(001) A Shuttle Ride To Regina

Eris
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (001) A Shuttle Ride To Regina

#81 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo reaches for the headset and slips it over his head before trying to raise the port authority. "Mayday, coming in hot"

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Eris »

-- Thruster Plate drive (travel between planets) -- offline (cannibilized for AG drive)
-- Grav (AG) drive (land/lift in atmosphere drive) -- online, but ify
-- Power plant -- online,
-- Computer -- online, but it might reset if shorts are detected
-- AG deck grav modules and inertial dampers -- offline (cannibilized for AG drive)
-- Life Support (lights/HVAC) -- online
-- Comm System -- online, intermittent
-- Sensors -- offline

Zaki pulls herself forward steadying herself with one hand against the craft's motions.

Sig is breathing and he doesn't look like he's bleeding, but he has a lump on the side of his head.

Then, Zaki crawls over seats to Haber and his guard. "Mister Haber, do not touch your face. You have been injured, and trying to touch it will only make it worse."

Haber says, "I know, I can't see. Get that comm off to scramble help."

Zaki looks at the guard."Keep doing what you're doing."

The petite woman then half crawls over to the unconscious guard. He is breathing, but is bleeding from a wound in his upper right chest. It looks like shrapnel from the blown hatch forward of him.

Lastly, Zaki checks the aide for obvious injuries. "Are you hurt?"

"What?" the aide appears groggy, but other than a few light contusions and cuts appears okay. He sits up and says, "Mr. Haber! Is Mr. Haber hurt?"

Pedro thinks he can get the boat down to a hover by the time he gets to ground level if they can keep the power at this level. Power to the drive appears to be leveling out at about 35%. The problem is he isn't going to have any range. He's got power to land the boat, but not to lift it and this configuration won't glide, he'll have to do a powered glide descent, right to the deck. Maybe 10 minutes of air time and that's it.

Pedro looks at the sensors...they are all offline! He needs someone with Electronics skill to try to fix them, and fast! Thankfully, the boat out races the clouds below and they fade away behind the boat. With the sun behind him, Pedro can see all the way to the surface now. The boat is passing over a large body of water heading for the terminator (from light to darkness) ahead. In the sea or ocean, he can't be sure, Pedro spots several islands. He might be able to get the boat down on one of them before the boat passes the terminator.

Carlos sizes up the situation. Two men are working furiously. One is babying the computer and the other is working on wiring from the power plant to the AG drive. Carlos sees another electronics tool kit attached the bulkhead that will contain test gear and more tools.

Carlos says, "What do you guys need real quick?"

Benton stands up, scratches his head and starts pointing at one grav plate after another, tracing invisible lines in the air, his lips moving.

"This sure aint pretty, but ....."

He heads back aft, tapping back into the panel, bringing up the grav plate diagnostics he traces the same line over the schematic. Nodding uttering mmhmm's and uh huhs.

"Alright, I'm slowly ramping up power to the plates for diagnostic purposes only... I'll max out at thirty percent. If we're good, i'll increase to 50..."

Donnie lets out a grunt when sparks fly as Benton pushes the power up from 30%.

Working quickly, he momentarily kills power to the drive, saving the controller unit and when Benton drops power Donnie cuts the controller back in. A bit of adjustment and it looks like you can get power up to about 35% before the controls to the drive start to short out. If Benton pushes it any higher the computer will reset and you'll lose all power until it finishes the reboot. It looks like 35% is all you can get.

Edwardo reaches for the headset and slips it over his head before trying to raise the port authority. "Mayday, coming in hot"

Edwardo listens to the loud static coming through the headset, "LSP...73...is...prob...peat.....problem?" is all he can make out. He can't be sure they got his message, and he's not getting much from them.

Suddenly he gets something clearly, it's not from the Port Authority, but from somewhere closer, "LSP boat. This is Waverly Island Airport. We read your emergency and have you on radar, Can you make it here?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: The petite woman then half crawls over to the unconscious guard. He is breathing, but is bleeding from a wound in his upper right chest. It looks like shrapnel from the blown hatch forward of him.

Lastly, Zaki checks the aide for obvious injuries. "Are you hurt?"

"What?" the aide appears groggy, but other than a few light contusions and cuts appears okay. He sits up and says, "Mr. Haber! Is Mr. Haber hurt?"
"He is fine for now," Zaki says. She moves back to the guard with the shrapnel wound. Bracing herself as best she can, Zaki checks his carotid and radial pulses. That done, she opens the med kit and finds the trauma shears. Carefully, she cuts away the clothing from around the wound, and tries to determine if it's allowing air into the man's chest cavity.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro looks at the sensors...they are all offline! He needs someone with Electronics skill to try to fix them, and fast! Thankfully, the boat out races the clouds below and they fade away behind the boat. With the sun behind him, Pedro can see all the way to the surface now. The boat is passing over a large body of water heading for the terminator (from light to darkness) ahead. In the sea or ocean, he can't be sure, Pedro spots several islands. He might be able to get the boat down on one of them before the boat passes the terminator.
Pedro shouts back to the cabin "All right folks, looks like the landing's gonna be just one piece. I'm aiming for land but we might get our toesies a little wet! We're out of the crazy part of the flying so you will want to start checking for flotation and survival gear. We've got about 10 minutes of forward airtime left before we have to get out and push."

He aims for the islands he sees and keeps nursing the thing in the air.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:-- Thruster Plate drive (travel between planets) -- offline (cannibilized for AG drive)
-- AG deck grav modules and inertial dampers -- offline (cannibilized for AG drive)
-- Sensors -- offline

Carlos sizes up the situation. Two men are working furiously. One is babying the computer and the other is working on wiring from the power plant to the AG drive. Carlos sees another electronics tool kit attached the bulkhead that will contain test gear and more tools.

He grabs the kit off the bulkhead and pops it open, showing the contents to the guy who's obviously trying to rewire the boat.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Justin3.14
Strider
Strider

#86 Post by Justin3.14 »

Benton lets out a sigh, scratches his head, this is about as good as it gets...

Benton heads to the cockpit, over the rubble, through the mess into the cockpit and looks out the window, clapping his hand on Pedro's shoulder, he nods.

"The transponder should provide SAR teams our location, failing that, they'll watch our trajectory on active sensors and get a good idea of where we are. If we can avoid dying in this crash, they'll find us pretty quick."

'From popsicles, to an island vacation... Things are looking up"
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#87 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Benton heads to the cockpit, over the rubble, through the mess into the cockpit and looks out the window, clapping his hand on Pedro's shoulder, he nods.

"The transponder should provide SAR teams our location, failing that, they'll watch our trajectory on active sensors and get a good idea of where we are. If we can avoid dying in this crash, they'll find us pretty quick."

Pedro laughs. "Just hope there's a beach bar...I think everyone's due a drink or ten!"

Livin' on sponge cake, watchin' the sun bake...
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:

Pedro laughs. "Just hope there's a beach bar...I think everyone's due a drink or ten!"

Livin' on sponge cake, watchin' the sun bake...
Zaki looks up as Benton practically steps on her patient. "While you are congratulating yourselves, can you find time to call for a medivac? This man may yet die, and he will not survive a crash landing."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Justin3.14
Strider
Strider

#89 Post by Justin3.14 »

Benton thinks to himself 'that one sounds like an officer, well someone has to be in charge.'

He hops in the copilot seat "You wanna look after controlling this falling brick? I'll manage coms and inflight meals."

Benton flips Com 2 over to the standard guard frequency, while keeping Com 1 on Ground Control, momentary static fills his ears.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday, This is inbound shuttle, I am declaring an emergency. We have suffered 2 internal explosions, instruments out, most systems are failing, Anti Grav plates at 35%.". He looks out the viewport. " We are passing through 8,000 attempting to land on one of the islands. Multiple serious and one critical casualty, request medical support."

A scratch of static rakes his ears and he begins the broadcast again.
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Benton thinks to himself 'that one sounds like an officer, well someone has to be in charge.'

He hops in the copilot seat "You wanna look after controlling this falling brick? I'll manage coms and inflight meals."

Pedro will be rather peeved if Benton jumps in his lap while he's desperately trying to get us down in one piece :lol:
Blade.

Justin3.14
Strider
Strider

#91 Post by Justin3.14 »

OOC...Thats what happens when i post from my phone.. ;)
Can my post be nuked?
Benton McKenzie 7568C7

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Eris »

Justin3.14 wrote:OOC...Thats what happens when i post from my phone.. ;)
Can my post be nuked?
I'll edit it when I do the recap, don't worry.

Edwardo is on comms in the 3rd seat, Pedro is in the co-pilot's seat trying to fly the brick, the dead pilot is sprawled across the floor blocking access to the pilot's chair...which isn't working anyway. What someone *needs* to do is try to get sensors working...Electronics or Engineering would be useful here.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by Nuke66 »

"There is a port on Waverley Island, damned if I know which one that might be" Edwardo says out loud.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Keven »

Carlos looks around the alcove, seeing if there's anything obviously disconnected that needs reconnected.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Fidget76
Tracker
Tracker

#95 Post by Fidget76 »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:-- Thruster Plate drive (travel between planets) -- offline (cannibilized for AG drive)
-- Sensors -- offline

He grabs the kit off the bulkhead and pops it open, showing the contents to the guy who's obviously trying to rewire the boat.
Hand me that bundle of cable and something to bind it these cables here. They aren't the same gauge but if I can get the wires to connect without shorting anything else it will be better than nothing.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by Keven »

Fidget76 wrote:
Keven wrote:
-- Sensors -- offline

Hand me that bundle of cable and something to bind it these cables here. They aren't the same gauge but if I can get the wires to connect without shorting anything else it will be better than nothing.
Carlos tosses him a bundle of cable ties and a good length of cable, thicker than the others so it will carry the current without melting through.
In The Marches:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by Eris »

Zaki moves back to the guard with the shrapnel wound. Bracing herself as best she can, Zaki checks his carotid and radial pulses. The pulse is weak. She cuts away the clothing from around the wound. It looks like there is air getting into the man's chest cavity. Toward the back of the cabin Zaki hears a loud groan from one of the marines that was back there and looking that direction she see him holding his bloodstained shoulder.

Pedro shouts back to the cabin "All right folks, looks like the landing's gonna be just one piece. I'm aiming for land but we might get our toesies a little wet! We're out of the crazy part of the flying so you will want to start checking for flotation and survival gear. We've got about 10 minutes of forward airtime left before we have to get out and push."

He aims for the islands he sees and keeps nursing the thing in the air.

"There is a port on Waverly Island, damned if I know which one that might be" Edwardo says out loud.

Benton gets sensors working and as you get closer to the islands you get a lock on Waverly Island. It's a small island with a small town and minor airport so don't expect much.

Pedro fights the controls all the way down, but keeps you in the air as you pass the coast and approach the airfield. Edwardo and the traffic controller on Waverly exchange information and he is assured emergency crews and a medical team will be on the tarmac when you put down.

Looking out the window those in the cockpit see a small tower and a single runway. There is are a pair of ground vehicles next to the tower, a firetruck and an ambulance by the look of them. A cargo plane is parked on a pad off the runway to the left next to a string of hangers and what looks like a large blimp is moored to a pad a couple hundred meters to the right of the runway.

The boat settles to the ground with a thump and screech. Then there is a brief silence as everyone exhales.

The silence is broken by the sounds of sirens as the firetruck and ambulance surge forward toward the boat sitting right in the middle of the runway directly across from the tower.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Fidget76
Tracker
Tracker

#98 Post by Fidget76 »

From the back of the boat Donnie screams out.

"Let's Do It Again!!!!"

Meanwhile, he cleans the oil and dirt from his hands and wipes the copious amounts of sweat from his forehead. He looks as Carlos and says,

"I need a drink, perhaps 12"

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by Keven »

Fidget76 wrote:From the back of the boat Donnie screams out.

"Let's Do It Again!!!!"
Carlos looks at him in disbelief. "You GOTTA be k'hesn JOKING me, tove."
Fidget76 wrote:Meanwhile, he cleans the oil and dirt from his hands and wipes the copious amounts of sweat from his forehead. He looks at Carlos and says,

"I need a drink, perhaps 12"
Carlos gives a lopsided grin. "NOW you're talking."
In The Marches:

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”