[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#321 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun listens carefully to her comrades’ input and adds “I agree. Provided the Imperial Navy aren’t too twitchy we should be alright. When we exit jump let’s decelerate and not vector directly for the port. Not hiding - just not threatening. Meanwhile on comms, as well as every other emergency in the book, we declare "no transponder" to Regina control and give them active scanners or radio transmission to lock onto instead. We give them no cause to engage us before we can get our story verified by the Old Dream".

"Demanding to be boarded and declaring that we have wounded Imperial POWs on board should surely stay their hand. Once they have boarded us we can hand the seized gas over into their custody. From memory 1st Fleet at Regina are fairly straight up - it’s the 213th out of Lunion that are all saurigr skítkarlnir”.
Carlos shrugs. "Personally, I just want to be out from under the squirrel's thumbs. If they wanted me to keep risking my chodas for Emp and Empire, they should never have cut me loose. This drakh is way above my paygrade. I just want to get on with my life."

Pedro says "I agree with Sigrun, come in slow, yelling our heads off and being non-threatening." He shakes his head "And hope the Old Dream arrives on schedule!"

Week before christmas or office downsized again, as yet another person (our best Windows systems admin, and the one who set up and ran our whole VM infrastructure) left for a new job, two weeks after our director left, and we had to hurry up and migrate everyone from on-premises email to O365 on an accelerated schedule. The College (in the persons of our new dean and new business manager) in it's infinite wisdom has determined that our IT group (which until September had 6 people) can get by with 3, so everyone has a ton more repsonsibility, and joy of joys, for stuff we don't really have a lot of experience running! We had the week off between Christmas and New Years, I spent a lot of it sleeping. :(
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos shrugs. "Personally, I just want to be out from under the squirrel's thumbs. If they wanted me to keep risking my chodas for Emp and Empire, they should never have cut me loose. This drakh is way above my paygrade. I just want to get on with my life."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "I agree with Sigrun, come in slow, yelling our heads off and being non-threatening." He shakes his head "And hope the Old Dream arrives on schedule!"
"I appreciate your concern for your chodas," Zaki says, surprising herself with her own candor. "I also agree with Sigrun on this."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Week before christmas or office downsized again, as yet another person (our best Windows systems admin, and the one who set up and ran our whole VM infrastructure) left for a new job, two weeks after our director left, and we had to hurry up and migrate everyone from on-premises email to O365 on an accelerated schedule. The College (in the persons of our new dean and new business manager) in it's infinite wisdom has determined that our IT group (which until September had 6 people) can get by with 3, so everyone has a ton more repsonsibility, and joy of joys, for stuff we don't really have a lot of experience running! We had the week off between Christmas and New Years, I spent a lot of it sleeping. :(
Sorry - that's a real mess.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#323 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos shrugs. "Personally, I just want to be out from under the squirrel's thumbs. If they wanted me to keep risking my chodas for Emp and Empire, they should never have cut me loose. This drakh is way above my paygrade. I just want to get on with my life."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "I agree with Sigrun, come in slow, yelling our heads off and being non-threatening." He shakes his head "And hope the Old Dream arrives on schedule!"
"I appreciate your concern for your chodas," Zaki says, surprising herself with her own candor. "I also agree with Sigrun on this."
Carlos blows her a kiss. "We also need to not khest around with the computer. Might be data in there for the squirrels to get the Navy to shag themselves out to Ruie and flatten their gas giant base. If I were a pirate-type, I'd make damned sure I trapped the data banks to keep my secrets."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#324 Post by Eris »

After a week in jump the bridge sensors begin to show vague star images, a sure sign the ship is about to emerge. Pedro estimates 10 minutes, Carlos thinks more like 20 and neither is correct as the ship emerges with a pop 14 minutes after you made your estimates.

A quick glance at the sensor screens shows a big gas giant approximately 800,000 km from you. A very bright radio source is orbiting the gas giant...Regina Prime...and there are several dozen transponder signals scattered around the gas giant, with quite a few out even beyond you. This isn't abnormal for a busy port, like Regina, but you're not going to be unnoticed for long even if you run silently.

Now who is where aboard the ship, who does what, and in what order?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by ffilz »

Chandra will be down in engineering making sure the jump drives shut down normally and firing up the maneuver drives.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#326 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:After a week in jump the bridge sensors begin to show vague star images, a sure sign the ship is about to emerge. Pedro estimates 10 minutes, Carlos thinks more like 20 and neither is correct as the ship emerges with a pop 14 minutes after you made your estimates.

A quick glance at the sensor screens shows a big gas giant approximately 800,000 km from you. A very bright radio source is orbiting the gas giant...Regina Prime...and there are several dozen transponder signals scattered around the gas giant, with quite a few out even beyond you. This isn't abnormal for a busy port, like Regina, but you're not going to be unnoticed for long even if you run silently.

Pedro is in the pilot's chair, making sure we're not headed anywhere in any sort of threatening manner, doing his best to make wure the ship is 'standing still with it's hands in the air'."Start squawking on the comms people, let 'em know we're here!" He'll look over the transponder signals looking for the Old Dream
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#327 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Who won the jump pool? Pedro had +1 hour, so he was only 46 minutes off.
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#328 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote:After a week in jump the bridge sensors begin to show vague star images, a sure sign the ship is about to emerge. Pedro estimates 10 minutes, Carlos thinks more like 20 and neither is correct as the ship emerges with a pop 14 minutes after you made your estimates.

Pedro is in the pilot's chair, making sure we're not headed anywhere in any sort of threatening manner, doing his best to make wure the ship is 'standing still with it's hands in the air'."Start squawking on the comms people, let 'em know we're here!" He'll look over the transponder signals looking for the Old Dream
Carlos grins lopsidedly and keys the mike into the local traffic net. "This is freighter Who Knows requesting assistance and boarding from the Imperial Navy. We are not, repeat, not declaring emergency at this time. I repeat, this is the freighter Who Knows inbound from Ruie with repatriated Imperial POWs requesting Imperial Navy to board and clear us for approach. Regina Traffic, we request a parking orbit until Navy can come aboard and take this g'dayt thing off our hands."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun has become increasingly edgy as the jump timer counts down. She did, however, crack a bright grin as the “Who Knows” slid out of jump. “I told you he was good!” she winks at Pedro and gives Carlos a congratulatory slap on the shoulder as she passes him en route to her battle station. As she boosts herself into the turret she says “Now, let’s try to stay alive long enough to drink the beer”. Almost immediately she redundantly declares “Turret One not engaging - weapons locked and cold”.

(OOC:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Who won the jump pool? Pedro had +1 hour, so he was only 46 minutes off.

Quote: “I hear our Navigator is pretty sharp - I’ll take dead on". Sigrun thinks she's got it!

Sorry to hear of your grim time before Xmas).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Now who is where aboard the ship, who does what, and in what order?
Zaki is back in the low berths compartment, checking the injured POW's unit for proper operation after emerging from jump space.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo sits in the Comms station. He waits for a response from incoming communications while searching for the Dream to emerge.

"Power down the inertia drives please." he asks

"This is 'Who Knows' without a transponder, please steer clear and send the Navy. We have another ship coming through Jump soon, should be right behind us."

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#332 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo sits in the Comms station. He waits for a response from incoming communications while searching for the Dream to emerge.

"Power down the inertia drives please." he asks
Pedro reduces the drive power to as near zero as he can while maintaining station.
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun looks across the bridge to ensure Hayley has "stood to" in the other turret and then double checks her own gunnery console to ensure that both turret's weapons are inert.

As the exit from jump draws near she will have assisted Zaki in getting Whistler back into his vacc suit (if he's still under treatment). She is wearing her own high tech vacc suit under her crew jacket and is wearing her sidearm and carrying her hard helmet in case of emergency.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#334 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun looks across the bridge to ensure Hayley has "stood to" in the other turret and then double checks her own gunnery console to ensure that both turret's weapons are inert.

As the exit from jump draws near she will have assisted Zaki in getting Whistler back into his vacc suit (if he's still under treatment). She is wearing her own high tech vacc suit under her crew jacket and is wearing her sidearm and carrying her hard helmet in case of emergency.

Pedro says "Sigrun, might want to put that pistol in your locker for the moment. you fit certain, well, preconcieved notions for the Navy boarding crew we're likely to get. heck I'm an Impie and I'm considering stripping to skivvies. "He shakes his head "Worse if we get us some jarheads"
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies immediately, as if simply relating the thoughts running through her head, “If you were entering the “Jarl’s Harbour” on Gram would you go in as a wolf or a sheep? I am an Imperial Citizen, by invasion, and break no Imperial laws by bearing arms in space - or even in a star port. Given that we have stormed a covert military prison and boarded a pirate star ship it should be no surprise, even to the Imperial Navy, to find at least one warrior on board – even if they are a tame Swordie mercenary!”

She is clearly dealing with a number of emotions (wounded national pride seeming to be top of the pile of angst) but then one issue seems to entirely derail and yet (dangerously?) focus her thoughts in an entirely different direction “Jarheads???” a pause equates to her formulating a translation. “Ha! Imperial Marines - real soldiers! I will meet them at the air lock and we will explore our preconceived notions. We will either understand each other or the Imperial Marines will be able to tell their comrades that they met just one Sword World warrior ... and they will tell the tale”.

“Meanwhile” Pedro can hear her brightly good natured yet wicked smile over the intercom as she teases “if you want to impress the Imperial Navy there’s still time to iron some creases into your skivvies”.

(OOC: For those that haven't guessed Sigrun may have Imperial Navy issues ... but, perhaps naively, believes "soldier" is a universal language ;) )

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: For those that haven't guessed Sigrun may have Imperial Navy issues ... but, perhaps naively, believes "soldier" is a universal language ;) )
Was this conversation broadcast over the same general comm net Zaki is using?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Sigrun would instinctively broadcast her response over the crew intercom. Reckless sharing ... :roll: ).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Sigrun would instinctively broadcast her response over the crew intercom. Reckless sharing ... :roll: ).
Oh, goodie :D

Zaki comes up on the comm. "Sigrun, can you come see me in the low berth area, now, please?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Oh, goodie :D
(OOC: But of course ... ;) :D )

Provided there are no immediate threats to the ship Sigrun will slave her turret controls over to Chandra's board and respond to Zaki's summons moving to meet her in the Low Berth area.

She grins amiably at Pedro as she transits the bridge "Sharp creases" adding "Zaki calls" to explain her absence.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Provided there are no immediate threats to the ship Sigrun will slave her turret controls over to Chandra's board and respond to Zaki's summons moving to meet her in the Low Berth area.
"Please come in, and close the door," Zaki says when Sigrun arrives. She steps over to the comm panel and mutes the compartment's audio pickups, and then removes her holo display from over her right eye. Drawing herself up to her full height, she addresses Sigrun. "Personally, I don't want to deal with the Imperial Marines, or anyone else in an official capacity, any more than I really must. That is especially true when we are riding in a stolen spacecraft, with illegal weapons aboard, that we took by force of arms in a neutral star system. I would really appreciate it if you would cooperate with our pilot's instructions regarding your weapons, as that would materially aid us in resolving this bitched-up mess as painlessly as possible."

She takes a breath. "Look, we all know that you are a goodly part of the reason we were able to pull off this caper. But, part of working together is that we can trust each other's judgement, and that we can all take orders, as well as give them." She stops speaking and waits for Sigrun to respond.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”