OOG: Game

Eris
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOG: Game

#21 Post by Keven »

Quick question regarding trade speculation.

Do you use the Book 2 trade system or the Book 8?
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:Quick question regarding trade speculation.

More or less Book 2. Much less Book 8.

One thing I lean on is this:My Homebrewed Trade Tables

I have also been known to use the T20 Spec Trade Table as it has more than 36 options.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:Quick question regarding trade speculation.

More or less Book 2. Much less Book 8.

One thing I lean on is this:My Homebrewed Trade Tables

I have also been known to use the T20 Spec Trade Table as it has more than 36 options.
I like it. Might have to use it myself (evil chuckle...)
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Justin3.14
Strider
Strider

#24 Post by Justin3.14 »

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by Eris »

Justin3.14 wrote:Merry Christmas everyone!!
And a Merry Christmas from me as well!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:
Justin3.14 wrote:Merry Christmas everyone!!
And a Merry Christmas from me as well!
And a happy New Year :)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Keven »

OK, running into some cash flow problems at the moment. Already lost my home internet, and they shut off my electric. Unemployment SUCKS especially when the state gives you a runaround before giving you/not giving you your money.

I'll be posting randomly for a few days, til March, when I start the new job and can actually LOG IN on the road.

Sorry, kids.
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:OK, running into some cash flow problems at the moment. Already lost my home internet, and they shut off my electric. Unemployment SUCKS especially when the state gives you a runaround before giving you/not giving you your money.

I'll be posting randomly for a few days, til March, when I start the new job and can actually LOG IN on the road.

Sorry, kids.
Sorry to hear that - I hope things get better for you. I've been there, too, and they did :)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:OK, running into some cash flow problems at the moment. Already lost my home internet, and they shut off my electric. Unemployment SUCKS especially when the state gives you a runaround before giving you/not giving you your money.

Sorry, kids.
Dang! That sucks JR! Hope things get better for you soon.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:

Sorry, kids.

Eris
That was Keven, but I echo the sentiments ;-)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:

Sorry, kids.

Eris
That was Keven, but I echo the sentiments ;-)
Drat, I missed that!

Sorry Keven, what I said to JR, I say to you!

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOG: Re-Opening Applications

#32 Post by Eris »

As the subject states, I'm re-opening applications for 2 or 3 more players. Due to what's coming we really need to add an Engineering/Tech PC and a Gun Bunny or two, ie. Kaylee and Jayne.

Pedro <-- Pilot
Zaki <-- Medic/Steward
Edwardo <-- Purser/Steward
Carlos <-- Navigator
??? <-- Engineer
??? <-- Gunnery/Security/Combat

I've been very happy with the game so far. I hope all of you have, too. However, you're about to embark on a search and extraction scenario where combat is probably going to play a big part...eventually. Warning...combat in Traveller is pretty deadly, so there might be deaths if you get in a firefight, and you may have to to extract Lord William.

You are also working toward getting a ship and you're going to need an Engineer when that happens. I could NPC the Engineer, but I'd rather plug a PC in for that position.

Keven's Carlos is a problem, because I don't know when he's going to get the internet connection and the time/attention to rejoin the game. Yes, I can continue to NPC Carlos for now, and I will, but there is probably going to come a time where we need to replace his character.

If any of you know someone you'd like to bring in, and wants to join, give them a heads up.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOG: Secondary Characters

#33 Post by Eris »

If any current players would like to run one of the NPCs from (003) At Home With the Luzan that can be arranged. I'm happy to add more players, would like to! However, if Keven, Bruce, JR and/or Edwardo want to run a secondary character that'll work, too.

I thought this would be an interesting scenario to run through with the main party searching for and trying to rescue Lord William "Windy" McLoud while a secondary party already with Windy are trying to stay alive, escape, and take out the Luzan terrorist/pirates. Oh, and if you can liberate one of the ships that Windy and his group are repairing you might just have your ship going forward. :)

The PC's in that thread might well "go away" if/when they are rescued or killed, but while they are alive and captive, they are available for play. Might well go away doesn't mean they have to disappear, though, so keep that in mind.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Eris »

I have made contact with 2 more players. With their addition we will have a party of 8 and Eight is Enough...to crib from an old US TV show. I want to give the last two folks a chance to get their PC's in and join the party before we lift from Ruie, so carry on with your chat and getting settled on the ship.

Lady Jane has a crew of 3 aboard (Pilot, Engineer, Steward) so none of you will have to work this jump.

As for as accommodations go, Lady Jane gets her own suite. The Pilot/Captain gets his own suite. The Engineer and Steward are sharing a stateroom. Charlie has been given a place to sleep...it's a closet that got cleared out and a cot moved in. However, everyone else (all PC's) will have to double up in staterooms, so you might want to choose who shares staterooms with whom over drinks in the Lounge.

Charlie, btw, is already in the Lounge and he's about 4 drinks ahead of you. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ffilz »

What is Chandra's background on the hire?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:What is Chandra's background on the hire?
In both his and Sigrun's case, they were looking for work and had put notices out. They were contacted by a intermediary and hired.

What both were told is that Lady Jane's husband, Lord William Featherstuff, heir to the Earldom is MIA on Ruie. A former POW, Charlie Hart, has a story that he was with Lord William at a POW camp on Ruie and just before the prisoners were shipped up to Imperial ships to be repatriated, some trucks arrived at the camp and took several prisoners, including Lord William, away. A guard told him that the Luzan had "bought all the technicians and engineers." Charlie doesn't know much else, but he would recognize some of the local guards and the Ruie Officer that was in command when William was taken away. Your job is to find Lord William and recover him dead or alive...preferably alive.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Tiglath »

Guys, I have become aware that the site is currently suffering some server issues. The mods & admin are aware and dealing but I advise care when posting/performing any actions. One symptom of the problem is that folk are finding themselves logged in as some other board member's identity!
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Guys, I have become aware that the site is currently suffering some server issues. The mods & admin are aware and dealing but I advise care when posting/performing any actions. One symptom of the problem is that folk are finding themselves logged in as some other board member's identity!
Nice. It seems to have logged me in correctly...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Guys, I have become aware that the site is currently suffering some server issues. The mods & admin are aware and dealing but I advise care when posting/performing any actions. One symptom of the problem is that folk are finding themselves logged in as some other board member's identity!
Yeah, I had real difficulty even logging in today. I see where people are being logged in to other people's accounts, too. Flaky business right now.

I'm sure the Moderators will get it sorted out.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Nice. It seems to have logged me in correctly...
Not me sometimes.

It also doesn't update the post count right. I posted a move, didn't show it.
In The Marches:

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”