It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:17 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
[quote="Keven"]OOC NAILED IT!!! :D[quote="Keven"]

(OOC: Well, if I left you a few clues I was hopefully playing my character right! ;) :) )


Seeing Zaki upset Sigrun simply gets up and gives her a hug because, to her, it seems like the right thing to do. She softly whispers "Cry the tears that I can not and catch me when I fall".

She will then address her new comrades “I am a Sword Worlder but I am now an Imperial citizen. I am also a professional and have no issue working with any of you. I have experience in raiding actions - both ship to ship and orbital assault. I also have knowledge of what Lord Edwardo might call “grey markets” and other local knowledge that might be useful to your team if you begin trading in this area”.

She continues "Zaki and I were talking about whether this new group needs a leader. I’ll leave that to you all to decide. Perhaps all we need to do is form groups for tasks as we identify them. Soon we will make planetfall and we will need to have someone good with people interview this Jose – Lord Edwardo perhaps? The rest of us just need to facilitate that happening. For my part I will provide security for that interview”.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Tiglath wrote:
Seeing Zaki upset Sigrun simply gets up and gives her a hug because, to her, it seems like the right thing to do. She softly whispers "Cry the tears that I can not and catch me when I fall".


Zaki is startled, but she relaxes and accepts Sigrun's hug. "Thank you," she says after a moment.

Tiglath wrote:
She will then address her new comrades “I am a Sword Worlder but I am now an Imperial citizen. I am also a professional and have no issue working with any of you. I have experience in raiding actions - both ship to ship and orbital assault. I also have knowledge of what Lord Edwardo might call “grey markets” and other local knowledge that might be useful to your team if you begin trading in this area”.

She continues "Zaki and I were talking about whether this new group needs a leader. I’ll leave that to you all to decide. Perhaps all we need to do is form groups for tasks as we identify them. Soon we will make planetfall and we will need to have someone good with people interview this Jose – Lord Edwardo perhaps? The rest of us just need to facilitate that happening. For my part I will provide security for that interview”.


"If we are to have a leader," Zaki says, "I would say Edwardo is the best choice. He is the eldest of us, and his background lends itself to seeing the big picture in situations. And," she smiles at him, "rank does have its privileges."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:57 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Sigrun can’t fail to notice Chandra floating about the gym with the gravity turned off and will assess his EVA skills. “Chandra you know enough to survive in vacuum and zero G but you will die in your first firefight. I’ll trade you – if you learn how to shoot from me or Whistler then I’ll teach you how to board starships. Do we have a deal?”

(OOC: Sigrun can teach him Rifle, Pistol, Vacc Suit or Zero G while Whistler has SMG. Choose any skill she has (in any order you like) and she will help him learn it).

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 412
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun can’t fail to notice Chandra floating about the gym with the gravity turned off and will assess his EVA skills. “Chandra you know enough to survive in vacuum and zero G but you will die in your first firefight. I’ll trade you – if you learn how to shoot from me or Whistler then I’ll teach you how to board starships. Do we have a deal?”

(OOC: Sigrun can teach him Rifle, Pistol, Vacc Suit or Zero G while Whistler has SMG. Choose any skill she has (in any order you like) and she will help him learn it).

Hmm, realizing the rules here are CE, I'm actually not familiar enough with how they work to choose, with CT rules, probably would have been most interested in Shotgun as a weapon (he's got no Advantageous Dex, so might as well go with decent damage and legal almost anywhere).

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Shotgun's a good basic call but can never improve.

SMG gives the autofire to hit bonus but trades off the advantages you mention for shotgun.

Rifle skill is more flexible (e.g. an autorifle firing bursts gives you +1 to hit and the same damage as a shotgun).


For long term investment fancy military rifles with autofire and variable ammo options would out perform the shotgun but the shotgun will do what you want now.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
ffilz wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun can’t fail to notice Chandra floating about the gym with the gravity turned off and will assess his EVA skills. “Chandra you know enough to survive in vacuum and zero G but you will die in your first firefight. I’ll trade you – if you learn how to shoot from me or Whistler then I’ll teach you how to board starships. Do we have a deal?”

(OOC: Sigrun can teach him Rifle, Pistol, Vacc Suit or Zero G while Whistler has SMG. Choose any skill she has (in any order you like) and she will help him learn it).

Hmm, realizing the rules here are CE, I'm actually not familiar enough with how they work to choose, with CT rules, probably would have been most interested in Shotgun as a weapon (he's got no Advantageous Dex, so might as well go with decent damage and legal almost anywhere).


Don't get hung up on CE/CT, too much. I'm really running a hybrid of CE/CT/MT/TNE/MgT/maybe even some GT/and certainly some house rules. :)

If I was Chandra, I'd opt for shotgun first and then rifle. Either would help with the "hunting" cover and either would be useful in a firefight...shotgun more aboard a ship or in urban environment, rifle more in longer range encounters.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 412
Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun can’t fail to notice Chandra floating about the gym with the gravity turned off and will assess his EVA skills. “Chandra you know enough to survive in vacuum and zero G but you will die in your first firefight. I’ll trade you – if you learn how to shoot from me or Whistler then I’ll teach you how to board starships. Do we have a deal?”

(OOC: Sigrun can teach him Rifle, Pistol, Vacc Suit or Zero G while Whistler has SMG. Choose any skill she has (in any order you like) and she will help him learn it).

Hmm, realizing the rules here are CE, I'm actually not familiar enough with how they work to choose, with CT rules, probably would have been most interested in Shotgun as a weapon (he's got no Advantageous Dex, so might as well go with decent damage and legal almost anywhere).


Don't get hung up on CE/CT, too much. I'm really running a hybrid of CE/CT/MT/TNE/MgT/maybe even some GT/and certainly some house rules. :)

If I was Chandra, I'd opt for shotgun first and then rifle. Either would help with the "hunting" cover and either would be useful in a firefight...shotgun more aboard a ship or in urban environment, rifle more in longer range encounters.

Shotgun it is then

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:42 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 213
Eris wrote:
[ooc]Don't get hung up on CE/CT, too much. I'm really running a hybrid of CE/CT/MT/TNE/MgT/maybe even some GT/and certainly some house rules. :)


That's cool! There's something off with the CES stat based modifiers (P.94?) The method given for generating them does n't give the results published in the table. :?

I'll stop worrying about that now ... :)

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 143
ffilz wrote:
If Chandra can practice either Vacc Suit or Zero-G Combat in the gym while in jump space, he would like to work on those.

Failing that, his next choice would be to work closely with Pedro and learn Electronics or Gravitics.


Pedro will gladly practice folks in zero g or vacc suit or any training or refreshers.

Got behind again, and stupid unseen servants forgot to notify me when new posts happened.

_________________
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
bruce.desertrat wrote:
ffilz wrote:
If Chandra can practice either Vacc Suit or Zero-G Combat in the gym while in jump space, he would like to work on those.

Failing that, his next choice would be to work closely with Pedro and learn Electronics or Gravitics.


Pedro will gladly practice folks in zero g or vacc suit or any training or refreshers.

Got behind again, and stupid unseen servants forgot to notify me when new posts happened.

Seems to be bad about that, Bruce.

Move over to (005) and read the last post. I think Pedro is being coopted into going into town with Edwardo and Charlie (and maybe Chandra) to visit a library, look around for Jose Kenny, visit some bars, etc. OTOH, if he'd like to run out to a hunting preserve just to check things out he can jump into the fancy air/raft with John Lee and Sigrun...all weapons in lock boxes in the back of the vehicle.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group