[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#381 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote: To her comrades she says evasively “I have a little knowledge about renegotiating ship ownership. If we left this ship before making the salvage claim I believe it might be legally unsound”.
Pedro grins broadly while he strokes an imaginary beard "Oh sounds like the voice of arrr-xperience, it does!" He slings the small duffel containing his possessions over his shoulder. "Here, I'll help you with your pile if you want." and helps her get the cases aboard the other ship and all squared away.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#382 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:It seems that by her reaction Commander Douglas has somehow gained Sigrun’s approval. “Ha!” grinning the tall blond strides over to shake the Commander’s hand “Kapitensleutnant Sigrun Volsung, pleased to meet you”. She then repeats, as if by rote, “Under Imperial Law I hereby claim salvage on this vessel taken in a mercenary action outside the Imperium on behalf of all parties present in that action. Kommander, would you please initiate the claim and forward it on to us for completion and also send a copy to my employer, Lady Jane Featherstuff, aboard the Old Dream?”

To her comrades she says evasively “I have a little knowledge about renegotiating ship ownership. If we left this ship before making the salvage claim I believe it might be legally unsound”.

Sigrun then sets to loading her bulky pile of carry cases and personal gear for the trip to Headquarters.
Commander Douglas shakes Sigrun's hand, "Your claim is noted and recorded."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#383 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Tiglath wrote: To her comrades she says evasively “I have a little knowledge about renegotiating ship ownership. If we left this ship before making the salvage claim I believe it might be legally unsound”.
Pedro grins broadly while he strokes an imaginary beard "Oh sounds like the voice of arrr-xperience, it does!" He slings the small duffel containing his possessions over his shoulder. "Here, I'll help you with your pile if you want." and helps her get the cases aboard the other ship and all squared away.
In short order the party collects their gear...except the grav vehicle in the cargo bay...and assembles at the air-lock.

OOC: What about that grav vehicle? John Lee, Chandra, Pedro, Carlos, anyone going to make sure they Navy knows it belongs to Lord and Lady Fenshaw (pronounced Featherstuff)?

You are actually piped aboard the SDB with a CPO and a pair of sailors at the lock snapping to attention and saluting you.

The CPO leads you to a Wardroom with a table and several chairs around it. You are told to remain here and offered coffee...navy coffee, boiled down to near tar and almost strong enough to stand a spoon in. Once you are all in the wardroom with your luggage there is next to no room to move in.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#384 Post by bruce.desertrat »

I'd expect the registration numbers on the vehicle and the info gathered during our debrief will explain that, but...

Before they leave the ship, Pedro says "By the way, the grav vehicle down at the end of the skidmarks in the cargo bay belongs to the Old Dream, and I expect they'd like it back in one piece."
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun thanks Commander Douglas and is very grateful for Pedro’s offer of help with her kit.

She grins right back at him “Ja, I worked a lot in the civil sector - in acquisitions. After a hostile takeover there’s nothing worse than the shareholders discovering you have made a khest of their dividend”.

During the transfer Sigrun stops, puts her carry cases down and then returns the salute before going on in.

She tries the coffee and appears to like it “Is there salt in this?”

(OOC: The “Fenshaw” in “Featherstuff” is silent – it’s a nobility pronunciation thing ... :) I was sure it was Featherstuff ...)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#386 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:You are actually piped aboard the SDB with a CPO and a pair of sailors at the lock snapping to attention and saluting you.

The CPO leads you to a Wardroom with a table and several chairs around it. You are told to remain here and offered coffee...navy coffee, boiled down to near tar and almost strong enough to stand a spoon in. Once you are all in the wardroom with your luggage there is next to no room to move in.
Carlos takes the salute in stride. Scouts don't bother with such things. One sip of the coffee, he says "G'dayt. This is strong enough to fly us back to Ruie!"
Tiglath wrote:She tries the coffee and appears to like it “Is there salt in this?”
"More like rocket fuel," says Carlos.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#387 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:You are actually piped aboard the SDB with a CPO and a pair of sailors at the lock snapping to attention and saluting you.

Carlos takes the salute in stride. Scouts don't bother with such things. One sip of the coffee, he says "G'dayt. This is strong enough to fly us back to Ruie!"
Tiglath wrote:She tries the coffee and appears to like it “Is there salt in this?”
"More like rocket fuel," says Carlos.
Pedro sips his "Nope. Hydraulic fluid. USED hydraulic fluid from a system with a leaky crankcase to judge by the aftertase of 30 weight."
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:"More like rocket fuel," says Carlos.
Having transferred the care of her patient to the Navy medical staff, Zaki returns to find Carlos. "You know, we really need to find you a supply of decent kaff. Maybe when we go planetside we can look?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#390 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:"More like rocket fuel," says Carlos.
Having transferred the care of her patient to the Navy medical staff, Zaki returns to find Carlos. "You know, we really need to find you a supply of decent kaff. Maybe when we go planetside we can look?"
Carlos kisses her on the forehead. "Yeah, a couple cases of freeze dried zapana would work..."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos kisses her on the forehead. "Yeah, a couple cases of freeze dried zapana would work..."
"Maybe we can find that Vargr restaurant again. I want to ask you about something, but later, when we can relax."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#392 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos kisses her on the forehead. "Yeah, a couple cases of freeze dried zapana would work..."
"Maybe we can find that Vargr restaurant again. I want to ask you about something, but later, when we can relax."
"But of course, dear. After a week of MREs, I'm liable to eat the Vargr instead, though..."
In The Marches:

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#393 Post by Nuke66 »

"A couple of day with decent meals will be lovely. A bit of rest and the gyrations of bureaucratic bullshit ought to take the pleasure out of it though." Edwardo says.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#394 Post by Keven »

Nuke66 wrote:"A couple of day with decent meals will be lovely. A bit of rest and the gyrations of bureaucratic bullshit ought to take the pleasure out of it though." Edwardo says.
"Navy chau is okay. Plain and boring, but okay. It's just the kaff you gotta steer away from. That drakh will kill you. Or cure you. One of those..." says Carlos.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun puts her coffee cup down on the wardroom table, closes her eyes and gives a relieved sigh as she leans back against the bulkhead. Quietly listening to her comrades' conversation, she briefly opens her mismatched eyes for an apologetic glance at Carlos and Zaki, and adds “Um … I think we should get used to the taste of the Navy kaff. They’re being very polite about it but for now I don’t think the Imperial Navy are taking us anywhere near coffee shops or interesting restaurants”.

Edit: rewrite
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:"Navy chau is okay. Plain and boring, but okay. It's just the kaff you gotta steer away from. That drakh will kill you. Or cure you. One of those..." says Carlos.
Zaki pats his hand. "It doesn't seem to have done you any lasting harm, my dear." She grins, with only a little pinkness showing in her cheeks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:"Navy chau is okay. Plain and boring, but okay. It's just the kaff you gotta steer away from. That drakh will kill you. Or cure you. One of those..." says Carlos.
Zaki pats his hand. "It doesn't seem to have done you any lasting harm, my dear." She grins, with only a little pinkness showing in her cheeks.
Carlos grins and winks. "And now you know why I've been up to all hours of the night, dear..."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos grins and winks. "And now you know why I've been up to all hours of the night, dear..."
"I certainly do," Zaki giggles, the color high in her cheeks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”