(002) Regina Downport

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (002) Regina Downport

#621 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:"Sounds like plan, devotchka." He gently kisses her forehead. "You did good there, but I zarking well near had a coronary." He grins and his eyes flash a bit to you. "Course, that woulda helped with the exit, yaknow..." He glances at his chrono. "We have time for a late lunch, but let's do it inside the Wire."
Good to have you back, Keven!

Zaki's eyes sparkle, and she kisses Carlos on the cheek in return. I've never seen so many bats in my life, and I was so worried that I'd scare them up! She nods in agreement when he mentions lunch. Lunch sounds good.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#622 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:"Sounds like plan, devotchka." He gently kisses her forehead. "You did good there, but I zarking well near had a coronary." He grins and his eyes flash a bit to you. "Course, that woulda helped with the exit, yaknow..." He glances at his chrono. "We have time for a late lunch, but let's do it inside the Wire."
Good to have you back, Keven!

Zaki's eyes sparkle, and she kisses Carlos on the cheek in return. I've never seen so many bats in my life, and I was so worried that I'd scare them up! She nods in agreement when he mentions lunch. Lunch sounds good.
Is everyone coming to lunch or is this just a Zaki and Carlos thing?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#623 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Is everyone coming to lunch or is this just a Zaki and Carlos thing?
Proceed at your own risk - the sweetness vibes will add a thousand calories to your meal...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#625 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:"Lunch sounds good" Edwardo offers to be the third wheel.....
Ah! A chaperone! :)

So, where to for lunch? Edwardo can suggest the cafe at TAS, there is a 4 star restaurant on the roof of this hotel that you haven't tried, you are still on LSP's dime, so you could have room service deliver to your suite, there is that small cafe in the Alkabra at which you ate earlier, or you can make something up.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#626 Post by joertexas »

[quote="Eris"So, where to for lunch? Edwardo can suggest the cafe at TAS, there is a 4 star restaurant on the roof of this hotel that you haven't tried, you are still on LSP's dime, so you could have room service deliver to your suite, there is that small cafe in the Alkabra at which you ate earlier, or you can make something up.[/quote]

"I'd still like to try that Vargr restaurant we couldn't find the other day," Zaki says. "The Foez Vardok."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#627 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:"Lunch sounds good" Edwardo offers to be the third wheel.....
Ah! A chaperone! :)

So, where to for lunch? Edwardo can suggest the cafe at TAS, there is a 4 star restaurant on the roof of this hotel that you haven't tried, you are still on LSP's dime, so you could have room service deliver to your suite, there is that small cafe in the Alkabra at which you ate earlier, or you can make something up.
Pedro says "So long as someone else is picking up the tab, I vote the restaurant up on the roof sounds nice...if they'll let a mesticho like me in the door"he rubs at the stubble on his chin."Wonder if they'll make me wear a dress coverall?".
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#628 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "So long as someone else is picking up the tab, I vote the restaurant up on the roof sounds nice...if they'll let a mesticho like me in the door"he rubs at the stubble on his chin."Wonder if they'll make me wear a dress coverall?".
"Where's your sense of adventure for Vargr cuisine?" Zaki grins at Pedro. "We can try the restaurant here, though."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#629 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "So long as someone else is picking up the tab, I vote the restaurant up on the roof sounds nice...if they'll let a mesticho like me in the door"he rubs at the stubble on his chin."Wonder if they'll make me wear a dress coverall?".
"Where's your sense of adventure for Vargr cuisine?" Zaki grins at Pedro. "We can try the restaurant here, though."

"Ha! spending a couple months in a mining hab with Krzzak and his endless supply of instant ollaegae packs in various flavors, all of which mainly tasted of dehydrated shoe leather with various unpleasant flavors overlaid." Pedro made a face. "..and I ran out of hot sauce two weeks in. Protip...never let the doonfa remaja Vargr do the grocery shopping for a hab tour. Dumb kid didn't know anything about cooking."

ollaegae packs...think cheap ramen, but for carnivores...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#630 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:"Ha! spending a couple months in a mining hab with Krzzak and his endless supply of instant ollaegae packs in various flavors, all of which mainly tasted of dehydrated shoe leather with various unpleasant flavors overlaid." Pedro made a face. "..and I ran out of hot sauce two weeks in. Protip...never let the doonfa remaja Vargr do the grocery shopping for a hab tour. Dumb kid didn't know anything about cooking."

"Oh, my!" Zaki giggles. "To spare more bad flashbacks, we can definitely try the restaurant here." She stands. "All of this talk about food has made me hungry." She starts for the suite's door, and glances back over her shoulder to see if the guys are following along.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#631 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:"Ha! spending a couple months in a mining hab with Krzzak and his endless supply of instant ollaegae packs in various flavors, all of which mainly tasted of dehydrated shoe leather with various unpleasant flavors overlaid." Pedro made a face. "..and I ran out of hot sauce two weeks in. Protip...never let the doonfa remaja Vargr do the grocery shopping for a hab tour. Dumb kid didn't know anything about cooking."

"Oh, my!" Zaki giggles. "To spare more bad flashbacks, we can definitely try the restaurant here." She stands. "All of this talk about food has made me hungry." She starts for the suite's door, and glances back over her shoulder to see if the guys are following along.
Carlos grins lopsidedly. "Works for me." He leans over to Zaki, speaking low. "I should have come with you on that frontier cruiser, shouldn't I have?"
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#632 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos grins lopsidedly. "Works for me." He leans over to Zaki, speaking low. "I should have come with you on that frontier cruiser, shouldn't I have?"
Zaki opens the suite door and steps into the hallway. She glances at Carlos with a matching grin and tone of voice."Are you wanting to catch me alone in the dark?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#633 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos grins lopsidedly. "Works for me." He leans over to Zaki, speaking low. "I should have come with you on that frontier cruiser, shouldn't I have?"
Zaki opens the suite door and steps into the hallway. She glances at Carlos with a matching grin and tone of voice."Are you wanting to catch me alone in the dark?"
Carlos blushes a bit, and whispers, "Maybe in jumpspace, if you wish..."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#634 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos blushes a bit, and whispers, "Maybe in jumpspace, if you wish..."
Zaki smiles until her dimples show, and she takes Carlos' arm. "I will consider it, Carlos." She feels her face start to heat, and it doesn't matter at all. "For now, though; food."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#635 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos blushes a bit, and whispers, "Maybe in jumpspace, if you wish..."
Zaki smiles until her dimples show, and she takes Carlos' arm. "I will consider it, Carlos." She feels her face start to heat, and it doesn't matter at all. "For now, though; food."
Carlos smiles and whispers, "Call the ball." He looks around and says to the group at large, "Remember, cheenas, take EVERYTHING you want to keep. We're likely burned here. Don't count on that 'trade war' Mr Suit expects to ONLY last a week." He sighs.
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#636 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles and whispers, "Call the ball." He looks around and says to the group at large, "Remember, cheenas, take EVERYTHING you want to keep. We're likely burned here. Don't count on that 'trade war' Mr Suit expects to ONLY last a week." He sighs.
Zaki takes a breath to settle the minor storm of feelings in her belly. She made a note in her PDA to research the phrase 'Call the ball', and nods at Carlos' comment. "I think you're right. His adversaries won't be happy, and it won't take them long to figure out how we were involved." She walks to the lift and presses the button to call it for a higher floor.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#637 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles and whispers, "Call the ball." He looks around and says to the group at large, "Remember, cheenas, take EVERYTHING you want to keep. We're likely burned here. Don't count on that 'trade war' Mr Suit expects to ONLY last a week." He sighs.
Zaki takes a breath to settle the minor storm of feelings in her belly. She made a note in her PDA to research the phrase 'Call the ball', and nods at Carlos' comment. "I think you're right. His adversaries won't be happy, and it won't take them long to figure out how we were involved." She walks to the lift and presses the button to call it for a higher floor.
The four of you head to the restaurant atop the tall hotel. You are seated in at a table next to the windows so you have a good view of the harbor.

There are both sea ships and star ships in the harbor, and looking to the north you see part of the tarmac of the downport. As you are watching you see a space ship glide in from the west and settle with hardly a splash in the bay, then begin moving slowly toward the docks. It's a big ship, must be a couple of thousand tons and from the markings it's a passenger liner, part of the Tukura line.

This restaurant has live wait staff and you are joined by a woman dressed in a uniform of black pants and vest over a white long sleeve shirt. She speaks with you pleasantly, notes that you are registered at the hotel and says your bill will be charged to your room. She recommends the yellow tail snapper with a good white wine and takes your orders.

The food arrives quickly and is quite tasty. The wine (or other drink) is nothing special, but is clearly above average in quality and taste. While you are eating a small space ship lifts from the tarmac of the downport and floats out over the bay before angling up and quickly disappearing.

When you finish your lunch and collect your gear you can proceed to (004) Aboard The Old Dream for the trip to Ruie.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”