Please introduce yourself here

Post here to introduce yourself.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please introduce yourself here

#1 Post by ToniXX »

Welcome to the Unseen Servant forums. Please use this forum to introduce yourself to the community. Because of increased spam accounts being created, I'm going to strongly suggest that your first post be made here so that the moderators can determine that you're not a spammer and approve your post quickly so that you can get on to the business at hand: playing in a PbP game!

So, talk about how you got into role playing games, and be specific if you don't mind: tell us the first edition that you played, your favorite thing about RPGs, etc.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

waysoftheearth
Squire
Squire

Re: Please introduce yourself here

#2 Post by waysoftheearth »

Hi All,

I started with Mentzer's Basic D&D set and progressed from there. I've played many D&Ds over the decades, and lots of other RPGs too. I enjoyed AD&D throughout my high school and university years, and then briefly played 2E and 3.5E after. I was dismayed with 4E and turned to the OSR. From there I found Original D&D and have never looked back -- the freedom and flexibility of the original is simply the ultimate for me.

I'm the custodian of the Delving Deeper Reference Rules, and I frequent the odd74 discussion forum. I've run a number of PBP games over there including one which is going on for three years old now. I'm curios to see how other folks run their PBP games, and what else is "going on" out there in PBP-land...

See you about :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Welcome to my other neck of the woods, WOTE! Glad to have you perusing the board!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Argennian »

Hail and well met, waysoftheearth!

Any friend and acquaintance of our most prolific Ranger Knight is most welcome! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”