[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#161 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun continues gently “I won’t rest, you do help and I haven’t any problems that I can’t deal with”. A bright, unrepentant grin illuminates her features and she adds “Even so I’m grateful for your help and I'm sorry that I am such a truly awful patient”.
"I should record that speech," Zaki says dryly, "to save you the trouble of repeating it to me the next time you go into combat." She clasps Sigrun's shoulder. "Thank you for fighting for all of us. I'm sorry it costs you so much, but I do appreciate it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun laughs at Zaki’s humour and in response to her thanks instinctively smiles and replies “Ekki at thakka”. She smiles gently at her error and translates “There is nothing to thank - you are welcome. I too am grateful. Rescuing the Jarl will do my reputation no harm but if he saw me … afterwards … he would have thought less of me as a warrior”.

(OOC: Back from a short break and thought I’d posted this - but hadn’t! :oops: )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#163 Post by Eclipse »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun laughs at Zaki’s humour and in response to her thanks instinctively smiles and replies “Ekki at thakka”. She smiles gently at her error and translates “There is nothing to thank - you are welcome. I too am grateful. Rescuing the Jarl will do my reputation no harm but if he saw me … afterwards … he would have thought less of me as a warrior”.

(OOC: Back from a short break and thought I’d posted this - but hadn’t! :oops: )
John Lee moves closer, not overtly offering a hand, but letting her know that his assistance is available.

"That stuff burns a lot of energy. A solid meal is in order. Those crates in the hold are filled with MREs. Not the tastiest stuff, but packed with calories."
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Tiglath »

Startled, Sigrun locks a conflicted gaze on John Lee with her heterochromatic eyes and appears to be, in every sense, a study in contrasts. Her braided hair and camouflaged eyes combine with the combat armour still sheathing her lower body to give her a martial aspect. However, the underarmour covering her torso does little more than accentuate the toned femininity of her form.

She takes a painful half step towards John Lee then stops herself a maelstrom of confusion and doubt evident in her eyes. Her hand drops unbidden to the belt pouch where she keeps her stash of Stim tablets but then she tears it away. She looks at him and whatever she was going to say comes out as a nod and a grunt followed by “Carry my armour” then hastily and more softly “please. You are being kind and I am w… hungry”. She smiles gratefully at John lee then, suddenly conflicted again, she calls back to the medic “Zaki are you coming to eat?”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She smiles gratefully at John lee then, suddenly conflicted again, she calls back to the medic “Zaki are you coming to eat?”
"Yes." Zaki straightens from where she had been putting items in her backpack. "I'll get something for myself and the bridge crew."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:Our tanks are 50 tons right? How much fuel did we already have? Anyway, 4-5 hours for refueling.

Anything else we need before being space ready? Were they really this close to getting off with this ship? Consider Chandra is asking the former captive engineers.

Anyway, let's get on with it.
You have "flying around the system/running the power plant" fuel...10 tons aboard, but no "jump fuel." This is a 400 ton ship, so you'll need 40 tons to make the J1 to Regina.
Pedro hustles down to engineering and wrestles the purifier intake hoses out of their storage area, connects them to the purifiers and wrestles them out of the aft airlock into the water to start the fuel purification process. "Keep a sharp eye on the sensors. Edwardo! Don't want to be caught by surprise!"

He joins the others in engineering in getting the systems ready. He turns to William. "Oy, tovaplayo, William. You've pulled enough shift for today...there's someone over on the Dream who's waited a long time to to lay oyos on you..." He grins and claps him on the back "Tadaketting, compamio, tadaketting...sometimes we do get to find the ones left behind."
William blinks and asks the question, "Jane came to get me?"

He grins and exclaims as he heads for a hatch,"I'll be damned!"

With Pedro, Carlos and Chandra working together the ship is soon sucking up salt water from the ocean. The purifier is working and the tanks are filling. You have a little under four hours to go...

On the bridge, Edwardo watches the screens and listens to the radio. There is still a lot of buzz, but he sees nothing on the screens and hears nothing to indicate anyone knows where the two ships are hiding out.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:She smiles gratefully at John lee then, suddenly conflicted again, she calls back to the medic “Zaki are you coming to eat?”
"Yes." Zaki straightens from where she had been putting items in her backpack. "I'll get something for myself and the bridge crew."
Quick note 1: The sick POW is put into a Low Berth and the readings look like he's doing as well as can be expected. Next stop Regina.

Quick note 2: Whistler hasn't checked in...

Quick note 3: Someone will need to visit the cargo hold to get any MRE's you eat and someone might want to check the ship's locker/pantry to see what food and drink you have aboard...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Quick note 3: Someone will need to visit the cargo hold to get any MRE's you eat and someone might want to check the ship's locker/pantry to see what food and drink you have aboard...[/ooc]
Zaki picks up MREs for herself and the bridge crew (including Carlos) and goes to the bridge to deliver them. She then looks for a place to sit in the forward lounge.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#169 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
Pedro hustles down to engineering and wrestles the purifier intake hoses out of their storage area, connects them to the purifiers and wrestles them out of the aft airlock into the water to start the fuel purification process. "Keep a sharp eye on the sensors. Edwardo! Don't want to be caught by surprise!"

He joins the others in engineering in getting the systems ready. He turns to William. "Oy, tovaplayo, William. You've pulled enough shift for today...there's someone over on the Dream who's waited a long time to to lay oyos on you..." He grins and claps him on the back "Tadaketting, compamio, tadaketting...sometimes we do get to find the ones left behind."
William blinks and asks the question, "Jane came to get me?"

He grins and exclaims as he heads for a hatch,"I'll be damned!"

With Pedro, Carlos and Chandra working together the ship is soon sucking up salt water from the ocean. The purifier is working and the tanks are filling. You have a little under four hours to go...

On the bridge, Edwardo watches the screens and listens to the radio. There is still a lot of buzz, but he sees nothing on the screens and hears nothing to indicate anyone knows where the two ships are hiding out.
Unless the purifier needs full-time handholding, Pedro will take the four hours to explore the ship...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun struggles with her equipment as far as the forward lounge where she stows her assault gear. She calls Zaki on the comm “If Whistler failed to check in with you then we have a man down somewhere onboard”. Fearing the worst she switches channels to broadcast to all crew members “Whistler is MIA and believed a casualty check your compartments and adjacent areas and report in. Mr. Petamore and I will check the passenger corridor and then the cargo hold”.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun struggles with her equipment as far as the forward lounge where she stows her assault gear. She calls Zaki on the comm “If Whistler failed to check in with you then we have a man down somewhere onboard”. Fearing the worst she switches channels to broadcast to all crew members “Whistler is MIA and believed a casualty check your compartments and adjacent areas and report in. Mr. Petamore and I will check the passenger corridor and then the cargo hold”.
Chandra will check engineering. Beyond that, he will use the 4 hours to check through all of engineering, chatting with the former prisoners to get as complete an idea of the state of things as he can.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#172 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun struggles with her equipment as far as the forward lounge where she stows her assault gear. She calls Zaki on the comm “If Whistler failed to check in with you then we have a man down somewhere onboard”. Fearing the worst she switches channels to broadcast to all crew members “Whistler is MIA and believed a casualty check your compartments and adjacent areas and report in. Mr. Petamore and I will check the passenger corridor and then the cargo hold”.
Pedro comms "on it" Last he saw whistler he was headed for the passenger corridor to clear it, I think. Pedro heads up to there to look. "Edwardo, can you locate our comm signals on board? See if Whistler's is on?"
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro comms "on it" Last he saw whistler he was headed for the passenger corridor to clear it, I think. Pedro heads up to there to look. "Edwardo, can you locate our comm signals on board? See if Whistler's is on?"
Zaki checks the prisoners' quarters, and then goes to the passenger's quarters.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo taps the keyboard bringing up the comms tracker, at works to identify the folks on board.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#175 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:Quick note 3: Someone will need to visit the cargo hold to get any MRE's you eat and someone might want to check the ship's locker/pantry to see what food and drink you have aboard...[/ooc]
Zaki picks up MREs for herself and the bridge crew (including Carlos) and goes to the bridge to deliver them. She then looks for a place to sit in the forward lounge.
There is a dead body in the forward lounge and blood is on the floor, walls and has splattered the table as well.

Just to be clear, this is the guard who is dead in the lounge, not Whistler.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#176 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Unless the purifier needs full-time handholding, Pedro will take the four hours to explore the ship...
It doesn't, so Pedro is free to explore. Where is he exploring first?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#177 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo taps the keyboard bringing up the comms tracker, at works to identify the folks on board.
He can, and Whistler's comm puts him on the starboard side of the ship, about mid-ships. Probably, in the passenger corridor or one of the rooms along it.

Pedro, Sigrun and Zaki arrive in the passenger corridor almost simultaneously. There is no one in the corridor but all of the doors to the staterooms along this corridor appear to be open.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Pedro, Sigrun and Zaki arrive in the passenger corridor almost simultaneously. There is no one in the corridor but all of the doors to the staterooms along this corridor appear to be open.
"Sigrun, left side," Zaki points to her left, and then starts checking the staterooms to her right.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#179 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
Chandra will check engineering. Beyond that, he will use the 4 hours to check through all of engineering, chatting with the former prisoners to get as complete an idea of the state of things as he can.
Haley Zaminski sticks her head into the room with the fuel purifier where Chandra is doing a check and says, "I'm Haley do you need any help?"

She then asks, "Say, has anybody done anything about the missiles in the hold?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#180 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:Pedro, Sigrun and Zaki arrive in the passenger corridor almost simultaneously. There is no one in the corridor but all of the doors to the staterooms along this corridor appear to be open.
"Sigrun, left side," Zaki points to her left, and then starts checking the staterooms to her right.
Zaki looks in through one of the doors and Whistler's body is lying on the deck. He is alive, but unconscious. Joe might have had a bad reaction to coming off Combat Slow...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”