Hail and Well Met!

Post here to introduce yourself.
Euthanatus
Squire
Squire

Hail and Well Met!

#1 Post by Euthanatus »

Greetings and salutations, fellow adventurers!

Euthanatus (my hopeful new character name) here (pronounced, "Youth-uh-naught-us") or as I am known in the 'Houses and Humans' world as "Dave." I am not a robot, however, I always wanted to be one when I was a kid, hehe.

I discovered this site by searching/reading about others' adventures in Undermountain and got hooked reading the adventure threads here.

I discovered my love for adventure, first, from the old Atari game, "Adventure!" which is why it's so awesome to see a mod with Yorgul(sp?)'s icon! At about age 13 (back in the 80s), my local friends and I got into the table top version of AD&D 1.0, then AD&D 2.0 by the late 80s, and eventually 3.0/3.5 by the year 2000. I have enjoyed playing and DMing (often home brews since I really need the creative outlet). I love playing Wizards the most, then Fighters, and sometimes Clerics, although I could play and enjoy about any class. I wasn't wild about the Cleric until I played one and got some experience (now level 12 in my local game and loving being able to help my party in all manner of situations).

Currently, I'm playing a Priest, Wizard, and Fighter (all siblings and I only play 1 or 2 of them at a time) in a local table-top game for 2.0 (mostly in Waterdeep and Undermountain) with some friends from college (campaign is going on 8+ years now). My DM is a financial consultant in 'Houses and Humans' and is a rules lawyer, so I am quite used to doing things by the book (this DM has encouraged me and our other players to know/research both in-game as a character and out of game to know/be familiar with the limits of our own abilities.

I'm most interested in playing AD&D 2.0 Undermountain-related or even a home brew, because I just can't get enough of a butt-whopping from that dungeon. I'm most interested in playing via forum posting but would also be open to Skype sessions if scheduling permits.

So, if any DMs running an AD&D 2.0 Undermountain (or a home brew, or really anything old school) need a good Fighter, Wizard, etc., please reach out to me.

Pleased to meet you all!

Thanks in advance,

Dave (Euthanatus)
Last edited by Euthanatus on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hail and Well Met!

#2 Post by rredmond »

Houses and Humans?
Welcome Dave and well met!
Hope you enjoy USS!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Welcome, Dave (from a fellow Dave). It sounds like, from your introduction, that you'll fit right in here.

I do know there is some 2e love here on the boards, and there is an active game running in Undermountain (Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)), so I would recommend reaching out to that DM (Darkmane) and see if there are any openings. Worst case, get added to the waitlist.

There are a lot of games currently running, and new games springing up all the time, so I'm sure you can find something to get started with before too long. In the meantime, feel free to check out the 'Tips for the Players' section, and feel free to ask any questions here. It's a good group, with a lot of helpful people.

Welcome, again!
- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

Euthanatus wrote: I discovered my love for adventure, first, from the old Atari game, "Adventure!" which is why it's so awesome to see a mod with Yorgul(sp?)'s icon!
*squeeeeee*

Er... I mean...

Welcome to the Unseen Servant. I think you'll fit right in here.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Euthanatus
Squire
Squire

#5 Post by Euthanatus »

Hail RRedmond! How goes thee?

'Houses and Humans' as you have likely deduced, is an in-joke amongst my local party when we refer to our real lives (sometimes also referred to as 'Pencils and Paychecks."

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site! I'm currently reviewing the Help/Suggestion section(s) as well as others (looking for faqs, etc.) to learn how games are run here, how the dice rolling works, and how to request to be added to a game. I keep getting side-tracked viewing forum adventures (especially "Under Streets of Splendor" and having a great time reading them.

Can't wait to learn more and eventually play!

Thanks again!

Dave

Euthanatus
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by Euthanatus »

dmw71 wrote:Welcome, Dave (from a fellow Dave). It sounds like, from your introduction, that you'll fit right in here.

I do know there is some 2e love here on the boards, and there is an active game running in Undermountain (Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)), so I would recommend reaching out to that DM (Darkmane) and see if there are any openings. Worst case, get added to the waitlist.

There are a lot of games currently running, and new games springing up all the time, so I'm sure you can find something to get started with before too long. In the meantime, feel free to check out the 'Tips for the Players' section, and feel free to ask any questions here. It's a good group, with a lot of helpful people.

Welcome, again!
- Dave
These are the Daves, I know, I know! (We are part of the secret army of Daves, haha!).
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the link recommendations; that's just what I'm looking for! I try to research the rules, etiquette, etc. and that's just what I was looking for. Heh Under the Streets of Splendor is the thread I first found here and I'm having trouble getting away from it (starting at the first adventure thread and I see there is much more to go!). Thanks for the reference. Once I learn a little more about the way things roll here, I will reach out to Darkmane.

Thanks so much!

Euthanatus
Squire
Squire

#7 Post by Euthanatus »

Alethan wrote:
Euthanatus wrote: I discovered my love for adventure, first, from the old Atari game, "Adventure!" which is why it's so awesome to see a mod with Yorgul(sp?)'s icon!
*squeeeeee*

Er... I mean...

Welcome to the Unseen Servant. I think you'll fit right in here.
Hahah, thanks! And I thought I was one of the few who remember that game (ever had the bat fly around with you in the dragon's belly? Or the easter egg room?). If memory serves in my middle age, there was Yorgul the Yellow Dragon, Grundle the Green, and my favorite, Rhindle the Red?

Anyway, thanks much for the welcome!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by rredmond »

Euthanatus wrote:Hail RRedmond! How goes thee?

'Houses and Humans' as you have likely deduced, is an in-joke amongst my local party when we refer to our real lives (sometimes also referred to as 'Pencils and Paychecks."

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site! I'm currently reviewing the Help/Suggestion section(s) as well as others (looking for faqs, etc.) to learn how games are run here, how the dice rolling works, and how to request to be added to a game. I keep getting side-tracked viewing forum adventures (especially "Under Streets of Splendor" and having a great time reading them.

Can't wait to learn more and eventually play!

Thanks again!

Dave
Makes sense!
Welcome again!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Welcome to the freak show, Dave.

To reiterate, it sounds like you should fit right in here. :D

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Inferno »

Welcome, Dave!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hello and Welcome Dave :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by coil23 »

Welcome aboard!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Welcome!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Griffith »

Greetings :)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Starbeard »

Greetings, Dave!

I was at a miniatures game convention recently and saw the Ruins of Undermountain box in the trade room. I almost bought it but I felt the guy was asking a little too much. Since then I've read up on the module and really wish I had picked it up—with the going price here in the UK, it would've been a steal!

Euthanatus
Squire
Squire

#16 Post by Euthanatus »

Thanks everyone!

Our rl DM noticed they were pretty expensive here in the States, too, which is why he brags that he has his original box set, still (but just the first part). He has the maps to levels 1 through 3 framed and on the wall. 8 years playing and we have 70% of level 1 mapped, about 1% of level 2, and have traveled the River Sargoth and Skullport through level 3 (so not much of that level mapped either).

We recently found a giant mega shaft that supposedly leads from level 3 on down to the lower levels, but we turned back when we started to descend due to hitting an anti-magic zone. We plan to go back down, but have been sidetracked by above-ground conflicts.

I've been checking the rules and read up on several games going on and think that, once I get used to playing for awhile, maybe I can try my hand at DMing a bit later.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Norjax »

Welcome!

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”