Eris
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (005) Ready for Ruie!

#61 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra

"If you want a taxi, you can find them through the Terminal Building, that way." the guard points.
Carlos pays attention as he unloads his pockets. "This okay?" He indicates his Scout multitool.
"Yes, Sir." the Terminal Security Guard nods, "No firearms. Your Japur Army Knife is okay. Oh, and just to let you know. The No Firearms rules apply to off worlders. Locals here can own shotguns and in other of our nation states the rules are even more loose. We *all* agree, though, non-Ruieans may not carry any firearms."
Zaki waits with Carlos while the others clear Customs. When they are done, she leads the group to a place where they can stand without being in the traffic flow. "I would like to start with the local library. Should we stay together, or split up?"
Library sounds like a good idea.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Library sounds like a good idea.
Zaki shrugs. "It's a place to start, at least."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Eris »

Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra

The quintet moves toward the sliding glass double doors leading out into Tabor City. Carlos has his eyes down working on his comm unit. He is a bit surprised that they do have a data net. He cannot log in unless he makes an account and that would require a local banking number...then he notices a link to "External Visitor Login." When he taps that link he is presented with a series of menus that eventually leads him to The Old Dream. He does have a username and password to the ship's data net and this will let him associate that account to the Tabor network and....he's in!

Just about the time Carlos gets logged into the local network, the group reaches the sliding double doors. Stepping outside onto a raised platform you see several jitneys and taxis unloading and waiting for passengers.

A woman in a red cap walks over to your group and says, "Do you need transportation into the city?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by joertexas »

The quintet moves toward the sliding glass double doors leading out into Tabor City. Carlos has his eyes down working on his comm unit. He is a bit surprised that they do have a data net. He cannot log in unless he makes an account and that would require a local banking number...then he notices a link to "External Visitor Login." When he taps that link he is presented with a series of menus that eventually leads him to The Old Dream. He does have a username and password to the ship's data net and this will let him associate that account to the Tabor network and....he's in!

Just about the time Carlos gets logged into the local network, the group reaches the sliding double doors. Stepping outside onto a raised platform you see several jitneys and taxis unloading and waiting for passengers.

A woman in a red cap walks over to your group and says, "Do you need transportation into the city?"
Zaki gently steers Carlos along while he works on the local datanet. When the woman approaches, she makes eye contact and nods. "Yes, there are five of us to go into the city."

JR
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Eris »

Present: Sigrun, John Lee
Tiglath wrote:
Eris wrote:The Officer laughs, "I know we have the reputation for not liking the Impies at all, but it's really just the government we don't like. Most of us haven't anything against the people themselves."
Sigrun replies “Ja, I agree with that. But you said “most of us”? Are there any folk we should steer our Imperial clients away from in Tabor City or the wilderness?”
"Like anywhere, I suppose." he replies, "Stay out of the low town, for sure! None of us would go in there without an armored car and a squad of Rangers. Then there's Luzon, of course. Not much trouble from them in the upper city, or other civilized places, but there's been some trouble from them raiding outlying communities south of Breven."

"There's a big hunting area just east of Breven, you might want to stay away from that one on this trip. I'm sure the government will eventually clean that area out, but right now..."
he shakes his head.

There are four hunting perserves around Tabor City. One is east of a small town called Breven about 80 km south of Tabor City, it consists of rain forest and mangrove swamps along a large bay. Two is about 40 km due west of Tabor City and most favored by casual hunters, it is a hilly area with rain forest there in the valleys and more temperate forests up the sides of the hills. Third is just north of the second area and has even more hills and two active volcanoes. Four is 150 km north of Tabor City up on a plateau, it is more open with a mixture of trees and meadows and is more sub-tropical while the others are more tropical.

Which one are you checking out?

Tiglath wrote:On the flight to the Rangers’ station Sigrun monitors the passive sensor array for any radar/ladar painting the G carrier from the ground (or orbit). If any is detected she asks John Lee to occasionally dip through the tree canopy or follow a waterway to attempt to temporarily break radar contact. She will also record the data to map any areas where there is no coverage.

On arrival at the Rangers’ station she will look for any bays obviously marked for arriving air vehicles and suggest John Lee sets down in one planning to fully cooperate with the Rangers' procedures.
I'll need to know which way your going to answer the above.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun appears concerned and replies “I was unaware of any trouble so thank you for the warning! Who or what is Luzon?”

She adds “We might have to change our plans to use the Breven preserve – I will inform my employer. Do you know what’s going on down there? I suppose the local Rangers would be able to advise us better?”

(OOC: Sigrun will shortly get this new information with the team via her comms. She will not speak in direct terms of the operation but a conversation sharing the "public domain" information about the hunting conditions around Breven shouldn’t need to be too cryptic to get the information across whilst maintaining operational security).

Edited.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:

Zaki gently steers Carlos along while he works on the local datanet. When the woman approaches, she makes eye contact and nods. "Yes, there are five of us to go into the city."

JR
Carlos glances up. "What, dear? Oh, okay. Looks like the locals do have a datanet." He turns off his phone and smiles at her.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos glances up. "What, dear? Oh, okay. Looks like the locals do have a datanet." He turns off his phone and smiles at her.
Zaki meets his gaze, and her dimples show around her mask as she smiles. She takes a breath to settle her emotions. The second day in jump, she had asked him to help her with her resistance training rather than go show her scarred body in the ship's gym. She'd expected to feel uneasy about allowing a man she barely knew to touch her, but it hadn't been that way with Carlos. Not at all. Then, his words register. "Oh, they do? How did you get in?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos glances up. "What, dear? Oh, okay. Looks like the locals do have a datanet." He turns off his phone and smiles at her.
Zaki meets his gaze, and her dimples show around her mask as she smiles. She takes a breath to settle her emotions. The second day in jump, she had asked him to help her with her resistance training rather than go show her scarred body in the ship's gym. She'd expected to feel uneasy about allowing a man she barely knew to touch her, but it hadn't been that way with Carlos. Not at all. Then, his words register. "Oh, they do? How did you get in?"
Carlos shrugs. "I just searched around, caught a signal somehow, just kept clicking away until it let me in."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos shrugs. "I just searched around, caught a signal somehow, just kept clicking away until it let me in."
"I'll try it once we get in the taxi."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun appears concerned and replies “I was unaware of any trouble so thank you for the warning! Who or what is Luzon?”

She adds “We might have to change our plans to use the Breven preserve – I will inform my employer. Do you know what’s going on down there? I suppose the local Rangers would be able to advise us better?”
"The Luzan? I guess you could call them terrorists because they use terror, or maybe rebels because they are certainly in rebellion against every national government on Ruie. Maybe more accurate to call them a gang of criminals who are using terror to get what they want which is control of the whole world." he says, "Of course, if you asked them, they'd say they were cleansing Ruie of the weak and corrupt, so they could unite the strong into a single Ruian government, that they control."

"They were made semi-legit during the recent war because they were useful in fighting the Imperium. Once the war ended, though, every country in the world declared them outlaw and is trying to squash them. There are a lot more of us than them, so we'll win in the end, but right now they are a regular PITA."

"I don't know what's going on down in Breven. All I know is it's not safe down there right now. Especially not safe for Impies."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:A woman in a red cap walks over to your group and says, "Do you need transportation into the city?"

JR
She waves to one of the passenger vans and it pulls over and as the side door slides open the driver, leans over and says calls through the open door, "Where to friends?"

The five of you pile into the van. There are three rows of passenger seats, one seat on either side of a central corridor. The driver's seat is up front. You each have to pass him on the way to the passenger seats behind him. You can insert a debit/credit card into a slot next to the driver's seat to make payment. It appears he will also accept cash, although none of you have any local coin or currency.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:A woman in a red cap walks over to your group and says, "Do you need transportation into the city?"

JR
She waves to one of the passenger vans and it pulls over and as the side door slides open the driver, leans over and says calls through the open door, "Where to friends?"

The five of you pile into the van. There are three rows of passenger seats, one seat on either side of a central corridor. The driver's seat is up front. You each have to pass him on the way to the passenger seats behind him. You can insert a debit/credit card into a slot next to the driver's seat to make payment. It appears he will also accept cash, although none of you have any local coin or currency.
Zaki speaks up. "We would like to go to the city library, but I don't have any local currency. Do you take Imperial credits?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by Eris »

JR wrote:Zaki speaks up. "We would like to go to the city library, but I don't have any local currency. Do you take Imperial credits?"
"Yes to both, lady. I'll take any coins that'll spend." says the driver with a grin, "Big public library in center city okay by you?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by joertexas »

JR wrote:Zaki speaks up. "We would like to go to the city library, but I don't have any local currency. Do you take Imperial credits?"
"Yes to both, lady. I'll take any coins that'll spend." says the driver with a grin, "Big public library in center city okay by you?"
"Yes, that will be fine. How much for the five of us?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
"For a trip to the library for all five a you, that'a be 250 topas, that 25 impie credits to you.
Hire me cab for the day for 900 topas and I drive you anywhere you want to go all time. What you say, Lady?"
he says with a grin.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:
"For a trip to the library for all five a you, that'a be 250 topas, that 25 impie credits to you.
Hire me cab for the day for 900 topas and I drive you anywhere you want to go all time. What you say, Lady?"
he says with a grin.[/quote]
Carlos pulls out a 100Cr note. "Works for me. Keep the change."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:"For a trip to the library for all five a you, that'a be 250 topas, that 25 impie credits to you.
he says with a grin.
Carlos pulls out a 100Cr note. "Works for me. Keep the change."
"That will be fine." Zaki starts to reach for her pocket, and then stops as Carlos pays the cabbie. When he's ready, Zaki takes a seat across from Carlos, and brings up her comm and holo display to access the local datanet. "How did you get in, again?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun will thank the Customs Officer and, with his permission, clear customs. She will then place a call to the Tabor City team and relay all of the new “public domain” information on Luzon and the hunting preserves that she has discovered from the Customs Officer.

She cryptically concludes her report with “Well, it appears the information from the brochure for this trip was incomplete. I now believe the species we are after must be in the Breven preserve. John Lee and I are going to fly down there and update our knowledge of the local hunting conditions. We will maintain contact with the yacht every few hours and should be back tonight”.

Provided John Lee is game she will suggest visiting the Ranger station outside the Breven hunting preserve to gather more local intelligence on Luzon and the conditions thereabouts (as well as ELINT as stated earlier). She leaves the flight path and approach entirely in the capable hands of her partner but makes sure she can access a rifle in flight if necessary and tightens her safety harness.

(OOC: From the information we have it appears Luzon have raided to the South of Breven. Although they may be active throughout the whole area my understanding is that the place is not (yet?) an active warzone).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”