(009) Alcabra Adventure

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

(009) Alcabra Adventure

#1 Post by Eris »

The group gathers on the roof of the Imperial Hotel as first one air cab and then another float down to land.

Carlos, Zaki, Edwardo and Pedro climb into one.

John Lee, Sigrun and Gupta climb into the other. As John Lee ducks to enter the cab Chandra notices Sigrun's hand move down to John Lee's bottom for just an instant before she joins him in the front seats of the cab. Chandra climbs into the back.

John Lee leans out and says before pulling the door shut, "We'll have our cab follow your's."

First one air cab and then the other lifts from the roof and flies over the tall buildings in the center of Regina's Starport and then over a large open market area. Each cab's nav systems identifies the bazaar as the Alcabra District. From the air you can see that to the right of the Alcabra is a wide six lane highway with apartments and one and two story commercial buildings and to the left of the bazaar is a large warehousing distract leading down to a sea port. You can see several ships loading and unloading at docks in that direction. The landing area for star ships is behind you bordering the waterfront. As you pass over Alcabra you see it is teeming with people buying and selling goods from both open air stalls and small buildings that line narrow lanes that wind through the district.

The cabs angle sharply down and drop toward a landing on a busy pad where a number of cabs are loading and unloading passengers. Both cabs have to circle once before spaces on the pad opens up. As soon as you leave the cabs you are assaulted by the sounds of people talking, grav vehicles beeping and rumbling and a large range of smells you can't all place.

You air cabs start to go "Beep, Beep, Beep" and then rise back into the air to make way for arriving vehicles. Nothing says you need to hurry out of this area, but you feel like you do anyway.

There are 2 meter wide yellow painted paths between the landing pads leading out of this congested area. Some of the paths lead toward Alcabra and some lead toward the Warehousing District.

Sawhuff's shop is in Alcabra. Zaki and Carlos *think* they can find it from here. Pedro is less sure that he can.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: (009) Alcabra Adventure

#2 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro is less sure that he can.
Pedro pulls out his phone and searches for it, sees if he can't get a location to at least head towards. But then he'll be happy wandering through the shops too.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Pedro pulls out his phone and searches for it, sees if he can't get a location to at least head towards. But then he'll be happy wandering through the shops too.
Yes, Sawhuff's shop is listed to be at 203 Espinoza Alley. That is about 300 meters from where you are now...as the bird flies...but probably a half mile (800 meters) if you follow the narrow streets that snake through the Alcrabra.

Zaki's Vagr restaurant is also in the Alcrabra, but it is over near the other side a mile or more away by foot.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Zaki's Vagr restaurant is also in the Alcrabra, but it is over near the other side a mile or more away by foot.
Zaki attempts to pull up the nav information on her comm/HUD.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Yes, Sawhuff's shop is listed to be at 203 Espinoza Alley. That is about 300 meters from where you are now...as the bird flies...but probably a half mile (800 meters) if you follow the narrow streets that snake through the Alcrabra.

Zaki's Vagr restaurant is also in the Alcrabra, but it is over near the other side a mile or more away by foot.
Pedro says "hey everyone, it's off this way..." and sends the map containing the two sites to their phones (as well as John Lee's and Sigrun's). He starts walking through the bazaar that way. He'll take note of places to get spices, coffees, teas and other exotics like that, might as well start building the pantry for the Connie Malone. "We should also hit a couple of the wine and spirit's shops while we're out...we do need to lay in supplies for the ship."
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Eris wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro pulls out his phone and searches for it, sees if he can't get a location to at least head towards. But then he'll be happy wandering through the shops too.

Pedro says "hey everyone, it's off this way..." and sends the map containing the two sites to their phones (as well as John Lee's and Sigrun's). He starts walking through the bazaar that way. He'll take note of places to get spices, coffees, teas and other exotics like that, might as well start building the pantry for the Connie Malone. "We should also hit a couple of the wine and spirit's shops while we're out...we do need to lay in supplies for the ship."
Carlos nods. "Sounds good to me." He offers his arm to Zaki. "Shall we, dear?" He keeps an eye out for bargains.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun takes in the teaming market and says “Mead, ale and…” she rolls her eyes at John Lee “… Regina Bourbon!” She turns to Pedro and with a blend of curiosity and mild disapproval says “You seem to be unarmed. I have my automatic if you would like to borrow it”. To the assembled team she announces “I propose to buy sidearms and shotguns for our defence on our voyage. If there are any preferred weapons I will try to obtain them also”.

Sigrun falls in at the rear of the company with John Lee. She takes in the sights and sounds of the bazaar but also scans around for potential threats - which for her usually begin with something or someone looking odd or out of place.

(OOC: Streetwise & Recon for Sigrun and Streetwise for John Lee).
Last edited by Tiglath on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "Sounds good to me." He offers his arm to Zaki. "Shall we, dear?" He keeps an eye out for bargains.
The blonde takes his proffered arm. "We shall."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo too starts checking is comm unit for potential cargo while the group is assembled and shopping. "We should but together a menu at least, before we start filling the larder. Spirtst excepts, of course."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by joertexas »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo too starts checking is comm unit for potential cargo while the group is assembled and shopping. "We should but together a menu at least, before we start filling the larder. Spirtst excepts, of course."
"I like traditional Vilani cuisine, and Vargr food, too. Of course, everyone claims to have traditional foods. After serving in the Army, I can eat practically anything."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo too starts checking is comm unit for potential cargo while the group is assembled and shopping. "We should but together a menu at least, before we start filling the larder. Spirtst excepts, of course."
Pedro says "Ehh, a properly stocked pantry allows for a wide variety, even with just basic ingredients, and it gives you a lot of flexibility. We'll be stocking the bulk of the food through a starport chandler or commercial supplier. Today I'm just shopping for the for the spice rack." he grins "...and the wine cellar. I expect you may have some opinions there "

Weirdly something I actually have a bit of experience in...worked most of my way through college in restaurant kitchens...
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "Sounds good to me." He offers his arm to Zaki. "Shall we, dear?" He keeps an eye out for bargains.
The blonde takes his proffered arm. "We shall."
Carlos grins.
Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo too starts checking is comm unit for potential cargo while the group is assembled and shopping. "We should but together a menu at least, before we start filling the larder. Spirits excepts, of course."
Carlos shrugs. "Best way to figure out what to stock for the biofreight is, invade the TAS bar and find out what their top shelf items are. It'll clue us up on local tastes. I'm just a Scout, a decent beer and some starshine now and then is good enough for me."
joertexas wrote:"I like traditional Vilani cuisine, and Vargr food, too. Of course, everyone claims to have traditional foods. After serving in the Army, I can eat practically anything."
"I go for mextex and stirfry. What the Carrillains called 'tie cooking' or 'asiatic cooking', though finding mextex in the Assembly took some doing. But I've gotten by on instaheats in a pinch."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "Ehh, a properly stocked pantry allows for a wide variety, even with just basic ingredients, and it gives you a lot of flexibility. We'll be stocking the bulk of the food through a starport chandler or commercial supplier. Today I'm just shopping for the for the spice rack." he grins "...and the wine cellar. I expect you may have some opinions there "

Weirdly something I actually have a bit of experience in...worked most of my way through college in restaurant kitchens...
"Again, best places to check out are the high class restaurants like the TAS. Check out their menu, do some research, check up on recipes. And of course, a lot of it depends on what the Connie Malone has available to cook with. We'll need gear to cook with." He looks to Zaki. "And of course, I'd expect each of us to suggest our favorite recipes into the ship's database. Hopefully, we can get Ito-san's cookbooks, too."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:"Again, best places to check out are the high class restaurants like the TAS. Check out their menu, do some research, check up on recipes. And of course, a lot of it depends on what the Connie Malone has available to cook with. We'll need gear to cook with." He looks to Zaki. "And of course, I'd expect each of us to suggest our favorite recipes into the ship's database. Hopefully, we can get Ito-san's cookbooks, too."
"I can't wait to try some of those styles you mentioned. We really didn't have a lot of variety at home," Zaki says.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:"Again, best places to check out are the high class restaurants like the TAS. Check out their menu, do some research, check up on recipes. And of course, a lot of it depends on what the Connie Malone has available to cook with. We'll need gear to cook with." He looks to Zaki. "And of course, I'd expect each of us to suggest our favorite recipes into the ship's database. Hopefully, we can get Ito-san's cookbooks, too."
"I can't wait to try some of those styles you mentioned. We really didn't have a lot of variety at home," Zaki says.
Carlos grins. "That's because your home sector is too civilised, love. A lot of the cultural Vilani I've met over the years have a drastic need to unwind and let their hair down."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos grins. "That's because your home sector is too civilised, love. A lot of the cultural Vilani I've met over the years have a drastic need to unwind and let their hair down."
"Are you saying that we Vilani are too uppish?" Zaki glances sidelong at Carlos through the HUD lens over her right eye.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos grins. "That's because your home sector is too civilised, love. A lot of the cultural Vilani I've met over the years have a drastic need to unwind and let their hair down."
"Are you saying that we Vilani are too uppish?" Zaki glances sidelong at Carlos through the HUD lens over her right eye.
"No, dear, just wound up tight like a Tech 2 chrono. 'A place for everything and everything in its place' pretty much sums them up. But they lost something when they stratefied themselves into castes. The same old thing the same old way every day without fail gets boring as Sheol, love. My Mum always says, to enjoy life in a big way, take big bites. The reward is in the risk, and they forgot how to bite."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:"No, dear, just wound up tight like a Tech 2 chrono. 'A place for everything and everything in its place' pretty much sums them up. But they lost something when they stratefied themselves into castes. The same old thing the same old way every day without fail gets boring as Sheol, love. My Mum always says, to enjoy life in a big way, take big bites. The reward is in the risk, and they forgot how to bite."
Zaki walks beside Carlos in silence for a moment. "That's what I want, Carlos," she says in a low voice. "To me, you view the galaxy in a whole new way. Do you know that I was so disenchanted with my life that I got into illegal gambling, and even drugs, just to make my life exciting?" She laughs bitterly. "That, of course, got my whole family murdered. Then, I ended up here, and here you are, too." She sighs and glances at him. "I hope you love me, because I want to go see many worlds with you, for the rest of my life."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:"No, dear, just wound up tight like a Tech 2 chrono. 'A place for everything and everything in its place' pretty much sums them up. But they lost something when they stratefied themselves into castes. The same old thing the same old way every day without fail gets boring as Sheol, love. My Mum always says, to enjoy life in a big way, take big bites. The reward is in the risk, and they forgot how to bite."
Zaki walks beside Carlos in silence for a moment. "That's what I want, Carlos," she says in a low voice. "To me, you view the galaxy in a whole new way. Do you know that I was so disenchanted with my life that I got into illegal gambling, and even drugs, just to make my life exciting?" She laughs bitterly. "That, of course, got my whole family murdered. Then, I ended up here, and here you are, too." She sighs and glances at him. "I hope you love me, because I want to go see many worlds with you, for the rest of my life."
Carlos nods. "We'll see them together, love. As long as you can put up with me, at least." He raises her hand to his lips and gently kisses it.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun requests protein, legumes and lots of it but is picky about sourcing, preferring ranch-farmed or hunted meat and "shipgrown" herbs and veg. Culinary preferences go to smoking and roasting meat but also simple fish dishes. She delivers her requests to Edwardo (who knows the TAS standard) and then drops back to cover the rear once more.

She will check out local information for any gun dealers (the military end of the market) or arms merchants but also for any Sword World traders of any description who she will visit once the party are settled at Sawhuffas.
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "We'll see them together, love. As long as you can put up with me, at least." He raises her hand to his lips and gently kisses it.
"That will be a while, I suspect," Zaki smiles until her dimples show. "I think we're getting close to Sawhuffa's shop."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”