[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#41 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:
Eclipse wrote:He shares his plans with his teammates and asks, "Who is going to be riding herd on the prisoners we release? That is assuming there are any. Don't want any of them doing something silly and killing us all as we take off."
"I will", Zaki says firmly.
Sigrun grins and offers “Ja, standard rule for merchantmen "Passengers are not allowed to help fly the ship!" As long as they are alive and well they can wait for their guided tour and dinner with the Captain”.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by ffilz »

Crud, I never actually did equipment purchase...

Cloth, reflec, shotgun, ammo, auto pistol, ammo, dagger, small toolkit with favorite and critical tools.

Originally it was cautioned that I didn't need to purchase my own vacc suit, but that didn't really make sense unless I am being issued one. By selling my high passage, I have plenty of cash for a vacc suit, so let's assume I do have one, whether purchased myself or issued.

I don't think I need any more than that (filter mask or whatever if actually necessary).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Tiglath »

“Ýmirs eistna - heimsk víking!” Sigrun continues her stream of consciousness via the comm but eventually remembers to switch to a language spoken in the Imperium. “The other Luzon base is in the gas giant – the GG base! It’s an ideal situation for a raiding squadron. Unless we plan to visit we might want to keep Ruie between us and the gas giant on the way to our jump point or at least keep looking that way”.

(OOC: Sudden inspiration whilst walking the dogs! :) It might stand for something else but I think it's a good bet for a pirate base!)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:“Ýmirs eistna - heimsk víking!” Sigrun continues her stream of consciousness via the comm but eventually remembers to switch to a language spoken in the Imperium. “The other Luzon base is in the gas giant – the GG base! It’s an ideal situation for a raiding squadron. Unless we plan to visit we might want to keep Ruie between us and the gas giant on the way to our jump point or at least keep looking that way”.

(OOC: Sudden inspiration whilst walking the dogs! :) It might stand for something else but I think it's a good bet for a pirate base!)
Pedro says "Good idea, I'll bet you're right. We may need to pop over to someplace wet here on planet to fuel the J-drive on the merchanter we're liberating. Sure hope the fuel purifiers work!
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Eris »

The chat continues as everyone suits up and double checks their arms and armor. Then it's time to go.

The grav carrier sets down in the trees outside the chain link fence. Sigrun and Joe slip out and make their way, stealthily away. The rest of the party waits for their signal in the vehicle.

Working their way around to the north of the base our two scouts pass over the fence and into the ruins. They are in place, hiding in the shadows as the two guards approach each, pausing to smoke and chat before continuing their patrols. There is nothing to indicate that either of them are at all aware of the two of you only a few meters away.

OOC: I'm pausing here to let you conduct the attack, then I'll roll/judge how it goes.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
The grav carrier sets down in the trees outside the chain link fence.

OOC: I'm pausing here to let you conduct the attack, then I'll roll/judge how it goes.
Pedro quietly talks to Edwardo, Carlos and Gupta, fixing our takeoff checklists in our heads and in Pedro's case on the forearm display built into his vaccsuit for this purpose...presumably the others will be similarly set.

Pedro says"I'm not going to trust the list to be unlocked, but sending it up empty may gain us a moment of confusion of there are guards on the bridge. Edwardo, we won't immediately need nav, so what I suggest is that Carlos and I go up to the hatches at 2 and 3 on the plan here..."he points to the hatches at the front of the bridge "..then when we're ready. Edwardo sends up the lift, empty, Carlos and I will pop our heads up the hatch, and if there are guards we'll toss them a surprise." He hands Carlos one of the flashbangs he got from Sigrun.

"Don't forget to duck down again after the throw!"

He says "Ideas? Objections? If we get off I plan on doing some pretty tight NOE outta here, so hang on..."
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Tiglath »

Satisfied with the progress so far Sigrun steadies her breathing and continues to actively listen to try to gauge where the jeep patrol currently is judging from the engine noise.

Knowing that the jeep patrols the beach (east) side of the base her ambush will be set to engage the sentries when they transit the Northwest side of the ruins. She believes this is the area with least observation both from the rest of the base and also from the probable location of the jeep patrol. Overshoots from the engagement will carry only into the northern dunes.

She waits until the sentries habitually pause on their rounds (as per her observation) giving stationary targets. She waits until they begin an activity liable to last a short while (two cbt rounds) – smoking being ideal. She then acquires her target, elects to take a headshot and takes deliberate aim using her weapon’s advanced sights. Having cued Whistler to be ready to engage and allocated him his target by visual description she whispers “On target, standby” into the comm. Satisfied that she has her aim (one rd aiming) she then whispers “Ready?” and waits for Whistler’s acknowledgement. Directly following that transmission she says “Fire!” and engages her target with a four round burst to the head.

If the attack goes as planned the only noise she expects to hear is that of falling bodies and the cyclic action of Whistler’s SMG.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Nuke66 »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote:
The grav carrier sets down in the trees outside the chain link fence.

Pedro quietly talks to Edwardo, Carlos and Gupta, fixing our takeoff checklists in our heads and in Pedro's case on the forearm display built into his vaccsuit for this purpose...presumably the others will be similarly set.

Pedro says"I'm not going to trust the list to be unlocked, but sending it up empty may gain us a moment of confusion of there are guards on the bridge. Edwardo, we won't immediately need nav, so what I suggest is that Carlos and I go up to the hatches at 2 and 3 on the plan here..."he points to the hatches at the front of the bridge "..then when we're ready. Edwardo sends up the lift, empty, Carlos and I will pop our heads up the hatch, and if there are guards we'll toss them a surprise." He hands Carlos one of the flashbangs he got from Sigrun.

"Don't forget to duck down again after the throw!"

He says "Ideas? Objections? If we get off I plan on doing some pretty tight NOE outta here, so hang on..."
"Ahh, umm, ok. I can do that." Edwardo says

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:He says "Ideas? Objections? If we get off I plan on doing some pretty tight NOE outta here, so hang on..."
"I will follow behind you, since the POWs are probably on the upper deck," Zaki says. She checks her medical backpack and her weapon one last time. Satisfied, she sits next to Carlos and reaches for his hand. "You be careful, okay?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#50 Post by Eclipse »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:He says "Ideas? Objections? If we get off I plan on doing some pretty tight NOE outta here, so hang on..."
"I will follow behind you, since the POWs are probably on the upper deck," Zaki says. She checks her medical backpack and her weapon one last time. Satisfied, she sits next to Carlos and reaches for his hand. "You be careful, okay?"
John Lee gives his signature grin as he addresses Carlos, "I suggest we head up using a different path. If we all head up the same way, someone could come the other way and flank us."
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Satisfied with the progress so far Sigrun steadies her breathing and continues to actively listen to try to gauge where the jeep patrol currently is judging from the engine noise.

Knowing that the jeep patrols the beach (east) side of the base her ambush will be set to engage the sentries when they transit the Northwest side of the ruins. She believes this is the area with least observation both from the rest of the base and also from the probable location of the jeep patrol. Overshoots from the engagement will carry only into the northern dunes.

She waits until the sentries habitually pause on their rounds (as per her observation) giving stationary targets. She waits until they begin an activity liable to last a short while (two cbt rounds) – smoking being ideal. She then acquires her target, elects to take a headshot and takes deliberate aim using her weapon’s advanced sights. Having cued Whistler to be ready to engage and allocated him his target by visual description she whispers “On target, standby” into the comm. Satisfied that she has her aim (one rd aiming) she then whispers “Ready?” and waits for Whistler’s acknowledgement. Directly following that transmission she says “Fire!” and engages her target with a four round burst to the head.

If the attack goes as planned the only noise she expects to hear is that of falling bodies and the cyclic action of Whistler’s SMG.
Whistler's SMG chugs as it spits out a burst...( 2 slugs hit doing 12 & 7 damage ). The guard is knocked forward and spun around lying in a heap on the ground face up. If you check you will find he is dead.

Sigrun's gauss rifle makes a low whirring sound as it spits out its round (hits Very Difficult doing 20 damage. Sigrun's target falls straight forward flat on his face, dead before he knows what happened.

OOC: Now what? You haven't given either the ship or the grav vehicle a "Go" order yet, is that next?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Eris »

Eclipse wrote:
joertexas wrote:
John Lee gives his signature grin as he addresses Carlos, "I suggest we head up using a different path. If we all head up the same way, someone could come the other way and flank us."
Continue to use this deckplan... 400 ton Merchant
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun keys her comms and sends to the Old Dream “Hermod this is Valkyrie. Move now! On arrival fire on the Quonset hut, danger close - my call”. She sets a ten minute countdown as she listens hard for the jeep patrol and covers Whistler as he confirms the kills and drags the bodies further into concealment within the ruins. To the G carrier she sends "Two kills, moving to target - standby".

She then nods to Whistler and takes point leading off north towards the smaller camouflaged trader. Moving through the shadows beneath the space craft she takes her time, checking the ten minutes counting off the chrono on her armoured forearm. Easing forward around the landing gear of the starship she looks for the sentry standing at the lateral airlock of the 400T trader. If she spots him she moves to close the range and optimise her shot. She checks the countdown again while indicating to Whistler that he is also to engage the sentry on her call.

With nine minutes gone she speaks softly to her comrade “Whistler, sentry then boarding action - you ready?” She lifts her visor and squeezes the tablet into her mouth and washes it down with mead offering the flask to Whistler. As she feels her heart rate start to accelerate she smiles like a wolf in the darkness. She closes her visor and removes the cover from the heraldry on her armour’s faceplate “Let’s unleash Hel”.

As the countdown expires she keys her comm again calling the waiting team “G carrier – attack now. Old Dream is inbound. I advise you come in hot“.

She aims at the sentry this time electing a bodyshot and a four round burst. Whistler will fire with her at the same target. Their cue to fire will be the G carrier's acknowledgement of the attack order.

(OOC: As per my understanding of both maps the 400T trader must be nose on to the Quonset hut with its lateral airlock visible from the smaller trader. Clearly I'm outlining Sigrun's intent not the outcome and I hope the actions described covered the appropriate timeframe. I assume actions/timeframe will soon become "tactical". She believes the Old Dream is imminent - but who knows ;) ).

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
Eclipse wrote: John Lee gives his signature grin as he addresses Carlos, "I suggest we head up using a different path. If we all head up the same way, someone could come the other way and flank us."
See the bottom deck plan; there's only one path forward form the aft bay (unless the forward one is open too. Pedro's proposing that we have three approaches. Pedro will take the left side turret hatch, Carlos to the right hand one, and Edwardo one to trigger the lift..unoccupied. In theory the lift opening will distract any guards on the bridge, giving me and Carlos time to pop out and toss the flash bangs if necessary, then neutralize the guards. It always works on the tri-D anyway :-)
Blade.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by ffilz »

I'm assuming the main engineering controls are on the upper deck engineering compartment, but it may make sense for him to just go to the maneuver drive room on the lower deck.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:I'm assuming the main engineering controls are on the upper deck engineering compartment, but it may make sense for him to just go to the maneuver drive room on the lower deck.
Yes, main controls are on the upper deck. There are controls there for the Power Plant, Jump Drive, M Drives, Fuel Purifier and Fuel Pumps, and Life Support. There are Aux controls for the M Drives, Fuel Pumps and Fuel Purifier on the lower deck Engineering spaces as well.

Well, I'd think you'd want to get things going in this order: Power Plant, Fuel pumps, M Drives, Life Support, and finally Jump Drives. That's just my opinion, though. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by ffilz »

Yup, that's a good order. To the upper deck engineering it is. I'm inclined to go up via one of the aux spaces though rather than pop up into that airlock on the upper deck.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote:
Eclipse wrote: John Lee gives his signature grin as he addresses Carlos, "I suggest we head up using a different path. If we all head up the same way, someone could come the other way and flank us."
See the bottom deck plan; there's only one path forward form the aft bay (unless the forward one is open too. Pedro's proposing that we have three approaches. Pedro will take the left side turret hatch, Carlos to the right hand one, and Edwardo one to trigger the lift..unoccupied. In theory the lift opening will distract any guards on the bridge, giving me and Carlos time to pop out and toss the flash bangs if necessary, then neutralize the guards. It always works on the tri-D anyway :-)
OOC: On the lower deck deck plans, the rectangles in the Central Cargo Section aren't really there. They just show a "typical storage pattern" where standard sized cargo modules are used. You don't know what is actually in the cargo hold!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: OOC: On the lower deck deck plans, the rectangles in the Central Cargo Section aren't really there. They just show a "typical storage pattern" where standard sized cargo modules are used. You don't know what is actually in the cargo hold!
Well THIS should be fun! :lol:

Pedro checks his vaccsuit, vest, shotgun and pistol for the 9,348th time...he's as ready as he'll ever be...
Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”