It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Eris wrote:
Zaki moves back to the guard with the shrapnel wound. Bracing herself as best she can, Zaki checks his carotid and radial pulses. The pulse is weak. She cuts away the clothing from around the wound. It looks like there is air getting into the man's chest cavity. Toward the back of the cabin Zaki hears a loud groan from one of the marines that was back there and looking that direction she see him holding his bloodstained shoulder.


Working quickly, Zaki swabs the area around the chest wound, cuts one corner off a large adhesive bandage, and slaps it over the wound. "Get everyone strapped into a seat," she barks at the guards. "And find life jackets, if there are any!" She grabs seat cushions from empty seats, baggage, and whatever else is handy to shield the victim from a forward impact. She also tries to slide him against a bulkhead, or against a row of seat legs to help hold him in place. As the boat gets closer to landing, Zaki calls out "BRACE FOR IMPACT!" She lays over her patient to protect him during the landing.

Eris wrote:
The boat settles to the ground with a thump and screech. Then there is a brief silence as everyone exhales. The silence is broken by the sounds of sirens as the firetruck and ambulance surge forward toward the boat sitting right in the middle of the runway directly across from the tower.


Zaki immediately checks her patient. "GET EMERGENCY SERVICES IN HERE NOW!"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Zaki has identified injuries for triage.

Five patients that are going to need immediate transport to a hospital for treatment:

1. Signon Fallow is still unconscious, but is breathing normally
2. Keen Haber has debris in his eyes and a possible head injury
3. The Aide is conscious, but groggy, and has assorted cuts and bruises
4. A body guard with a sucking chest wound is the most serious of the injured
5. A marine in the back has multiple shrapnel wounds in his left shoulder and arm, but is conscious and cursing up a storm

Less, or not obviously, injured who should be checked out at the hospital:

1. Benton has blood on his sleeve, but hasn't really noticed it
2. Carlos, isn't hurting much, but as adrenaline goes down his butt is going to be sore!
3. Pedro has a swelling over one eye, it will be swelling shut if not treated soon
4. A bodyguard that shielded Sir Haber

There are five dead:

1. The pilot
2-3. Bodyguards
4-5. Marines

It appears that Zaki, Edwardo and Donnie are uninjured.


The hatch pops open and EMT's enter the boat looking to help!

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Keven wrote:
Fidget76 wrote:
From the back of the boat Donnie screams out.

"Let's Do It Again!!!!"


Carlos looks at him in disbelief. "You GOTTA be k'hesn JOKING me, tove."

Fidget76 wrote:
Meanwhile, he cleans the oil and dirt from his hands and wipes the copious amounts of sweat from his forehead. He looks at Carlos and says,

"I need a drink, perhaps 12"


Carlos gives a lopsided grin. "NOW you're talking."


An alarm on the computer goes off and it shuts all power down. In the almost dark, Carlos sees smoke start to come from the controller box behind Donnie. The smoke smells of burning insulation is followed by a frying sound and flames start to flicker along the make-shift wiring you, Benton and Donnie just got through installing.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Nuke66 wrote:
Edwardo finds a seat and sits, melting into it. "Let's not, and you can said we did."


Pedro is shutting down systems from the co-pilot's seat while Edwardo slumps back in the seat at the comm station. Benton is still on the floor where he has been babying the wiring to keep the comm working for the last few minutes.

An alarm goes off and power goes out again. The board shows faults all over the place and fire in Engineering...good thing you're on the ground!

Looking outside the cockpit you see EMT's running up to the boat and releasing the catch to the short stairs leading to the air lock. You can release the hatch from up here to get help into the boat ASAP.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Eris wrote:
The hatch pops open and EMT's enter the boat looking to help!


Zaki stands up and faces the first EMT as she comes in. "I'm Major Zaki Shursiia, Imperial Army, and I'm a trauma nurse. You have a sucking chest wound," she points at each patient as she speaks, "eye injury, unconscious and breathing, and shrapnel wounds with bleeding. Three of us are uninjured, and we have five fatalities. The rest are ambulatory and not emergent." She steps aside. "How may I assist you?"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:10 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:
Fidget76 wrote:
From the back of the boat Donnie screams out.

"Let's Do It Again!!!!"


Carlos looks at him in disbelief. "You GOTTA be k'hesn JOKING me, tove."

Fidget76 wrote:
Meanwhile, he cleans the oil and dirt from his hands and wipes the copious amounts of sweat from his forehead. He looks at Carlos and says,

"I need a drink, perhaps 12"


Carlos gives a lopsided grin. "NOW you're talking."


An alarm on the computer goes off and it shuts all power down. In the almost dark, Carlos sees smoke start to come from the controller box behind Donnie. The smoke smells of burning insulation is followed by a frying sound and flames start to flicker along the make-shift wiring you, Benton and Donnie just got through installing.

Carlos mutters "G'dayt!", grabs a fire extinguisher, and starts suppressing the fire. He glances at the feed lines to see if the fire will percolate the liquid hydrogen. "Somebody out there REALLY khest'n hates me..."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
The hatch pops open and EMT's enter the boat looking to help!


Zaki stands up and faces the first EMT as she comes in. "I'm Major Zaki Shursiia, Imperial Army, and I'm a trauma nurse. You have a sucking chest wound," she points at each patient as she speaks, "eye injury, unconscious and breathing, and shrapnel wounds with bleeding. Three of us are uninjured, and we have five fatalities. The rest are ambulatory and not emergent." She steps aside. "How may I assist you?"

"Major." says the first EMT aboard, she moves toward Zaki, "It looks like you've got things well in hand."

"How about you looking after the walking wounded while we evac the more seriously injured?" she says, "We want all of you taken in just to check you out, so if you can organize the rest of the passengers for transport that'll be good."

It take no time at all before people are being hauled out on stretchers to waiting ambulances.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Keven wrote:
Carlos mutters "G'dayt!", grabs a fire extinguisher, and starts suppressing the fire. He glances at the feed lines to see if the fire will percolate the liquid hydrogen. "Somebody out there REALLY khest'n hates me..."

The extinguisher quickly puts out the fire, but it might be wise to evacuate this place for somewhere a little less wreaked.

Up front, there are EMT's quickly hauling the wounded out of the boat.

A group of three firemen in hazmat suits pushes their way toward you in Engineering. The one in front has a chem sniffer out in front of him testing the air and the two behind are stopping briefly to check the vents.

"What's the status?" asks the lead fireman through a speaker at the front of his hard face plate, "And you need to evacuate this boat, now!"

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
Up in the cockpit, Pedro, Benton and Edwardo see the EMT's and firemen coming aboard. It's probably time for them to get the frak out of here!

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Eris wrote:
"Major." says the first EMT aboard, she moves toward Zaki, "It looks like you've got things well in hand."

"How about you looking after the walking wounded while we evac the more seriously injured?" she says, "We want all of you taken in just to check you out, so if you can organize the rest of the passengers for transport that'll be good."

It take no time at all before people are being hauled out on stretchers to waiting ambulances.


Zaki sorts out the rest of the passengers by the severity of their injuries, and she asks each person if they want to be examined/treated at the hospital. If they say yes, she directs them to come with her to a location near the EMS units. She grabs her backpack on the way out, and goes to find the EMS units - assuming that they will have parked at a safe distance from the wrecked shuttle.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos mutters "G'dayt!", grabs a fire extinguisher, and starts suppressing the fire. He glances at the feed lines to see if the fire will percolate the liquid hydrogen. "Somebody out there REALLY khest'n hates me..."

The extinguisher quickly puts out the fire, but it might be wise to evacuate this place for somewhere a little less wreaked.

Up front, there are EMT's quickly hauling the wounded out of the boat.

A group of three firemen in hazmat suits pushes their way toward you in Engineering. The one in front has a chem sniffer out in front of him testing the air and the two behind are stopping briefly to check the vents.

"What's the status?" asks the lead fireman through a speaker at the front of his hard face plate, "And you need to evacuate this boat, now!"

Carlos gives another one of his copyrighted lopsided grins. "No drakh?" He reaches over and flicks the power down switch on the reactor to force a shutdown. "Well, status is, we're here. We're alive. I'm thinking, call this a 'win'. Wouldn't want to try lifting this khest'n thing off the ground by itself, though." He coughs a bit. "Fire's out, seems." He looks at Donnie. "Let's vanish. First round's on me."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:21 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:39 pm
Posts: 47
Benton has a last minute look over the controls, things seem to be shutting down in good order, walking back through the compartment he pops a few wires leading from the power source to the rigged anti grav plates.

Blinking against the sudden invasion of daylight, he scrubs his face with his hands letting out a long slow breath, he knows that soon the adrenal overload will hit, then the crash. The only know cure is beer, and plenty of it.

"First round is on me....."

_________________
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2762
Edwardo slowly get up, looking at the chaos, blood and gore spread about the shuttle. He suddenly stops and check himself over. Slightly shocked he has not injuries, he states to no one in particular "Damn, I guess it's better to be lucky than good"as he disembarks.

"Oh hell yeah, I'll buy the second round."

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:27 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:39 pm
Posts: 47
"Before we bail, does any have any clue on what caused the explosions? I suspect the officials will be pouring over this ship, and we'll hear the official story."

_________________
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:59 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:41 am
Posts: 101
Location: Cochrane, Alberta
Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos mutters "G'dayt!", grabs a fire extinguisher, and starts suppressing the fire. He glances at the feed lines to see if the fire will percolate the liquid hydrogen. "Somebody out there REALLY khest'n hates me..."

The extinguisher quickly puts out the fire, but it might be wise to evacuate this place for somewhere a little less wreaked.

Up front, there are EMT's quickly hauling the wounded out of the boat.

A group of three firemen in hazmat suits pushes their way toward you in Engineering. The one in front has a chem sniffer out in front of him testing the air and the two behind are stopping briefly to check the vents.

"What's the status?" asks the lead fireman through a speaker at the front of his hard face plate, "And you need to evacuate this boat, now!"

Carlos gives another one of his copyrighted lopsided grins. "No drakh?" He reaches over and flicks the power down switch on the reactor to force a shutdown. "Well, status is, we're here. We're alive. I'm thinking, call this a 'win'. Wouldn't want to try lifting this khest'n thing off the ground by itself, though." He coughs a bit. "Fire's out, seems." He looks at Donnie. "Let's vanish. First round's on me."


Donnie grins at Carlos "I'll take you up on that" and makes his way past the hazmat suits to the exit. As he pushes through out of Engineering, he glances at the jumble of mismatched wiring and cobbled together pieces that allowed them to get power enough to land this brick. He knows that they were lucky, he also knows that its only a matter of time before he stops being so lucky. Odd place to get such a massive failure though.....something just doesn't feel right.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:31 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Fidget76 wrote:
Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:
The extinguisher quickly puts out the fire, but it might be wise to evacuate this place for somewhere a little less wreaked.

Up front, there are EMT's quickly hauling the wounded out of the boat.

A group of three firemen in hazmat suits pushes their way toward you in Engineering. The one in front has a chem sniffer out in front of him testing the air and the two behind are stopping briefly to check the vents.

"What's the status?" asks the lead fireman through a speaker at the front of his hard face plate, "And you need to evacuate this boat, now!"

Carlos gives another one of his copyrighted lopsided grins. "No drakh?" He reaches over and flicks the power down switch on the reactor to force a shutdown. "Well, status is, we're here. We're alive. I'm thinking, call this a 'win'. Wouldn't want to try lifting this khest'n thing off the ground by itself, though." He coughs a bit. "Fire's out, seems." He looks at Donnie. "Let's vanish. First round's on me."


Donnie grins at Carlos "I'll take you up on that" and makes his way past the hazmat suits to the exit. As he pushes through out of Engineering, he glances at the jumble of mismatched wiring and cobbled together pieces that allowed them to get power enough to land this brick. He knows that they were lucky, he also knows that its only a matter of time before he stops being so lucky. Odd place to get such a massive failure though.....something just doesn't feel right.

Carlos follows him out onto the tarmac a ways. In a low voice, he says "Wonder who they wanted to kill. Couldn't be one of us, we just got here. We haven't had the chance to max somebody off. I'm thinking it was the suit, he has the look of being a big noise." He glances around a bit, noticing everybody paying attention to getting into the shuttle and clearing it out. "Max question is, do we mix it up in this? I take it kind of personal when somebody swings and I'm in the way..."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Pace, Fl
As the hazmat suits enter with hoses and canisters and the EMT's exit with the more injured of the passengers on stretchers, the rest of you squeeze by out onto the short gangway leading down to the tarmac.

Overhead a bright white sun beams down through the blue sky. From the angle of the sun it is shortly after local noon and it is warm here, even the brisk wind is warm and humid as it blows in from the sea to your west.

A man in a uniform, looks like a local cop, is waiting for you, "I won't say welcome to Waverly Island, folks. I'm just glad it wasn't worse."He is looking at the boat behind you.

When you glance back you see three large blackened areas on the hull. One is up under the cockpit and one is back near the tail, both are roughly circular and it looks like the hull was deformed and pushed out in both places and then run over with a blowtorch. The other is amidships, a smaller circle with a crack trailing from it toward the back, also blackened.

"Damn!" breathes the surviving and upright bodyguard, "Look at that!"

The aide shakes his head and says to the policeman flashing a card from his wallet, "We're going with Mr. Haber, no questions, and I want an armed escort and guard at the hospital! LSP will pay for it and I KNOW you don't what to find out what will happen to you if anything else happens to Ling's local top man!"

Not waiting for a reply he pulls out his comm and starts talking briskly into it. Whatever he is saying is just a jumble of gibberish to the rest of you, but it is interspersed with stern "NO!"s and "Immediately!" as he and the guard veer off from the group heading toward the ambulance where Mr. Haber is being loaded.

The cop raises his eyebrows and shakes his head,"I rather suspect you'll all be claimed by Ling Standard Products Security before long, so you're all going to the hospital for a check up and an interview. Sorry, but I'll keep it quick and painless...my part anyway."

He directs you toward a bus. Carlos, Edwardo, Pedro, Zaki, Donnie, and Benton board the bus for a short ride down a road with swaying palm trees and large flowering bushes lining either side. The bus pulls up to a large four story building fronted by a Waverly Hospital sign. Inside you are all quickly checked out: there is an arm cut and a big bruise on a hip, but otherwise you are all uninjured. The interview is quick and painless as a woman and a man divide you up and go over what happened aboard the flight up to and through the explosions capturing the highlights as you each remember them.

When you are finished you are all herded into another bus and returned to the small airport where a grav transport and a trio of grav tanks are waiting you. A short woman in an LSP uniform backed by a half dozen armed LSP guards are waiting from you. The woman greets you with a smile,"LSP undertook to deliver you to Regina Starport and that is just what we are going to do. Under the circumstances, Mr. Haber wants you to continue on with him, so he can thank you for your service in person." With a slight bow she indicates you should go up the gangway into the grav transport.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 592
Eris wrote:
When you are finished you are all herded into another bus and returned to the small airport where a grav transport and a trio of grav tanks are waiting you. A short woman in an LSP uniform backed by a half dozen armed LSP guards are waiting from you. The woman greets you with a smile,"LSP undertook to deliver you to Regina Starport and that is just what we are going to do. Under the circumstances, Mr. Haber wants you to continue on with him, so he can thank you for your service in person." With a slight bow she indicates you should go up the gangway into the grav transport.


Zaki decides to keep any comments about the grav transport's safety to herself, and instead smiles at the woman. "Thank you." She walks onto the transport, suppressing the flutter in her midsection at the thought of flying again so soon. She accesses the planetary datanet to gather any news or chatter about the crash as she looks for a seat.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:35 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:39 pm
Posts: 47
"Awwwww, Tanks! AND an honour guard aint that just sweet of ya"

I check out the shuttle see if i can recall the type and its capabilities. (Edu)
i grab a seat with a view of the door, pull my cap brim mostly down over my eyes and watch to see who joins us.

"Hey!? Any chance of on-board refreshments? All the smoke from that shuttle has parched our throats. And I aint talking water, we're thirsty, not dirty" He raises his eyebrow.. *sniff* "Good god, i need a shower" he mutters

_________________
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:00 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Eris wrote:
He directs you toward a bus. Carlos, Edwardo, Pedro, Zaki, Donnie, and Benton board the bus for a short ride down a road with swaying palm trees and large flowering bushes lining either side. The bus pulls up to a large four story building fronted by a Waverly Hospital sign. Inside you are all quickly checked out: there is an arm cut and a big bruise on a hip, but otherwise you are all uninjured. The interview is quick and painless as a woman and a man divide you up and go over what happened aboard the flight up to and through the explosions capturing the highlights as you each remember them.

When you are finished you are all herded into another bus and returned to the small airport where a grav transport and a trio of grav tanks are waiting you. A short woman in an LSP uniform backed by a half dozen armed LSP guards are waiting from you. The woman greets you with a smile,"LSP undertook to deliver you to Regina Starport and that is just what we are going to do. Under the circumstances, Mr. Haber wants you to continue on with him, so he can thank you for your service in person." With a slight bow she indicates you should go up the gangway into the grav transport.

Carlos tries to catch Zaki's eye, and if he does, gives a small almost unnoticeable shrug, then boards and sits down, trying to find a comfortable spot that won't press too hard on that hickey on his ass.

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group