(002) Regina Downport

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (002) 1085/055: Regina Downport

#541 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Uh, yeah, okay." Charlie squints, "How much will his family pay to get him back?"
"You will have to ask his wife yourself." Zaki glances down at his clothing. "I suggest a shower and clean clothes, first. I will wait here for you, but I am leaving in ten minutes, with or without you."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#542 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"Uh, yeah, okay." Charlie squints, "How much will his family pay to get him back?"
"You will have to ask his wife yourself." Zaki glances down at his clothing. "I suggest a shower and clean clothes, first. I will wait here for you, but I am leaving in ten minutes, with or without you."
"Yeah, yeah, okay." Hart shrugs, "I ain't really doing anything else. I'll be ready."

While Zaki waits three people pass her in the corridor. Of the three only one, a thin man with a long scar on the side of his face and a limp gives her a second glance, but only a glance as he continues down the corridor to the lift and takes it down.

Hart opens the door with a minute to spare. He is wearing his demob grey jumpsuit. His hair is slicked down and there is less stubble on his chin.

"Where to now?" he asks.

OOC: You can play more of this out, but mostly you're just getting Hart aboard the yacht with the promise of 20,000 credits paid by Lady Jane. Hart isn't going to object to that kind of money, and once you get him aboard he's going to disappear into a cabin and stay there until you're off planet and in jump space.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#543 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Yeah, yeah, okay." Hart shrugs, "I ain't really doing anything else. I'll be ready."

While Zaki waits three people pass her in the corridor. Of the three only one, a thin man with a long scar on the side of his face and a limp gives her a second glance, but only a glance as he continues down the corridor to the lift and takes it down.

Hart opens the door with a minute to spare. He is wearing his demob grey jumpsuit. His hair is slicked down and there is less stubble on his chin.

"Where to now?" he asks.

OOC: You can play more of this out, but mostly you're just getting Hart aboard the yacht with the promise of 20,000 credits paid by Lady Jane. Hart isn't going to object to that kind of money, and once you get him aboard he's going to disappear into a cabin and stay there until you're off planet and in jump space.
As the man passes, Zaki keys up her display to take a video of the man until he disappears into the lift.

Sounds good.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: (002) Regina Downport

#545 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro takes out the documents that were delivered by Haber's people late last night and looks them over. They are a pass to the GP Salvage Yard for up to 4 people good today and tomorrow along with a photo map of the Yard showing two smaller ships (200 to 400 dton) ships with circles around them. They are right next to a large ship...your real target.

Pedro (and?) take a self-driving ground vehicle across the starport and to a large fenced off area. There is a gate in the fence with a sign above it saying General Products Salvage Yard. A guard shack is just inside the open gate with a bored looking guard sitting in a chair. The large gates are open, but a barrier arm is blocking the entrance.
When the car rolls up and stops, (clearly not an Uber or it have driven right through! :-) Pedro leans out and says to the guard "Hola, compa! We have a daypass here, want to take a voya at some of the ships here" he offers the pass.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#546 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: When the car rolls up and stops, (clearly not an Uber or it have driven right through! :-) Pedro leans out and says to the guard "Hola, compa! We have a daypass here, want to take a voya at some of the ships here" he offers the pass.
"Um?" says the guard as he takes the pass from Pedro.

He looks it over and looks at Pedro, "Yeah, looks fine. Put on these badges. They'll track where you are while you're in the Yard. There's a couple of wreaks in there with Off Limits on them, that means stay out. Otherwise, look around all you want. Got it?"

"Good!" he raises the bar and waves your car through. You can take manual control and drive it down the avenues with piles of junk and ship parts piled along the road. Wreaked ships tower over the piles here and there. There is no traffic and other than a few birds flying over head the Yard seems empty.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#547 Post by bruce.desertrat »

"Um?" says the guard as he takes the pass from Pedro.

He looks it over and looks at Pedro, "Yeah, looks fine. Put on these badges. They'll track where you are while you're in the Yard. There's a couple of wreaks in there with Off Limits on them, that means stay out. Otherwise, look around all you want. Got it?"

"Good!" he raises the bar and waves your car through. You can take manual control and drive it down the avenues with piles of junk and ship parts piled along the road. Wreaked ships tower over the piles here and there. There is no traffic and other than a few birds flying over head the Yard seems empty.
Someone has to chime in and say they're in the car with me or my brilliant plan to get inside the Kuinir isn't going to work

"Domo, compa!" He's grinning as he heads off towards the area marked on his map. He turns to his companion. "You ever been in a Koonie, [insert name here]? My aunties last tour was on one. It was a dump, creaky old kakio of a ship, all the crew were either shorts like my auntie because they were passing by their mustering out port, or doonfas who had been kicked off of every other ship, but not quite badly enough to kick of of the Navy. I can show you where they'd put their bar. She used to tell this hilarious tale of the Captain showing up one night with his latest pretty Looie...

And coincidentally, just the same part of the shop that we want to see! :lol:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#548 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Someone has to chime in and say they're in the car with me or my brilliant plan to get inside the Kuinir isn't going to work

Kevin's PC is going to be with you, but Kevin is having some problems right now, so I'll NPC Carlos for a wee bit until he gets better access.

"Domo, compa!" He's grinning as he heads off towards the area marked on his map. He turns to his companion. "You ever been in a Koonie, Carlos? My aunties last tour was on one. It was a dump, creaky old kakio of a ship, all the crew were either shorts like my auntie because they were passing by their mustering out port, or doonfas who had been kicked off of every other ship, but not quite badly enough to kick of of the Navy. I can show you where they'd put their bar. She used to tell this hilarious tale of the Captain showing up one night with his latest pretty Looie...

And coincidentally, just the same part of the shop that we want to see! :lol:
"Nope, I've never been in a Koonie." Carlos says grinning, "So show me where this bar was located."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#549 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Nope, I've never been in a Koonie." Carlos says grinning, "So show me where this bar was located."
How did Pedro pry Carlos away from Zaki? :P
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#550 Post by bruce.desertrat »

"Nope, I've never been in a Koonie." Carlos says grinning, "So show me where this bar was located."
"Well tovapalya, it's right between these two ships we're going to look at, and it is a long way 'round so we'll just cut through it to the other side, tu va!

I may be a bit overdoing it with the belter :P but The Expanse has been blowing.my.mind this season... I'll put up a translator in the OT thread in a bit, don't want to forget what I'm talking about !
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#551 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"Nope, I've never been in a Koonie." Carlos says grinning, "So show me where this bar was located."
How did Pedro pry Carlos away from Zaki? :P
By his player having internet problems and the Ref temporarily taking over. :D

I've looked around and it looks like we're down to 4 active players: Bruce/Pedro, JR/Zaki, Kevin/Carlos, & Nuke66/Edwardo. I might need to open the game for another couple of players just to make sure we have crew for all the ship positions...when y'all get a ship. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#552 Post by Eris »

I don't want to have the game bog down completely.

How about Zaki and Edwardo get done with their tasks early morning and join Pedro on the trip to the General Products Salvage Yards?

If that's okay with y'all, you can jump in where Pedro is driving through the Yard to the location of the Kinunir class hulk.

"Well tovapalya, it's right between these two ships we're going to look at, and it is a long way 'round so we'll just cut through it to the other side, tu va!", Pedro says nodding toward a pair of smaller ships flanking a much larger ship.

The larger ship is the size of a three story building and about 100 meters long. The ships on either side are much smaller. One is the size of a two story building and maybe 50 meters long and the other is smaller still, two story but only about 20 meters long.

As the vehicle you are in draws near you see a sign in front of the large ship saying, Adda Dubsar - Kinunir Class Frontier Cruiser Off limits except by special permission.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#553 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo accompanies Pedro on the scouting mission. "I think we can simply pass a badge and someone can get the task done." he says.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#554 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:As the vehicle you are in draws near you see a sign in front of the large ship saying, Adda Dubsar - Kinunir Class Frontier Cruiser Off limits except by special permission.
Zaki calls up Haber's assistant. "Can you get us permission to board the Adda Dusbar? They have it closed off to regular visitors."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#555 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:As the vehicle you are in draws near you see a sign in front of the large ship saying, Adda Dubsar - Kinunir Class Frontier Cruiser Off limits except by special permission.
Zaki calls up Haber's assistant. "Can you get us permission to board the Adda Dusbar? They have it closed off to regular visitors."
"No ma'am and trying to, would pretty much give away what you are up to." he replies, "You'll have to find a way to get aboard without letting GP know."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#556 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"No ma'am and trying to, would pretty much give away what you are up to." he replies, "You'll have to find a way to get aboard without letting GP know."
"Okay, that makes sense. Thank you." Zaki terminates the call. "So, they apparently don't have any contacts here, or not ones they are willing to use, to help us get aboard." She thinks for a moment. "Were any of these ships used in combat?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#557 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"No ma'am and trying to, would pretty much give away what you are up to." he replies, "You'll have to find a way to get aboard without letting GP know."
"Okay, that makes sense. Thank you." Zaki terminates the call. "So, they apparently don't have any contacts here, or not ones they are willing to use, to help us get aboard." She thinks for a moment. "Were any of these ships used in combat?"
No, the two smaller ships were old merchants that got too old to be good for anything but parts and scrap, and the Adda Dubsar never got completely built. If you're thinking about holes in the hull, you will find plenty of openings scattered around the Adda Dubsar where hull plating was never installed and where hatches were never put on.

You don't see any guards and there isn't a fence around the big ship. You'll want to look out for some sort of security, though, because I figure it'll be there in some way.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#558 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:You don't see any guards and there isn't a fence around the big ship. You'll want to look out for some sort of security, though, because I figure it'll be there in some way.
"Lets park next to one of the smaller ships, and walk over there. We will see what kind of sensors they have."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#559 Post by Nuke66 »

"I am thinking they only track the badges, but I could be wrong, I don't know much about that stuff." Edwardo adds. "Only Pedro needs to sneak in and scan the room, should only take three minutes or so."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#560 Post by joertexas »

Nuke66 wrote:"I am thinking they only track the badges, but I could be wrong, I don't know much about that stuff." Edwardo adds. "Only Pedro needs to sneak in and scan the room, should only take three minutes or so."
Zaki nods. "Maybe we can create a distraction if someone shows up to investigate."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”