It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 171
Once more Sigrun is grateful for Zaki's assistance as the Luzon is loaded into the low berth. Once she has distributed meals to those on the upper deck (and wolfed down her own MRE) a seemingly much more relaxed Sigrun has a look around the cagro hold, amiably greeting John Lee and joining those dealing with the missiles. She will also check out the "large gas tanks in the central section of the hold"

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 538
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Once more Sigrun is grateful for Zaki's assistance as the Luzon is loaded into the low berth. Once she has distributed meals to those on the upper deck (and wolfed down her own MRE) a seemingly much more relaxed Sigrun has a look around the cagro hold, amiably greeting John Lee and joining those dealing with the missiles. She will also check out the "large gas tanks in the central section of the hold"


Haley calls out,"Over here!"

You see a pair of crates marked as "Farm Implements". The lid on one is open.

"This is the one they showed me." Haley says, "See, there are four missiles in this one and I assume four in the other."

"I don't know if the computer has the Launch program, but if it does we could fire these from the launcher we've got installed in one of our turrets. I don't think we have any Sand Canisters, though.", she says as she continues to rummage around.

Sigrun reads the labels on the three gas tanks stacked in the center of the cargo hold, "C4H8Cl2S...Avoid any exposure!"

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 126
Mustard gas???!! what is this a Traveller / WWI crossover??

Perdo blanches slightly as he reads the label on the tanks "We DEFINITELY want those secured well. And, if I had my druthers, jettisoned into a fast solar decay orbit once we document them. This is war crimes kind of stuff."

_________________
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 534
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Mustard gas???!! what is this a Traveller / WWI crossover??

Perdo blanches slightly as he reads the label on the tanks "We DEFINITELY want those secured well. And, if I had my druthers, jettisoned into a fast solar decay orbit once we document them. This is war crimes kind of stuff."


Zaki sits bolt upright in her chair, almost spilling her MRE off her lap. She keys her comm. "I don't remember what that stuff is called, but it's pretty bad. I agree with Pedro, get rid of it."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 171
Sigrun warily checks that the canisters are well secured to the hold. She replies to Hayley “We should check the missiles to make sure they haven’t got Chem warheads just to be sure. It should be a simple visual check. We can beg a couple of rounds of sand from the Old Dream”.

She sets herself atop a crate and muses aloud “Setting up a pirate operation armed with chemical weapons why? Just one parsec from the sector capital? And using Imperial POWs! These Luzon are way beyond reckless and well into insanity! This is just so provocative that the Imperial Navy will … “.

She stops herself, sighs and adds “Well, perhaps that’s the plan … “

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 534
Zaki finishes her lunch, and begins inspecting the passenger and crew cabins to be sure they are habitable and clear of anything hazardous. She will also check to see if there are clean bedclothes aboard, and if the ship's laundry is still operating.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2721
Edwardo continues to monitor the COMMS station while eating his lunch.

When the cargo discussion comes up, his interest is piqued. "Mustard Gas, I'd think there is a market for such stuff. Black Market to be sure, but a market none the less."

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 171
Sigrun replies warily “A very dangerous market, Jarl Edwardo, filled with very dangerous people. The Imperial Navy will trade you nuclear warheads for your chemical weapons. They deliver in advance - right into your lap! Unless you are very well connected I recommend we leave that well alone”.

Then she irritably adds “In addition any buyer you found would likely be connected to some people with whom I have a bloodfeud. In fact, this whole set up stinks of them already!”

She smiles grimly and continues "Welcome all to the politics of the Spinward Marches! What we have in our hands now is enough physical evidence to sink the Luzon politically and do real damage to whoever is backing them. Equally if we hand it to Imperial "hawks" on Regina they would have the means to start fanning the embers of the Fourth Frontier War into the Fifth".

She will help Haley check over the missiles to ensure they have conventional warheads.

Edit: additional dialogue

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 126
Tiglath wrote:

She smiles grimly and continues "Welcome all to the politics of the Spinward Marches! What we have in our hands now is enough physical evidence to sink the Luzon politically and do real damage to whoever is backing them. Equally if we hand it to Imperial "hawks" on Regina they would have enough to start fanning the embers of the Fourth Frontier War into the Fifth".


Pedro nods. "This is some dehashtaanki business, very tricky, likely to tunnelcollapse us to goo. We need to be very careful with this stuff, and even word of it's existence. Properly handled we could probably come out of this with a powerful and grateful patron, as in 'has drinks with the Emperor' powerful. He snorts "And those kinds of patrons come with "has drinks with the Emperor, too" enemies."

He shakes his head

"just dropping it into the sun has it's appeal..."

_________________
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 171
Sigrun smiles slowly “The first rule of Frontier politics is that everybody has to play – and we should. Mustard gas is next to useless as a military weapon – even most low tech troops can protect themselves from it. In the hands of lunatics like the Luzon it will only ever be used for terrorism, most probably against civilians – that would be the only market we could sell it into”.

Sigrun flicks her heterochromatic gaze to lock momentarily with Pedro’s and she simply states “I take issue with doing that – even in the Imperium”.

She continues smoothly “Nor should we destroy it. The value of this stuff is in its political capital. I might be lazy but I’ll take the fleeting gratitude of a politician over the risk of execution for trafficking prohibited weapons. For me there is another reason. There are those on my side of the Frontier who wish to goad the Imperials into acts of aggression and are willing to commit any atrocity to that end. They and I had a falling out on Silver over a captured field hospital. I’m willing to bet they are backing the Luzon and anything that wrecks the plans of the Ine Givar grants me revenge”.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 126
Tiglath wrote:
She continues smoothly “Nor should we destroy it. The value of this stuff is in its political capital. I might be lazy but I’ll take the fleeting gratitude of a politician over the risk of execution for trafficking prohibited weapons. For me there is another reason. There are those on my side of the Frontier who wish to goad the Imperials into acts of aggression and are willing to commit any atrocity to that end. They and I had a falling out on Silver over a captured field hospital. I’m willing to bet they are backing the Luzon and anything that wrecks the plans of the Ine Givar grants me revenge”.


"Yes this is valuable political capital. The trick is to spending it is like a mouse dancing with a herd of elephants. It's just as easy to get squashed by a friend as by an enemey, unseen..." He narrows his eyes. "Sir William and the others are are almost certainly going to be debriefed by NavInt, and I don't see even how his or his father's pull is going to keep us from being dragged into it. NavInt are bastards, but they're rational bastards...they don't want a further war any more than we do. I say dump it all in their laps. "

He smiles briefly "It might even increase our chances of getting to keep this ship. With the occasional string, I'll wager. Krech n gat, we are so screwed, aren't we, valkyrie...we're making all the wrong kinds of friends...high muckety mucks in megacorps gearing up for a war with each other, and now, likely NavInt or worse, the local Admirals... "

_________________
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 538
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun warily checks that the canisters are well secured to the hold. She replies to Hayley “We should check the missiles to make sure they haven’t got Chem warheads just to be sure. It should be a simple visual check. We can beg a couple of rounds of sand from the Old Dream”.

She sets herself atop a crate and muses aloud “Setting up a pirate operation armed with chemical weapons why? Just one parsec from the sector capital? And using Imperial POWs! These Luzon are way beyond reckless and well into insanity! This is just so provocative that the Imperial Navy will … “.

She stops herself, sighs and adds “Well, perhaps that’s the plan … “

The tanks are well secured. There is no detectable smell of any sort of chemicals in the hold (OOC: but, of course, with mustard gas that doesn't mean much after the first few minutes of exposure.) and the missiles all appear to have high explosive shells, but you do find several empty missile shells and some pumping equipment, so they might have intended to load missiles with the gas at some future point.

Chandra has been watching the refueling process while Haley, Pedro, John Lee and Sigrun have been searching the cargo bay. He notes that the tanks are full of water and about half of the H2O has been processed into pure H2 at this point. There is more than enough fuel to fly the ship out to the Jump Point, and well before you get there you'll have enough of the water refined to make the jump to Regina.

Eris
Akus

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 538
Location: Pace, Fl
joertexas wrote:
Zaki finishes her lunch, and begins inspecting the passenger and crew cabins to be sure they are habitable and clear of anything hazardous. She will also check to see if there are clean bedclothes aboard, and if the ship's laundry is still operating.

The passenger staterooms are all close to occupiable, but the crew cabins have been turned into cells and it is going to take a good bit of time and effort to clean them out and return them to a "livable" state. As for the passenger staterooms...

...there is clean linen in the locker and the laundry, though small, should freshen it quickly. The rooms need a bit of dusting, and the life support needs to be turned on and run a bit to get the musty smell out of the rooms. There is life support supplies aboard in crates in the hold, but it is just air and water. For food it is going to be MRE's all the way to Regina.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 171
Sigrun smiles at Pedro then looks uncomfortable “Imperial Naval Intelligence? You were right the first time”. She sighs “Seems like I might need to keep reminding my new best friend Jarl William who pulled him out of that cell! Meanwhile I’ll call the Old Dream - check their fuel status and that they’re prepped to transit to the jump point. I’ll also make sure Lady Jane’s happy – she’s paying after all”.

She thinks for a moment then adds “I assume we’re the “prize crew” for this vagabond of a trader?” She grins “Shall I tell them that’s our new callsign - Vagabond? In any event we will need to transfer our gear over from the yacht”.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 534
Eris wrote:
The passenger staterooms are all close to occupiable, but the crew cabins have been turned into cells and it is going to take a good bit of time and effort to clean them out and return them to a "livable" state. As for the passenger staterooms...

...there is clean linen in the locker and the laundry, though small, should freshen it quickly. The rooms need a bit of dusting, and the life support needs to be turned on and run a bit to get the musty smell out of the rooms. There is life support supplies aboard in crates in the hold, but it is just air and water. For food it is going to be MRE's all the way to Regina.


Zaki starts at the forward end of the passenger accommodations, changing the linens and cleaning the rooms. She adjusts the environmental controls in each room to air them out. She runs the linens through the laundry before putting them on the bunks.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 352
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Quick note 3: Someone will need to visit the cargo hold to get any MRE's you eat and someone might want to check the ship's locker/pantry to see what food and drink you have aboard...[/ooc]


Zaki picks up MREs for herself and the bridge crew (including Carlos) and goes to the bridge to deliver them. She then looks for a place to sit in the forward lounge.

Carlos looks up from fighting the navigation routines in the computer as she sets an MRE by him. "Thanks, dear. Helluva fourth date, isn't it?"

Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun smiles slowly “The first rule of Frontier politics is that everybody has to play – and we should. Mustard gas is next to useless as a military weapon – even most low tech troops can protect themselves from it. In the hands of lunatics like the Luzon it will only ever be used for terrorism, most probably against civilians – that would be the only market we could sell it into”.

Sigrun flicks her heterochromatic gaze to lock momentarily with Pedro’s and she simply states “I take issue with doing that – even in the Imperium”.

She continues smoothly “Nor should we destroy it. The value of this stuff is in its political capital. I might be lazy but I’ll take the fleeting gratitude of a politician over the risk of execution for trafficking prohibited weapons. For me there is another reason. There are those on my side of the Frontier who wish to goad the Imperials into acts of aggression and are willing to commit any atrocity to that end. They and I had a falling out on Silver over a captured field hospital. I’m willing to bet they are backing the Luzon and anything that wrecks the plans of the Ine Givar grants me revenge”.

Carlos chimes in over the comm. "Look, these khazaks kept some of OURS after the war died out. That's a war crime. Toxic weaponry is another. I have ZERO problems dumping this on the Impy spooks and letting them deal with these chakka. Howbout we don't khest with the bad weapons until we can turn them over, along with what, one of theirs? Getting brownpoints with the Impy spook services could come in handy, since we seem to be drakh deep in Impy politics these days..."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 363
Eris wrote:
Chandra has been watching the refueling process while Haley, Pedro, John Lee and Sigrun have been searching the cargo bay. He notes that the tanks are full of water and about half of the H2O has been processed into pure H2 at this point. There is more than enough fuel to fly the ship out to the Jump Point, and well before you get there you'll have enough of the water refined to make the jump to Regina.

Chandra: Captain, engineering is ready for lift at any time, maneuvering fuel is processed and by the time we reach the jump limit, jump fuel will have been processed.

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 538
Location: Pace, Fl
Keven wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Quick note 3: Someone will need to visit the cargo hold to get any MRE's you eat and someone might want to check the ship's locker/pantry to see what food and drink you have aboard...[/ooc]


Zaki picks up MREs for herself and the bridge crew (including Carlos) and goes to the bridge to deliver them. She then looks for a place to sit in the forward lounge.

Carlos looks up from fighting the navigation routines in the computer as she sets an MRE by him. "Thanks, dear. Helluva fourth date, isn't it?"

Frank has inspired me to require a ship to have a "jump tape", ie. program, before it can make a jump. This program can be gotten at a Starport for 10 KCR, or created by the Generate program on a ship's computer.

Carlos will find that this ship lacks the Generate program. The Old Dream, Lady Jane's yacht, however, does have that program.

So, your options are to go back to the local Star Port to buy a jump tape from Ruie to Regina (ha! ha!), or to generate one with The Old Dream's Generate program.

If you use the other ship's (or eventually your own) Generate program, you'll need to have the Engineer provide data on the ship's drives, power supply, and ship size/configuration and the Navigator provide data on both the local star system and the destination system to the program. Doing this is so easy it won't even take a roll from anyone unless you're in an emergency situation. It takes roughly an hour to generate and load the program onto a computer "tape"...cartridge...that you physically insert into your ship's computer at the proper time.

Once the cartridge with the jump course is loaded into the computer. A Jump program (there is a different one for J1 through J6) is loaded and the Pilot has an Easy task flying the ship into jump space on the proper course. You have a J1 cartridge in this ship's library of programs.

Jump Tapes, or cartridges, are based in part on local system information that changes, so they are only completely reliable for a week or so after being generated. As the program on the cartridges age misjumps from using them increase.

Alternatively, if you don't have access to a jump tape at all, you can still attempt a jump. The Navigator takes the data from Engineering and the system data and manually works out the program...this is a lengthy and Very Hard task with an uncertain outcome. If you don't have the Jump program for the jump you're making, but do have a proper jump tape the Pilot must complete a Very Hard task to get the ship into jump space and on the proper course.

While in Jump Space staying on course isn't a sure thing, so someone needs to keep an eye on the "little blue dot in the center of the red circle." If the blue dot begins to move out of the center of that circle minor course corrections need to be made by the Pilot. As the ship nears its destination the blue dot grows larger until it fills the red circle. Keep in mind the dot and circle are from the generated program and if you misjumped you may very well not know it until you do emerge. However you should start to worry if: 1. the dot leaves the circle and you can't get it back inside; 2. the dot still hasn't filled the circle after a week or so; or 3. the dot grows larger than the circle and you still aren't breaking back into normal space.

Oh, one other note! Chandra has noticed that this ship...whatever you name her...as a drive that can do a jump 2, but neither the fuel storage nor the computer program/storage/processor to allow it to do more than a J1 at this time. To get to J2 with this ship would require turning some cargo space into fuel storage, upgrading the computer, and buying a J2 program. All doable, but expensive.

Questions?

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 171
When Sigrun contacts the Old Dream she will request they run up a Jump tape using their Generate program. Revealing herself to be a capable co-pilot she will coordinate data from Carlos (Nav), Chandra (Engineering) and ask Edwardo (Comms) to pass it securely to the Old Dream. She will volunteer to bring back the Jump tape herself when she goes aboard the Old Dream to deliver her after action report to Lady Jane (she’s making sure she gets paid!).

She also wants to personally thank Captain Smith for his role during the storming of the trader. It seems that the ability to deliver ruthlessly efficient close air support is one of the ways to impress her.

While the Jump tape is being generated she will use the time to transfer gear from ship to ship. Now minus her camo paint and with her hair gathered into a ponytail she pads over to John Lee and, indicating her under armour, says “I need one last luxury shower and a change of clothes and we’ll need the G carrier to transfer gear from the Old Dream. Will you fly me over?” She smiles and then with mock conspiracy draws him near and adds “We’re staring down a week in jump with just MREs and recycled water. With no mead or bourbon things could get ugly”. She continues playfully and with a bright grin “I plan to steal as much of the bar as I can fit in the G carrier but I might need a hand distracting the Steward – McDonald. He may be old but he’s still sharp and he watches me like a hawk - he doesn't give up his booze easily!”

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 534
Keven wrote:
Carlos looks up from fighting the navigation routines in the computer as she sets an MRE by him. "Thanks, dear. Helluva fourth date, isn't it?"


Welcome back! :D

"It is!" Zaki says with a laugh. She sits down next to him. "Now, I'm wondering what you're going to do for our next date that can top this one."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group