#81 Post by Tiglath »

Any news / update on where we are at?

PM sent last week.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOG: Game

#82 Post by Eris »

Sorry for being AWOL, folks.

I live in Florida, far north west but still Florida. I've been preparing for an unwelcome visitor named Irma. Knock on wood, she seems to have decided to stay well east of my location, but this time of year you can't be too careful. We remember Andrew, Katrina, Ivan, among other storms that hit the east coast of Florida and then decided to travel cross state and come visiting up here along the Gulf Coast. Even up here, gas stations are out of gas and store shelves are empty, and we're all walking on egg shells. BTW, the front that is suppose to turn Irma north into Miami just went through with a line of rain and temperatures went from upper 80's down to lower 80's. If Florida is lucky this front will be enough to weaken the Atlantic High and let Irma turn north east of the Florida Coast. That won't help the Bahamas, though, nor...probably...the Carolinas. Irma is going to punch somebody in the CONUS really hard.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Tiglath »

I'm sure all our thoughts are with you. Stay safe!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Sorry for being AWOL, folks.
Understandable, Eris. Keep your head down.

We just got some rain and wind from Harvey in San Antonio, but one of my nieces in Houston got six feet of water in her house.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOG: Irma and Me

#85 Post by Eris »

Well, we're still outside the Cone of Uncertainty...wouldn't that be a good item in D&D?...but we're only 50 miles out and Irma is 400 miles wide. I don't wish it on anyone, but I do hope it doesn't come more west. Let's all blow really hard and see if we can turn it east out to sea. Ha! Ha!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Hurricane Nate!

#86 Post by Eris »

It looks like Nate is coming to visit. The track has moved east from Louisiana to the AL/MS line and may either move more east or track NE after landfall. Nate is projected to be a Cat 1 at landfall, but with the warm water in the Gulf could get up to Cat 2. Keep in mind that going up from a Cat Level means about 10 times worse damage.

I'm 10 miles east of Pensacola and about 20 miles inland. We are sure to get prolonged Tropical Storm winds and if Nate strengthens (and I think it will) Hurricane force winds for a few hours. TS isn't too bad, but even Cat 1 is a real bitch! Ivan just about destroyed the coastal areas here and it was a Cat 2, and you all know what Cat 3 Katrina did. Folks, I've only evacuated once and that was when Cat 3 Opal hit us back in 1995.

Where I am there's no danger of storm surge or flooding and this house is sturdy, so unless a tornado hits us I think we'll be okay from the winds of a Cat 1 storm. At the moment, I'm more worried about roof damage and leaks than anything else. Overall, I'm sure there will be some damage to trees and the maybe to the house, but unless we roll two or three consecutive 2's we should be okay.

However, electricity, cell and internet will very likely go out and stay out for a long time. We were dark for two weeks when Ivan (Cat 2) came through in 2004 and one week when Dennis (Cat 1) hit in 2005. So, don't be surprised if I'm not around for a couple of weeks. Don't been overly worried, because I'm probably fine, just dropped down a few tech levels for a bit.

I'll continue to post until I lose power, but don't be surprised if the games aren't my primary interest right now. On the other side of this when I get a chance to let y'all know that I'm okay, I'll do so.

Wish me luck!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hurricane Nate!

#87 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:I'll continue to post until I lose power, but don't be surprised if the games aren't my primary interest right now. On the other side of this when I get a chance to let y'all know that I'm okay, I'll do so.

Wish me luck!
Batten down the hatches. We will be here when you return :-)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Tiglath »

Yes indeed! Good Luck!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Wish me luck!
Eris (and anyone else in the area of effect), how did you fare with Nate?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:

Well, I'm back and none worse than before Nate...mostly. We lost power for a few hours and Cable/Internet for a day. There were a few limbs down in the yard, but no trees. I saw a couple of shingles on the ground, but I'm not sure they came from our roof...wrong color. We had a small roof leak during the peak of the storm, but I think it was horizontal water being blown in under the roof vent, as it only leaked when the wind was blowing its hardest and the rain was coming down in sheets. Other than that and cleaning up after a very upset dog and cat who decided to fight the storm with pee and feces we came through okay.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Well, I'm back and none worse than before Nate...mostly. We lost power for a few hours and Cable/Internet for a day. There were a few limbs down in the yard, but no trees. I saw a couple of shingles on the ground, but I'm not sure they came from our roof...wrong color. We had a small roof leak during the peak of the storm, but I think it was horizontal water being blown in under the roof vent, as it only leaked when the wind was blowing its hardest and the rain was coming down in sheets. Other than that and cleaning up after a very upset dog and cat who decided to fight the storm with pee and feces we came through okay.
Glad to hear you had only minor inconvenience. I lived through hurricane Fran in Raleigh NC, though my only impact was a week or so without power, ultimately addressed by staying in a co-worker's guest room.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Tiglath »

Glad to hear you are safe and well!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by joertexas »

How do y'all set up that Show and Hide for your character stats in your signature line?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:How do y'all set up that Show and Hide for your character stats in your signature line?
Go to your profile and wrap a spoiler tag around what you want to Show/Hide in your signature.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:How do y'all set up that Show and Hide for your character stats in your signature line?
Go to your profile and wrap a spoiler tag around what you want to Show/Hide in your signature.
Great! Thanks! :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by joertexas »

Eris, since Keven is offline for a while, Carlos is an NPC, correct?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:Eris, since Keven is offline for a while, Carlos is an NPC, correct?
Yeah...I wish Keven would come back, I know he's on Facebook, but yeah, Carlos is an NPC for now.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#99 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Hey happy thanksgiving, all! Hope yours is more fall-like than ours! 87 degrees here today! But there's a turkey in the oven, sides getting done and I've got a moment to sit with a glass of wine. Not a bad day at all!
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Tiglath »

Happy Thanksgiving to all those across the pond! :)

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”