(004) Aboard The Old Dream

Eris
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (004) Aboard The Old Dream

#21 Post by ffilz »

Chandra will drop his luggage where directed and head to the lounge to start getting to know his new crew mates and await cabin assignment.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote:Upon being informed of the crew dispositions Sigrun comments “No gunners - so we go into the DMZ unarmed? Then I hope the Captain can drop us out of jump in close orbit!”

She wheels one of her larger cases through to stake a claim in an empty stateroom. She then fetches the rest of her kit and, after stowing it all very neatly into the minimum space, swaps her civilian long coat for a well worn crew jacket. She sighs, mutters something to herself about meeting new people, and stuffs her backup autopistol into a pocket before going through to the lounge and asking the steward for a beer.
Carlos says, "Hopefully, we won't need to shoot at anybody. This crate is a yacht. They're never gunned."
joertexas wrote:Zaki directs Carlos to the lounge area, where the subject of cabins comes up. She leans close to him and speaks earnestly in a low voice. "If you don't mind, I'd rather share a cabin with you than someone I don't know." Her cheeks color a little, and there is no hint of seductiveness in her manner.
He nods, and says in a low voice, "I'm used to multigendered barracking. Just, please, don't laugh too hard when you see me starkers..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:He nods, and says in a low voice, "I'm used to multigendered barracking. Just, please, don't laugh too hard when you see me starkers..."
Zaki glances at Carlos, and then looks downward while her voice drops to a whisper. "I have scars; lots of them. I don't want the others to see."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo embarks on the yacht. "Good afternoon." He says. "I trust our freight has arrived." He asks of the man checking the rest of the cargo on board.

He walks up the gangplank and joins the others. Extending his hand, he greets the newcomers, "Edwardo Muscha, Pleased to meet you."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:He nods, and says in a low voice, "I'm used to multigendered barracking. Just, please, don't laugh too hard when you see me starkers..."
Zaki glances at Carlos, and then looks downward while her voice drops to a whisper. "I have scars; lots of them. I don't want the others to see."
Carlos squeezes her arm gently. "I won't say a word." He looks around. "What cabin is still open?"
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo embarks on the yacht. "Good afternoon." He says. "I trust our freight has arrived." He asks of the man checking the rest of the cargo on board.
"Checking it in now, my lord." the man says touching the brim of his cap.
He walks up the gangplank and joins the others. Extending his hand, he greets the newcomers, "Edwardo Muscha, Pleased to meet you."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos squeezes her arm gently. "I won't say a word." He looks around. "What cabin is still open?"
"I don't know." Zaki leads Carlos over to the steward. "Do you have a cabin for us?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Tiglath »

Nuke66 wrote:He walks up the gangplank and joins the others. Extending his hand, he greets the newcomers, "Edwardo Muscha, Pleased to meet you."
Sigrun introduces herself to Edwardo.
bruce.desertrat wrote: He looks over the ship "Nice little boat. It'll be nice to get out again; dirtballs are ok, but I like nice clean vacuum.."
Sigrun replies “I’ve always heard the call of deep space and love its beauty but for me vacuum was always the beast within the void – a childish fear”.
Keven wrote:Carlos says, "Hopefully, we won't need to shoot at anybody. This crate is a yacht. They're never gunned."
In response she replies “They are luxury transports for folk with much wealth to lose and hardpoints and fire control are available within the hull. To me it just seems rather reckless not to install weapons for self defence”.

(OOC: sorry for any delay in posting I've been waiting for a time on the board when I'm on as me! Apparently Ctrl F5 scares away the gremlins and puts things to rights).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#29 Post by Eclipse »

John Lee Petamore collects his gear from the Downport taxi and tips the driver.
Turning toward the yacht, he tips his boonie hat back gives a low whistle, "Fancy."
Shrugging on his backpack, and grabbing the handle of his footlocker, he crosses the
boarding hatch and looks for someone who looks like they are in charge.

Anyone seeing him arrive will see an average looking human, bit on the lanky side.
His attire, boonie hat, brightly colored floral patter shirt, cargo shorts, and, sandals,
will lead an experienced Traveller to identify him as a member of the Imperial
Interstellar Scout Service, or a drunk tourist who has gotten lost.

A very experienced Traveller will know that the difference between the two is often slim.
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by joertexas »

Eclipse wrote:John Lee Petamore collects his gear from the Downport taxi and tips the driver.
Turning toward the yacht, he tips his boonie hat back gives a low whistle, "Fancy."
Shrugging on his backpack, and grabbing the handle of his footlocker, he crosses the

Anyone seeing him arrive will see an average looking human, bit on the lanky side.
His attire, boonie hat, brightly colored floral patter shirt, cargo shorts, and, sandals,

A very experienced Traveller will know that the difference between the two is often slim.
Zaki leans close to Carlos. "I think he frequents the same tailor as you."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eclipse wrote:John Lee Petamore collects his gear from the Downport taxi and tips the driver.

Zaki leans close to Carlos. "I think he frequents the same tailor as you."
Carlos chuckles. "I told you, it's our official unofficial uniform."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "I told you, it's our official unofficial uniform."
Zaki grins. "Well, go talk with him while I get our cabin." She releases Carlos' arm and walks over to the steward. The term 'our' had just rolled of her tongue, and Zaki only felt good about it. Finding the steward, she stepped up and smiled. "Carlos and I would like to share a cabin, please."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun goes over to greet John Lee “Velkominn, I am Sigrun Volsung” she is blond, tall and athletically built with her obviously feminine figure covered by a military style shirt and trousers tucked into worn combat boots. A faded crew jacket with some of the patches and rank tabs obviously removed tops off her outfit. She wears a heavy calibre automatic on her thigh and carries a beer in her off hand. She seems a little tense but tries a smile as she indicates Carlos making his way over “If any more of you turn up you’ll be able to conduct a survey!”

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by Eclipse »

John Lee offers his hand to Sigrun with a smile, "Pleased to meet you, Ma'am. John Lee Petamore, recently of the IISS, at your service."
"Who do I see to check in and get a rack assigned?"
He casts a glance at the beer in her hand, "Even more importantly, who do I see for lubrication?"
Into the Marches
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "I told you, it's our official unofficial uniform."
Zaki grins. "Well, go talk with him while I get our cabin." She releases Carlos' arm and walks over to the steward. The term 'our' had just rolled of her tongue, and Zaki only felt good about it. Finding the steward, she stepped up and smiled. "Carlos and I would like to share a cabin, please."
"'k." He wanders over to Petamore and says. "Carlos Mitsume, Chief Scout, out of Daibei." He glances at the steward. "And where do I check my 'friend'?" He taps his automatic.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Tiglath »

Eclipse wrote:John Lee offers his hand to Sigrun with a smile, "Pleased to meet you, Ma'am. John Lee Petamore, recently of the IISS, at your service."
"Who do I see to check in and get a rack assigned?"
He casts a glance at the beer in her hand, "Even more importantly, who do I see for lubrication?"
She fixes him with her striking heterochromatic eyes (green and blue) and returns his handshake firmly. He sees a moment of fleeting uncertainty when he calls her “Ma’am” but then she seems to instinctively come to a decision and broadens her smile. She hands him her own (untouched) glass of beer and adds “Staterooms? Oh - I just took one! If you are the John Lee Petamore that doesn’t snore, has no pets, parasites or diseases then you are in with me”.

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#38 Post by Eclipse »

John Lee grins, "That would be me. Thanks!"
He hands the beer back, "That's very kind, but I would prefer Bourbon. Regina produces some fine ones. "
Into the Marches
7A7865

Eclipse
Strider
Strider

#39 Post by Eclipse »

Keven wrote:
joertexas wrote:
"'k." He wanders over to Petamore and says. "Carlos Mitsume, Chief Scout, out of Daibei." He glances at the steward. "And where do I check my 'friend'?" He taps his automatic.
"Good to meet you Chief. You get caught in the post war RIF also?"
Into the Marches
7A7865

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

#40 Post by bluekieran2 »

Another taxi pulls up further down the dock, and a tall, well-built man who appears to be about thirty but is dressed more like someone in his early twenties, in a tight "muscle" shirt and slim fit jeans. He approaches a free trader docked two berths down, drops his bags and appears to have a brief conversation at the airlock intercom before picking up the bags again and heading towards the Old Dream.
Into The Marches: Joe Whistler, 7B9378, 30, Army Captain, (3 terms).
Rifle-2, SMG-2, Vacc Suit-1, Brawling-1, Gunnery-1, Mechanic-1, Recon-1.
10,000 cr, SMG.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”