[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#221 Post by Tiglath »

Keven wrote: Carlos chimes in over the comm. "Getting brownpoints with the Impy spook services could come in handy, since we seem to be drakh deep in Impy politics these days..."
Sigrun cheerfully replies "Ja, give them the whole package at Regina. It is as you say - a good investment. At least we didn't khest up the repo work!"

(OOC: Welcome back indeed! :) )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#222 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Frank has inspired me to require a ship to have a "jump tape", ie. program, before it can make a jump. This program can be gotten at a Starport for 10 KCR, or created by the Generate program on a ship's computer.

Carlos will find that this ship lacks the Generate program. The Old Dream, Lady Jane's yacht, however, does have that program.

So, your options are to go back to the local Star Port to buy a jump tape from Ruie to Regina (ha! ha!), or to generate one with The Old Dream's Generate program.

If you use the other ship's (or eventually your own) Generate program, you'll need to have the Engineer provide data on the ship's drives, power supply, and ship size/configuration and the Navigator provide data on both the local star system and the destination system to the program. Doing this is so easy it won't even take a roll from anyone unless you're in an emergency situation. It takes roughly an hour to generate and load the program onto a computer "tape"...cartridge...that you physically insert into your ship's computer at the proper time.

Once the cartridge with the jump course is loaded into the computer. A Jump program (there is a different one for J1 through J6) is loaded and the Pilot has an Easy task flying the ship into jump space on the proper course. You have a J1 cartridge in this ship's library of programs.

Jump Tapes, or cartridges, are based in part on local system information that changes, so they are only completely reliable for a week or so after being generated. As the program on the cartridges age misjumps from using them increase.

Alternatively, if you don't have access to a jump tape at all, you can still attempt a jump. The Navigator takes the data from Engineering and the system data and manually works out the program...this is a lengthy and Very Hard task with an uncertain outcome. If you don't have the Jump program for the jump you're making, but do have a proper jump tape the Pilot must complete a Very Hard task to get the ship into jump space and on the proper course.

While in Jump Space staying on course isn't a sure thing, so someone needs to keep an eye on the "little blue dot in the center of the red circle." If the blue dot begins to move out of the center of that circle minor course corrections need to be made by the Pilot. As the ship nears its destination the blue dot grows larger until it fills the red circle. Keep in mind the dot and circle are from the generated program and if you misjumped you may very well not know it until you do emerge. However you should start to worry if: 1. the dot leaves the circle and you can't get it back inside; 2. the dot still hasn't filled the circle after a week or so; or 3. the dot grows larger than the circle and you still aren't breaking back into normal space.

Oh, one other note! Chandra has noticed that this ship...whatever you name her...as a drive that can do a jump 2, but neither the fuel storage nor the computer program/storage/processor to allow it to do more than a J1 at this time. To get to J2 with this ship would require turning some cargo space into fuel storage, upgrading the computer, and buying a J2 program. All doable, but expensive.

Questions?
I propose "The Bodger's Hope" as a name :lol:

Pedro will assist in getting the data together for the jump tape, once we lift and are headed to the jump limit. Once that's done he'll help whoever's sorting out the life support and food situation (Zaki?). "MRE's are boring but they'll keep you going. " he looks over he selection "Eh, we have enough variety here we can make different things, won't be too bad. Spent a month on a tunnel job once where the doonfa in charge of food just hopped into a millicred store bought three cases of cheap Ghesh noodles, then took the rest and lost it at cards. All shrimp paste flavor, too. Shrimp paste Ghesh noodles three meals a day for 30 days..." He grins. "After that, MRE's are a luxury."

There's a whole slew of MRE hacks out there...

He'll investigate the galley spaces. "Maybe we can cadge a few staples from The Old Dream if we ask nicely."
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#223 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos looks up from fighting the navigation routines in the computer as she sets an MRE by him. "Thanks, dear. Helluva fourth date, isn't it?"
Welcome back! :D

"It is!" Zaki says with a laugh. She sits down next to him. "Now, I'm wondering what you're going to do for our next date that can top this one."
Carlos frowns. "Hmmmmmm. A weekend campout in a safe place? Just me, thee, the stars above, a quiet waterfall nearby, no pesky insects? I'll give it some thought..."
Tiglath wrote:
Keven wrote: Carlos chimes in over the comm. "Getting brownpoints with the Impy spook services could come in handy, since we seem to be drakh deep in Impy politics these days..."
Sigrun cheerfully replies "Ja, give them the whole package at Regina. It is as you say - a good investment. At least we didn't khest up the repo work!"

(OOC: Welcome back indeed! :) )
Carlos adds, "I just keep in mind these chakkas are local, just pirates, I doubt they'll get the Jodarns, or whoever they were, involved, except maybe in a joint cleanup. That'd look good on the front page of the Imperial Star, I'd think..."

He stands, stretches, wanders back to the hold. "'Farm implements' indeed. That dodge is as old as the universe. Chakkas have no imagination." He looks around a bit more. "This is all evidence. So is this tub. We get it back to the squirrels and get a different, cleaner ship from our 'buddies'. Then I suggest we cranch off and try to get out of the line of fire for a change. Best way not to catch a bullet is not be there when it fires."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#224 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote: Carlos adds, "I just keep in mind these chakkas are local, just pirates, I doubt they'll get the Jodarns, or whoever they were, involved, except maybe in a joint cleanup. That'd look good on the front page of the Imperial Star, I'd think..."

He stands, stretches, wanders back to the hold. "'Farm implements' indeed. That dodge is as old as the universe. Chakkas have no imagination." He looks around a bit more. "This is all evidence. So is this tub. We get it back to the squirrels and get a different, cleaner ship from our 'buddies'. Then I suggest we cranch off and try to get out of the line of fire for a change. Best way not to catch a bullet is not be there when it fires."
Pedro chimes in "Yeah, except pirates don't grab Zho POW's to fix their ships, and mustard gas isn't a useful boarding tool, yah know?" He shakes his head "the dumb chakkas here may be local but someone higher up the food chain's pulling their strings. The clue will be what gets on the newsvids when we come back with the Heir. if the frontheads are 'Sir William Rescued from Pirates!' they're just a buncha doonfas with guns and missiles. If the headlines are buried in the local interest section "Sir William returns home from Navy to take up corporate reins" you'll know it's dirty as hell, and being kept quiet..."
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun smiles resignedly and adds “That volunteer I put in the fridge would have told you he was fighting for local Ruian issues. The trouble is one parsec from here across the border lies Regina - the very heart of the Imperial administration. Nearly every strategic naval exercise I’ve been in features the Zhodani 40th and their 16th Colonial fleets carving straight across the DMZ - coming to support Ruie in the face of apparent Imperial aggression. The fact that Ruie has an undefended gas giant capable of refueling them is, of course, pure coincidence”. She smiles wearily “The poor Ruians would desperately like just to have "local issues" - but they never will”.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by Eris »

Ninty minutes pass...

Can we say that Tiglath and John Lee and one of the women POW's go to The Old Dream give an after action report to Lady Jane and picked up a Jump Tape after it is generated? Lady Jane looks happy with the results, but haggard like she's been sick and hasn't completely gotten over whatever it was. Lord William is seated by her side holding her hand.

While John Lee and McDonald are transferring the party's gear to the G Carrier, Tiglath liberates a few bottles of wine, spirits, and beer as well as some spices and a package of "Starter Greens" for the other ship's Aerogarden. It is agreed that you can keep the G Carrier, at least, for now.

OOC: Edwardo bought some spec cargo, is that staying aboard The Old Dream, or are you transferring that over as well?

Back aboard Unnamed Ship Chandra, Pedro and Carlos have the ship's systems prepped for the trip. All that is lacking is the Jump Tape. Haley is hoping to stay with you folks, saying with a fierce look "In the event you need someone in a turret, I'm your woman!"

Edwardo is a bit concerned as radio traffic about the "event" has almost completely gone away. There are some reports on "popular media", but the military is no longer broadcasting anything. At least, not in clear, but there has been an increase in coded messages going from nation to nation on both military and government channels. He still hasn't seen any blips on the radar indicating that air craft are in this area, though. He is getting the feeling that your undetected time here is growing short.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#227 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:Ninty minutes pass...

Can we say that Tiglath and John Lee and one of the women POW's go to The Old Dream give an after action report to Lady Jane and picked up a Jump Tape after it is generated? Lady Jane looks happy with the results, but haggard like she's been sick and hasn't completely gotten over whatever it was. Lord William is seated by her side holding her hand.

While John Lee and McDonald are transferring the party's gear to the G Carrier, Tiglath liberates a few bottles of wine, spirits, and beer as well as some spices and a package of "Starter Greens" for the other ship's Aerogarden. It is agreed that you can keep the G Carrier, at least, for now.

OOC: Edwardo bought some spec cargo, is that staying aboard The Old Dream, or are you transferring that over as well?

Back aboard Unnamed Ship Chandra, Pedro and Carlos have the ship's systems prepped for the trip. All that is lacking is the Jump Tape. Haley is hoping to stay with you folks, saying with a fierce look "In the event you need someone in a turret, I'm your woman!"

Edwardo is a bit concerned as radio traffic about the "event" has almost completely gone away. There are some reports on "popular media", but the military is no longer broadcasting anything. At least, not in clear, but there has been an increase in coded messages going from nation to nation on both military and government channels. He still hasn't seen any blips on the radar indicating that air craft are in this area, though. He is getting the feeling that your undetected time here is growing short.
Pedro comms the Old Dream. "This is Pedro on the junker. Everyone's on board, we're fueled and have the jump tape for Regina. It's past time to blow this joint, I think. We're ready to lift when you are; I'd recommend straight and hot out as fast as we can get to orbit. We'll stay close. I don't think any of the hostiles have much of an orbital presence or we'd have already been hit. "

He'll comm Chandra "Ready the drives, we're going to go up fast. I don't want to linger down here in interface space, not with who knows how many aircraft out looking for us. "
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun returns to the ship wearing her tailored vac suit and looking suitably refreshed. Grinning from ear to ear she gleefully stows her alcoholic loot in the forward lounge for all to share. Then neatly stows her kit in her stateroom.

“I brought some greens as well but at least now we won’t die of thirst! When Mr McDonald finds I’ve been at his bar he may well bill me for it - so Skol!”

She made sure she got John Lee a bottle of bourbon and duly hands it over to her room mate with a grin “Mr. Petamore, since you were the getaway driver here’s your cut”.

Once back on board she inventories her “loot” into the ship’s stores with Zaki and then presents her with a bottle of champagne. “I stole this for you - drink it with Carlos!” She later returns to thank Zaki for her work on the cabins.

Sigrun likes the young Lieutenant’s style “Haley, since we’re short a gunner I think you just signed on. Help me load those missiles into the port turret”.

As she works Sigrun keys her comm and says “We really need to name this ship. It is unlucky not to have a name. How about Revenant?”

Once she and Haley gain the bridge Sigrun readies the pulse laser turret for action.

Seeming to be familiar with the tactical situation she states “Timing’s always the key here. If we claim to be something they have to take instruction on or that causes them confusion we gain extra distance towards the jump point”.
Last edited by Tiglath on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo adds, "Let's leave the cargo where it is and just get going here. Time to blow this Popsicle stand."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#230 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:

Pedro comms the Old Dream. "This is Pedro on the junker. Everyone's on board, we're fueled and have the jump tape for Regina. It's past time to blow this joint, I think. We're ready to lift when you are; I'd recommend straight and hot out as fast as we can get to orbit. We'll stay close. I don't think any of the hostiles have much of an orbital presence or we'd have already been hit. "

He'll comm Chandra "Ready the drives, we're going to go up fast. I don't want to linger down here in interface space, not with who knows how many aircraft out looking for us. "
Prolly best to keep the spec cargo on the yacht. THIS boat is likely to be impounded for awhile til the squirrels get through taking it apart and putting it back together again.

Carlos glances over the navigation plot and the jump tape. "Looks good." He looks over at Pedro. "They tell me the boss pilot in the Merchies is the captain of the ship." He checks some last minute readouts. "Ship is ready for flight... Skipper..."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#231 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:

Prolly best to keep the spec cargo on the yacht. THIS boat is likely to be impounded for awhile til the squirrels get through taking it apart and putting it back together again.

Carlos glances over the navigation plot and the jump tape. "Looks good." He looks over at Pedro. "They tell me the boss pilot in the Merchies is the captain of the ship." He checks some last minute readouts. "Ship is ready for flight... Skipper..."
Pedro grins "Flattery will get ya everywhere. " He fires up the thrusters and starts bringing the ship off the (Beach?out of the water?) "Hope everyone closed the door and windows!" and lifts the ship; following as closely as possible to the Old Dream to keep their signature small, he guns it to orbit, taking the fastest course for the 100D limit. "Eyes on the scopes we don't want to get tagged by some of these drangin air bogeys"
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos frowns. "Hmmmmmm. A weekend campout in a safe place? Just me, thee, the stars above, a quiet waterfall nearby, no pesky insects? I'll give it some thought..."
"That sounds wonderful," Zaki replies with a broad smile. "Now, though, I have to go get our room ready. And everyone else's, of course." She stands, plants a kiss on his lips, and leaves to the passenger accommodations area.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro grins "Flattery will get ya everywhere. " He fires up the thrusters and starts bringing the ship off the (Beach?out of the water?) "Hope everyone closed the door and windows!" and lifts the ship; following as closely as possible to the Old Dream to keep their signature small, he guns it to orbit, taking the fastest course for the 100D limit. "Eyes on the scopes we don't want to get tagged by some of these drangin air bogeys"
Zaki finishes her work in the passenger area, and then surveys the crew quarters, listing what it will take to get them back in shape.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#234 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos frowns. "Hmmmmmm. A weekend campout in a safe place? Just me, thee, the stars above, a quiet waterfall nearby, no pesky insects? I'll give it some thought..."
"That sounds wonderful," Zaki replies with a broad smile. "Now, though, I have to go get our room ready. And everyone else's, of course." She stands, plants a kiss on his lips, and leaves to the passenger accommodations area.
Carlos blushes as he gets back to work, making sure the ship is in the groove, and keeping an eye on the detector screens as he can to see if any bad guys are creeping up on them.
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Keven wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:

Pedro grins "Flattery will get ya everywhere. " He fires up the thrusters and starts bringing the ship off the (Beach?out of the water?) "Hope everyone closed the door and windows!" and lifts the ship; following as closely as possible to the Old Dream to keep their signature small, he guns it to orbit, taking the fastest course for the 100D limit. "Eyes on the scopes we don't want to get tagged by some of these drangin air bogeys"
Carlos nods and picks up the hand mike, keying into the intercom. "All hands, this is the copilot. We are airborne. Secure any loose toys and lock down for extraatmospheric flight. We go 'home' now."
In The Marches:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#235 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro comms the Old Dream. "This is Pedro on the junker. Everyone's on board, we're fueled and have the jump tape for Regina. It's past time to blow this joint, I think. We're ready to lift when you are; I'd recommend straight and hot out as fast as we can get to orbit. We'll stay close. I don't think any of the hostiles have much of an orbital presence or we'd have already been hit. "

"We're ready over here!"sends The Old Dream, "I agree, up and straight out at top V, and then jump for Regina. We'll follow you. If that ship fraks out on the way to the Jump Point, we can transfer you back over."

"Oh, and Lady Jane says to tell you 'Well done!', and I concur. Over and out."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#236 Post by Eris »

The two ships burn up through the atmosphere and radio traffic peaks from ground stations. Edwardo picks up four surface to air missile signatures fired from three different sites on the surface, but none of them have a remote chance of catching up with your ships.

As you breech the atmosphere there is a huge flash far behind you and the sensors go blind! That was a nuke and you've been hit with a massive EM pulse. The ship systems are shielded and within a minute the sensors are back on line, but that was a tense minute flying blind.

Sensor show nothing other than The Old Dream up here with you as you boost at 1G for the 100 diameter line. You leave Ruie behind, including angry radio broadcasts...some of which are rabidly anti-Imperium. Did you know you were an Imperial Spetsnaz team? And did you know you failed in your mission to assassinate various local leaders, destabilize everything from local economies to the local football league, and/or start any number of revolutions in various of the local nation states?

The local gas giant is well away from your course and the pair of blips you pick up on your radar leaving the shadow of that planet are going to be hours late getting into range to attack your ships, but you do note that these blips aren't using transponders and, although running silent, are scanning with their active sensors, so they aren't sneaking up on anyone.

As The Old Dream hits the jump line they send, "See you on the other side!" and disappears in a flash.

A few minutes later you also reach the jump limit...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#237 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:The two ships burn up through the atmosphere and radio traffic peaks from ground stations. Edwardo picks up four surface to air missile signatures fired from three different sites on the surface, but none of them have a remote chance of catching up with your ships.

As you breech the atmosphere there is a huge flash far behind you and the sensors go blind! That was a nuke and you've been hit with a massive EM pulse. The ship systems are shielded and within a minute the sensors are back on line, but that was a tense minute flying blind.

Sensor show nothing other than The Old Dream up here with you as you boost at 1G for the 100 diameter line. You leave Ruie behind, including angry radio broadcasts...some of which are rabidly anti-Imperium. Did you know you were an Imperial Spetsnaz team? And did you know you failed in your mission to assassinate various local leaders, destabilize everything from local economies to the local football league, and/or start any number of revolutions in various of the local nation states?

The local gas giant is well away from your course and the pair of blips you pick up on your radar leaving the shadow of that planet are going to be hours late getting into range to attack your ships, but you do note that these blips aren't using transponders and, although running silent, are scanning with their active sensors, so they aren't sneaking up on anyone.

As The Old Dream hits the jump line they send, "See you on the other side!" and disappears in a flash.

A few minutes later you also reach the jump limit...
Pedro flicks the sensor logs to full record back to takeoff...trying to nuke us is naughty. Someone down there really didn't like us. Hopefully the recordings helps Navint get a signature on who fired the nuke as well as who or what are those ships gunning for us.

When they get to the 100D limit Pedro asks"Navs green? Jump drive green? My board looks good"

Presuming Chandra, Edwardo and Carlos all agree , Pedro hits the big red Jump button.

After the transition, he sets the main screen on the bridge to the countdown. "Jump pool is now open! I'm feeling good bout this, I'll take plus one hour. " He stands up from his station and stretches. "Let me go see if I can apply my expensive naval training to some good use and make something for dinner that doesn't completely taste like MRE !".
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun reacts to the nuclear detonation and resultant EM pulse with a colourful steam of Old Norse invective. When she pauses for breath she adds “ … and now they add profligate use of nuclear weapons to their list of crimes! These Luzon fools are unbelievable!”

She nods cheerfully at Carlos and replies to Pedro “I hear our Navigator is pretty sharp - I’ll take dead on. I can also take the helm so go, eat and take your time. I am familiar with flying second hand traders”. She smiles “If you take a look in the forward lounge you’ll find something to go with your MRE”. Her smile broadens into a wolfish grin “Mr McDonald left the Old Dream’s bar unguarded and I may have misinterpreted that oversight as express permission to help myself”.

Provided Pedro trusts her with the pilot's chair Sigrun will call Chandra on the comm "Chandra I have the ship. If you are happy to slave the Engineering board to mine I'll watch the drives while you take some downtime".
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by joertexas »

Zaki continues working on the crew quarters, doing what she can to clean them. When dinner time comes around, she goes to the lounge and helps prepare the evening meal. She's proficient at cooking, and she's familiar with MREs from her field training.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#240 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Pedro flicks the sensor logs to full record back to takeoff...trying to nuke us is naughty. Someone down there really didn't like us. Hopefully the recordings helps Navint get a signature on who fired the nuke as well as who or what are those ships gunning for us.

When they get to the 100D limit Pedro asks"Navs green? Jump drive green? My board looks good"
Carlos shrugs. "Rat bastards trying to cover their crimes. Something tells me the khest'n Luzon have a lot of local support. Some despots maybe trying a power play or something. But that gas, it's an old WMD. Weapon of mass death, and they weren't planning on using it against other military."

He checks the board, types in a command. "Jump program running. Jump solution accepted, locked in, and tracking. Engineering reports ready for jump."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Presuming Chandra, Edwardo and Carlos all agree , Pedro hits the big red Jump button.
Carlos grabs the mike. "All hands, jump program locked and running. Prepare for jump in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Jumping."
bruce.desertrat wrote:After the transition, he sets the main screen on the bridge to the countdown. "Jump pool is now open! I'm feeling good bout this, I'll take plus one hour. " He stands up from his station and stretches. "Let me go see if I can apply my expensive naval training to some good use and make something for dinner that doesn't completely taste like MRE !".
Carlos says, "I just hope Til raided the kitchen's seasonings as well as the bar. You can do a lot with the proper seasonings."
joertexas wrote:Zaki continues working on the crew quarters, doing what she can to clean them. When dinner time comes around, she goes to the lounge and helps prepare the evening meal. She's proficient at cooking, and she's familiar with MREs from her field training.
Carlos locks down the nav board and heads for the crew lounge. He looks over the dinner choices interestedly, pats Zaki gently on the shoulder and smiles at her.
In The Marches:

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”