Hello, I will go by the name of Rukellian on this site.

Post here to introduce yourself.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hello, I will go by the name of Rukellian on this site.

#1 Post by Rukellian »

This is my first time joining a play-by-post role playing community, and from what I've read here so far, this place seems mature enough. When it comes to DnD, I have only 4-5 game sessions of experience under my belt. And the group I'm in has only worked with a VERY laid back and not so strict 2nd Edition version of the game. The DM usually provides us and tells us everything we need to know on the spot, assuming none of us know anything about the world we just dived into.

That all being said, you can imagine that I'm the kind of person who just discovered what DnD is and has only read pdf guides of it here and there online, I am that person. Though I do not create an account here with nothing to go off of. I have played the elder scroll installments oblivion and skyrim, which sets a similar fantasy realm I think, but more dumbed down in comparison to the rich world(s) of Dungeons and Dragons.

I look forward to participating in the stories that unravel on this site, hoping to develop my own persona and grow as a member of the DnD community. Though I may start off with a level of ignorance, my role playing and fast learning will hopefully make up for my shortcomings.

While waiting for a response or invitation to a game, I will look through this site and learn as much as I can.

-Rukellian
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hello, I will go by the name of Rukellian on this site.

#2 Post by rredmond »

Welcome -Rukellian!
Great intro!!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Thanks! After reading a little bit of the Legacy of the Unknown campaign, I'm already getting excited about all of this. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site! Going to set up my Unseen Servant Dice Roller account shortly, same name, Rukellian.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

Welcome to the Unseen Servant forum! Don't forget to read the Player Guide, if you haven't already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=858

Good luck with your first game!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by onlyme »

Welcome. Your story is much like mine. That was 1200 posts and 7-8 games ago...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by NPC_Randy »

Hi, Rukellian. It only seemed appropriate to reply to your intro since we're playing together in the LL Barrowmaze game.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

I would like to use my old introduction post as a springboard for something else, an interview with the site and its players!

I am currently in the process of fine tuning my ad for "The DMs Of The Unseen Servant". In the sell yourself part of the dm ad, I thought it would be a good idea to collect some input from you guys. I will pose a question, and then anyone who has played along side me or under one of my games can reply to this. I will use some of the comments then as quotes to help further promote my role as DM on this site. Thanks in advance, and don't be afraid to leave comments heavy with criticism; future players will need to know the positives as well as the negatives of my playstyle and me as a person. I don't want them to be blinded with nothing but good comments, would sound too suspicious and smell fishy :lol:

-Rukellian

Here are the questions. What is your honest opinion of Rukellian as a player and maybe as a DM? What makes him stand out from the rest of the players on this site?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I guess I'll be the first to answer. I don't know a whole lot of your past accomplishments from this site since I really only joined what? maybe 2 weeks ago? I don't even know and it says it near my name when I post, so after this post I will probably know! :lol:

I will say that I have played with you as a fellow player and as a player under your tyrannical DM thumb ;)
I feel that you are a "rules light" DM that cares more about having fun and trying out things rather than going strictly by the book, this isn't the gospel so I do appreciate that lol. I also think you are a relaxed DM that does not always care too much about the experience of the player but instead caring more about what the player can bring to the game to make it more fun for you, themselves, and everyone else playing. I haven't really experienced an immature person here (besides myself :lol: ) yet so I don't know how you really deal with immaturity as a DM although I have seen you actually hesitate and feel for the player when they can no longer continue with a story of yours which I personally believe to be a really cool trait.

I'm starting to feel a little lame so I'll stop there and just finish half assedly with you as a player :oops:

Each time I see you as a player I feel like you really are able to get into your character, you create a story that formed your character and you go through it, it isn't just some writing on a piece of paper that you think sounds cool, its the basis of your character creation and how you evolve your character which I think is awesome. Not to mention you like to keep other players on their feet with some of your actions (I can't wait to see what Goosh did with the computer terminal, cuz I'm bailin if shit hits the fan lol)

All in all I think you are an awesome player and DM that ultimately likes to tell a story and have as much fun as you can with the rest of us.

So yeah.... That's my opinion.... I shall stop my ranting now *Drops the mic* I'm out bitches. :lol: :lol: 8-)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

Rukellian wrote:What is your honest opinion of Rukellian as a player and maybe as a DM? What makes him stand out from the rest of the players on this site?
I will say that, as your DM in the Foxmoor game, I really appreciated your uniqueness when it came to character creation: A mage, passing himself off as a chef, whose spells were written as recipes. Really?! Something I never, in a million years, would have thought of. You also played a first-level mage in tight quarters and frequent melee situations as your group was attempting to clear out a troglodyte lair. Obviously, not something I would have recommended, especially for an entry-level mage, but I feel like you made the best of it.

As a DM, I would absolutely endorse you as a player, and would definitely have you back as a player in a future game I run.

- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

Might take back that "no editing" thing... Not posting a book, man. ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ha no writing a book you seen some of Ruk's posts in his 4c game he could be writing a comic book lol
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tooleychris »

What can I say about Ruke that MonkeyWrench (obviously Rukes Alternate account name :lol: ) didn't say?
There's no doubt you bring a lot of flavor to the table. Your characters are very imaginative and entertaining.
You're a ROLEPLAYING DMs best friend.
On the DM side, I think you might have spread yourself a little thin across these boards.
With the severe LAG in player posts over the holidays, this was unfortunately easy to do.
Whether that, or your new workload, is the main factor, it seems your posts, at least in games I'm involved with, have dropped a bit.
Just don't burn yourself out. You would be missed. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah it is easy if you have a job where you cannot post on breaks. Or get called in on your days off. I think Ruk makes a huge attempt to post though when he is available to do so. He is a great player and so far I am only in one of his DM games but I think he is a great inspiration there as well.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:What can I say about Ruke that MonkeyWrench (obviously Rukes Alternate account name :lol: ) didn't say?
There's no doubt you bring a lot of flavor to the table. Your characters are very imaginative and entertaining.
You're a ROLEPLAYING DMs best friend.
On the DM side, I think you might have spread yourself a little thin across these boards.
With the severe LAG in player posts over the holidays, this was unfortunately easy to do.
Whether that, or your new workload, is the main factor, it seems your posts, at least in games I'm involved with, have dropped a bit.
Just don't burn yourself out. You would be missed. ;)
Ruke they caught me! I need evac from behind enemy lines! :lol:
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote: Ruke they caught me! I need evac from behind enemy lines! :lol:
Evac is not coming, I repeat, evac is not coming. Hold the lines soldier, and godspeed! :lol:

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tooleychris »

See, this is why MonkeyWrench wears a mask. So we won't know it's really:

:lol:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by MonkeyWrench »

:lol: :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

Going to use this topic as a quick announcement board when dealing with me.

A tree just fell on my house. I am providing updates via laptop. So to all my players and DMs, know that I am not off the boards but will have lapses in activity at times as I clean up the damage, or try to that is. I will try to maintain my post rates for as long as I can, while also balancing my work schedule.

There. My situation has been made clear. Thank you for your understanding and uh.... guess we will see what happens. ;) Will post when I can.

-Rukellian

P.S.
The chess game is still on. :)

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well :shock: hmm tree act of god is covered by insurance right? :? Well good luck and hopefully it can all be taken care of fast so you can get back to a normalish living.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Free firewood!!

Optimism at it's finest. :D ;)

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”