OOG: Game

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOG: Game

#141 Post by joertexas »

Zaki has been working to increase her strength, since her injuries have left her weakened. She can't use the standard Imperial treatments to quickly heal injuries (she is searching for treatments that will work for her). She's been working out with stretching exercises and other basic routines that she knows. Her STR is 4 now - how can she bring it up to 5?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Tiglath »

I’ve been looking through CES for things that might improve our lot and I came across the robots section p.73/74.

The following might give us relatively cheap extra cover in vital skills:

Autodoc (TL 12): An autodoc is a specialized, immobile medical robot, which is often installed inside vehicles or spacecraft.
Price: Cr40,000 for Medic 2

This gives Zaki some backup / on hand second opinion and (heaven forbid!) she gets injured or ill some chance of survival rather than the rest of us treating her (with pirate medicine! ;) ).

And these guys are super cheap, give Chandra some back up and could do damage control / hazardous repairs!

Repair Robot (TL 11): Shipboard repair robots are small crab-shaped machines that carry a variety of welding and cutting tools. Repair robots may run Engineering rather than Mechanics.
Price: Cr10,000 for Engineering 2 / Mechanic 2.

Drones are also interesting and Comms is the gateway skill to operating them - so Edwardo could have minions! :) They handle cargo, do surveillance and can also carry weapons. ;)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#143 Post by ffilz »

I'm not sure I ever really got it clarified which rule set we're using and where we can draw equipment from... There are differences in equipment between the various Traveller rule sets (and if we're running under Mongoose Traveller skills, Chandra should have to specialize his Engineering).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by Keven »

Thought LJ snapped them up.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by Keven »

OK, couple things...

We're gonna be packing 8 LSP manager types out and back. We have room for 8 high passengers. So much for passengers/hijackers. We're getting 400k for this. So we run cargo. Good thing we have 150t space and an onboard atm. :D

5 crew staterooms and 7 PCs. Assuming John Lee stays. (Anybody hear from him lately?) Zaki and Carlos already declared they're doubling up, so we'll need 2 other PCs to double up. Or, we mod the cargo bay for a couple more staterooms down the line...

Zaki and Carlos are likely to want to hit up that bug in the Alcabra for skinsuits. That'll take a week to make, and burn 15k each. Carlos will be a tad bit short on his ship shares. Plus, prolly gonna need some ship uniforms (3 or 4 coveralls in the 'company' color scheme, etc)

Autodoc? GREAT idea. Same with cargo bots/repair bots.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Tiglath »

Keven wrote:
Thought LJ snapped them up.
Yes, indeed. I tracked this down on the last page of the Regina Sunrise chapter.

Quote: Lady Jane has purchased your cargo transported from Ruie for 100,000 credits

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Tiglath »

Keven wrote:OK, couple things...

We're gonna be packing 8 LSP manager types out and back. We have room for 8 high passengers.
You are right but I think we start with the eight replacements on board and drop two at each port on the way out and then reverse course picking two up at each port on the return leg. So our passenger total goes 8,6,4,2 outbound and then we reload at Rangent and go 2,4,6,8. This might just be the way I've read it - or misread it! :)

However, it is easier and more secure to just freight the LSP guys and ride shotgun on them!

Sigrun has declared that she's sharing with John Lee. He has no choice - he has been chosen! :shock: :) For ease of everything let's assume these two continue to share and hopefully Mark/Eclipse will join back in. I don't know if he has been sent/responded to a PM or similar :?:

If by skinsuits you mean the high tech "tailored" type of vacc suits then they are a great piece of kit which also gives good armour protection. Since we've all been paid I would recommend anyone who hasn't got one buy one. Thinking aloud here but is it worth the party funds buying these? And have them made up in the company colours? [Sigrun already has one if we want to save some money].

Taking Frank's point on kit/equipment I used CES because I believed that was the "common ground" but anything I find and put forward is a) merely a suggestion for group discussion b) has the "something a bit like this" tag attached - certainly until approved by the DM! :)

On the CES robots list there is a Steward Bot. This helps us out by not occupying a stateroom like a crewman would but it is expensive as is the Cargo Bot (which due to the ship design we might not need as much):

Servitor (TL 13): Servitor robots are expensive humanoid robots who are programmed to act as butlers or servants to the nobility. Steward 2 / Liaison 2. Price: Cr120,000

Cargo Robot (TL 11): These simple, heavy-duty robots are found in starport docks and on board cargo ships. Price: Cr75,000
A Cargo Drone might be cheaper and Edwardo could "pilot" it with his Comms skill..
Last edited by Tiglath on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Tiglath »

"Minions" Edwardo says, "I'd like minions."

Here's a list of potential Minions - every noble should have minions ... :)

OOC: are they 40K per?

The Autodoc is 40KCr and, being immobile, effectively becomes Zaki's examination couch in the med bay. We will only need one.

Disclaimer: I'm hoping to help out by putting stuff and ideas from the CES equipment list here for discussion. Obviously all has to be approved by Eris and values may vary. To avoid confusion with the cut and pasted material from CES I've put my humble opinion in purple. I also get no commission on robot sales! ;) :D

Minion List: [NB Drones you have to "fly" yourself whilst Robots are independant].

Personal Drone (TL 11): This is a small floating globe about thirty centimeters in diameter. It is equipped with holographic projectors which can display the image of a person, allowing a character to have a virtual presence over a great distance.
Traits: Tiny, Integral System (comm, audio/visual), Integral System (grav floater), Integral System (TL 11 holographic projector) Price: Cr2,000

Being a basic "snooper" drone this thing has no independant function unless Edwardo is piloting it (around the ship telling the PCs to attend the bridge for an audience with his Lordship :D So cheap I'd buy it for this function alone ... ;) However, this little guy effectively delivers cheap tactical recon in a sneaky and survivable (difficult to spot and shoot) package).

Probe Drone (TL 11): A probe drone is a hardened version of a personal remote, armored and carrying more sensor packages. They have an operating range of five hundred kilometers, and can fly at a speed of 300 kph.
Traits: Armor 5, Integral System (comm, audio/visual), Integral System (grav belt), Integral System (TL 11 holographic projector), Integral System (every sensor available at TL 11 and below)*
Price: Cr15,000

*This is very nearly a military spec long range Recon drone - if you add additional sensors and stealth tech as below then it effectively is!
TL 12 PRIS (Portable Radiation Imaging System) allows the user to observe a large section of the EM-spectrum, from infrared to gamma rays. Cr3,500.
A chameleon surface may be added to a combat environment suit, combat armor, or battle dress at tech level 12+, at an additional cost of Cr1000. (Striker Book 3).

Combat Drone (TL 12): Combat drones are little more than flying guns mated to a grav floater and a computer system. The drones must be piloted with the Remote Operations skill but attacks are made using the appropriate weapon skill.
Traits: Armor 9, Integral System (grav floater), Integral Weapon (any) Price: Cr90,000,

And then there's this - because Edwardo has Streetwise so is shady enough ... :

Combat drones loaded with Intellect and combat Expert programs (making them autonomous combat robots) are illegal on many worlds.

A little bit more discrete shopping and Edwardo has himself a Warbot! Oh yeah! :twisted:

Robot and Drone Extras/Options:
Armor: Armor can be increased by 5, which increases the drone or robot’s cost by 25%.
Integral Weapon: Any suitable weapon can be added to a drone or robot, at the cost of Cr10,000 + the cost of the weapon.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#149 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro has been lusting after a bug skinsuit for a long long time, so he's definitely going to spend some of his money on that. Eris described these when we were at Sawhuffa's shop viewtopic.php?f=420&t=6120&start=180
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Tiglath »

Yes indeed - that's them! :) Fabulous bits of kit!

In my Traveller knowledge I knew them as "Tailored Vacc Suits" - I have now updated my vocabulary! ;)

And, because I can't help myself, these are good too ...

http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/MediKit

Although I fear Zaki won't let Sigrun "adjust" them to carry combat drugs! However, it might be cool to link them all to her holodisplay and the autodoc.

I will now stop shopping!

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#151 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:
Keven wrote:OK, couple things...

We're gonna be packing 8 LSP manager types out and back. We have room for 8 high passengers.
You are right but I think we start with the eight replacements on board and drop two at each port on the way out and then reverse course picking two up at each port on the return leg. So our passenger total goes 8,6,4,2 outbound and then we reload at Rangent and go 2,4,6,8. This might just be the way I've read it - or misread it! :)

However, it is easier and more secure to just freight the LSP guys and ride shotgun on them!
You got it right: 8, 6, 4, 2 then 2, 4, 6, 8 on the way back.
Sigrun has declared that she's sharing with John Lee. He has no choice - he been chosen! :shock: :) For ease of everything let's assume these two continue to share and hopefully Mark/Eclipse will join back in. I don't know if he has been sent/responded to a PM or similar :?:
Yes, I PM'ed Mark, but he hasn't responded. I don't have an email for him or I'd send a direct email. Like you I hope he checks in and sees that we're playing and join back in, but until then I'm going to NPC John Lee...although he's going to be the strong silent type for the most part.
If by skinsuits you mean the high tech "tailored" type of vacc suits then they are a great piece of kit which also gives good armour protection. Since we've all been paid I would recommend anyone who hasn't got one buy one. Thinking aloud here but is it worth the party funds buying these? And have them made up in the company colours? [Sigrun already has one if we want to save some money].
These are body suits of a special fabric that hugs the body and maintains a normal pressure from vacuum to very dense atmosphere. It protects from most exotic and some insidious gases. It also helps with temperature regulation through transpiration of perspiration, but only a little. What it doesn't do is provide oxygen or completely deal with temperature and it isn't hardened at all and can be torn in rough use. You'd want to wear one of these "skin suits" under clothing and when using a respirator and bubble helmet/mask.
Taking Frank's point on kit/equipment I used CES because I believed that was the "common ground" but anything I find and put forward is a) merely a suggestion for group discussion b) has the "something a bit like this" tag attached - certainly until approved by the DM! :)

On the CES robots list there is a Steward Bot. This helps us out by not occupying a stateroom like a crewman would but it is expensive as is the Cargo Bot (which due to the ship design we might not need as much):

Servitor (TL 13): Servitor robots are expensive humanoid robots who are programmed to act as butlers or servants to the nobility. Steward 2 / Liaison 2. Price: Cr120,000

Cargo Robot (TL 11): These simple, heavy-duty robots are found in starport docks and on board cargo ships. Price: Cr75,000
A Cargo Drone might be cheaper and Edwardo could "pilot" it with his Comms skill..
Regina is TL-12, my house rule is that...if it is available...products from higher tech cost more (~50% more per TL) and products from lower tech cost less (~5% less per TL). Yes, 50% going up and 5% going down, not a typo.

On Regina
Servitor Robot: 180,000 cr.
Cargo Robot: 71,000 cr.

House Rule on Stewards: I was a bit surprised about the 1 level per 2 passengers thing, so I went looking and found that has varied from edition to edition.

I'm going to say that it's 4 passengers per level starting at Steward-0. JOAT counts as Steward-0. Anyone can be hired/assigned Steward duties. Those without any Steward skill at all can attempt to "fake it", using their SOC/3 as a DM as a modifier on an 8+ or 10+ roll.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by Nuke66 »

Well, let's start with fuel and cargo opportunities out of the 700k group funds. Next, find a hired steward. Then we can buy upgrades and such.

Edwardo still has some 118k left for gear.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by joertexas »

Nuke66 wrote:Well, let's start with fuel and cargo opportunities out of the 700k group funds. Next, find a hired steward. Then we can buy upgrades and such.

If he wants a skinsuit, he can go with Carlos and Zaki to the shop.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by Nuke66 »

I suppose that would be a good idea. Please forgive my n00bish effort here. I have not really played a game since circa 1980, one of my first steps into RPG.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by joertexas »

Nuke66 wrote:I suppose that would be a good idea. Please forgive my n00bish effort here. I have not really played a game since circa 1980, one of my first steps into RPG.
Invite posted.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#156 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:Well, let's start with fuel and cargo opportunities out of the 700k group funds. Next, find a hired steward. Then we can buy upgrades and such.

If he wants a skinsuit, he can go with Carlos and Zaki to the shop.
May as well expand the target list enlarge the party :-) Pedro has already mentioned he wants to get one as well. He'd like to go back and thank Sawhuffa for getting the whole ball rolling with forwarding the picture to Lord Featherstuff.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#157 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:House Rule on Stewards: I was a bit surprised about the 1 level per 2 passengers thing, so I went looking and found that has varied from edition to edition.

I'm going to say that it's 4 passengers per level starting at Steward-0. JOAT counts as Steward-0. Anyone can be hired/assigned Steward duties. Those without any Steward skill at all can attempt to "fake it", using their SOC/3 as a DM as a modifier on an 8+ or 10+ roll.
OK, so Carlos as-is can handle 4 of them, and our crack pilot with Steward-1 can get the rest. :D

I'm thinking Carlos will try to train up to Steward-1 over the flight.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Tiglath »

That's a shrewd move. We can then "cover" all 8 high passage slots with both Pedro and Carlos as our "experts" and the rest of the crew filling in as "assistants" at their direction.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#159 Post by ffilz »

Hmm, in the character sheets, you dropped my dagger-1 and made electronics-1 instead of electronics-0.

I'll want one of those skinsuits, how much? I guess I never purchased any gear... I should get a dagger and a shotgun (I think I was training in shotgun). Dunno what else I should gear up with? Combo mask? IR/LI combo goggles? Mechanical tools? Communicators?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:I suppose that would be a good idea. Please forgive my n00bish effort here. I have not really played a game since circa 1980, one of my first steps into RPG.
You'd never know it! You are playing the heck out of Edwardo.

I've been impressed by the playing of all of you.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”