OOG: Game

Eris
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOG: Game

#61 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Again apologies if Chandra is sort of a quiet sort... I'm still adjusting to PbP with much more role play than I'm used to...

Well, engineers tend to be sort of quiet folks.... (says the quiet software engineer player....)

Frank
Chandra is with Zaki, Carlos, Pedro, and Edwardo in the terminal building, correct?
Yes.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:
joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Again apologies if Chandra is sort of a quiet sort... I'm still adjusting to PbP with much more role play than I'm used to...

Well, engineers tend to be sort of quiet folks.... (says the quiet software engineer player....)

Frank
Chandra is with Zaki, Carlos, Pedro, and Edwardo in the terminal building, correct?
Yes.
Zaki asked Chandra if he wanted to go to the library, right before she and Carlos started talking about datanets.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by ffilz »

I've been trying to follow things and keep my interest level up, it seems like we really have a mercenary ticket here, and I'm not quite sure what my role will be if hostilities break out... If the goal is to run off with one of the prize ships after the firefight, I guess my role would be to help get the prize up and running...

Just wanting to understand things, at the moment feeling a bit like a wallflower...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Tiglath »

Hi Frank,

Hopefully the party now has some actionable Intel on the Luzon and a sighting of some POWs. If we take the military option - which is perhaps a generous term for what will be a heist ;) You will be fully involved in matters piratical. In fact, because we need every gun we can muster, a front row seat is guaranteed! :) On this job everyone is "infantry" - so he'll need his shotgun and very possibly his dagger! Guess who gets to creep up on sentries or engage in melee on the bridge of our prizes? (Accidentally shooting the flight controls of something you want to get away in is bad ... )

In the event we successfully steal a starship anyone with shipboard skills will be crucial - Chandra will be vital to getting the ships underway by "crash starting" the manueuvre drives and power plants (Engineering) and then defending them during the escape (Gunnery).

Jonathan
Last edited by Tiglath on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:I've been trying to follow things and keep my interest level up, it seems like we really have a mercenary ticket here, and I'm not quite sure what my role will be if hostilities break out... If the goal is to run off with one of the prize ships after the firefight, I guess my role would be to help get the prize up and running...

Just wanting to understand things, at the moment feeling a bit like a wallflower...

Frank
At the moment, Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, and Chandra are all at the Tabor City central library. Zaki is digging through stacks of periodicals, while Carlos surfs the local datanet, looking for information about Imperial POWs. Edwardo is talking to one of the librarians.

I'm not sure what Pedro and Chandra are up to, but I'd think they are helping with the data mining effort.

We haven't heard from our intrepid flyers yet, though...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Hi Frank,

Hopefully the party now has some actionable Intel on the Luzon and a sighting of some POWs. If we take the military option - which is perhaps a generous term for what will be a heist ;) You will be fully involved in matters piratical. In fact, because we need every gun we can muster, a front row seat is guaranteed! :) On this job everyone is "infantry" - so he'll need his shotgun!

In the event we successfully steal a starship anyone with shipboard skills will be crucial - Chandra will be vital to getting the ships underway by "crash starting" the manueuvre drives and power plants (Engineering) and defending them during the escape (Gunnery).

Jonathan
Just feeling a bit out of place coming to a gun fight with Dagger-1 as his best combat skill... But I suppose only Sigrun has better than 1 skill with a weapon...

Guess we'll either die fast or get a ship :-)

Partly I'm just itching with the apparent slowness of all the PbP I'm involved in...

Frank

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Tiglath »

All the more reason to get into melee! ;)

The "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king" saying applies - if you are fighting ship's crew with no melee skills then you are streets ahead! :)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote:We haven't heard from our intrepid flyers yet, though...
Okay, so we have heard from them, and I missed it. Replying now...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Tiglath »

I was just going to say! We're back! :)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:I've been trying to follow things and keep my interest level up, it seems like we really have a mercenary ticket here, and I'm not quite sure what my role will be if hostilities break out... If the goal is to run off with one of the prize ships after the firefight, I guess my role would be to help get the prize up and running...

Frank
Yes, this episode is pretty mercenary. Getting away with the ship, or ships, is the ultimate payoff. Getting paid for returning Lord William, of course, is a nice payday, but getting a ship is...:)

Frank, jump in! I guarantee Chandra will find useful things to do. ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Nuke66 »

A ship would be nice, but what do we do with our current ride, we need to take that back as well. Edwardo doesn't have any combat skills either. Perhaps he should get the yacht back? Just talking it out.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:A ship would be nice, but what do we do with our current ride, we need to take that back as well. Edwardo doesn't have any combat skills either. Perhaps he should get the yacht back? Just talking it out.
"Excuse me, Sir." says the steward Doug McDonald who has been serving your food. "I feel sure that Captain Smith and Miss Jones can get Lady Jane and The Old Dream back to Regina if you are acquiring other transportation for yourselves and Lord William."

"I know Lady Jane is indisposed, which is perhaps a good thing otherwise she would be leading the assault." McDonald says dryly, "But, it might be wise to include Captain Smith in your planning, especially if you think you can use this ship in your rescue operation."

Reposting to the game thread...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:

Frank
Yes, this episode is pretty mercenary. Getting away with the ship, or ships, is the ultimate payoff. Getting paid for returning Lord William, of course, is a nice payday, but getting a ship is...:)

Frank, jump in! I guarantee Chandra will find useful things to do. ;)
I'll try and have something to chime in on tomorrow...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by joertexas »

Eris, can you draw up a map for us, showing the POW compound and the ships?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote:Eris, can you draw up a map for us, showing the POW compound and the ships?
Also, I'm thinking that the starships are impervious to small arms fire, but the G-Carrier isn't. Is that correct?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOG: State of the Game

#76 Post by Eris »

Folks, I'm worried about this game.

It seems like only Tiglath and JR are posting, with Nuke occasionally adding something. We're not getting posts from Bruce, Keven or Mark, at all. I've even take to sending email attachments with the print view of the forum posts to them to see if I can encourage them to post, so far nothing. :( I know I've not posted a lot, but part of that is me waiting for posts from more players, posts that so far aren't coming, before moving on.

Is it the forum format? Would this game work better if it were a mailing list? I know Akus and SB email games I run have lasted a long time and we haven't lost posters as often there. I know, I tend to post more and more often in the PBEM (email) games than I do in PBP (forum) games.

The only advantages of forum games to mailing list games that I can think of are games are easier for non-players to read and because they are on forums it might be easier to recruit new players. Are there some advantages to playing on a forum rather than by email that I'm missing?

What do you think? Should we keep this game on the forum or think about moving it to a mailing list?

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by ffilz »

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I'm still not sure how to engage. Maybe that's the problem for some of the others also, the active posters seem to be doing a good job of planning out the raid.

e-mail for me would be easier to get lost among all my other e-mails, but if that's the way we decide to go, I'll make the move over. Forums do have the advantage of multiple threads and sub-forums making it a bit easier to find things (on the other hand, mail filters can do wonders for searching).

Forums used to have an advantage of accessibility from multiple machines, but now I have my e-mail live on the server for at least a month, so all machines can download all mail (I used to have my home machine delete from the server on download).

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOG: State of the Game

#78 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:What do you think? Should we keep this game on the forum or think about moving it to a mailing list?
I'm okay either way.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by Nuke66 »

Format doesn't matter to me, either or...

As for the posting, I myself have been busy, limited to quick posts to keep the game moving. It doesn't help that Edwardo is not really combat ready, but he's gonna do it!

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Tiglath »

Happy as we are but OK whichever way.

As a PS I'll add that I find that having PC's equipment lists handy on the forum useful. I also see the advantage for advertising / recruiting purposes.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”