It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: [006] Rescue on Ruie!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
By morning, the grav carrier is loaded with half the gear you need (both hidden assault gear and camping gear) and John Lee is driving the craft out of the Star port and heading south. The passage through the externality line goes without a hitch. The guards only give you a cursory examination and see you off with a smile.

The air is cool this morning, but it looks like it is going to heat up and be a very hot day in the jungle. By the time you reach the Ranger Station it is already getting pretty warm as the orange sun beats down on you. The Rangers, again only make a quick once over the cargo of your vehicle. They warn you to be careful and to stay inside the fence boundaries as there are dangers south of that line.

Once past the Ranger Station what do you do?

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Eris wrote:
Once past the Ranger Station what do you do?


Zaki is along for the ride with her medkit and her sidearm, and she stays close to Carlos.

TGM: How did it go with Lady Jane?

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Sigrun turns to her comrades with a relieved smile “That went well! Now I suggest we use the same insertion route as before. Firstly we need to set down somewhere safe in the far eastern end of the preserve and strip our assault gear out of the G carrier’s chassis and gear up. From that point on we are engaged in the military phase of the operation. We then head down the coast and approach the base through the dense jungle below the tree canopy as before – John Lee knows the route. Whistler and I will then go in on foot and observe the base to develop Intel for the assault. We will carry water and rations for two days and if necessary exfiltrate via the same route up the coast. We should bring in the rest of the team the same way. We will secure the LZ, brief everyone and then position for the assault. I’ll be listening on the hour for any change”.

Sigrun’s initial goal is to confirm her suspicions regarding the apparent lack of any external patrols or sentries at the base. If sentries or observation posts are discovered she and Whistler plan to manoeuvre around them using their Recon skills. Her goal is to establish and camouflage a vantage point capable of giving good observation of the Luzon base’s workings and daytime routine so as to establish the strength and composition of the garrison. However, their primary goal is to identify the location of the POWs and get a confirmed sighting of Lord William. A dune overlooking the camp (but less close to the main gate) might be as good as it gets. Somewhere giving a view of the entrance to (or foot traffic from) the Quonset hut might be useful.

She will also attempt to observe the northern end of the camp (furthest from the radar dome) to establish the feasibility of a night time infiltration into the northernmost set of ruins.

She will use her armour’s IR/LI vision aids and weapon’s sights to her advantage during recon and her inertial locator to map and navigate around the environment.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun turns to her comrades with a relieved smile “That went well! Now I suggest we use the same insertion route as before. Firstly we need to set down somewhere safe in the far eastern end of the preserve and strip our assault gear out of the G carrier’s chassis and gear up. From that point on we are engaged in the military phase of the operation. We then head down the coast and approach the base through the dense jungle below the tree canopy as before – John Lee knows the route. Whistler and I will then go in on foot and observe the base to develop Intel for the assault. We will carry water and rations for two days and if necessary exfiltrate via the same route up the coast. We should bring in the rest of the team the same way. We will secure the LZ, brief everyone and then position for the assault. I’ll be listening on the hour for any change”.


Zaki nods, following the gist of the plan due to her experience with Imperial Army combat units. "I will stay in the G carrier, with," she glances at Carlos for his affirmation, "Carlos as the pilot. If something goes wrong, we can pick you up."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:15 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
With amiable bluntness Sigrun replies “I’d prefer it if he flew” and nods cheerily at John Lee “and if you two came with us. With your support on hand we could call the strike at will and have more options if it looks like we’re running out of time”.

With her kit extracted from the G carrier Sigrun reassembles, loads and safes her weapons with practiced economy. She then puts on her combat armour and tactical harness; each piece seeming to further disguise her feminine form. As a final act she takes up a small aerosol and uses it to spray black camo across both eyes. This may be to conceal her eyes through an open visor or because it makes her face resemble a skull. After a quick “buddy check” with Whistler she clips a plastic camo cover over the “heraldry” on the face of her helmet. With what appears to be her final mask in place she turns to Zaki and adds laconically “If you come I’d value your opinion”.

To John Lee she adds "We're ready. Put us in the treeline outside the base".

(OOC: Sigrun is clearly climbing into some slightly strange “Swordy” headspace. Thinking aloud: Zaki and/or Carlos (under cover as a noble's household staff) could wear their vacc suits through customs. It's a typical "city slicker" move to deal with hot climates).

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Tiglath wrote:
With what appears to be her final mask in place she turns to Zaki and adds laconically “If you come I’d value your opinion”.


Zaki shakes her head. "I'm no recon trooper. I'll stay with the vehicle unless you need me."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Sigrun simply nods and pulls on her helmet. She checks her comms with John Lee and then states "We're good to go".

She will grab a bag of heavy duty cable ties from the G carrier's maintenance bin to use as restraints for any prisoners.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun simply nods and pulls on her helmet. She checks her comms with John Lee and then states "We're good to go".

She will grab a bag of heavy duty cable ties from the G carrier's maintenance bin to use as restraints for any prisoners.


OOC: Is this go time? No further recon before you go dancing? If so, what's the plan again? Who is doing what, where and when?

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Sigrun (and Whistler hopefully!) are ready to carry out their recon prior to the team's strike while the rest of the team assemble at the base camp in a day's time. Same route in as before via G Carrier and recon plan as per below.

Recon plan:
1) move up to the base at night and assess the northern perimeter and ruins,
2) establish and conceal an observation point under cover of darkness and from that position study the daytime routine of the Luzon base to gather Intel for the team assault.

Sigrun’s initial task is to confirm her suspicions regarding the apparent lack of any external patrols through the dunes and identify any sentries or lookouts posted at the base.

Prior to establishing a static (daytime) observation point she will also attempt to observe the northern end of the camp (furthest from the radar dome) under cover of darkness to establish the feasibility only of a night time infiltration into the northernmost set of ruins on the base.

Her next goal is to establish a vantage point capable of giving good observation of the Luzon base on the reverse slope of a dune overlooking the camp using the local dune grasses for camouflage and concealment. Her intent is to observe the daytime workings and routine of the base so as to establish the strength, composition and location of the military garrison, other occupants (i.e. any starship or ground crew) and POWs. A position giving a view of the entrance to (or foot traffic from) the Quonset hut and/or the starships would be ideal.

The the primary goal of the recon is to get a confirmed sighting of the blond Lord William.

She will use her recon skill and her rifle and armour’s IR/LI vision aids and sights to her advantage during the recon.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun (and Whistler hopefully!) are ready to carry out their recon prior to the team's strike while the rest of the team assemble at the base camp in a day's time. Same route in as before via G Carrier and recon plan as per below.


Everyone okay with this? Anyone accompanying Sigrun and Whistler on their recon...maybe someone that can ID Lord William, hum?

Quote:
Recon plan:
1) move up to the base at night and assess the northern perimeter and ruins,
2) establish and conceal an observation point under cover of darkness and from that position study the daytime routine of the Luzon base to gather Intel for the team assault.

Sigrun’s initial task is to confirm her suspicions regarding the apparent lack of any external patrols through the dunes and identify any sentries or lookouts posted at the base.

Prior to establishing a static (daytime) observation point she will also attempt to observe the northern end of the camp (furthest from the radar dome) under cover of darkness to establish the feasibility only of a night time infiltration into the northernmost set of ruins on the base.

Her next goal is to establish a vantage point capable of giving good observation of the Luzon base on the reverse slope of a dune overlooking the camp using the local dune grasses for camouflage and concealment. Her intent is to observe the daytime workings and routine of the base so as to establish the strength, composition and location of the military garrison, other occupants (i.e. any starship or ground crew) and POWs. A position giving a view of the entrance to (or foot traffic from) the Quonset hut and/or the starships would be ideal.

The the primary goal of the recon is to get a confirmed sighting of the blond Lord William.

She will use her recon skill and her rifle and armour’s IR/LI vision aids and sights to her advantage during the recon.


I gave this a couple of days for others to comment on Tiglath's plan. No one did, so I guess everyone is okay with it. Here come results...

1. Getting a camp set up in the preserve where you can do your thing, but not be disturbed: (6+) [2d6] = 9 Success

2. Move up and do an initial recon without being seen or triggering an alarm: (8+) [2d6] = 11 Success

3. Sigrun’s initial task is to confirm her suspicions regarding the apparent lack of any external patrols through the dunes and identify any sentries or lookouts posted at the base: (6+) [2d6] = 4 Failure!

4. Prior to establishing a static (daytime) observation point she will also attempt to observe the northern end of the camp (furthest from the radar dome) under cover of darkness to establish the feasibility only of a night time infiltration into the northernmost set of ruins on the base. (6+) [2d6] = 6 Success

5. Establish and conceal an observation point under cover of darkness and from that position study the daytime routine of the Luzon base to gather Intel for the team assault: (8+) [2d6] = 11 Success

6. Her next goal is to establish a vantage point capable of giving good observation of the Luzon base on the reverse slope of a dune overlooking the camp using the local dune grasses for camouflage and concealment. Her intent is to observe the daytime workings and routine of the base so as to establish the strength, composition and location of the military garrison, other occupants (i.e. any starship or ground crew) and POWs. A position giving a view of the entrance to (or foot traffic from) the Quonset hut and/or the starships would be ideal. (10+) [2d6] = 11 Success!

Okay, to summarize:

Sigrun (and her team) sneak into the base. They find the fence is not trapped or set up with any sort of surveillance. There are a number of land mines partly buried in the sand inside the fence, but they aren't hidden well and are easy to bypass. You spend some time mapping the location of the mines.

While on their recon there are two drive by patrols of a jeep with two men aboard (driver and observer), neither see you, but they are making patrols. The packed sand in ruts show the jeep is making the same basic path running the length of the fence from near the beach to the north, to near the beach to the south of the base.

As your group enters the ruins just north of the ships and hut you observe a couple of small lights and as you draw closer see a pair of men lounging against a wall smoking cigarettes and talking in low voices. All you can hear is one saying to the other, "Big one's done. Should be done with the little guy by next week, then we can turn these ships over to their crews to fly out to the GG base, and we will get out of here." The other replies, "I thought this would be a cushie assignment at first, but now it's just boring. I'm ready to get back to the jungle and make a few raids."

The pair move off in opposite directions after finishing their smoke. It's a cursory patrol and from the paths in the sand they always walk the same route between the ruins and the beach in one direction and the ruins and the dunes in the other. It doesn't look like anyone is watching the area between the dunes and the beach south of the base, but crossing that area would leave anyone very exposed for several hundred meters. Getting into the ruins from the north was easy as the end of the fence is near the ruins and the dunes come further down. You'd still have to watch out for the jeep patrol, but it appears to be very regular, so easy to time.

You find a location inside the ruins where an observation post could be set up. It would give you a good view of the hut and the port sides of the ships. This is an excellent location. Coming from the north should be easy, but is harder to get to and from from the south as you'd have to come in from a long stretch of beach where there will be no cover. You'd have to time crossing the beach with both the foot and jeep patrols, again doable, but a bit more risky.

There is a spot near the top of the inner dune where a stunted tree and some sea oats provide cover. A foxhole dug in there would give a good view down onto the base with little chance of being discovered...if you cover your tracks and don't do something stupid like standing up and waving. This location would give a good view, although at a greater distance, of the entrance to the Hut and both ships. A sniper could do a lot of damage from this spot.

The first day of observation you see five different POW's moving from the larger ship to the smaller, each under guard. Among the POW's there are two women and three men. One of the men is tall and blond.

The POW's spend most of the day in the smaller ship, only coming out under guard to get items from the Hut to carry back into the smaller ship.

You count 8 Luzon moving about during the day, but there appears to be a "shift" change because a different 8 appear from the Hut to take over in the late afternoon. It's possible there are only 16 infantry here, but it is also likely that the four doing night patrols are not among the two shifts of 8 guarding the POW's during the day, and there are another 3 or 4 that you see who appear to be spending almost all their time in the Quonset Hut. All of the Luzon, except for one, are dressed in green camo coveralls. The exception is clearly an officer type. The officer type is wearing two pistols in a belt. The rest of the Luzon are armed with rifles. The guards are armed with SMG's. It looks like the Luzon are all housed in the Quonset Hut.

It appears that the POW's are housed in the larger ship, as all of them are taken in there in the evenings and don't come back out. There is a guard left at the passenger access hatch to that ship and there could be more inside, but from your counts not more than one or two. You note that the open cargo hatch near the rear of the large ship is not, apparently, guarded at all. As best you can tell the smaller ship is unoccupied and unguarded at night.

What now?

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Once past the Ranger Station what do you do?


Zaki is along for the ride with her medkit and her sidearm, and she stays close to Carlos.

TGM: How did it go with Lady Jane?


bump

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
joertexas wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Once past the Ranger Station what do you do?


Zaki is along for the ride with her medkit and her sidearm, and she stays close to Carlos.

TGM: How did it go with Lady Jane?


bump

Sorry.

She's fine, but pregnant. She shouldn't be going on the field mission. She'll stay aboard the ship.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Eris wrote:
She's fine, but pregnant. She shouldn't be going on the field mission. She'll stay aboard the ship.


Zaki gives her something mild to make her more comfortable. She avoids any questions about the father, and uses the diagnostics to determine how far along she probably is.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
[quote="Eris"] Anyone accompanying Sigrun and Whistler on their recon...maybe someone that can ID Lord William, hum? [quote]

(OOC: Alas, this very useful option for real time Intel fell foul of practicality (re: yacht crew) and (sadly) various Swordie prejudices .... :roll: As far as poor old Charlie goes the apparent "weak link" was going to have to work a miracle with his "warrior rep" to get picked by Sigrun for the recon. Oh, the pressures of being female in a male role in a male dominated "macho" warrior society ;) :)

However, if someone (or indeed a sober Charlie) makes the argument that he should come along then Sigrun would agree).


Sigrun speaks to Whistler, the team and the crew of the Old Dream regarding the recon and relays all that she has discovered via the most secure comms link possible.

She will send images back of the tall blond POW to confirm his identity / consult Charlie if he's come along as above.

She continues with adrenaline and mission focus seeming to thicken her accent “I have a good count of their numbers - twenty infantry plus an HQ fire team and an officer. There are also three or four guards holding the Jarl in the ship we are going to take - but, sadly for them, there are no Sword Worlders on their side. They call themselves raiders – we shall show them how it is done!”

“My proposal is this - we attack at 0300 local time on my call. Whistler and I will quietly deal with the outside sentries and then move on to the trader to secure both the Jarl and the team’s landing zone”.

“My suggestion is that the team insert as grav infantry using a high speed nap of earth approach – a manoeuvre against which our opponents have no counter. I have been flown by Mr Petamore. I believe he can get the G carrier through a 10 by 15 metre gap* wearing a blindfold and then has up to 45 metres for” she grins “discretionary deceleration. You will deploy direct into the cargo hold of the trader via the open rear doors ready to disembark and take up crew positions for take off”. She smiles “If Whistler and I have saved some fighting for you then at least this LZ will be as safe as possible. Also if, for any reason, the trader is not viable we can all get out in the G carrier”.

She continues “The Luzon occupying the hut will be none the wiser until they are engaged point blank by the Old Dream’s sandcaster. If necessary any of us who can be spared from the task of prepping the trader for take off will assist in their containment and suppression up to that point. Meanwhile we will require volunteers to put the lesser trader beyond use. My suggestion would be a 20 litre can of gasoline and a distress flare deposited into the avionics and computer – the missing bridge window will make it burn like a furnace”.

As an apparent afterthought she adds “As to casualties or prisoners this type of trader usually carries a number of low berths but I defer to Major Shursiia as to our immediate medical needs. However, myself and Captain Whistler may require standard mission detox** post action”.

(OOC:

*As per Traders and Gunboats.

** As a military medic Zaki will be aware of (if perhaps not entirely familiar) with this particular euphemism for the use by combatants of (illegal) combat drugs and/or (banned) metabolic accelerators which certainly give a combat “edge” but reap a toll on the users body when the “beneficial” effects wear off).

Edit above re: Charlie

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
[quote="Tiglath"]As an apparent afterthought she adds “As to casualties or prisoners this type of trader usually carries a number of low berths but I defer to Major Shursiia as to our immediate medical needs. However, myself and Captain Whistler may require standard mission detox** post action”.

Zaki frowns at the reference. The Imperial Army did not allow the use of performance enhancing drugs, for good reason, in her opinion. "I will be ready to assist," she says, keeping her opinion to herself.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Posts: 44
Tiglath wrote:
Eris wrote:
Anyone accompanying Sigrun and Whistler on their recon...maybe someone that can ID Lord William, hum?
Quote:

(OOC: Alas, this very useful option for real time Intel fell foul of practicality (re: yacht crew) and (sadly) various Swordie prejudices .... :roll: As far as poor old Charlie goes the apparent "weak link" was going to have to work a miracle with his "warrior rep" to get picked by Sigrun for the recon. Oh, the pressures of being female in a male role in a male dominated "macho" warrior society ;) :)

However, if someone (or indeed a sober Charlie) makes the argument that he should come along then Sigrun would agree).


Sigrun speaks to Whistler, the team and the crew of the Old Dream regarding the recon and relays all that she has discovered via the most secure comms link possible.

She will send images back of the tall blond POW to confirm his identity / consult Charlie if he's come along as above.

She continues with adrenaline and mission focus seeming to thicken her accent “I have a good count of their numbers - twenty infantry plus an HQ fire team and an officer. There are also three or four guards holding the Jarl in the ship we are going to take - but, sadly for them, there are no Sword Worlders on their side. They call themselves raiders – we shall show them how it is done!”

“My proposal is this - we attack at 0300 local time on my call. Whistler and I will quietly deal with the outside sentries and then move on to the trader to secure both the Jarl and the team’s landing zone”.

“My suggestion is that the team insert as grav infantry using a high speed nap of earth approach – a manoeuvre against which our opponents have no counter. I have been flown by Mr Petamore. I believe he can get the G carrier through a 10 by 15 metre gap* wearing a blindfold and then has up to 45 metres for” she grins “discretionary deceleration. You will deploy direct into the cargo hold of the trader via the open rear doors ready to disembark and take up crew positions for take off”. She smiles “If Whistler and I have saved some fighting for you then at least this LZ will be as safe as possible. Also if, for any reason, the trader is not viable we can all get out in the G carrier”.

She continues “The Luzon occupying the hut will be none the wiser until they are engaged point blank by the Old Dream’s sandcaster. If necessary any of us who can be spared from the task of prepping the trader for take off will assist in their containment and suppression up to that point. Meanwhile we will require volunteers to put the lesser trader beyond use. My suggestion would be a 20 litre can of gasoline and a distress flare deposited into the avionics and computer – the missing bridge window will make it burn like a furnace”.

As an apparent afterthought she adds “As to casualties or prisoners this type of trader usually carries a number of low berths but I defer to Major Shursiia as to our immediate medical needs. However, myself and Captain Whistler may require standard mission detox** post action”.

(OOC:

*As per Traders and Gunboats.

** As a military medic Zaki will be aware of (if perhaps not entirely familiar) with this particular euphemism for the use by combatants of (illegal) combat drugs and/or (banned) metabolic accelerators which certainly give a combat “edge” but reap a toll on the users body when the “beneficial” effects wear off).

Edit above re: Charlie


"If it's OK with you, I would prefer to do it without the blindfold." The almost ever present grin fades as John Lee continues, "I can provide backup in a firefight, but it would be rather embarrassing to catch a slug and not be able to fly you out."

_________________
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Eclipse wrote:
"If it's OK with you, I would prefer to do it without the blindfold." The almost ever present grin fades as John Lee continues, "I can provide backup in a firefight, but it would be rather embarrassing to catch a slug and not be able to fly you out."


She grins broadly at John Lee’s response but then continues levelly “Mr Petamore you know that I don’t fight fair - I propose to use every means I can to give us the advantage and to avoid a firefight with the Luzon if possible. However, if things don’t go to plan I will need all the help I can get!”

joertexas wrote:
"I will be ready to assist," she says, keeping her opinion to herself.


In belated acknowledgement that she is not speaking to the crew of a Sword World raider Sigrun drops her confident military tone and with deliberate care replies softly “Thank you, Zaki. Catch me when I fall”.


Once any further discussion of strategy is concluded Sigrun turns to Whistler and offers him a sealed tablet “Twenty of them and two of us - so I plan on giving myself a little edge. This is combat drug - factory grade and pure, not the Vargr stuff that makes you berserk. Yours if you want to use it”.

She continues “As to our own tactics for the attack I suggest that engaging the jeep is an unnecessary risk so we’ll let it go by and then move into the compound via the ruins. My gaussrifle has no muzzle flash and is nearly silent so I will lead and deal with the sentries while you watch my back. We then use the small trader to cover our approach to the rear doors of the big trader. Then we enter and secure the POWs. I think we both know it will likely get noisy after that - hopefully no one will turn up late”.

She produces a hip flask filled with mead and taking a pull from it offers it to Whistler “If you are ready then let’s begin”.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
As an apparent afterthought she adds “As to casualties or prisoners this type of trader usually carries a number of low berths but I defer to Major Shursiia as to our immediate medical needs. However, myself and Captain Whistler may require standard mission detox** post action”.

Zaki frowns at the reference. The Imperial Army did not allow the use of performance enhancing drugs, for good reason, in her opinion. "I will be ready to assist," she says, keeping her opinion to herself.

References:

Slow and Combat Drugs could come in handy, in a combat situation and Medical Slow for recovery from wounds. All three could have been purchased on Regina (or many other places), but not on Ruie.

As and aside, Fast Drug and its antidote could be the "low berth" of choice once they become available. A low berths become a rack of cots where a traveler naps for 3 hours and is awaken in the next system. The cost would be about 3,000 cr (2000cr for Fast, 900cr for Anti-Fast, and 100cr (1/10 a dton) for space for one sleeper. A ship could charge 4 or 5 Kcr and make a good profit. A better profit than taking most any cargo or even taking awake High Passengers.

EDIT: I meant to add this... The ship's dispensary has Medical Slow, but no straight Slow Drug.

Does anyone have any of that with them?

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun speaks to Whistler, the team and the crew of the Old Dream regarding the recon and relays all that she has discovered via the most secure comms link possible.

She will send images back of the tall blond POW to confirm his identity / consult Charlie if he's come along as above.


From the pictures taken of the tall blonde man you get confirmation from both Charile and Lady Jane that this is Wendy (from Charlie) and Lord William (from Lady Jane).

Captain Smith stands ready to file a fake flight plan and lift The Old Dream at your command to go. She will be over the Luzon Base 10 minutes after you give the signal.

Joe Whistler has a silencer for his SMG which will cut down on its noise considerably. He agrees that Sigrun and he should take out the sentries quietly and infiltrate the inner base. He thinks that is the time when the ship should be called and as the ship arrives the Grav Carrier and it's passengers should make their run at the ship's cargo hold. Whistler thanks Sigrun for the Combat Drug tablet, but as it only lasts 10 minutes won't take it until after you've taken out the sentries and are storming the ship.

OOC: Bruce, Frank and Keven aren't replying :( so, I'll NPC Pedro, Gupta and Carlos. I do hope all 3 of them start posting again and take their characters back!

So, it looks like the grav craft will have John Lee driving with Pedro, Gupta, Carlos, Zaki and Edwardo as passengers. The plan is for it to fly straight into the 400 dton ship's cargo hold.

Pedro and Carlos will head straight for the bridge while Gupta will head for Engineering start getting the ship prepped for lift. NPC Charlie is going to stick with Gupta on the way to Engineering, he's not an engineer, but he can watch Chandra's back and provide him cover while he works.

Because they are posting, Mark, Joe and Nuke get to post what John Lee, Zaki and Edwardo plan to do once inside the cargo hold. ;)

I'll give us some time: 1. to see if our wayward players come back, 2. for players to object or modify the attack plan and 3. for Mark, Joe and Nuke to post their intentions before we start implementing the attack.

Eris

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 412
Sorry, I haven't been posting, there hasn't really been much for Chandra to respond to, and yea, heading for engineering to run up the drives sounds good. Chandra will jump out of the APC (hmm, guess I never purchased any equipment... I think I settled on Shotgun for a weapon and have Dagger skill, so assume those plus I'll have a small bag with some favorite most useful tools - not going to lug full tool kits in this situation, and assume there will be plenty of tools available, but he will have full kits in the APC should the need arise, oh, and cloth and reflect armor).

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group