'Kilimanjaro', dropping supplies and bringing back some refugees." He fingers his green ident pass. "I'm signing on with Gralyn. They seem to have their heads on straight."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
Keven wrote:
OK, seems we have a dropout. Despite plenty of reassurances he would, Ivan's player has yet to post. Thus...

The funeral service itself is rather short, maybe half an hour. It's conducted in Galanglic rather than Erde or Novaruss. Helpful, to those of you offworlders who speak neither. :D

The eulogy is given by a man Jimmy knows as Chande, a buddy of his he haddn't seen in a year, on Grendal. The eulogy is followed by chanting by a group of Cao Dai monks. Ramona recognises the language they use as Nipono. And then Go-Go rises, walks to the urn, and places it in the niche prepared for it, behind the holo of Grey. She kisses her fingertips, touches them to the urn, and whispers something you can't catch.

You all are in the first row of participants. Ramona, you know that you're supposed to go to the niche, reach in, touch the urn, say good-bye, and light an incense stick from the pile provided with the flame in the candle.

Actions?

Ramona does as she's supposed to, it feels odd speaking to an urn but it is what she's supposed to do. Even if she doesn't understand the significance.

"Fair winds," she says in Edre her fingers touch the urn. It's cold, brassy in colour, like an oversized shell casing.

Ramona takes an incense stick and lights if before moving away from the grave.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 524
Location: Pace, Fl
Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:
Once he gets a chance he'll greet Chande, "Good to see you again, wish the circumstances were better. What have you been up to since I saw you last, back on Grendel?"

Chande grins. "I'm still with OP, of course. Getting ready to do a run to Lanixohn in a few days. Skippering a Dakaar class freighter for Go-Go, the 'Kilimanjaro', dropping supplies and bringing back some refugees." He fingers his green ident pass. "I'm signing on with Gralyn. They seem to have their heads on straight."

Jimi chuckles, "Well what about that. I'm the new skipper of a Dakar class freighter called Occam's Razor. You can guess the rest."

Kilimanjaro, huh? Any idea what the 3rd freighter is called and who'd skippering her?

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group