(007) Regina Sunrise!

Eris
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (007) Regina Sunrise!

#61 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote:
Keven wrote: Carlos says, "And if the Navy has its head on, they'll check out those gas giant moons and stomp those Luzons still left. Even better if they call in the Joe-dannies to help them out."
Sigrun looks slightly pained "Well, if they do they should at least give us a finder's fee on those hulls. After all - we saw them first!"

She then muses "Although I believe a Fleet action solely by the Imperial Navy is going to be a propaganda win for the Luzon and their Ine Givar backers".
"Which is why they probably ought to invite the Joe-dannies to the party." Carlos scratches his nose. "By the way, who the zark are the Ayne Guyvar anyways?"
Last edited by Keven on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies “Put simply they are an utterly ruthless terrorist organisation that also offers training, support and guidance for those who oppose the Imperium – with a hidden cost. Their goals allegedly coincide with those of the entire Out World Coalition but in reality seem only ever to match those of the Zhodani Consulate”.

She then distractedly rakes a hand back through her hair and seems momentarily to have to take a second to focus her thoughts “They are masterful puppeteers – I believe I was used by them in the last war. Those Luzon that we fought would believe they are fighting for Ruian issues but in reality they are likely being manipulated by their “advisors” who have an entirely different agenda”.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun replies “Put simply they are an utterly ruthless terrorist organisation that also offers training, support and guidance for those who oppose the Imperium – with a hidden cost. Their goals allegedly coincide with those of the entire Out World Coalition but in reality seem only ever to match those of the Zhodani Consulate”.

She then distractedly rakes a hand back through her hair and seems momentarily to have to take a second to focus her thoughts “They are masterful puppeteers – I believe I was used by them in the last war. Those Luzon that we fought would believe they are fighting for Ruian issues but in reality they are likely being manipulated by their “advisors” who have an entirely different agenda”.
"So much for the Guyvar then. What about those Joe-Dannies? Who are they, and why are we supposed to hate them?" Carlos lays on his Daibei accent a bit thicker. "Some of us haint from roundhere, we never got the cardscore issued to us."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun laughs incredulously “You really don’t know anything of the three cultures you were brought here to fight?”

She looks at Carlos with a suspicious wry smile “Is this Imperial humour?” She nevertheless carries on “The Zhodani are universally more honest, democratic and also slightly taller than Imperial folk. Their controlling nobility also practice psionics which has been declared illegal by the Imperial nobility. You mostly officially hate them for that. The Vargr are walking talking dogs so they are easy to dislike – especially if they sold you bad pharmaceuticals! Oh, and the Sword Worlders are jumped up pirate barbarians who also encourage psionics - so two reasons there!”

She continues attempting cool diplomacy whilst edging into political areas in which she clearly holds deeply passionate beliefs “Apparantly your "official" hatred is validated and shown as manifest truth because your weapons science is just far enough ahead to prove the point”.

She quickly smiles an apology at her comrade and adds “Sorry, I’m invested in it all - part of the problem. That’s why we have Frontier Wars”.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun laughs incredulously “You really don’t know anything of the three cultures you were brought here to fight?”

She looks at Carlos with a suspicious wry smile “Is this Imperial humour?” She nevertheless carries on “The Zhodani are universally more honest, democratic and also slightly taller than Imperial folk. Their controlling nobility also practice psionics which has been declared illegal by the Imperial nobility. You mostly officially hate them for that. The Vargr are walking talking dogs so they are easy to dislike – especially if they sold you bad pharmaceuticals! Oh, and the Sword Worlders are jumped up pirate barbarians who also encourage psionics - so two reasons there!”

She continues attempting cool diplomacy whilst edging into political areas in which she clearly holds deeply passionate beliefs “Apparantly your "official" hatred is validated and shown as manifest truth because your weapons science is just far enough ahead to prove the point”.

She quickly smiles an apology at her comrade and adds “Sorry, I’m invested in it all - part of the problem. That’s why we have Frontier Wars”.
"Vargr I've met a couple. Mostly, I've dealt with Aslan and K'kree and a bunch of local minor race types in Daibei and Reavers Deep. I'd just gotten back to our base on Luna (Daibei 0123) from a tech survey run into Reavers Deep to check on a couple systems when I got snapped up for this hairbrained idea. Zark, I haddn't even finished my first beer at the Crashdown when I got called into the Master Chief's office and got my orders to Depot (Daibei 0326). I got there, they had me cool heels for a couple days, then trot my yarbles over to the Flight Surgeon for a quick physical, then straight to the freezer. Next thing I knew, it was a year and a half later at the orbital base here, where Navy handed me a grey overall and told me I was out and don't let the lock close on my ass on the way." He sips his drink a bit. "So, yeah, we were a bit light in the briefing before they tossed me. Bout the only good thing that's happened is, I met Zaki." He gives her a wink.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies “Ja, I’ve dealt with Vargr - I quite like them. I can’t speak proper Gvegh but I can get by in trade language. There’s plenty of Aslan in the Trojan Reach and from what I hear they’re slowly but surely coming this way! I haven’t met any of them but apparently they’re just about as touchy as Sword Worlders” she smiles her apology again and then adds “and almost as good at fighting!”

When Carlos mentions Zaki Sigrun instinctively replies “Look after her”.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun laughs incredulously “You really don’t know anything of the three cultures you were brought here to fight?”

"Vargr I've met a couple. Mostly, I've dealt with Aslan and K'kree and a bunch of local minor race types in Daibei and Reavers Deep. I'd just gotten back to our base on Luna (Daibei 0123) from a tech survey run into Reavers Deep to check on a couple systems when I got snapped up for this hairbrained idea. Zark, I haddn't even finished my first beer at the Crashdown when I got called into the Master Chief's office and got my orders to Depot (Daibei 0326). I got there, they had me cool heels for a couple days, then trot my yarbles over to the Flight Surgeon for a quick physical, then straight to the freezer. Next thing I knew, it was a year and a half later at the orbital base here, where Navy handed me a grey overall and told me I was out and don't let the lock close on my ass on the way." He sips his drink a bit. "So, yeah, we were a bit light in the briefing before they tossed me. Bout the only good thing that's happened is, I met Zaki." He gives her a wink.
Zaki smiles in return. "Thank you. "
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:"Vargr I've met a couple. Mostly, I've dealt with Aslan and K'kree and a bunch of local minor race types in Daibei and Reavers Deep. I'd just gotten back to our base on Luna (Daibei 0123) from a tech survey run into Reavers Deep to check on a couple systems when I got snapped up for this hairbrained idea. Zark, I haddn't even finished my first beer at the Crashdown when I got called into the Master Chief's office and got my orders to Depot (Daibei 0326). I got there, they had me cool heels for a couple days, then trot my yarbles over to the Flight Surgeon for a quick physical, then straight to the freezer. Next thing I knew, it was a year and a half later at the orbital base here, where Navy handed me a grey overall and told me I was out and don't let the lock close on my ass on the way." He sips his drink a bit. "So, yeah, we were a bit light in the briefing before they tossed me. Bout the only good thing that's happened is, I met Zaki." He gives her a wink.
Zaki smiles in return. "Thank you. "
Carlos smiles back at her. "I love those dimples. Da always told me, 'Son, if you're gonna fall in love, make sure it's with a girl with dimples. You'll thank yourself later'. Da never steered me wrong."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles back at her. "I love those dimples. Da always told me, 'Son, if you're gonna fall in love, make sure it's with a girl with dimples. You'll thank yourself later'. Da never steered me wrong."
Zaki's eyes shine with unshed tears. "I wish I could introduce you to my dad. He would have liked you."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles back at her. "I love those dimples. Da always told me, 'Son, if you're gonna fall in love, make sure it's with a girl with dimples. You'll thank yourself later'. Da never steered me wrong."
Zaki's eyes shine with unshed tears. "I wish I could introduce you to my dad. He would have liked you."
Carlos pats her hand gently. "I know, dear. But with luck, I'll be introducing to you Mam and Da in a few years."

OOC We getting an offer yet????
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos pats her hand gently. "I know, dear. But with luck, I'll be introducing to you Mam and Da in a few years."
Zaki looks closely at him. "You'd really do that?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos pats her hand gently. "I know, dear. But with luck, I'll be introducing to you Mam and Da in a few years."
Zaki looks closely at him. "You'd really do that?"
Carlos smiles gently. "That's the plan, dear."
In The Marches:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Eris »

It was 100,000 cr + 200,000 cr more if you proved Lord William dead or brought him back alive. BTW, it appears I've gone through 3 names for the estate: Seabreeze, Seaview and Billinsingham and 2 ranks for His Grace...Earl and Duke. The estate thing can be explained by saying they have more than one and the rank thing can be dealt with by saying Feathershuff is an Imperial Earl and a Regina Duke. There all fixed up! :)

The date of the meeting with Keen Haber and the Earl is 185/1085!

The rest of the meeting goes smoothly. Lady Jane has purchased your cargo transported from Ruie for 100,000 credits and adds that to the 300,000 cr for the mission for Edwardo, Pedro, Carlos and Zaki handing each a check for 100,000 cr. She hands Sigrun, Chandra and John Lee each a check for 50,000 cr, including a bonus for getting Lord William home safely. Everyone's Character Sheet is updated with this infusion of cash.

Sir Haber offers to make the floor at the hotel where some of you stayed previously available to you again while you "Get your feet under you." I assume you accept Haber's offer.

While all this is going on another person joins the group, Admiral Jorgenson. Jorgenson tells you that the Navy can't just let you run around with the knowledge you have about the situation on Ruie. He gives you a choice of signing a Nondisclosure Agreement or being "guests of the Imperium for the forseeable future." I assume everyone signs.

Haber tells you that General Products has finally connected you to your visit to their ship boneyard and he has been told by LSP security that you might be in danger from them. I suggests you might want to stay under cover for now and get off Regina as soon as you can. The Deal is then proposed and please continue in (008) Meet Connie Malone
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#74 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Two men are in the room as you enter. An old man rises from a chair as you enter. Some of you recognize him as the Duke of Feathershuff (pronounced Fenshaw). The other man some of you recognize as the SubSector Head of the LSP Megacorp.

"Well, you pulled it off!" the LSP Head says with a grin, "I didn't think you'd find Lord William, much less get him out."

"I'm Keen Haber, by the way." he says to Sigrun and John Lee, "A friend of the family."

"Thank you all for bringing my son home." says the older man.
Pedro grins "Glad to help, sir, and glad we were there in the market that day you got the locket!"
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”