OOG: Game

Eris
bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

Re: OOG: Game

#41 Post by bluekieran2 »

Not sure if I should be turning up also at this point, or if I'm getting hired/written in later, let me know.
Into The Marches: Joe Whistler, 7B9378, 30, Army Captain, (3 terms).
Rifle-2, SMG-2, Vacc Suit-1, Brawling-1, Gunnery-1, Mechanic-1, Recon-1.
10,000 cr, SMG.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: I want to give the last two folks a chance to get their PC's in and join the party before we lift from Ruie ...

Lady Jane has a crew of 3 aboard (Pilot, Engineer, Steward) so none of you will have to work this jump.

As for as accommodations go, Lady Jane gets her own suite. The Pilot/Captain gets his own suite. The Engineer and Steward are sharing a stateroom. Charlie has been given a place to sleep...it's a closet that got cleared out and a cot moved in. However, everyone else (all PC's) will have to double up in staterooms, so you might want to choose who shares staterooms with whom over drinks in the Lounge.

Charlie, btw, is already in the Lounge and he's about 4 drinks ahead of you. :)
As I understand events the above follows Frank and I joining so I'm pretty sure you are due to join now.

Don't miss the bus! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Character Portraits in Daz 3D

#43 Post by joertexas »

As you may have seen with Zaki, I use Daz 3D to generate character portraits.

If you would like me to make one up for you, please let me know. I generally set up a Skype session, and walk through the process with the owner.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

Re: Character Portraits in Daz 3D

#44 Post by bluekieran2 »

joertexas wrote:As you may have seen with Zaki, I use Daz 3D to generate character portraits.

If you would like me to make one up for you, please let me know. I generally set up a Skype session, and walk through the process with the owner.
Is there a place for them? If so I may just use a photo of Brian Patrick Wade, the actor who played Cpt. Craig 'Encino Man' Schwetje in the TV miniseries of Generation Kill. Although if you fancy making a slightly skinnier version of him (it needn't actually bear much resemblance) in a vacc suit with an SMG, I won't say no!

Edit: even better might be the actual guy he's playing: Google image search has a couple of pics of Captain Craig Schwetje in uniform.
10,000 cr, SMG.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Eris »

bluekieran2 wrote:Not sure if I should be turning up also at this point, or if I'm getting hired/written in later, let me know.
Turn up now! Lady Jane contracted with a broker to send her a few folks to help with the mission and your PC is one of them.

Just show up at the ship and come on in! ;)

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: The meds are described very broadly in the list as:

Medical Drugs: These medications include vaccines, antitoxins and antibiotics. They range in cost from Cr5 to 1D6x1,000 Credits, depending on the rarity and complexity of the drug. Medicinal drugs require the Medic skill to use properly – using the wrong drug can be worse than doing nothing. With a successful Medic check the correct drug can counteract most poisons or diseases, or at the very least give a positive DM towards resisting them. If the wrong drug is administered, treat it as a Difficult (–2 DM) poison with a damage of 1D6.

My guess is their use would act as a +ve DM to a Medic roll for successful treatment - but I defer to the learned DM).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: The meds are described very broadly in the list as:

Medical Drugs: These medications include vaccines, antitoxins and antibiotics. They range in cost from Cr5 to 1D6x1,000 Credits, depending on the rarity and complexity of the drug. Medicinal drugs require the Medic skill to use properly – using the wrong drug can be worse than doing nothing. With a successful Medic check the correct drug can counteract most poisons or diseases, or at the very least give a positive DM towards resisting them. If the wrong drug is administered, treat it as a Difficult (–2 DM) poison with a damage of 1D6.

My guess is their use would act as a +ve DM to a Medic roll for successful treatment - but I defer to the learned DM).
Okay, sounds good.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

#48 Post by bluekieran2 »

Have I missed a basic briefing somewhere? Or is Lady Jane someone I could start asking about background, and the basic facts of the disappearance?

Also, can I train a skill I don't have? Whistler would be a bit more useful with Stealth...
10,000 cr, SMG.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: The meds are described very broadly in the list as:

Yes, that's my take, too. You still need a medic to prescribe the right drug and use it successfully. That requires a Medic rolls. The drug doesn't help with the prescription roll, but the drugs provide a nice big bonus to the use rolls.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Eris »

bluekieran2 wrote:Have I missed a basic briefing somewhere? Or is Lady Jane someone I could start asking about background, and the basic facts of the disappearance?
Here's a summary: Lord William was in the Imperial Navy. He was captured and sent to a POW camp on Ruie. Charlie Hart, also a POW, had made friends with Lord William, who he calls "Windy."

One day, just before the POW's were repatrated to the Imperium, a truck showed up and several (12) prisoners were put on it and taken away. All 12 were Engineers, Mechanics, Technicians, Pilots. One of the guards told Charlie that "Luzan bought them and as long as they were useful they'd treat them okay." He doesn't know what Luzan is, and other than being able to name that guard and recognize him (and several others) by sight he's not much use.

The Imperial Navy has listed the 12 missing folks as MIA and don't appear to be looking for them. Lady Jane and her father in law (the Earl) found out that Charlie was on Regina and had information that William was alive, so they (she really) contracted the original party to go find him. She decided that they were light in combat skills so she went out and got a few more folks to help with the search and extraction. The Earl often took his yacht to Ruie to "hunt in the jungles" so that is your cover. The Earl isn't coming along because he is ill (dying really) and Lady Jane (who has all the money) wants her husband back alive so she can become a Duchess upon the current Earl's death. She has paid big money for that title and she isn't going to let it go to some cousin of the Earl's!

You are hired to find William and get him back. Once you do that if all of you want to team up aboard a ship (the first four have a patron back on Regina that will help them get a used ship) that will be cool!
Also, can I train a skill I don't have? Whistler would be a bit more useful with Stealth...
Yes, here's how I'm dealing with training.

To raise an unknown skill to 0, you must study for a number of weeks equal to the number of skill levels you currently have. Example: Jack only has Pistol-2, Rifle-1 and he wants to train in Computers. He has to train for 3 weeks after which he has Computer-0.

To raise a skill you already have at 0 or higher to the next higher number, you must study for a number of weeks equal to the total number of skill levels you currently have plus the next higher level you're training for. Example: Jack has gotten his Computer-0, so he has 3 total levels right now, but he must train another 4 weeks (3+1) to get to Computer-1, and if he wants Rifle-2 next he must train for 4+2 weeks to get to Rifle-2.

Training involves putting in an hour or two every day. A PC can do other things during this period, but must make sure to say he is putting in his time in training. You can only train one skill at a time and if you stop for an extended period (Ref's decision) you lose the work you've put in.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Tiglath »

bluekieran2 wrote:Whistler would be a bit more useful with Stealth...
I re read Recon - the CES version gives us both "perception" and “stealth” skills as below:

"Recon
This skill represents the ability to scout out dangers and spot threats, unusual objects or out of place people.
Characters skilled in Recon are adept at staying unseen and unheard". (p.54)

A few thoughts while I’m on.

We may not need a leader any more than a "spokesperson for the team".

Sigrun’s IC actions are designed promote a sword world “power behind the throne” solution to the perceived problem of Lady Jane’s military inexperience.

I’m not for a minute hoping to overthrow our democracy! :)

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

#52 Post by bluekieran2 »

Tiglath wrote:I re read Recon - the CES version gives us both "perception" and “stealth” skills as below:
Oh, cool, I hadn't looked at the skills properly and was still running of my MgT2e knowledge. In that case, Joe will probably get some vehicle skills - maybe Grav or Wheeled vehicle, not sure which is most likely to be useful.
10,000 cr, SMG.

bluekieran2
Runner
Runner

#53 Post by bluekieran2 »

Hi, I'm afraid I'm going to bow out, I'm afraid the pace and nature of the game is proving more frustrating than enjoyable for me. Hope it all goes well, though!
10,000 cr, SMG.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by joertexas »

bluekieran2 wrote:Hi, I'm afraid I'm going to bow out, I'm afraid the pace and nature of the game is proving more frustrating than enjoyable for me. Hope it all goes well, though!
Sorry to see you go...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Eris »

bluekieran2 wrote:Hi, I'm afraid I'm going to bow out, I'm afraid the pace and nature of the game is proving more frustrating than enjoyable for me. Hope it all goes well, though!
Sorry to hear this. I know this style of game isn't for everyone. Still hate to lose you before we even get to Ruie, though. Oh, well!

I'll NPC Whistler until I can find a way for him to gracefully disappear.

Best of luck and good gaming!

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Tiglath »

That's a shame - you will be missed.

FWIW I like all the character interaction but would be in favour of an increase in the pace of events if possible. That being said I’ll go with the flow.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by ffilz »

Sorry to see you go. I've been struggling to follow all the role playing, much more than I'm used to from the other PbP gaming I've been doing, but I'm holding out to see where things go. The volume isn't so much I can't follow the posting and eventually something will happen that demands a response from Chandra...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Tiglath »

No sooner the word than the deed! ;)

Check back in the shipboard thread (04).

Chandra has rather missed out on the inter character chat - but no more! :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by ffilz »

Again apologies if Chandra is sort of a quiet sort... I'm still adjusting to PbP with much more role play than I'm used to...

Well, engineers tend to be sort of quiet folks.... (says the quiet software engineer player....)

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Again apologies if Chandra is sort of a quiet sort... I'm still adjusting to PbP with much more role play than I'm used to...

Well, engineers tend to be sort of quiet folks.... (says the quiet software engineer player....)

Frank
Chandra is with Zaki, Carlos, Pedro, and Edwardo in the terminal building, correct?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”