It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 600
Keven wrote:
Carlos tries to catch Zaki's eye, and if he does, gives a small almost unnoticeable shrug, then boards and sits down, trying to find a comfortable spot that won't press too hard on that hickey on his ass.


Zaki nods slightly, then sits down and pushes her backpack under the seat in front of her. Carlos catches her glancing his way a couple of times after he sits down. She folds her hands in her lap and looks down at them. Carlos can see the barest flicker of light from the eyepiece over her right eye.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2764
Edwardo, seemingly oblivious to the tension in the situation, takes in the interpersonal dynamics, trying to assess the power situation in play.

SOC roll? or Streetwise?

He plays along for now. "Thanks for rescuing us, damn, strangest thing. Does anyone know what happened?"

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:48 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 404
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Nuke66 wrote:
Edwardo, seemingly oblivious to the tension in the situation, takes in the interpersonal dynamics, trying to assess the power situation in play.

SOC roll? or Streetwise?

He plays along for now. "Thanks for rescuing us, damn, strangest thing. Does anyone know what happened?"

Carlos gives Zika another 'Look', eyes rolling up as to say 'Is he REALLY that stupid or is he just PLAYING?' He wishes he'd sat closer to him so he could kick him discretely in the shin to shut him up til we get to a safe place.

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 600
Keven wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:
Edwardo, seemingly oblivious to the tension in the situation, takes in the interpersonal dynamics, trying to assess the power situation in play.

SOC roll? or Streetwise?

He plays along for now. "Thanks for rescuing us, damn, strangest thing. Does anyone know what happened?"

Carlos gives Zika another 'Look', eyes rolling up as to say 'Is he REALLY that stupid or is he just PLAYING?' He wishes he'd sat closer to him so he could kick him discretely in the shin to shut him up til we get to a safe place.


Zaki's lips quirk in a smile, which she quickly smothers. "I don't think anyone knows exactly what happened," she says quietly.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 593
Location: Pace, Fl
The group files into the large shuttle and take seats. There is no sign of Mr. Haber, his aide or his bodyguards, but they might be forward in first class. Back here there are four uniformed armed guards and the woman that greeted you on the tarmac.

"Twenty minutes to the star port, ladies and gentlemen." she says, "Buckle up and we'll be on our way."

Looking out the portholes you see the grav tanks lift with the shuttle and the formation speeds off at a high speed.

None of the LSP personnel are chatty, but you are able to get from the woman that she is named Barbara Sikes, Mr. Haber is still being treated, but she understands he is doing well and that he would like to personally thank you once you arrive at the Starport. Oh, and she thinks you probably know more about what happened aboard the boat than she does.

When you arrive at the Starport it is in darkness and you see a sprawl of lights of a city before you see the port itself. The port is on a bay with large landing fields, warehouses and a rather large town inside the port's perimeter. The shuttle and it's escort set down away from the main area of the port in a private area and after a short delay you are escorted from the shuttle, down a skybridge and into a large and luxuriously appointed lounge. Mr Haber and his aide are awaiting you there.

Haber is seated behind a desk. He has a bandage over one eye and has dark glasses on. His aide is standing next to him and has obvious bruises, but otherwise looks okay. Interestingly there are no bodyguards....other than the guards from the shuttle and Ms. Sikes.

"Welcome to Regina." says Haber with a slight smile, "I wanted to thank you personally for saving my bacon back there on the boat, and my eyesight as well. I also wanted to apologize for you getting in the middle of what appears to be the opening salvo of a corporate war."

"It looks like there were three small explosive charges placed aboard our boat. Two did their damage, bridge and engineering, but the third failed to vent the cabin as it was supposed to do."

He grins, "I understand I have one of you, specifically, to thank for that."

"As way of compensation for your trouble, my aide has arranged for you to stay at the Imperial Court hotel. Ling will cover your room charges for up to the next week while you get your feet underneath you on Regina." Haber adds, "I think Ling might be able to find some sort of work for you as well, if you're interested. Just something to think about."

He rises and shakes each of your hands before saying, "I'm told I have to go to the hospital for some more treatment, so I'll leave you in Ms. Sikes' capable hands."

Haber, the guards and the aide all leave.

continued in 002 Regina Downport

Eris

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 593
Location: Pace, Fl
Nuke66 wrote:
Edwardo, seemingly oblivious to the tension in the situation, takes in the interpersonal dynamics, trying to assess the power situation in play.

SOC roll? or Streetwise?

He plays along for now. "Thanks for rescuing us, damn, strangest thing. Does anyone know what happened?"


To assess power situation: roll 8+, Soc/2+2d
[2d6+2] = 6+2 = 8

This seems like a friendly situation, the guards aren't pointing weapons at you and the woman escorting you seems friendly toward your group.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group