It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 174
Sigrun bridles and, for a telling moment, looks very much like a creature at bay as she instinctively snarls “My tactical judgement is what prevents us all getting killed! If this were the Sword Worlds we would proudly make port, celebrating the glory of what we had achieved – killing brigands, rescuing a Jarl and taking a prize ship in the process! A bright deed well done - all would share the joy of it!”

Then she stops herself and continues quietly “But I am the stranger here …” letting out a bewildered breath she allows “… and maybe I’ve misread this battlefield. I thought, as a warrior, I should meet the boarding party. Then, if things went wrong … it would just be me. You are all so wary of your own government that I should be too – perhaps even more so”.

Then Sigrun looks Zaki directly in the eye and states simply “I trust you” and unbuckles the heavy pistol from her thigh. With a reckless grin she adds “They can’t think less of me if I face them unarmed!”

Sigrun will stow her guns in her cabin. (OOC: Plural - because doesn't everyone carry a backup? :roll: )

On returning to the bridge an obviously unarmed and uncomfortable looking Sigrun speaks to Pedro “My apologies Kapiten I misjudged the issue and I hope not to repeat my mistake”. She smiles ruefully and then looks slightly embarrasssed “My guns are in my cabin – even my backup. It is unnatural and now I feel like I am in my skivvies”.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 541
Tiglath wrote:
Then Sigrun looks Zaki directly in the eye and states simply “I trust you” and unbuckles the heavy pistol from her thigh. With a reckless grin she adds “They can’t think less of me if I face them unarmed!”


"Thank you." Zaki steps up and gives the towering blonde a brief hug. "I trust you, too, and I'm glad you're here with us."

Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun will stow her guns in her cabin. (OOC: plural because doesn't everyone carry a backup? :roll: )


I do ;)

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 174
Sigrun gratefully returns the hug and mutters "Coming to Regina, First Fleet - it makes me ... " she pauses, clearly mentally vetting appropriate adjectives, and then settles on " ... wary".

joertexas wrote:
I do ;)


(OOC: Commandments eleven and twelve: Carry a back up and Wear your vest!). :)

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 541
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun gratefully returns the hug and mutters "Coming to Regina, First Fleet - it makes me ... " she pauses, clearly mentally vetting appropriate adjectives, and then settles on " ... wary".

"I'm sure Edwardo will put in a good word for you, as will Lord William and Lady Jane." Zaki grasped Sigrun's shoulders and gently shook her. "You did good, and we will all back you on that."
Tiglath wrote:
(OOC: Commandments eleven and twelve: Carry a back up and Wear your vest!). :)

Meh, I'm not in a high enough threat level to warrant a vest. The backup is available and easy to implement.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Tiglath wrote:
On returning to the bridge an obviously unarmed and uncomfortable looking Sigrun speaks to Pedro “My apologies Kapiten I misjudged the issue and I hope not to repeat my mistake”. She smiles ruefully and then looks slightly embarrasssed “My guns are in my cabin – even my backup. It is unnatural and I feel like I am in my skivvies”.

Carlos shrugs. "Not to worry, cheena. We just gotta keep the Navy frosty. From what I gather, you Swordies were the 'big bad wolverines' around here. Showing them you're unarmed and nonthreatening is a Good Thing, We'll make sure you get proper credit when they debrief us."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:06 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 174
Sigrun nods and smiles at Carlos “You are all my good crewmates and I know that you will speak well of me”. She sets to unbraiding her hair and combing it loose as she walks across the bridge towards her turret. Then she stops and turns back mid action, the green of her left eye just visible through the shadows across her face and a veil of loose blond hair and she says quietly “Wolves. I was one of the wolves that they feared in the dark. The war was recent and there are still fresh wounds and old scores to settle here. I thought I stood alone” her white teeth shine in her bright predator's smile “but now I realise I do not - and I am grateful”.

So as not to further antagonise matters Sigrun will stash her drugs in a deep concealment within her combat armour (Streetwise).

Edited

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun nods and smiles at Carlos “You are all my good crewmates and I know that you will speak well of me”. She sets to unbraiding her hair and combing it loose as she walks across the bridge towards her turret. Then she stops and turns back mid action, the green of her left eye just visible through the shadows across her face and a veil of loose blond hair and she says quietly “Wolves. I was one of the wolves that they feared in the dark. The war was recent and there are still fresh wounds and old scores to settle here. I thought I stood alone” her white teeth shine in her bright predator's smile “but now I realise I do not - and I am grateful”.

So as not to further antagonise matters Sigrun will stash her drugs in a deep concealment within her combat armour (Streetwise).

Edited

Carlos grins. "Atta girl, you'll be fine." He accepts another cup of kaff from Zaki. "Thanks, dear." Checking the comm set, he frowns, then punches up the nav program checking their orbit. He does a quick calculation for an orbit insertion 500,000 kilometers from the gas giant, then 'flicks' the suggested course change over to Pedro. "Hey, put us on this orbit. It's nonthreatening, okay?"

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 129
Keven wrote:
Carlos grins. "Atta girl, you'll be fine." He accepts another cup of kaff from Zaki. "Thanks, dear." Checking the comm set, he frowns, then punches up the nav program checking their orbit. He does a quick calculation for an orbit insertion 500,000 kilometers from the gas giant, then 'flicks' the suggested course change over to Pedro. "Hey, put us on this orbit. It's nonthreatening, okay?"


"As gentle as a baby bunny." Pedro says, and sets up the course.

And hope that they've never run into Bun-Bun... :lol:

_________________
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 541
bruce.desertrat wrote:
And hope that they've never run into Bun-Bun... :lol:


That would be... unfortunate.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos grins. "Atta girl, you'll be fine." He accepts another cup of kaff from Zaki. "Thanks, dear." Checking the comm set, he frowns, then punches up the nav program checking their orbit. He does a quick calculation for an orbit insertion 500,000 kilometers from the gas giant, then 'flicks' the suggested course change over to Pedro. "Hey, put us on this orbit. It's nonthreatening, okay?"


"As gentle as a baby bunny." Pedro says, and sets up the course.

And hope that they've never run into Bun-Bun... :lol:

Carlos nods. "Sounds like a plan." He checks the scanners for the yacht and the Navy, then keys the mike again. "Regina Traffic, this is Who Knows, maneuvering into the following orbit and shutting down awaiting inspection." He reads the orbital elements off the console. "And Navy, we're still waiting to hear from you. You guys awake over there yet?"

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 541
Keven wrote:
Carlos nods. "Sounds like a plan." He checks the scanners for the yacht and the Navy, then keys the mike again. "Regina Traffic, this is Who Knows, maneuvering into the following orbit and shutting down awaiting inspection." He reads the orbital elements off the console. "And Navy, we're still waiting to hear from you. You guys awake over there yet?"


Zaki settles into one of the bridge's jump seats. "I do hope they talk first," she says with a nervous laugh.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 544
Location: Pace, Fl
Three SDB's peel off orbit around the Regina moon and set course for your ship. Two 1000 ton plus naval ships also change course and head for you.

Over the radio you are ordered to switch to a course that takes you away from the gas giant and out into open space and once you are on that heading to power down and await interception and boarding.

Another ship pops into the system and starts broadcasting that it is /The Old Dream/, with Lord William and Lady Jane aboard, and that another ship will be entering without a transponder...

There is a period of mass confusion, but nobody fires any missiles or lasers at anyone and things begin to calm down...relatively. /The Old Dream/ is directed to the same heading as your ship and you'll both be boarded and inspected...if nothing else.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Carlos wrote:
Carlos locks the course corrections into the computer, turns on the autopilot and commits the change. "Well. About khest'n time they got here." As soon as the course correction starts running, he keys up the radio. "Navy, this is Who Knows. Starting correction burn to designated course. Final speed looks to be about 25 klick-secs. We'll keep the comm manned for an anchor watch." He grins some more. "Honey, we're... Here..."

The radio pops then a voice says, "Who Knows this is Captain Ross Linger aboard INS Vaulthall. We see your course correction. Now go to radio silence. When we want to talk to you we'll do it and you reply on a tight beam directly to this ship. No reply needed. Out."

Passive sensors show The Old Dream turn to an intercept course with you. You can only guess what conversations they are having with Captain Linger...and his superiors.

It looks like all the ships will converge on a location about 2 million km out from the gas giant in about 70 minutes. About 20 minutes before the intercept there is a ping from The Old Dream coming in over a very tight beam.

"Hey, this is Lord William." says a male voice followed by a feminine one, "And Lady Jane."

"We're currently at an angle where none of the other ships can detect this, but only for a couple of minutes, so I just wanted to tell you that everything is going to be okay. I've talked to Captain Linger then escalated the conversation to include Admiral Simms, the Seneschal for the Duke, and the Sector Director of LSP. Once you're inspected you'll be allowed to dock at a base on Taka, it's another moon orbiting Prime, the gas giant, for your debriefing."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:37 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 174
joertexas wrote:
Zaki settles into one of the bridge's jump seats. "I do hope they talk first," she says with a nervous laugh.


Sigrun replies calmly “Don’t worry, Zaki. If those two fleet elements shoot first we won’t know anything about it!” and then winks reassuringly at her comrade as she climbs into her turret.

As events unfold Sigrun monitors the sensor data relayed to her gunnery console and quietly comments "Looks like the Fleet's racing System Defence to deal with us but the SDBs are built to be faster. At least Old Dream is here with us".

Keven wrote:
Carlos chuckles. "Three SDBs and a couple destroyer escorts. Nice to know we're loved."


As she watches the plot develop on her screen she grimly comments "Ja, they really are giving us lots of love".

As the range to contact closes she quits her turret, redundantly announcing her arrival on the bridge with "Kapiten, gun crews standing down. Preparing to receive boarding party". She instinctively drops her hand to rest on the butt of her pistol and, discovering its absence, then irritably folds her arms across her body adding "We should meet them at the airlock".

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 356
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
Tiglath wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Zaki settles into one of the bridge's jump seats. "I do hope they talk first," she says with a nervous laugh.


Sigrun replies calmly “Don’t worry, Zaki. If those two fleet elements shoot first we won’t know anything about it!” and then winks reassuringly at her comrade as she climbs into her turret.

As events unfold Sigrun monitors the sensor data relayed to her gunnery console and quietly comments "Looks like the Fleet's racing System Defence to deal with us but the SDBs are built to be faster. At least Old Dream is here with us".

Keven wrote:
Carlos chuckles. "Three SDBs and a couple destroyer escorts. Nice to know we're loved."


As she watches the plot develop on her screen she grimly comments "Ja, they really are giving us lots of love".

As the range to contact closes she quits her turret, redundantly announcing her arrival on the bridge with "Kapiten, gun crews standing down. Preparing to receive boarding party". She instinctively drops her hand to rest on the butt of her pistol and, discovering its absence, then irritably folds her arms across her body adding "We should meet them at the airlock".

Carlos nods. "Yeah, just one of us, though. Don't wanna spook the poor crunchies coming over. The rest of us in the crew lounge with paperwork at the ready?"

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 129
Tiglath wrote:
As she watches the plot develop on her screen she grimly comments "Ja, they really are giving us lots of love".

As the range to contact closes she quits her turret, redundantly announcing her arrival on the bridge with "Kapiten, gun crews standing down. Preparing to receive boarding party". She instinctively drops her hand to rest on the butt of her pistol and, discovering its absence, then irritably folds her arms across her body adding "We should meet them at the airlock".

Keven wrote:
Carlos nods. "Yeah, just one of us, though. Don't wanna spook the poor crunchies coming over. The rest of us in the crew lounge with paperwork at the ready?"


Pedro laughs. "Well, you've been doing all the talking, I nominate you to be the designated tasercatcher!

_________________
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 541
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
Pedro laughs. "Well, you've been doing all the talking, I nominate you to be the designated tasercatcher!

"They will have to taze me, too." Zaki stands and walks to the bridge hatch. "I'll have my reserve ID available. It might help."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 174
Sigrun adds “They should be met by the Kapiten in person or whoever leads the ship's troops, someone to look them in the eye and stare them down when they come aboard – its …” she gropes for a term and has to settle for “polite!”

Then she gives a resigned sigh, pushes her hair back from her eyes and looks at her assembled comrades wearing a self mocking smile which seems to relieve a little of her tension. “Heiðinn folk! What do I know? Whoever volunteers, I’ll stand with you if you wish it and I’ll greet them however you say - but please don’t tell me you strange people hug boarders!”

joertexas wrote:
Zaki stands and walks to the bridge hatch. "I'll have my reserve ID available. It might help."


She responds with a worried half smile and instinctively adds "Zaki, please clip your ID to your suit - don't have anything in your hands. They might be ... over excited".

Edited

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 541
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun adds “They should be met by the Kapiten in person or whoever leads the ship's troops, someone to look them in the eye and stare them down when they come aboard – its …” she gropes for a term and has to settle for “polite!”

Then she gives a resigned sigh, pushes her hair back from her eyes and looks at her assembled comrades wearing a self mocking smile which seems to relieve a little of her tension. “Heiðinn folk! What do I know? Whoever volunteers, I’ll stand with you if you wish it and I’ll greet them however you say - but please don’t tell me you strange people hug boarders!”

joertexas wrote:
Zaki stands and walks to the bridge hatch. "I'll have my reserve ID available. It might help."


She responds with a worried half smile and instinctively adds "Zaki, please clip your ID to your suit - don't have anything in your hands. They might be ... over excited".


Zaki smiles up at the towering Sword Worlder. "I'll strip naked to greet them if it will help. Failing that, let's do greet them with our IDs ready." She leaves the bridge, nips into her quarters to gather her and Carlos' IDs, and then returns to the common area.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 544
Location: Pace, Fl
OOC: I edited an earlier post accidentally, so I'll post this again...

The radio pops then a voice says, "Who Knows this is Captain Ross Linger aboard INS Vaulthall. We see your course correction. Now go to radio silence. When we want to talk to you we'll do it and you reply on a tight beam directly to this ship. No reply needed. Out."

Passive sensors show The Old Dreamm turn to an intercept course with you. You can only guess what conversations they are having with Captain Linger...and his superiors.

It looks like all the ships will converge on a location about 2 million km out from the gas giant in about 70 minutes. About 20 minutes before the intercept there is a ping from The Old Dream coming in over a very tight beam.

"Hey, this is Lord William." says a male voice followed by a feminine one, "And Lady Jane."

"We're currently at an angle where none of the other ships can detect this, but only for a couple of minutes, so I just wanted to tell you that everything is going to be okay. I've talked to Captain Linger then escalated the conversation to include Admiral Simms, the Seneschal for the Duke, and the Sector Director of LSP. Once you're inspected you'll be allowed to dock at a base on Taka, it's another moon orbiting Prime, the gas giant, for your debriefing."

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group