[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#241 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos locks down the nav board and heads for the crew lounge. He looks over the dinner choices interestedly, pats Zaki gently on the shoulder and smiles at her.
Zaki leans over and kisses Carlos on the cheek. "Sit down, and I'll serve your meal," she says with a smile. She turns to the counter, and soon turns back with a plate and a canned drink. "We have fruit punch and that horrid caramel colored stuff." She fixes up her own plate, and sits down next to Carlos. "Since I cleaned all the quarters, I decided we get the first cabin on the right." (#19 on the deck plan) She points to the passenger corridor hatch.

I've lost track of how many people are aboard...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#242 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos locks down the nav board and heads for the crew lounge. He looks over the dinner choices interestedly, pats Zaki gently on the shoulder and smiles at her.
Zaki leans over and kisses Carlos on the cheek. "Sit down, and I'll serve your meal," she says with a smile. She turns to the counter, and soon turns back with a plate and a canned drink. "We have fruit punch and that horrid caramel colored stuff." She fixes up her own plate, and sits down next to Carlos. "Since I cleaned all the quarters, I decided we get the first cabin on the right." (#19 on the deck plan) She points to the passenger corridor hatch.

I've lost track of how many people are aboard...
Carlos smiles, blushing slightly under his tan. "Thank you. I hope you picked us a cabin with enough room to do your therapy."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles, blushing slightly under his tan. "Thank you. I hope you picked us a cabin with enough room to do your therapy."
"It's not as large as the ones on the yacht, but it will do." She leans over and places her lips close to his ear. "The bunk makes into a double bed, too." She pulls back and smiles at him with a gleam in her eye.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#244 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles, blushing slightly under his tan. "Thank you. I hope you picked us a cabin with enough room to do your therapy."
"It's not as large as the ones on the yacht, but it will do." She leans over and places her lips close to his ear. "The bunk makes into a double bed, too." She pulls back and smiles at him with a gleam in her eye.
Carlos blushes even more, then leans over and whispers into her ear. "But will you still respect me in the morning?"
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos blushes even more, then leans over and whispers into her ear. "But will you still respect me in the morning?"
She looks at him with a smile. "Oh, yes. Most definitely."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#246 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos blushes even more, then leans over and whispers into her ear. "But will you still respect me in the morning?"
She looks at him with a smile. "Oh, yes. Most definitely."
Carlos smiles back. "I'm going to hold you to that..."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles back. "I'm going to hold you to that..."
Zaki's cheeks flush; she glances around at the other diners, and then focuses on Carlos. "We will finish this conversation later," she says with a wink.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#248 Post by Eris »

The ship transistions to Jump Space with a gut wrenching twist, but it's not as bad as most of you have felt before, so it doesn't bode ill. The controls all look nominal and the Bridge Chronometer has started ticking down the minutes already.

Everyone makes their way to the forward lounge where Zaki has laid out food and drink around a large table composed of smaller ones shoved together. There is, still wet, spot on the other side of the lounge where you've cleaned up the blood from of the dead Luzon guards...he's been stuck in a low berth, by the way.

It occurs to Edwardo that no one has checked to see if this ship has a transponder installed. That would give it's name, owner, basic information, and a history of jumps. It's also going to be important to turn it on when you reach Regina otherwise Regina System Defenses are going to tag you as a pirate, at best, and an enemy warship at worse.

Haley asks, "So, have we got cabins for each of us or are we going to have to share. And I'm NOT going to go back into one of those damn cells, I'll sleep on the deck before I do that!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#249 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Haley asks, "So, have we got cabins for each of us or are we going to have to share. And I'm NOT going to go back into one of those damn cells, I'll sleep on the deck before I do that!
Pedro says "Hell, I'll sleep on the floor before I make you do that! But I think we've got enough space for everyone"

Me, Zaki, Carlos, John, Sigrun, Haley, Chandra, Edwardo...am I missing anyone? If not, that's seven cabins occupied, and it looks like there are 8 pax ones. ISTR Eris said they were all clear, only the crew cabins were set up as cells?
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#250 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote: Haley asks, "So, have we got cabins for each of us or are we going to have to share. And I'm NOT going to go back into one of those damn cells, I'll sleep on the deck before I do that!
Pedro says "Hell, I'll sleep on the floor before I make you do that! But I think we've got enough space for everyone"

Me, Zaki, Carlos, John, Sigrun, Haley, Chandra, Edwardo...am I missing anyone? If not, that's seven cabins occupied, and it looks like there are 8 pax ones. ISTR Eris said they were all clear, only the crew cabins were set up as cells?
6, maybe. Zaki already announced her intentions on doubling up with Carlos again :D
In The Marches:

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#251 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Already considered in my calculations :D there are eight names there
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:6, maybe. Zaki already announced her intentions on doubling up with Carlos again :D
Zaki is just being a good team player by sharing her cabin... ;) Also, she started cleaning the crew quarters, but I don't know how much progress she made.
There were only three prisoners aboard (His Nibs, Haley, and the guy in the low berth)?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun, who wears her form fitting vac suit and insignia free (Sword Words) naval crew jacket to the meal, bluntly and candidly interjects “I don’t mind sharing with Mr. Petamore again”. She looks at John Lee over the top of her glass with an enigmatic smile “He’s … comfortable”.

She wears her long blond hair loose and, declaring that she has successfully concluded her mission, now seems, perhaps surprisingly, quite mellow. It seems "dressing for dinner" even extends to leaving off her bulky autosnub. However, it is quite clear she’s wearing a shoulder rig under her jacket.

She immediately cuts straight to business as Edwardo mentions the transponder issue. Apparently quoting from memory she states “Regina has ten system defence boats and fifteen hundred garrison troops. Each of the SDBs could easily deal with this trader. However, they are not the issue as there may well be Imperial Naval Fleet elements present in system. I would suggest, given our successful mission and the objectives we have achieved, that we want to be dealt with by local forces rather than the Imperial Navy. It really doesn’t matter what transponder codes we are running out of jump – if any. If we are being up front about our mission about the only “Flag” we shouldn’t be transmitting to declare our hazard status as we approach orbit is “Plague on board!”

She continues "I can speak to Regina Orbital on approach. I suggest we ask for tight beam comms and then demand to be boarded by Ducal Huscarls due to possession of prohibited war materiel. There is a military form to this and they will have a fit - but it might buy enough time for the Old Dream to fall out of jump and stop us being vaporised”.

(OOC: Sigrun’s maths may be a little off … ;) However, Whistler is also travelling “warm” and will require a cabin.

The extra prisoner was Haley's female cell mate - she who fixed the sabotaged avionics. If she's still with us we will need some sharing of cabins).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#254 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro says " I agree we should start yelling our head off the moment we hit normal space but we should figure out who we are first ...finding out what our transinde says is a priority" He smiles slyly "Although saying we're someone else isn't entirely beyond my experience..."

Sure as there's transponders, a good Belter knows how to spoof 'em, even for a little while...
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#255 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:The extra prisoner was Haley's female cell mate - she who fixed the sabotaged avionics. If she's still with us we will need some sharing of cabins). [/color]
I thought it was Haley who fixed the avionics; William fixed the drives....
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She continues "I can speak to Regina Orbital on approach. I suggest we ask for tight beam comms and then demand to be boarded by Ducal Huscarls due to possession of prohibited war materiel. There is a military form to this and they will have a fit - but it might buy enough time for the Old Dream to fall out of jump and stop us being vaporised”.
"I'm still an Imperial Army reservist," Zaki interjects. "I can attach a report documenting that we have liberated POWs and a prisoner aboard." She smiles grimly. "I'll let you tell them about the poison gas, though."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun grins at Pedro "Indeed, coming out of Jump with a transponder on and declaring that we are who we really are will be a refreshing change!"

She smiles back at Zaki and adds with cold humour "If they deal in rumours they might well believe I am still a Sword Worlds pirate and a war criminal! I'm sure that when I let them know I have brought prohibited weapons in system of the sector capital I'll have their full attention!"

She continues "I suggest we simply declare ourselves as what we are - a mercenary unit returning to Imperial space with liberated POWs, wounded and impounded weapons on board".

(OOC:

I trawled back to remind myself who we rescued:

Lord "Windy" Featherstuff (mission target)
Lt. Commander Jackie Mason (red headed female who mended the ship's Avionics)
Lt. Haley Zaminski (feisty gunnery gal)
"Joe" - sick POW who Zaki put in Cold Birth due to his state of health

Our other "passenger" is a very dead Luzon guard - also in Cold Birth).

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#258 Post by Nuke66 »

"We should at lest find it and see what it says before deciding on how to deal with it, that's all I'm saying." Edwardo offers.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies "Oh I agree! I am intrigued to learn more of this trader but I barely have the skills to discover more". She grins mischievously and raises her glass to the company "If nothing else you soulless Imperials will have a name for your ship!"

Admin: While in Jump Sigrun will offer to continue to instruct Chandra in the use of the Shotgun - not only shooting it but tactical movement about the ship.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She smiles back at Zaki and adds with cold humour "If they deal in rumours they might well believe I am still a Sword Worlds pirate and a war criminal! I'm sure that when I let them know I have brought prohibited weapons in system of the sector capital I'll have their full attention!"She continues "I suggest we simply declare ourselves as what we are - a mercenary unit returning to Imperial space with liberated POWs, wounded and impounded weapons on board".
Zaki looks at the assembled crew. "The person here with the most clout is Lord Edwardo." She looks at the nobleman. "What do you think we should do?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”