[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#121 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro overhears. "Zaki as soon as we're flying I'll crank the ac in the staterooms" He continues to ready for takeoff as soon as he has the OK from engineering and Nav.
"What I need is to have one of the low berths checked and activated," Zaki replies. "If he doesn't respond to my treatment pretty quick, I'm going to berth him."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:After disengaging from Charlie, William looks over Chandra's shoulder and says with a grin, "You won't find it that way. I tied it to the M Drives, you have to pull them up to half power or more to cause the drives to blow. The Luzon bastards have one of their own come in every day or two to run diagnostics. They've even run the Power Plant up to full power, but they can't actually run the M Drive until they lift this bucket. May I?"

William undogs an access panel from the wall and gets down on his knees. His upper body disappears inside the wall, "They check the Power Plant up here and the M Drives below, but they never physically check the connections between the Power Plant and the M Drives. There's a governor on these drives that I tinkered with..."

After a few seconds he pulls his arms out and hands a metal box with several short cables sticking out of it, "That's one, now let me get the other one."

As he walks to the other sided of the room he adds, "Oh, and don't worry, you don't need that governor to run the drives, it just limits acceleration to save wear and tear on the drives. I tinkered them to reverse at half acceleration and overload the system. The computer might be able to shut them down before the drives overload and blow up, but even then the ship would be driveless in the middle of a launch. It would take them way too long to figure this out to save their hides."
Does what he all said make sense to Chandra?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#123 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro overhears. "Zaki as soon as we're flying I'll crank the ac in the staterooms" He continues to ready for takeoff as soon as he has the OK from engineering and Nav.
"What I need is to have one of the low berths checked and activated," Zaki replies. "If he doesn't respond to my treatment pretty quick, I'm going to berth him."
I suspect this is NOT something Pedro can do from the pilot's station?
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#124 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:"...it just limits acceleration to save wear and tear on the drives"
Anyone looking at Pedro's face as he hears this will catch a fleeting glimpse of the Wong Way Evil Grin :twisted:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
Eris wrote:As he walks to the other sided of the room he adds, "Oh, and don't worry, you don't need that governor to run the drives, it just limits acceleration to save wear and tear on the drives. I tinkered them to reverse at half acceleration and overload the system. The computer might be able to shut them down before the drives overload and blow up, but even then the ship would be driveless in the middle of a launch. It would take them way too long to figure this out to save their hides."
Does what he all said make sense to Chandra?
Yes, it makes sense to Chandra. He knows a lot of ships, especially merchant ships, have governors on their drives to keep hot-shot pilots from red lining the drives and burning them out. He's never thought about hacking a governor to fool the power plant and computer to kill a drive, but he sees how it could be done.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
joertexas wrote:
I suspect this is NOT something Pedro can do from the pilot's station?
No, Pedro can't do that from the pilot's station. Someone with Medical will have to work on the low berths manually. Presumably that will be Zaki.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote:The woman who was in Jackie's cell with her goes with him, introducing herself as Lt JG Haley Zaminski and says she was the one working on the weapon systems.

Pedro says"Well EllTee...did you set those to blow up too? If not feel free to grab a turret chair and leave our friends below a present or three in the other ship when we're up. " If she does he'll note which side she takes. When we lift he'll swing the ship around to give her a clear field of fire on the other ship and the rest of the encampment.
"Yes, but why not blast 'em, too!" Haley says grimly as she takes a seat at a console, "There are bastards out there I want dead, dead, dead!"

"We got two turrets, missile launcher and sandcaster to Port and dual pulse laser to larboard. Lift this ship a couple hundred meters and over above the bastard's Hut and ship and I'll leave them a smoking pile of sheet metal!"
Haley's hands move quickly over the controls bringing the lasers and sensors online.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote: The radios in your suits are signaling that The Old Dream wants to talk to you!!!
Pedro thumbs his comm "Yah Old Dream, this is Rescue one. We have the targets alive and well, powering up and out soon. What up?"
"Stick in an ant hill! Star Port Control is having a large fit. There's chatter on local military channels, they're going to scramble jets but it sounds like they need 10 minutes to get them airborne."Old Dream replies, "Can you scramble right now? I suggest getting around to the other side of this ball and setting down at...latitude and longitude are given...from the maps it looks like an unoccupied island way away from this nation state."

When Pedro gets around to checking fuel in the tanks, he finds there is enough to fly around the planet a few times, even get out to the Jump Limit, but not enough to make the Jump back to Regina. It looks like you'll have to get some fuel from somewhere for that.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote: The radios in your suits are signaling that The Old Dream wants to talk to you!!!
Pedro thumbs his comm "Yah Old Dream, this is Rescue one. We have the targets alive and well, powering up and out soon. What up?"
"Stick in an ant hill! Star Port Control is having a large fit. There's chatter on local military channels, they're going to scramble jets but it sounds like they need 10 minutes to get them airborne."Old Dream replies, "Can you scramble right now? I suggest getting around to the other side of this ball and setting down at...latitude and longitude are given...from the maps it looks like an unoccupied island way away from this nation state."

When Pedro gets around to checking fuel in the tanks, he finds there is enough to fly around the planet a few times, even get out to the Jump Limit, but not enough to make the Jump back to Regina. It looks like you'll have to get some fuel from somewhere for that.
Pedro hits the all-ship intercom and lift klaxon. "We are lifting ...hope your hands are out of the drive circuits we have about 10 minutes before we get unwelcome attention from local air defenses. We go Now!" He turns to Carlos "Ready? Hope you are!" powers up the lifters and pints the ship off in the direction he wants to go and guns it. He' stay as close to NOE as he can. "Edwardo,Carlos see if one of you can turn off any transponders..."
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro hits the all-ship intercom and lift klaxon. "We are lifting ...hope your hands are out of the drive circuits we have about 10 minutes before we get unwelcome attention from local air defenses. We go Now!" He turns to Carlos "Ready? Hope you are!" powers up the lifters and pints the ship off in the direction he wants to go and guns it. He' stay as close to NOE as he can. "Edwardo,Carlos see if one of you can turn off any transponders..."
"Dammit!" Zaki punches her comm. "Can somebody, anybody, please come and help me save this man's life!? I need water and towels or something! Send one of the POWs, but I need help now!"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#131 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro hits the all-ship intercom and lift klaxon. "We are lifting ...hope your hands are out of the drive circuits we have about 10 minutes before we get unwelcome attention from local air defenses. We go Now!" He turns to Carlos "Ready? Hope you are!" powers up the lifters and pints the ship off in the direction he wants to go and guns it. He' stay as close to NOE as he can. "Edwardo,Carlos see if one of you can turn off any transponders..."
"Dammit!" Zaki punches her comm. "Can somebody, anybody, please come and help me save this man's life!? I need water and towels or something! Send one of the POWs, but I need help now!"
Pedro summons his loudest 'officer voice' "Lieutenant Zaminsky! Belay the weapons order and get your ass to the prioner quarters water and ny cloth you can find and help the medic. Now!"
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Tiglath »

Seeing that Engineering is secure Sigrun asks Charlie to help her clear the Low Berth bays (and the Launch - if there is one docked) and then opens the Crew Corridor hatch to link back up with Zaki. She offers the busy medic a fire extinguisher she “liberated” from Engineering. Between panting breaths she offers “Dry ice - might help drop his temperature. Best I can do. They’ll need me on the bridge. Charlie will help you for now - I’ll send someone else back too”.

On route to the bridge she calls John Lee on the comm and says "Mr Petamore, you still alive? If so could you access the local radar survey we made on the G carrier's sensors and get it to Carlos on the bridge? It might help us to drop off their air defense screens. Pedro will want sight of it and The Old Dream could use it too".

Bareheaded Sigrun strides onto the crowded bridge carrying her axe but with her weapons stowed. With her black eye camo and braided blond locks she is an imposing physical presence. “Imperial Seals Lefttenant? I used to eat them for breakfast! ” She grins and offers her hand “Sigrun. I’m pleased we got you out”.

She grins wolfishly at Pedro and says “Kapiten, if you can give me "weapons free" on the starboard turret I’ll downgrade this base to an X class starport”.

Sigrun notes Lt Zaminsky is heading back to help Zaki. She will enter the starboard turret to aim and fire the pulse laser battery manually. She plans to target the base's radar facility and then put a few point blank shots into the grounded trader's Manouvre Drives. As she does so she anxiously checks the second ten minute countdown she started running when she and Whistler dosed themselves with Combat Drug.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#133 Post by Eclipse »

Tiglath wrote: On route to the bridge she calls John Lee on the comm and says "Mr Petamore, you still alive? If so could you access the local radar survey we made on the G carrier's sensors and get it to Carlos on the bridge? It might help us to drop off their air defense screens. Pedro will want sight of it and The Old Dream could use it too".
John Lee replies, "I'm wrapping up securing the G-Carrier so it doesn't bounce around the hold if things get dicey. Be faster for me to run up the bridge and plug a data chip into the system then trying to interface the G-Carrier with the ship's systems. Be right up."
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#134 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote: She grins wolfishly at Pedro and says “Kapiten, if you can give me "weapons free" on the starboard turret I’ll downgrade this base to an X class starport”.

Sigrun notes Lt Zaminsky is heading back to help Zaki. She will enter the starboard turret to aim and fire the pulse laser battery manually. She plans to target the base's radar facility and then put a few point blank shots into the grounded trader's Manouvre Drives. As she does so she anxiously checks the second ten minute countdown she started running when she and Whistler dosed themselves with Combat Drug.
Pedro grins back, and taps the controls to do so. "All yours!" As he lifts he'll sweep around to give her a clear field of fire, sam as he was planning for the Lt..
Blade.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by Nuke66 »

"Rodger that" Edwardo responds. He brings up the communication system and de-activates the transponders. His next move is to start a recording of transmissions he picks up in the military bands.

He turns to Pedro, "Next stop fuel. Then we bail. Head North minus 13 minutes, almost halfway around. A decent port, should be able to fuel fast."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Seeing that Engineering is secure Sigrun asks Charlie to help her clear the Low Berth bays (and the Launch - if there is one docked) and then opens the Crew Corridor hatch to link back up with Zaki. She offers the busy medic a fire extinguisher she “liberated” from Engineering. Between panting breaths she offers “Dry ice - might help drop his temperature. Best I can do. They’ll need me on the bridge. Charlie will help you for now - I’ll send someone else back too”.
"Thank you," Zaki says. With nothing else to hand, she grabs a swatch of cloth from her patient's ruined clothing and holds it over the discharge port on the extinguisher. She gives it a short burst, and then checks to see if it cooled the rag enough to be useful.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#137 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Nuke66 wrote:
"Rodger that" Edwardo responds. He brings up the communication system and de-activates the transponders. His next move is to start a recording of transmissions he picks up in the military bands.

He turns to Pedro, "Next stop fuel. Then we bail. Head North minus 13 minutes, almost halfway around. A decent port, should be able to fuel fast."
I am presuming these are the coordinates that we were sent for the island?
Blade.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: Actually, No. Just my imagination showing. Hopefully an actual port so we can re-fuel. I don't suppose the planet is actually fully laid out. But we need a gas station to blow this planet. Thinking the communication system doesn't catch up with us.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#139 Post by bruce.desertrat »

We have planetary air defense headed or way and a rendezvous with the Old Dream set. We're making that rendezvous, because that's our mission here. If we can bug out with the ship we've 'stolen' that's great. If not, oh well. Maybe we can hide it well and come back for it. But our mission is to get Sir William off-planet and back home. The ship has fuel purifiers which should work with water; it's an island we're headed to so if we can get 8 hours uninterrupted good for fuel purification wonderful, if we can get enough onboard to get to the gas giant for refueling great. If we can get Sir William aboard the Old Dream and offworld and we the party want stay and take our chances getting refueled then getting out that's a decision we'll have to come to a consensus on.
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Tiglath »

I agree as above in that we need to get Lord William home to Regina to get paid. Practically I believe that means getting the Old Dream to the jump point whilst also ensuring that we are alive to collect our pay.

There is the possibility of the "GG base" being at the Gas Giant and therefore home to more Luzon ships / another base so we should perhaps not count on it for skimming fuel. As stated we can indeed refuel from the ocean and then purify the fuel onboard - or even jump with unrefined fuel if we are truly desperate!

My initial thoughts were that we wouldn't be able to use any "dirtside" facilities at all due to being "wanted dead or alive" planetwide. However, while I'm not suggesting we do anything other than be exceedingly cautious and covert, the reaction from other nation states on Ruie may not be easy to predict. In the murky politics of a balkanised world the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" may apply - at least to the extent of restricting the reach of any planned Luzon retribution. The Luzon may also have major political issues with declaring the loss of their covert pirate fleet!
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”