Hello, I will go by the name of Rukellian on this site.

Post here to introduce yourself.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hello, I will go by the name of Rukellian on this site.

#21 Post by Grognardsw »

Sorry to hear about the dead treant on your house. Glad you weren't hurt.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

who says the treant is dead? Maybe it is alive and thought his home was an orc stronghold.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Dizlexus »

Rukellian wrote:Going to use this topic as a quick announcement board when dealing with me.

A tree just fell on my house. I am providing updates via laptop. So to all my players and DMs, know that I am not off the boards but will have lapses in activity at times as I clean up the damage, or try to that is. I will try to maintain my post rates for as long as I can, while also balancing my work schedule.

There. My situation has been made clear. Thank you for your understanding and uh.... guess we will see what happens. ;) Will post when I can.

-Rukellian

P.S.
The chess game is still on. :)
If you lived in Colo I would show up with a truck and a chainsaw. Good luck with that. Wish I could help.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Same thing with Missouri! Except for the truck or chainsaw, I own neither....
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I could offer the same help but i also like MW have neither.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

Hehe, thanks for the thoughts guys. Some people did come over with trucks and chainsaws though, helped cut up most of the tree from the roof. I guess people are handy like that in pennsylvania. I was also fortunate enough to have a nosy neighbor who ended up calling those very same people in ;) Still have a lot of work today, reclaiming the room that was lost. This will take up large chunks of the next couple of days. Again, will try to keep up on my posts. Thank you for understanding.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Dizlexus »

Rukellian wrote:Hehe, thanks for the thoughts guys. Some people did come over with trucks and chainsaws though, helped cut up most of the tree from the roof. I guess people are handy like that in pennsylvania. I was also fortunate enough to have a nosy neighbor who ended up calling those very same people in ;) Still have a lot of work today, reclaiming the room that was lost. This will take up large chunks of the next couple of days. Again, will try to keep up on my posts. Thank you for understanding.
I assume the tree broke the house's frame at the roof line. I hope not.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

Dizlexus wrote:
Rukellian wrote:Hehe, thanks for the thoughts guys. Some people did come over with trucks and chainsaws though, helped cut up most of the tree from the roof. I guess people are handy like that in pennsylvania. I was also fortunate enough to have a nosy neighbor who ended up calling those very same people in ;) Still have a lot of work today, reclaiming the room that was lost. This will take up large chunks of the next couple of days. Again, will try to keep up on my posts. Thank you for understanding.
I assume the tree broke the house's frame at the roof line. I hope not.
The damage wasn't that critical, it just sort of caved in the roofing over one room in the house. We've finished with the clean up process and moved all of the stuff, out, now its just a matter of reconstructing the room. I managed to clean up the computer room so no issues on my end now ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

This message has been a bit overdue on my end, and for all those that were directly effected by the following, you have my apologies:

My work schedule has finally solidified, but my time off of work has not. The hours in between arriving home from work and leaving for it has been chaotic and disorganized. This in turn lead to a steady decrease in my posting rate, limiting my actions to 1 or two posts a day. Many of you have probably noticed this, the players in my two campaigns more specifically. It is only until recently that I think I have fixed my scheduling problems off of work.

What does this mean to everyone else who was curious enough to read this? It means that I have figured out when I will most likely be posting during the day, still at a small timeframe at that. Here is my current off of work schedule, the only times that I have access to a computer realistically speaking.

Tues-Fri: In the mornings (Us East Coast) I will be able to get on the computer for about an hour to an hour and a half, two if I'm lucky. This is 6:30-8:30 AM. In the afternoons, I will have access on the computer for a longer duration (hopefully), ranging anywhere from 3-5 hours, maybe more if I'm lucky.

Saturday morning all the way through Monday morning is when I will be most active (basically the weekend and Mon morning). Monday afternoons fall into a similar pattern as above.

I am stretched thin and I have a lot of others things I'm juggling, besides work and the forums here. So understand that any frequent post rates that were set up beforehand, I might have a hard time meeting. Expect a response from me at least every 2-3 days. I will strive to post daily though if I can help it. Thank you everyone for your understanding, and future patience!

-Rukellian

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

psh we know you still love us Ruk and will get to us eventually ;)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by rredmond »

Be well Ruk! I've taken a couple kicks in the head from Real Life's hobnails recently. Glad things are straightening out for you. And really glad you can still play!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by dmw71 »

Rukellian wrote:This in turn lead to a steady decrease in my posting rate, limiting my actions to 1 or two posts a day.
Ruk, I think we've all been there. I definitely have. Take some time to figure out what you're realistically capable of and set new expectations. Maybe, since you're running two games, you can throttle down the post rate in each (e.g. post every other day) and stagger their schedules? Whatever you decide, good luck, man!

- Dave
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Argennian »

Pretty much an exact +1 to Dave's comment, Ruk.

Big props for being upfront and sticking with it, brother! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rukellian »

I'm going to be up front with you guys again, this time on a different front.

For the past few weeks, I have just not been in the evil character kind of mood. Its becoming harder and harder to maintain my chaotic and evil characters when it comes to personality and actions. It's not a matter of time, but a matter of interest. The problem applies to my good and lawful characters as well. They are just as demanding. This problem may have stemmed from my having branched out too much with my character creation in multiple campaigns. Having to divert my focus between so many campaigns, I can't help but feel that I'm not giving it my all when I post on a character just to keep the action moving and not have others wait on me. In fact, that's what I've been doing for the longest time, that IS the problem. I'm also running two campaigns of my own, and that requires even MORE attention than my characters. As much as I may hate to say it, I think I'm starting to feel the effects of getting burnt out.

I do not want to give up this community and just drop out all of a sudden, not like so many before me. No. I will stay here and finish what I started. But with everything said and done, I think it will be best for me to focus on only my campaigns as a DM once my characters finish their stories in other people's campaigns, perhaps finding a good stopping point in each one for said character. Once I've consolidated my time and energies towards only my campaigns, hopefully my post rates and quality in posts will improve. In fact, with my work schedule the way it is, this is probably for the best. Again, I will not drop out of any current games. I will try to see them through to the end, or a certain end for that matter if it is ongoing. But afterwards, I think it is going to be straight up DMing for a while.

-Rukellian

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by Alethan »

Nothing wrong with choosing quality over quantity, Ruk.

I'd just make sure and get a note directly to any of the DMs in the games you'd be bowing out of, just in case they don't see your note here.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rukellian »

Alethan wrote:Nothing wrong with choosing quality over quantity, Ruk.

I'd just make sure and get a note directly to any of the DMs in the games you'd be bowing out of, just in case they don't see your note here.
When and if the times comes, I will be sure to do so.

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:I'm going to be up front with you guys again, this time on a different front.

For the past few weeks, I have just not been in the evil character kind of mood. Its becoming harder and harder to maintain my chaotic and evil characters when it comes to personality and actions. It's not a matter of time, but a matter of interest. The problem applies to my good and lawful characters as well. They are just as demanding. This problem may have stemmed from my having branched out too much with my character creation in multiple campaigns. Having to divert my focus between so many campaigns, I can't help but feel that I'm not giving it my all when I post on a character just to keep the action moving and not have others wait on me. In fact, that's what I've been doing for the longest time, that IS the problem. I'm also running two campaigns of my own, and that requires even MORE attention than my characters. As much as I may hate to say it, I think I'm starting to feel the effects of getting burnt out.

I do not want to give up this community and just drop out all of a sudden, not like so many before me. No. I will stay here and finish what I started. But with everything said and done, I think it will be best for me to focus on only my campaigns as a DM once my characters finish their stories in other people's campaigns, perhaps finding a good stopping point in each one for said character. Once I've consolidated my time and energies towards only my campaigns, hopefully my post rates and quality in posts will improve. In fact, with my work schedule the way it is, this is probably for the best. Again, I will not drop out of any current games. I will try to see them through to the end, or a certain end for that matter if it is ongoing. But afterwards, I think it is going to be straight up DMing for a while.

-Rukellian
You want to see taking on too much lol I'm DMing 2 games, and playing in far too many roughly 13-14 games not counting my 2 DMing games. I can see how you can get burnt out luckily for me some of the games I play in are very slowish paced. I've slowed down my games as well since not all my players are able to post daily. long story short I get it Ruk. I had to drop a few games that I was just not feeling it anymore.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by MonkeyWrench »

No one can judge you for not wanting to do more and get burnt out on it man, you're an awesome person to play PbP with and I for one would be sad to see you bail.

I also want to thank you for taking the time to let everyone know, in some form or fashion, of what you plan to do instead of just bailing without a word, shows your good character and does not develop grudges between your players or GM's. I am stretched between quite a few games myself so I get what your feeling. Between playing all of the games on here, playing the campaign every friday on the table-top as well as running my own game table-top at least twice a week it can indeed get pretty overwhelming.

To anyone reading this, if my posts ever become sloppy or just not what they used to be let me know.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rukellian »

For whom this may concern,

My hours on the computer have changed. I will have time for the forums mainly in the mornings 6 AM to 12 EST. Everything else is up in the air, especially for the weekends. Sometimes I will have lots of free time on my Saturdays and Sundays, and sometimes I won't.

If I don't post within 5 or so days, I'm probably too tired and in the process of catching up on sleep, a common occurence for me considering my third shift work schedule.

Thank you everyone for your understanding!

-Rukellian

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by tooleychris »

As always real life (especially SLEEP) come first.

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”