(007) Regina Sunrise!

Eris
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (007) Regina Sunrise!

#21 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo takes the walk like a stroll in the park, not even acknowledging the 'honor guard' Once they arrive in their 'waiting room' he gets a glass of water and sits in the recliner.

"Typical tactics, divide, question and compare. Then clarify. Good thing this was all above board. If is wasn't for the ship, we'd be home by now."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Keven »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo takes the walk like a stroll in the park, not even acknowledging the 'honor guard' Once they arrive in their 'waiting room' he gets a glass of water and sits in the recliner.

"Typical tactics, divide, question and compare. Then clarify. Good thing this was all above board. If is wasn't for the ship, we'd be home by now."
"We're a LONG way from 'home', Eduardo."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Deadpan Sigrun replies “You know you can’t peddle your "so called medicine" to us frontier savages - we only believe in the power of runes and shamans”. She nods at Carlos “And also it upsets the Scout Service”. She mock whines "Carlos, Zaki is trying to trade me sedatives for mineral rights - again!"

She moves over towards an armchair and snags up a magazine. Then, pointing it at Zaki with a mischievous glint in her eye she declares “Your “science” has no power over us” a smile comes unbidden and she adds “Just like your ale which can not make us drunk”. She flops into the chair and scanning the cover of her magazine, sighs and discards it unread “I am saving myself the trauma of discovering that the promised collectable part work has been stolen by Naval Intelligence”.
Zaki hides her mouth behind an upraised hand as she laughs at Sigrun's antics. "Oh, how did I ever get through my boring life without someone like you around, Sigrun?" She playfully tugs at Carlos' arm. "Present company excepted, of course."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Deadpan Sigrun replies “You know you can’t peddle your "so called medicine" to us frontier savages - we only believe in the power of runes and shamans”. She nods at Carlos “And also it upsets the Scout Service”. She mock whines "Carlos, Zaki is trying to trade me sedatives for mineral rights - again!"

She moves over towards an armchair and snags up a magazine. Then, pointing it at Zaki with a mischievous glint in her eye she declares “Your “science” has no power over us” a smile comes unbidden and she adds “Just like your ale which can not make us drunk”. She flops into the chair and scanning the cover of her magazine, sighs and discards it unread “I am saving myself the trauma of discovering that the promised collectable part work has been stolen by Naval Intelligence”.
Zaki hides her mouth behind an upraised hand as she laughs at Sigrun's antics. "Oh, how did I ever get through my boring life without someone like you around, Sigrun?" She playfully tugs at Carlos' arm. "Present company excepted, of course."
Carlos chuckles. "Yes, dear. Just make sure you don't spend too much on the mineral rights." He looks around. "You know, now might not be a bad time to talk about what comes next. We might end up getting this boat. But it's gonna need a ton of work. So, I'm thinking, assuming the squirrels don't gulag us, or ship us back to Ruie for prosecution, we might want to send Eduardo on a trading mission for a few weeks while the rest of us get the boat ready to go. Say, with Sigrun and John Lee as bodyguards as he scams up the nut to cover. What do you guys think?"
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "Yes, dear. Just make sure you don't spend too much on the mineral rights." He looks around. "You know, now might not be a bad time to talk about what comes next. We might end up getting this boat. But it's gonna need a ton of work. So, I'm thinking, assuming the squirrels don't gulag us, or ship us back to Ruie for prosecution, we might want to send Eduardo on a trading mission for a few weeks while the rest of us get the boat ready to go. Say, with Sigrun and John Lee as bodyguards as he scams up the nut to cover. What do you guys think?"
Zaki smiles. "I'll take that under advisement. It doesn't matter to me where we go, Carlos, as long as I can go with you. It would be nice if we were able to keep this ship. It would be nicer still if we had enough credits to make some repairs."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "Yes, dear. Just make sure you don't spend too much on the mineral rights." He looks around. "You know, now might not be a bad time to talk about what comes next. We might end up getting this boat. But it's gonna need a ton of work. So, I'm thinking, assuming the squirrels don't gulag us, or ship us back to Ruie for prosecution, we might want to send Eduardo on a trading mission for a few weeks while the rest of us get the boat ready to go. Say, with Sigrun and John Lee as bodyguards as he scams up the nut to cover. What do you guys think?"
Zaki smiles. "I'll take that under advisement. It doesn't matter to me where we go, Carlos, as long as I can go with you. It would be nice if we were able to keep this ship. It would be nicer still if we had enough credits to make some repairs."
Carlos nods. "That was the point, Zaki. We send our 'cash machine' out to separate the locals from their bank accounts. In the meantime, the rest of us work on getting the boat in Warinir shape and all polished up, deal with the suits, pay the bribes. That'd be a crew job, us Scout types and the swabs. If we work on it, we'll know we can trust it."
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Tiglath »

Clearly keen to talk about any diverting topic Sigrun responds “Perhaps Jarl Eduardo may not need to travel if he is based here long enough to collect his profits from the return leg of a merchantman's route? Regina is a trade hub so he could broker cargoes to speculate on multiple routes at the same time. Whichever way is best Mr. Petamore and I can cover his transport and security either on planet or on a trade run”.

She continues with another train of thought “The trader’s security is an issue. It is designed for ease of cargo handling and not at all for defence. We have demonstrated just how vulnerable this type is to being stormed whilst on the ground. Better security protocols would help but arming the crew is the only real option. I think snub pistols with “security” loads* are the way to go with longarms for those that can use them. Maybe some straight military gear for close in defence of the ship. Even if we're not going to warzones it is better to have the option. The cost is minimal when compared to that of ship maintenance!”

“If we want to defend ourselves in space then the ship weapons need upgrading too. A triple beam laser turret and buying battery rounds for twin missile launchers and sand in the other turret is optimal but will cost money”.

(OOC: *To save anyone having to look these up they are "shipboard security" revolvers with (vaccum capable) mixed loads of individual HE, Gas and Tranq rounds. Being revolvers the user can select which round is under the hammer making them tactically very flexible and giving a non lethal alternative to Sigrun turning folk into Swiss cheese. Add speed loaders (or HEAP ammo!) to up the ante / individual taste).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "That was the point, Zaki. We send our 'cash machine' out to separate the locals from their bank accounts. In the meantime, the rest of us work on getting the boat in Warinir shape and all polished up, deal with the suits, pay the bribes. That'd be a crew job, us Scout types and the swabs. If we work on it, we'll know we can trust it."
"You're so sweet," Zaki giggles, leaning her cheek against his arm for a moment. "I agree with you, though."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:“If we want to defend ourselves in space then the ship weapons need upgrading too. A triple beam laser turret and buying battery rounds for twin missile launchers and sand in the other turret is optimal but will cost money”.
Zaki listens as Sigrun speaks. "I don't know anything about starships, but this one is very small compared to the ships I've been on before. Are we really wanting to go into combat in something like this?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Zaki listens as Sigrun speaks. "I don't know anything about starships, but this one is very small compared to the ships I've been on before. Are we really wanting to go into combat in something like this?"
Sigrun laughs amiably and replies “On the Frontier, especially off the trade routes, a four hundred ton hull is relatively large - certainly for an independent trader. Around here this ship looks very much like what it is – a fat merchant on the wrong side of town. As for combat … " She gives her wolfish grin and concludes "Well, we can’t run and we can’t hide - so we’d better be able to fight!”

“I don’t know how far Jarl Edwardo’s money making skills and our local favours will go but if we install the two extra turrets that this hull can take then our fat merchant becomes a grizzled old veteran with a big pistol that thugs cross the street to avoid!”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:“I don’t know how far Jarl Edwardo’s money making skills and our local favours will go but if we install the two extra turrets that this hull can take then our fat merchant becomes a grizzled old veteran with a big pistol that thugs cross the street to avoid!”
Zaki smiles grimly. "I've seen holovids of damaged ships with holes two meters in diameter from laser fire. And these were ships with armor." She shudders. "Anyone close to the area was killed either by the blast, by shrapnel, or by being pulled out through the hole. I take your point, but like the old veteran against thugs, he will probably need medical attention, too." She lifted her hand. "All I'm saying is, we need to make sure that combat is a last resort, either personal or with the ship. In this case, we had to fight, and we were successful due in no small part to your own efforts."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo finally chimes in. "I am perfectly willing to work some deals, I do not know enough of our current accounting nor proposed expenses until this current situation is resolved. But I do agree in principle."

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Tiglath »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo finally chimes in. "I am perfectly willing to work some deals, I do not know enough of our current accounting nor proposed expenses until this current situation is resolved. But I do agree in principle."
Sigrun turns to Edwardo “Well Jarl Edwardo I hear you are a skilled investor but I know you need money to make money. If you need investment I have 25K due from Lady Jane - wherever you put your money I'll stake mine”.
joertexas wrote:Zaki smiles grimly. "I've seen holovids of damaged ships with holes two meters in diameter from laser fire. And these were ships with armor." She shudders. "Anyone close to the area was killed either by the blast, by shrapnel, or by being pulled out through the hole. I take your point, but like the old veteran against thugs, he will probably need medical attention, too." She lifted her hand. "All I'm saying is, we need to make sure that combat is a last resort, either personal or with the ship. In this case, we had to fight, and we were successful due in no small part to your own efforts."
Sigrun shifts uncomfortably and softly replies “I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe … attacked ships on fire … and yet I’m still here“. She meets Zaki’s gaze, smiles and gently continues “This old veteran of a ship can take a punch or two. A good ship to get shot at in – most of it is cargo space. If we up gun then this ship would near enough have the spec of a Q Ship – a pirate hunter. If we do have to fight, and I have a feeling that's what we may be asked to do, then we will have an edge - not because of me but because you will keep us careful”.

(OOC: Zaki's reply lead me straight to Rutger Hauer's "Tears in the Rain" speech from Blade Runner which I shamelessly stole included by way of homage ;) ).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun shifts uncomfortably and softly replies “I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe … attacked ships on fire … and yet I’m still here“. She meets Zaki’s gaze, smiles and gently continues “This old veteran of a ship can take a punch or two. A good ship to get shot at in – most of it is cargo space. If we up gun then this ship would near enough have the spec of a Q Ship – a pirate hunter. If we do have to fight, and I have a feeling that's what we may be asked to do, then we will have an edge - not because of me but because you will keep us careful”.
Zaki glances at Carlos to see her lover's reaction.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun shifts uncomfortably and softly replies “I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe … attacked ships on fire … and yet I’m still here“. She meets Zaki’s gaze, smiles and gently continues “This old veteran of a ship can take a punch or two. A good ship to get shot at in – most of it is cargo space. If we up gun then this ship would near enough have the spec of a Q Ship – a pirate hunter. If we do have to fight, and I have a feeling that's what we may be asked to do, then we will have an edge - not because of me but because you will keep us careful”.
Zaki glances at Carlos to see her lover's reaction.
Carlos rubs his ass thoughtfully where the bruise had finally faded away just after the jump back to Regina started. "I'd rather not be there when the bullets come in. Old Terran proverb, 'friendly fire isn't, incoming fire has the right of way'. But it's an imperfect universe, so we gotta deal with what we gotta deal with." He sips his kaff, makes a face. "They boiled this too long, you can scoop it out and throw it like a rock. But at least it can defend itself..."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos rubs his ass thoughtfully where the bruise had finally faded away just after the jump back to Regina started. "I'd rather not be there when the bullets come in. Old Terran proverb, 'friendly fire isn't, incoming fire has the right of way'. But it's an imperfect universe, so we gotta deal with what we gotta deal with." He sips his kaff, makes a face. "They boiled this too long, you can scoop it out and throw it like a rock. But at least it can defend itself..."
"We can find some zapana, or better kaff, and make our fortune selling it at every starport from here to Daibei," Zaki says with a smile."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun shrugs and replies softly “Conflict is where the money is. Jarl Edwardo can no doubt keep us comfortable but we will need millions of Imperial credits to repair and upgrade the prize vessel - even if we get it. That that kind of money’s not easy to come by”. Then she smiles “The biggest treasure for the taking I’ve seen in a while were those two contacts vectoring after us on Ruie. No one minds at all if you steal from pirates!”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun shrugs and replies softly “Conflict is where the money is. Jarl Edwardo can no doubt keep us comfortable but we will need millions of Imperial credits to repair and upgrade the prize vessel - even if we get it. That that kind of money’s not easy to come by”. Then she smiles “The biggest treasure for the taking I’ve seen in a while were those two contacts vectoring after us on Ruie. No one minds at all if you steal from pirates!”
"The pirates might," Zaki says with an impudent grin. "You are right, though. Something like that will probably be our lot for a while."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun shrugs and replies softly “Conflict is where the money is. Jarl Edwardo can no doubt keep us comfortable but we will need millions of Imperial credits to repair and upgrade the prize vessel - even if we get it. That that kind of money’s not easy to come by”. Then she smiles “The biggest treasure for the taking I’ve seen in a while were those two contacts vectoring after us on Ruie. No one minds at all if you steal from pirates!”
Pedro covers his eyes and groans something about'frying pans' and 'fire'...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun whoops “Ha! The Kapiten approves!”

She cups her hands to her mouth and roars “Hurry up, snakes! Either shoot us or bring us ale! We are dangerous people – we will dog ear every periodical in this room unless you agree to our demands!”

She puts her hands behind her head, leans back and puts her feet up on the coffee table deliberately kicking a few magazines onto the floor in the process.

She idly muses “I may have misunderstood. Is this actually an Imperial victory celebration? You are allowed use of this room? It is very similar in the Sword Worlds” she shows her teeth as she grins “but there is more ale … and breakages … and acts of glorious stupidity … but mostly more ale!”

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”